Product Faculty offers a part-time 8-week course in product management in Toronto, Canada. The course covers both basic and advanced product management content including PM Foundations, product strategy, roadmaps, agile methods, business, data, and UX skills. Students will engage in one-on-one mentorship throughout and after the course from instructors with more than 8 years of product industry experience. In each class, students can also learn professional guest speakers from the tech industry product space.
Product Faculty envisions empowering product managers with the product ethos required to excel in tomorrow’s economy. Students will review the top Toronto tech start-ups and product cases, and receive resume critiques and mock interviews to help strategically translate past experience to a product. This guidance better helps students land a product management job.
As well as receiving catered lunch for every class; upon completion of the course, students earn an Advanced Product Management certificate.
Recent Product Faculty Reviews: Rating 4.96
Recent Product Faculty News
- Product Management
OnlinePart Time8 Hours/week7 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $4,995 Class size N/A Location -The course covers both basic and advanced product management content including PM Foundations, product strategy, roadmaps, agile methods, business, data, and UX skills.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Payment Plans Offered
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
Product Faculty Reviews
103 reviews sorted by:
- Best Advanced Product Management Course In TO For Enhancing Practical and Industry-centric Product Knowledge- 5/10/2019Dron Sharma • Product Manager • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedInI was looking for a PM course with great quality as the biggest priority. After taking a few mock classes and researching well about the various options available in Toronto, I chose Product Faculty. And today post graduating, I am surely very happy to have made this choice.The factors that genuinely set Product Faculty apart are as below:1. Course Content: Well researched, fully updated and in-depth covering not just the basics but also covering the advanced strategic areas of product management.2. Instructors: Although Moe, is definitely the lead instructor, but getting specialized instructors who are the best in their respective areas of work, brings top notch quality to the course. This definitely helps you to learn each area of PM holistically. Jaxson, Sam, Farah and Sikandar combined with Moe form a terrific team of instructors.3. Guest Lectures: How many years or events would it take to hear, learn and understand from 8 to 10 most noteworthy product leaders in Toronto? Product Faculty and Moe, do a fantastic job in getting some of the most renowned Product leaders in Toronto, to share their learning from live case studies and current trends. This is a huge gain for the students as they get exposure to so many different and unique untouched areas of PM. This really helped me develop an interesting perspective across varied tech industries and products.4. Unique Practical Exercise and Project-Based Approach: The classes are not all lectures and presentation, infact majority part consists of group exercises, collaborative solution oriented product tasks, road mapping, storyboarding - you name the area of PM and it is covered. To up the game, we even have to work on a live project and come up with real practical solutions, which is actually judged by a great panel of senior product leaders of Toronto. This ensures a tight and sincere work, which really sets a benchmark in quality learning form the project.5. Job Support - Last but certainly a very important cog in the wheel. Moe with Ayhan, work hard with you on getting the resume and interview preparation for the coveted PM roles.6. Cohort - The cohort is very carefully chosen by Moe, after a round of informational interaction, which ensures that the quality and the industry-mix in the cohort is of very high quality. This not only results in you getting a great network but also exceptional industry-wide understanding from fellow colleagues.Thus, the above 6 pointers, quantitatively and qualitatively, definitely set this course apart in Toronto. And I would happily recommend the course to anybody who may want to break into PM or may want to further his/her career into PM.
- Course: Product Management- 5/10/2019Della Dsouza • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
I was part of the Product Faculty (PF) Feb 2019 cohort. My intention behind joining PF was to learn and understand more about product management and break into a product management career. I had compared different product management courses in Toronto. I’m glad I decided to join Product Faculty. Things that are different about PF is that Moe personally teaches each of the classes, these classes are interactive, insightful peer discussions, and guest speakers from the industry. You have to work on a project as you move along in the course which gives you hands-on experience. There is also career support and mentorship. Moe is very prompt and helpful to answer any questions you have or guide you along the way.
