Product Faculty offers a part-time 8-week course in product management in Toronto, Canada. The course covers both basic and advanced product management content including PM Foundations, product strategy, roadmaps, agile methods, business, data, and UX skills. Students will engage in one-on-one mentorship throughout and after the course from instructors with more than 8 years of product industry experience. In each class, students can also learn professional guest speakers from the tech industry product space.
Product Faculty envisions empowering product managers with the product ethos required to excel in tomorrow’s economy. Students will review the top Toronto tech start-ups and product cases, and receive resume critiques and mock interviews to help strategically translate past experience to a product. This guidance better helps students land a product management job.
As well as receiving catered lunch for every class; upon completion of the course, students earn an Advanced Product Management certificate.
Recent Product Faculty Reviews: Rating 4.97
Recent Product Faculty News
- Product Management
In PersonPart Time8 Hours/week7 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $2,950 Class size 20 Location TorontoThe course covers both basic and advanced product management content including PM Foundations, product strategy, roadmaps, agile methods, business, data, and UX skills.
Deposit $950 Tuition Plans Payment Plans Offered
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
Product Faculty Reviews
34 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- #wortheverypenny- 10/16/2019Maria Vilshanski • Product Manager • Student • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedInPrior to starting my career as a Product Manager, I worked in Talent Acquisition for 10 years.Before switching careers, I did the responsible thing. I did some free courses, and read all the “mandatory” books on Product Management.Three months into my Product Manager role, I was still confused about Product Management. I felt that I needed to know and learn more. I ended up reaching out to random PM's on Linkedin. More than one PM recommended Product Faculty.Upon researching the APM course at Product Faculty, I knew it was the right place for me. I loved that it offered an immersive experience.It was for 8 weeks, for 8 hours in class. I know this sounds intense, but this type of commitment speaks to the calibre of people, that are a part of this class. The people that make this community so special.The calibre of participants elevates groups discussions, in class activities, projects, educational material. I loved every minute of the "intense" days.The two other elements that are unique to PF are lunch time with your peers (outside of class) and the world class guest speakers.If you considering a course that does not have guest speakers, time commitment, go read some articles online.In Short, I loved this course, it provided me insights and knowledge beyond anything that I have hoped for.#wortheverypenny #noregards
- Great for new PMs looking to expand their skillset- 10/16/2019Ani Ganti • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
Amazing, comprehensive product management course, taught by one the best product leaders in Canada. It was gruelling and intensive 8 week course that forced me to flex my product muscles in ways I had never done before. Would highly recommend to new PMs looking to expand their skills.
- Best Product Management Course in Toronto- 10/14/2019Nikhil Suhaney • Digital Business Analyst • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
After finishing my MBA in 2009, I worked continuously for 11+ years. Thinking to upskill myself, I was browsing online for in-class Product Management courses in Toronto. When I was reviewing the Product Faculty (PF) website, unlike other courses offered from other institutes, I was able to view the course guidelines, details about the course, method of teaching and weekly guest leacture series from industry leaders. Due to the transparency in providing information to propective students, I decided to pursue PM course in Product Faculty. Even before final confirmation, Moe made an extra effort to discuss with me on why I am doing PM course and what is my motivation. After this brief discussion, Moe confirmed that I will be part of Summer 2019 Cohort-5.
Once the course started, everything was well structured and planned. What students will be learning each week supplemented by in-class group exercises, the curriculum was methodical in nature and at a good pace. The icing on the cake was the weekly leactures from the industry veterans and thought leaders who provided their own perspective on the Product Management. They shared their experiences and it was encouraging for students to know the industry-view on the PM subject. The industry leaders were mostly from established startups like TouchBistro, WealthSimple, League, TopHat, Wave Financial ets. Even Moe arranged a virtual session from PM thought leaders like Nir Eyal and Marty Keegan from Silicon Valley.
The final project was also carefully selected for every student groups. Every week, PF team made sure the student groups are aware of their next week tasks and kept regular checks to make sure the groups are following the deadlines. Even before the final presentation to a panel of experts, groups volunteered to get their presentations reviewed from PF team (Moe, Sikander & Weiting). The final presentations were more like a start-up pitch where groups were given only 5 mins to present their project to industry experts who also did Q&A with the students.
In the end, I would say that it was a good decision to join Product Faculty for learning Advanced Product Management course. The course was very pratical, hands-on and corporate style in nature with so many examples and learnings shared from experts, leaders and from future-PM students. Would like to thank Moe, Sikander & Weiting for providing students a great upskilling platform in Toronto. Best wishes.
- Simon Shao • Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
As I was switching roles into the product development and management role, I was looking for a Product Management course in Toronto to gear up my product management practical knowledge, and develop the network in the Product community. Here I found the Product Faculty and Moe.
Moe is an experienced Product Manager who always giving back to the product community. Product Faculty is one of his ways. He is easy to approach and always prioritize time for the product peers. In terms of instruction, he is able to explain the concept in the most understood way and illustrate the theory with lots of real-world business cases.
The course style is dynamic, as the students are also in the product management environment, they get the chance to share their real-world experience too. Throughout the course, he shares not only the product knowledge and skillsets but also the networks that he is proud of. This leads up to another highlight of the course: Moe invited some of the Product Leaders in North America to provide practical related topics.
As you invested your time and effort, and fee to a course, you gain more than just knowledge and skillsets, but the network, joy, and fulfilling.
- THE Product Course to Invest In- 5/16/2019Jeremy Seath • Director, Product • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
While transitioning into a product role at a fast-paced startup, I was eager to build my skillset and network quickly. I had consumed a ton of content online. But, after reviewing countless frameworks, processes, and case studies I was left feeling like everything was relevant, but little was helping me to solve real-world challenges I was facing.
When I first met with Moe before the course began, it was clear this was going to be exactly what I needed. And it was.
The content of the course isn't static. It's a living syllabus that is constantly being refined so that it's extremely relevant and well-vetted. Moe goes through great pain's to curate this content specifically for you. I sat with him many times to talk through very specific problems and discuss ways to apply product principles to my organization.
Classmates are eager to extract, and share their knowledge. I joined a cohort with a very diverse set of experiences that I happily keep in touch with today. Class dialogue was focused and I took nearly as much from that dialogue as I did from the lecture.
The network is strong. On joining the course, you're tapped into Moe's extensive and growing network of current and future product leaders. Guest speakers were strong and the alumni network continues to act as a source of information for me as a progress in my career.
All of this says none of the interest Moe has taken in supporting the career development of his students.
The Product Faculty is well worth the price of admission.
- Product Management at Product Faculty- 5/13/2019Jash Javeri • Product @ Scotiabank Digital • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
I was part of the Winter 2019 cohort and have to say I had a blast participating in Product Faculty’s course. Instead of focusing on simple product management lessons such as user story writing, scrum methodologies, the course focuses on more advanced topics. Their curriculum goes through several different sections that include strategical thinking, roadmaps, stakeholder management, technical concepts and much more. It takes product management fundamentals to the next level which is something I really enjoyed.
My favourite part of the entire course has to be the guest speakers. Moe who runs the program has a wide variety of contacts in the Toronto product community and he was able to bring in some awesome guests such as VP of Product at Wealthsimple and TouchBistro.
If you are looking for a course that goes beyond the fundamentals but are still taught at a reasonable pace, this course is for you!