There is a good mix of people who come from diverse backgrounds aspiring to be product managers as well as product managers early in their career. This unique class demographic allows you to learn from your fellow classmates as well. There are guest speakers every week, which I found very helpful. These speakers shared their experience in the product management field, we had speakers who are heads of product, VC, product marketing and data science experts. It gives you a very holistic view of what is needed to build or be part of a successful product team.
I would recommend Product Faculty to anyone trying to enhance their skillsets or even break into the product management career. Moe does a good job of giving you the tools to be successful in product management. I am glad to have the opportunity to work with talented people which has only enriched my experience and learning.
- Getting you ready for the world of Product- 5/8/2019Umer Farooq • Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
As a product manager working in the field, I was looking for a program that can enhance my knowledge and teach me the frameworks and practices of Product Management. I am glad that I choose Product Faculty, as it turned out to be a very fulfilling experience.
We were taught by a mentor (Moe) who has extensive professional and academic knowledge of the field. His method of teaching involved a mix of theory and hands-on exercises, this made the classes highly engaging. There were insightful peer discussions which were followed by a guest speaker from the industry; these speakers brought their unique skill-set and experience. I thoroughly enjoyed Jaxson Khan session which was a boot camp on Product marketing and Sam’s on UX for Product.
Probably the best part of the program was the exercise of launching a major feature for a well-known product. The knowledge that we acquired in our sessions got applied in a practical way into the practices of Product Management. From research to ideation to prototype, this exercise really helped in understanding the process and frameworks required in any feature or product launch.
The program has a great support structure. Moe is always available to provide guidance and mentorship on a personal basis. The job mentorship support and interview preparation we received from Ayhan has placed us well to make our next career move in this exciting field.
- An Amazing Course For Product Managers- 5/7/2019Allen Liu • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
After several online courses, I finally decided to start to take an actual product management course to get some hands-on experience and explore more. When I was looking for a product management course, I wasn't only looking for fundamental knowledge but also looking for some advanced PM skills education. Moreover, as an individual who's currently looking to transit to a product manager role, job assistance is a huge plus. Product faculty fits all my requests, and the skills I learned and the support I got was beyond my expectation.
Moe is always willing to share and communicate with his students. The course taught by him covers from the most basic to advanced knowledge and skills you need as a product manager. The course is appropriately set and designed so the students can learn from multiple sides of the business. A product manager will need to work with various teams within the company. Learning this course will help you speak their languages and manage the relationships better. Plus, the class size is appropriate to let Moe have enough time to help each student individually.
Each week, the course will have a guest speaker. Usually, a senior level product management personnel, to speak about what is it like to be a product manager in their industry and how do they solve problems daily. Learning from them is important because each industry faces different challenges and the skills they require is not necessarily the same.
If you are currently not a product manager, this course offers an enhanced experience on how to land a product manager role. Moe and the team (usually Ayhan) will have meetings and phone calls with the students. Teach them how to hunt for a position that fits their profile the best. They also cover everything from resume editing to job interview skills to make sure you are ready when there's a chance.
In all, Moe and the team did a fantastic job to make sure the course is valuable and can help the students. I enjoyed and learned a lot from this course.
- Hussam Zaghal • Growth at Lake Finance • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
If you're an aspiring PM, I would highly recommend you look into this course. Moe has done an excellent job building a bootcamp 'experience'. Product Faculty is not a class you take every Saturday, it's a training ground where you can grow your PM skills, build relationships, learn directly from Product Leaders in TO and get a micro-to-macro view of Product Management.
I was part of the Feb - Apr 2019 cohort, one of the largest cohorts to date. Despite the size of the class, Moe still found a way to connect with each student individually and help them with their goals. For me personally, he made several introductions to people in his network, forwarded online resources my way, and set aside several hours during work weeks to recap a class with me that I missed on the weekend.
Moe lives and breathes Product. His classes were really informative, and the group activities + project allowed me to actually take some of my learnings and apply them through actual PM practice. The weekly guest speakers were a huge value-add. Having the chance to learn how Product Leaders operate and execute, and how much that varies across the board, was really insightful.