- Best Advanced Product Management Course In TO For Enhancing Practical and Industry-centric Product Knowledge- 5/10/2019Dron Sharma • Product Manager • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedInI was looking for a PM course with great quality as the biggest priority. After taking a few mock classes and researching well about the various options available in Toronto, I chose Product Faculty. And today post graduating, I am surely very happy to have made this choice.The factors that genuinely set Product Faculty apart are as below:1. Course Content: Well researched, fully updated and in-depth covering not just the basics but also covering the advanced strategic areas of product management.2. Instructors: Although Moe, is definitely the lead instructor, but getting specialized instructors who are the best in their respective areas of work, brings top notch quality to the course. This definitely helps you to learn each area of PM holistically. Jaxson, Sam, Farah and Sikandar combined with Moe form a terrific team of instructors.3. Guest Lectures: How many years or events would it take to hear, learn and understand from 8 to 10 most noteworthy product leaders in Toronto? Product Faculty and Moe, do a fantastic job in getting some of the most renowned Product leaders in Toronto, to share their learning from live case studies and current trends. This is a huge gain for the students as they get exposure to so many different and unique untouched areas of PM. This really helped me develop an interesting perspective across varied tech industries and products.4. Unique Practical Exercise and Project-Based Approach: The classes are not all lectures and presentation, infact majority part consists of group exercises, collaborative solution oriented product tasks, road mapping, storyboarding - you name the area of PM and it is covered. To up the game, we even have to work on a live project and come up with real practical solutions, which is actually judged by a great panel of senior product leaders of Toronto. This ensures a tight and sincere work, which really sets a benchmark in quality learning form the project.5. Job Support - Last but certainly a very important cog in the wheel. Moe with Ayhan, work hard with you on getting the resume and interview preparation for the coveted PM roles.6. Cohort - The cohort is very carefully chosen by Moe, after a round of informational interaction, which ensures that the quality and the industry-mix in the cohort is of very high quality. This not only results in you getting a great network but also exceptional industry-wide understanding from fellow colleagues.Thus, the above 6 pointers, quantitatively and qualitatively, definitely set this course apart in Toronto. And I would happily recommend the course to anybody who may want to break into PM or may want to further his/her career into PM.
- Course: Product Management- 5/10/2019Della Dsouza • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
I was part of the Product Faculty (PF) Feb 2019 cohort. My intention behind joining PF was to learn and understand more about product management and break into a product management career. I had compared different product management courses in Toronto. I’m glad I decided to join Product Faculty. Things that are different about PF is that Moe personally teaches each of the classes, these classes are interactive, insightful peer discussions, and guest speakers from the industry. You have to work on a project as you move along in the course which gives you hands-on experience. There is also career support and mentorship. Moe is very prompt and helpful to answer any questions you have or guide you along the way.
There is a good mix of people who come from diverse backgrounds aspiring to be product managers as well as product managers early in their career. This unique class demographic allows you to learn from your fellow classmates as well. There are guest speakers every week, which I found very helpful. These speakers shared their experience in the product management field, we had speakers who are heads of product, VC, product marketing and data science experts. It gives you a very holistic view of what is needed to build or be part of a successful product team.
I would recommend Product Faculty to anyone trying to enhance their skillsets or even break into the product management career. Moe does a good job of giving you the tools to be successful in product management. I am glad to have the opportunity to work with talented people which has only enriched my experience and learning.
- Getting you ready for the world of Product- 5/9/2019Umer Farooq • Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
As a product manager working in the field, I was looking for a program that can enhance my knowledge and teach me the frameworks and practices of Product Management. I am glad that I choose Product Faculty, as it turned out to be a very fulfilling experience.
We were taught by a mentor (Moe) who has extensive professional and academic knowledge of the field. His method of teaching involved a mix of theory and hands-on exercises, this made the classes highly engaging. There were insightful peer discussions which were followed by a guest speaker from the industry; these speakers brought their unique skill-set and experience. I thoroughly enjoyed Jaxson Khan session which was a boot camp on Product marketing and Sam’s on UX for Product.
Probably the best part of the program was the exercise of launching a major feature for a well-known product. The knowledge that we acquired in our sessions got applied in a practical way into the practices of Product Management. From research to ideation to prototype, this exercise really helped in understanding the process and frameworks required in any feature or product launch.
The program has a great support structure. Moe is always available to provide guidance and mentorship on a personal basis. The job mentorship support and interview preparation we received from Ayhan has placed us well to make our next career move in this exciting field.
- An Amazing Course For Product Managers- 5/7/2019Allen Liu • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
After several online courses, I finally decided to start to take an actual product management course to get some hands-on experience and explore more. When I was looking for a product management course, I wasn't only looking for fundamental knowledge but also looking for some advanced PM skills education. Moreover, as an individual who's currently looking to transit to a product manager role, job assistance is a huge plus. Product faculty fits all my requests, and the skills I learned and the support I got was beyond my expectation.
Moe is always willing to share and communicate with his students. The course taught by him covers from the most basic to advanced knowledge and skills you need as a product manager. The course is appropriately set and designed so the students can learn from multiple sides of the business. A product manager will need to work with various teams within the company. Learning this course will help you speak their languages and manage the relationships better. Plus, the class size is appropriate to let Moe have enough time to help each student individually.