If you're on the hunt for a PM job before, during, or after the course Moe and Ayhan offer a lot of support. They'll help you refine your resume, send you job postings, and if there's a fit, will make introductions where needed.
Last, but not least, the colleagues and relationships I built while at the course were great. Moe really does a good job of filtering through applicants and making sure he's bringing on the right people.
Excellent course! I'm gonna miss Product Faculty!
- You can trust yourself to be in safe hands when one of the best Product minds in the city is trying his best to help you succeed!- 4/28/2019Harman Arneja • MBA student at Schulich School of Business • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
What I really liked about Moe's course was that in adition to his mind, he has put in a lot of heart to ensure that he creates an enriching experience for students. He is constantly innovating and keeps his eyes open for minutest of growth avenues to enhance learning opportunities for students.
Although I'm yet to start my own job search (I've just completed my first year of MBA and still have another year left :( ), I can definitely say that Moe's course has equipped me with a foundational PM knowledge and has helped me build a stronger network in the community. More importantly, however, it has also given me the confidence to discuss PM at length with experienced professionals and express my own opinions on what makes a good product!
- Best PM Course in Toronto- 3/11/2019Alice Wang • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via GitHub
I initially was going to take Brain Station's PM class since I had a scholarship there. What really convinced me to go to Product Faculty is their competitive analysis on the website and Moe's work ethics. The competitive analysis really shows PF knows their strengths compared to other PM courses in the city and aims to be the best one. And Moe's was replying to my message even on Canada Day during a BBQ!
Unlike some other PM courses which are just a brief intro to PM, PF's contents are in-depth and cover all areas of knowledge a PM will possibly need in her career. The in-class activities and final presentations provide really good hands-on experience. The part I personally like the most is the guest speaker. They are all product leaders coming from the best tech companies in the city and Moe has a really good relationship with each one of them to be able to invite them to give a talk on weekends. This gives students really practical advice from industry experts and helps them expand network if they want to switch jobs etc.
I thoroughly enjoyed the course and do think it is the best PM course in the city(P.S. really miss the catered lunch. Super healthy and delicious!). I also really respect Moe not only as my product mentor but also as an educator who is dedicated to educating the next generation of PMs in Toronto as well as an entrepreneur who is not scared of fierce competition from existing dominant players.
- Excellent resource to develop Product career- 12/7/2018Akhil M • Student • Student • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
As a student with virtually no product related experience, Product Faculty was an excellent resource to get my foot in the door.
The classroom environment encouraged discussions and in-depth conversation around a wide range of Product related topics. Moe’s extensive product knowledge, along with a variety of guest speakers, enhanced the experience and provided useful insights from industry veterans.
Most useful to me was the 'out of class' experience, in which the instructors took time to reach out for assistance and personalize the journey. Moe and I conversed on a regular basis regarding my own career path and projects to undergo in order to best prepare me for a career in Product.
Given that this course was an Advanced Product Management course, the discussions were detailed and in some ways too advanced for a student with no actual experience. Moe was definitely understanding of that and provided resources to stay on top of the material.
Whether looking to further advance your career in Product, or move into Product for the first time, I recommend Product Faculty as your next step.
- Advance Product Management- 12/5/2018Saurabh • Digital Product Owner • Graduate • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
I graduated with 3rd cohort of Product Faculty. As I was doing research on various programs in Toronto for Product Management sometime during the mid of 2018, I came across this very targeted advanced course which is offered right in the heart of downtown Toronto. The course ran for 8 straight weekends and at the end of it I believe I learned more than what I expected in the beginning. I was little apprehensive in the beginning because as an experienced profession I was looking for an exclusive program which prepares me for next 5-8 years in the industry. Moe as you would find yourself is a veteran in the discipline of Product Management and has far more than few big names in the industry to validate his credentials. And this works at all the level for a student like me because he is able to pinpoint exact challenges a Product Manager (aspiring & experienced) faces in this fast moving industry. Advance Product Management by Product Faculty is designed in such a way that it captures the imagination of inquisitive candidates and delivers on its claims with ruthless precision. There is another big part of the course which I found personally really fascinating and i.e. the plethora of amazing guest lecturers from Toronto’s tech community. These lectures seamlessly integrate with topic of the day and this helps students to make a logical connection to what was taught in the class to real world applications. Lectures of this quality always ended up sparking a quality discussion amongst the student & which in turn would move you close to Toronto’s tech community. All the student work on live project and present on their last day in from of a panel drawn from the industry. This is an important clog of the program, as it makes you analyze your own strength and weaknesses, thanks to Product Faculty’s crew (Moe and Sikander) who are able to facilitate and provide such a controlled environment with all the ingredients of real world applications. On the personal front, I felt a part of the narrative that is pushing Toronto to forefront of technology in North America. Thanks Moe and team :)
- An excellent place to learn product.- 11/28/2018Scott • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
No matter if you are an aspiring PM looking for your first job or an experienced one looking to improve your skills, Product Faculty is an excellent place to learn.