Each week, the course will have a guest speaker. Usually, a senior level product management personnel, to speak about what is it like to be a product manager in their industry and how do they solve problems daily. Learning from them is important because each industry faces different challenges and the skills they require is not necessarily the same.
If you are currently not a product manager, this course offers an enhanced experience on how to land a product manager role. Moe and the team (usually Ayhan) will have meetings and phone calls with the students. Teach them how to hunt for a position that fits their profile the best. They also cover everything from resume editing to job interview skills to make sure you are ready when there's a chance.
In all, Moe and the team did a fantastic job to make sure the course is valuable and can help the students. I enjoyed and learned a lot from this course.
- Hussam Zaghal • Growth at Lake Finance • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
If you're an aspiring PM, I would highly recommend you look into this course. Moe has done an excellent job building a bootcamp 'experience'. Product Faculty is not a class you take every Saturday, it's a training ground where you can grow your PM skills, build relationships, learn directly from Product Leaders in TO and get a micro-to-macro view of Product Management.
I was part of the Feb - Apr 2019 cohort, one of the largest cohorts to date. Despite the size of the class, Moe still found a way to connect with each student individually and help them with their goals. For me personally, he made several introductions to people in his network, forwarded online resources my way, and set aside several hours during work weeks to recap a class with me that I missed on the weekend.
Moe lives and breathes Product. His classes were really informative, and the group activities + project allowed me to actually take some of my learnings and apply them through actual PM practice. The weekly guest speakers were a huge value-add. Having the chance to learn how Product Leaders operate and execute, and how much that varies across the board, was really insightful.
If you're on the hunt for a PM job before, during, or after the course Moe and Ayhan offer a lot of support. They'll help you refine your resume, send you job postings, and if there's a fit, will make introductions where needed.
Last, but not least, the colleagues and relationships I built while at the course were great. Moe really does a good job of filtering through applicants and making sure he's bringing on the right people.
Excellent course! I'm gonna miss Product Faculty!
- You can trust yourself to be in safe hands when one of the best Product minds in the city is trying his best to help you succeed!- 4/28/2019Harman Arneja • MBA student at Schulich School of Business • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
What I really liked about Moe's course was that in adition to his mind, he has put in a lot of heart to ensure that he creates an enriching experience for students. He is constantly innovating and keeps his eyes open for minutest of growth avenues to enhance learning opportunities for students.
Although I'm yet to start my own job search (I've just completed my first year of MBA and still have another year left :( ), I can definitely say that Moe's course has equipped me with a foundational PM knowledge and has helped me build a stronger network in the community. More importantly, however, it has also given me the confidence to discuss PM at length with experienced professionals and express my own opinions on what makes a good product!
- Best PM Course in Toronto- 3/12/2019Alice Wang • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via GitHub
I initially was going to take Brain Station's PM class since I had a scholarship there. What really convinced me to go to Product Faculty is their competitive analysis on the website and Moe's work ethics. The competitive analysis really shows PF knows their strengths compared to other PM courses in the city and aims to be the best one. And Moe's was replying to my message even on Canada Day during a BBQ!
Unlike some other PM courses which are just a brief intro to PM, PF's contents are in-depth and cover all areas of knowledge a PM will possibly need in her career. The in-class activities and final presentations provide really good hands-on experience. The part I personally like the most is the guest speaker. They are all product leaders coming from the best tech companies in the city and Moe has a really good relationship with each one of them to be able to invite them to give a talk on weekends. This gives students really practical advice from industry experts and helps them expand network if they want to switch jobs etc.
I thoroughly enjoyed the course and do think it is the best PM course in the city(P.S. really miss the catered lunch. Super healthy and delicious!). I also really respect Moe not only as my product mentor but also as an educator who is dedicated to educating the next generation of PMs in Toronto as well as an entrepreneur who is not scared of fierce competition from existing dominant players.
- Excellent resource to develop Product career- 12/7/2018Akhil M • Student • Student • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
As a student with virtually no product related experience, Product Faculty was an excellent resource to get my foot in the door.
The classroom environment encouraged discussions and in-depth conversation around a wide range of Product related topics. Moe’s extensive product knowledge, along with a variety of guest speakers, enhanced the experience and provided useful insights from industry veterans.
Most useful to me was the 'out of class' experience, in which the instructors took time to reach out for assistance and personalize the journey. Moe and I conversed on a regular basis regarding my own career path and projects to undergo in order to best prepare me for a career in Product.
Given that this course was an Advanced Product Management course, the discussions were detailed and in some ways too advanced for a student with no actual experience. Moe was definitely understanding of that and provided resources to stay on top of the material.
Whether looking to further advance your career in Product, or move into Product for the first time, I recommend Product Faculty as your next step.
- Advance Product Management- 12/5/2018Saurabh • Digital Product Owner • Graduate • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
I graduated with 3rd cohort of Product Faculty. As I was doing research on various programs in Toronto for Product Management sometime during the mid of 2018, I came across this very targeted advanced course which is offered right in the heart of downtown Toronto. The course ran for 8 straight weekends and at the end of it I believe I learned more than what I expected in the beginning. I was little apprehensive in the beginning because as an experienced profession I was looking for an exclusive program which prepares me for next 5-8 years in the industry. Moe as you would find yourself is a veteran in the discipline of Product Management and has far more than few big names in the industry to validate his credentials. And this works at all the level for a student like me because he is able to pinpoint exact challenges a Product Manager (aspiring & experienced) faces in this fast moving industry. Advance Product Management by Product Faculty is designed in such a way that it captures the imagination of inquisitive candidates and delivers on its claims with ruthless precision. There is another big part of the course which I found personally really fascinating and i.e. the plethora of amazing guest lecturers from Toronto’s tech community. These lectures seamlessly integrate with topic of the day and this helps students to make a logical connection to what was taught in the class to real world applications. Lectures of this quality always ended up sparking a quality discussion amongst the student & which in turn would move you close to Toronto’s tech community. All the student work on live project and present on their last day in from of a panel drawn from the industry. This is an important clog of the program, as it makes you analyze your own strength and weaknesses, thanks to Product Faculty’s crew (Moe and Sikander) who are able to facilitate and provide such a controlled environment with all the ingredients of real world applications. On the personal front, I felt a part of the narrative that is pushing Toronto to forefront of technology in North America. Thanks Moe and team :)
- An excellent place to learn product.- 11/29/2018Scott • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
No matter if you are an aspiring PM looking for your first job or an experienced one looking to improve your skills, Product Faculty is an excellent place to learn.
The beauty of what Moe provides is the combination of breadth and depth in learning about product concepts. You will cover high level product strategy and detailed problem discovery techniques. You will learn from Moe’s rich product experiences, your classmates, and from an extensive network of guest speakers. And, perhaps most importantly, you will explore your own product future through personal conversations with Moe.
Whether you have years of product experience or zero, I would highly recommend Product Faculty if you have any interest in product and how you can integrate product thinking into your own work.
- Comprehensive, Hands-on, and Tactical- 11/28/2018Michele • Product Manager • Student • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
Hands down, this is the best Product Management course in Toronto! It’s comprehensive, hands-on, and provides tactical advice on how to bring your career to the next level. Being a PM for 3 years, I was looking to advance my PM skill set and get some coaching on how to advance my career. After comparing all of the courses in Toronto, what stood out to me about this course was its advanced content, small class size and guest speakers. Moe’s sincere interest in making me successful made my decision even easier. Along with quality, curated content, Moe extends his wide network to his students by bringing in speakers each week.
The course begins more broadly with Product Strategy and later guides you through the essential frameworks needed to be successful in a PM role. This included how to conduct user interviews, journey mapping, OKRs and much more. After the first course, I was already applying the theories in my day to day and impressed senior leaders as a result.
Throughout the course, you’ll work through exercises that help hone your product and presentation skills. The use of examples and group work really makes the class conducive to learning. There’s also a lot of class discussion – the other students in the class had PM, Strategy and UX backgrounds, which made for really interesting discussion.
The guest speakers in the class were amazing. Product Leaders across Canada came in to speak about topics like monetization, product strategy, AI/ML and also opened the floor for questions. I don’t know any other product course that has this kind of access to top product leaders.
Lastly, the mentorship and job support Moe has provided me has been extremely valuable. I noticed a significant difference in my resume after Moe’s review. He also offers overall mentorship which has been extremely helpful.