The beauty of what Moe provides is the combination of breadth and depth in learning about product concepts. You will cover high level product strategy and detailed problem discovery techniques. You will learn from Moe’s rich product experiences, your classmates, and from an extensive network of guest speakers. And, perhaps most importantly, you will explore your own product future through personal conversations with Moe.
Whether you have years of product experience or zero, I would highly recommend Product Faculty if you have any interest in product and how you can integrate product thinking into your own work.
- Comprehensive, Hands-on, and Tactical- 11/28/2018Michele • Product Manager • Student • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
Hands down, this is the best Product Management course in Toronto! It’s comprehensive, hands-on, and provides tactical advice on how to bring your career to the next level. Being a PM for 3 years, I was looking to advance my PM skill set and get some coaching on how to advance my career. After comparing all of the courses in Toronto, what stood out to me about this course was its advanced content, small class size and guest speakers. Moe’s sincere interest in making me successful made my decision even easier. Along with quality, curated content, Moe extends his wide network to his students by bringing in speakers each week.
The course begins more broadly with Product Strategy and later guides you through the essential frameworks needed to be successful in a PM role. This included how to conduct user interviews, journey mapping, OKRs and much more. After the first course, I was already applying the theories in my day to day and impressed senior leaders as a result.
Throughout the course, you’ll work through exercises that help hone your product and presentation skills. The use of examples and group work really makes the class conducive to learning. There’s also a lot of class discussion – the other students in the class had PM, Strategy and UX backgrounds, which made for really interesting discussion.
The guest speakers in the class were amazing. Product Leaders across Canada came in to speak about topics like monetization, product strategy, AI/ML and also opened the floor for questions. I don’t know any other product course that has this kind of access to top product leaders.
Lastly, the mentorship and job support Moe has provided me has been extremely valuable. I noticed a significant difference in my resume after Moe’s review. He also offers overall mentorship which has been extremely helpful.
I highly recommend this course for anyone looking to become a stronger PM or transition into a software PM role. More than happy to jump on a call with anyone considering the course.
- Best Product Course in Greater Toronto Area- 11/6/2018Austin • Associate Product Manager • Student • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
Without a doubt Product Faculty is the most comprehensive, valuable, and supportive product management course in the Toronto area. Having worked about a year at the junior product manager level, I was looking for a course that would build upon what I already knew and develop myself into a full-time product manager in the software industry. There are several other product courses in the area, but Moe’s personal style, network of amazing guest speakers, and depth of experience is what gives this course a fierce competitive advantage. With a small class size, Moe provided one-on-one mentorship including mock interviews, career path and specialization discussion, and tailored content.
The course covers all the content a future product manager in the software industry needs to know without wasting time on the basics. You get to hear from many distinguished product managers about their journey into the role, what they learned, and what they recommend for growing product managers and aspiring product managers. The small class size allows your specifics curiosities to be itched and questions to always be addressed.
I can personally attest to the success of the course as I advanced my career and found a new role a few months after completing the course. Product Faculty helped me to play my strengths in business and on the technical side, not only to land a role, but give me confidence that I will do a great and valued job. I highly recommend Product Faculty if you’re serious about Product Management.