I highly recommend this course for anyone looking to become a stronger PM or transition into a software PM role. More than happy to jump on a call with anyone considering the course.
- Best Product Course in Greater Toronto Area- 11/6/2018Austin • Associate Product Manager • Student • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
Without a doubt Product Faculty is the most comprehensive, valuable, and supportive product management course in the Toronto area. Having worked about a year at the junior product manager level, I was looking for a course that would build upon what I already knew and develop myself into a full-time product manager in the software industry. There are several other product courses in the area, but Moe’s personal style, network of amazing guest speakers, and depth of experience is what gives this course a fierce competitive advantage. With a small class size, Moe provided one-on-one mentorship including mock interviews, career path and specialization discussion, and tailored content.
The course covers all the content a future product manager in the software industry needs to know without wasting time on the basics. You get to hear from many distinguished product managers about their journey into the role, what they learned, and what they recommend for growing product managers and aspiring product managers. The small class size allows your specifics curiosities to be itched and questions to always be addressed.
I can personally attest to the success of the course as I advanced my career and found a new role a few months after completing the course. Product Faculty helped me to play my strengths in business and on the technical side, not only to land a role, but give me confidence that I will do a great and valued job. I highly recommend Product Faculty if you’re serious about Product Management.
I took the 8 week Product Management MasterClass to not only advance my PM skill-set, but also to get some coaching on how to address some of the challenges I was facing in my start-up.
As I was searching for a program, I did not find any course in Toronto that met all of my requirements -- this PM course was challenging and offered 1:1 mentorship; an advanced PM Certification; had a class project that allowed us to apply the learnings, ability to make up missed classes and had a ton of guest speakers come in from leading startups and tech companies around the world.
This course was not easy, it was challenging and I learned a lot. The quality of the content was high and practical. I found Moe to be very accessible and approachable and I was able to get specific examples on class material and challenges I faced in my startup.
Overall I had a great experience and I met a lot of awesome people. I’d highly recommend it to anyone looking to grow their PM skill-set and become part of a motivated Alumni of Product Managers who want to share knowledge and learn from each other.
- Product Manager/Founder- 9/5/2018Jaz Huang • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
I took the 8 week Product Management course at Product Faculty and have very positive feedback for anyone looking to take the course. I will be happy to speak to anyone who's on the cusp of making this decision whether to go with Product Faculty as I looked at all the schools and what they offered in detail before picking Product Faculty.
What set Product Faculty apart is having a dedicated full-time instructor with an incredible Network, the advanced & engaging content and the community feel. In one cohort we heard from local Guest speakers who were all experienced professionals in their own fields and work for some of the best companies in Toronto & world wide such as Shopify, FreshBooks, Loblaw Digital, Google, etc. The speakers were approachable and thorough with their knowledge. They took the time to answer questions in class and we had the flexibility to reach out to them later with over LinkedIn.
The other major thing that sets Product Faculty apart was his Curriculum. Moe designed the course to satisfy all levels of experience; whether you’re just starting out or already have a PM role. The curriculum covered everything from Strategy Development, Stakeholder Management, choosing metrics that matter in PM to advanced topics where he covered, in-depth API strategy, value delivery and how to monetize business models.
I found myself connecting Moe’s curriculum to the knowledge I possessed from being . a founder. In every class, I had moments where I was able to connect processes that I had learnt on my own to what Moe was teaching in class.
Thanks to the group assignments held in every class, and the final project we did where we went through the entire life-cycle of Product Management I walked away feeling that I possessed the cutting edge knowledge needed to perform at my best.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone considering it and I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has.
- Intense course with a ton of Mentorship- 9/3/2018Aseemjyot Singh • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
From our very first interactions Moe helped me develop a clear and actionable plan for entering the world of product management. He was insightful, clear and focussed on helping me understand the tools and strategies needed to build a path towards a career in Product management. Having worked in the industry myself, I was looking for mentorship and a network that would not just end with the program. While my MBA in entrepreneurship set me up for success in the business world, Moe’s program added the much needed rocket boosters to enter product management.
Within the classroom, the industry experts who visited and shared their insights were readily available for conversations after their talks. The best part within the class was also the class size. With the size limited to 10 students per batch, the students (we) received very focussed attention from Moe and industry experts.
I would highly recommend this course to those who are looking to make a switch to product management. Product management is a highly competitive field, finding the right set of peers and mentors can be crucial for one’s success.
- Goes beyond typical ‘Product 101’ classes- 8/8/2018Colin B. • Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedInThis wasn't my first time taking a product course, and to me, the things that stood out about Moe's class were the small group focus, the depth of the course content, and the personal career mentorship that he provided.The small class size fosters participation and peer learning instead of straight lecturing. Plus I got to know the PMs in my cohort pretty well, and we now have a lasting network (and slack channel!) to support each other.While other product schools offer a curriculum designed for broad appeal to non-PMs and aspiring PMs, I appreciated that Moe's course is designed for dedicated PMs and explores key topics at a more advanced level.For me, the real cherry on top was that learning from Moe wasn't confined to the classroom one day per week. He puts a lot of effort into individual mentorship outside the classroom too, and we have even kept in touch after the classes ended!Moe took a real interest in helping me advance my career as a PM, which included making some valuable introductions to people in the Toronto product community. I'm happy to have taken his course, but even happier to count him as a mentor.
- Landed a new PM Job after the course- 8/6/2018Kaiser Chan • Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
Being a new product manager is not easy - essentially you are no different than a scientist, 99% of the time you venture into uncharted land via the numerous tests and experiments that you run, trying to find the right insight that points to the right direction in your quest of finding product-market fit. By nature, the PM craft is highly variant - there is no one set-in-stone answer and all one can do is to continuously test and iterate product hypothesis, while learn and experience thru trials and errors.
Just imagine the confusion and the frustration that comes with it, and that's why I believe having an experienced mentor is important for any new product manager. For this reason, I am extremely glad and thankful that I attended Product Faculty's inaugural cohort and met Moe, my mentor and coach in the discipline of product management.
Product Faculty's class are small by design - every cohort allows only 10 students maximum - and because of this, it allows and encourages all students to engage into intelligent discussions on product concepts every class. Moe would use numbers of examples - ranging from the mega unicorns to small local startups - to illustrate and simplify complicated concepts, and students would get to apply their learnings in real life projects. Whether its a class exercise or a final project that puts everything together, there is simply no shortage of practice opportunities which I think is critical to master the product management craft. Lastly, each class would also feature guest speakers (i.e. product managers from notable companies, founders, tech recruiters etc.) who would share their insights on various topics related to the tech industries. These opportunities are hard to come by, but only made possible thanks to Moe's carefully crafted syllabus, dedication to his students' success, as well as his connections.
Today I enjoy a fulfilling and successful career in product management (and recently landed a new role) thanks to Product Faculty's teachings, and I am proud to be able to call Moe my mentor and my friend.
- Best Investment I've made- 8/4/2018James Hsu • Associate Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
In joining product faculty, my goal was to learn the theories of product management together with acquiring the practical skills required to become a successful product manager. Being part of the cohort is like drinking through a fire hose. This isn’t an introductory product course, the course goes over the basics but also goes over more advanced topics like Data Science for PMs, and Product Marketing for PMs led by leaders in their field. Best of all, there are a lot of class activities and examples that illustrate the concepts being taught in the real world.
The projects and weekly graded assignments also helped to consolidate my learning of the different theoretical concepts associated with product management.
Moe is a very experienced and enthusiastic instructor with a diverse network, which is helpful to assist students in their career development. He communicates his ideas very clearly and delivers the course material in an organized and interactive manner, making each class easy to follow and enjoyable. Not only is Moe a great professor, he is also a mentor to me. He spent great deal of time and effort in supporting my personal development, helping with mock interviews, resume critiques and helping to plan out my product career.
The guest speakers were another highlight of this 8-week course. The background of the guest speakers ranged from small start-up companies to large established companies. Having access to, and being able to ask questions to these guest speakers significantly helped with solidifying product concepts.
In short, if you are looking to improve your skills as a PM, accelerate your career or move into product, this course is a no brainer.
- Great Perspectives and Content- 11/11/2019James S • Product Manager • Student • Course: Product Management • Campus: Toronto
This is a great course if you are at any stage of your product journey. You will experience insight from a plethora of insightful and respected members of the product community. The course touches on many aspects of the product lifecycle. Highly advise anyone looking to improve their product knowledge to join product faculty!