interaction-design-foundation-logo

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation’s UX bootcamps are part-time, fully online programs with a focus on job-readiness. Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) is an independent non-profit initiative with a mission to make design education affordable and accessible. Every bootcamp is designed to help students develop practical skills and a portfolio through Capstone project work.

IxDF bootcamps are mentor-led. Mentors in the Interaction Design Foundation bootcamps are experienced UX design professionals with 5-15 years of experience. Beginner-level bootcamps in UX Fundamentals, User Research and Design Thinking include a dedicated mentor as well as live classes with an instructor and group critiques with peers. The UX Portfolio and Career bootcamp includes a dedicated mentor, peer reviews and consultations with design recruiters.

Students are also given a one-year Interaction Design Foundation membership, which includes Interaction Design Foundation courses, which are available to those who wish to supplement or expand on their knowledge from bootcamp.

All bootcamps include a verifiable certificate of completion. Students who complete at least 3 beginner-level bootcamps are also eligible for an IxDF UX Certification with a Job Guarantee.

Recent Interaction Design Foundation Reviews: Rating 4.63

all (59) reviews for Interaction Design Foundation →

Recent Interaction Design Foundation News

• Design Thinking Bootcamp

Product Management, Mobile, Growth Hacking, Design, User Experience Design
      Start Date August 30, 2021
      Co-create, innovate and develop human-centered solutions for complex problems through powerful design thinking methods. Learn proven, industry-relevant methods through real-world projects, with the help of expert guidance from mentors and instructors. Ideal for people from any background, at any level of experience. You don’t need prior design knowledge or skills. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in design thinking methods, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee.
      Minimum Skill LevelYou don’t need prior design knowledge or skills. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in design thinking methods, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
    • User Experience (UX) Fundamentals Bootcamp

Virtualization, User Experience Design, Design
      Start Date August 30, 2021
      A beginner-level bootcamp that can give you the perfect mix of expert guidance + real-world projects to fast-track your learning. Ideal for anyone who wishes to begin their career in UX Design, and would like to explore what UX is all about. This Bootcamp will give you a rock-solid foundation in UX theory and practice. When you graduate, you won’t be ready to apply to jobs just yet, but you'll be well on your way in the first step to changing your career to UX Design. As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at a price that's 80% lower than the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available.
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelYou don’t need any prior design skills, experience or education in design in order to take the UX Fundamentals bootcamp. This bootcamp will teach you essential skills and concepts that will help you to continue learning UX. You'll learn UX by doing UX.
    • User Research Bootcamp

Start Date August 30, 2021
      UX without user research is a recipe for bad UX. Great design is rooted in user insights. Develop in-demand skills to become a User Researcher in this bootcamp. Learn through real-world research projects and activities, guided at every stage by mentors and instructors. The bootcamp is ideal for people from any background or level of experience. Prior design knowledge or skills are not required because you will learn user research by actually doing user research. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in UX or user research, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelThe bootcamp is ideal for people from any background or level of experience. Prior design knowledge or skills are not required because you will learn user research by actually doing user research. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior
    • UX Portfolio and Career Bootcamp

An exciting opportunity to create and hone your personal portfolio site and get ready for a new job in UX. You’ll be paired with a mentor who suits your personality, knowledge and experience to ensure you receive the most valuable feedback and advice. What’s more, you’ll work on unique projects relevant to your industry and career interests, get support with your job applications and have a call with a design recruiter! As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at barely 10% of the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available.
      Refund / Guarantee14-day money back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelPrior knowledge of UX design is advised. The bootcamp is fully practical and does not include any theory components. If you have prior experience or knowledge in UX, then you can benefit from the practical, career-oriented focus of the bootcamp.
      Prep WorkOnce enrolled, you'll go through a comprehensive onboarding process to help us shortlist the best mentors for your unique needs and goals.
    • Seth Darnall • Multi-Media Designer • Student
      I used Interaction Design Foundation's UX Bootcamp to help get me the portfolio needed to land a good design job. It is an accelerated course that skips a curriculum in favor of one-on-one time with a mentor. I would not recommend going into the program with no UX knowledge or experience. I had taken a few IDF UX courses before hand and watched countless YouTube videos in order to get me to a point that I felt comfortable jumping head first into UX Design. Be diligent in choosing your mentor. Research them, look at their portfolios. it is imperative to find a mentor that will challenge you. You can have IDF send you as many options as you like until you find the right match. If you come to the bootcamp prepared, have an understanding of Design Theory, choose the right mentor,  and put in the hard work, your experience will be great. My UX portfolio did help me land a job and I am very grateful for the experience.
    • Andy C • Student
       Firstly, hats off to the amazing team at IDF for putting together such an outstanding programme. I've done my fair share of courses over the last year and I can honestly say that none of them come close to what I got out of this course.

The mentorship aspect of this bootcamp was by far the highlight, and I could not have asked for a better mentor. He went above and beyond, offering incredible insights, feedback and collaboration.

I can’t speak to how well this course will teach you the fundamentals of UX, as I came in with some previous experience, but if you’re looking for some industry guidance and some help getting your portfolio ready then I think you will get so much out of these 8 weeks!
    • Mo Mansour • UI / UX Designer • Graduate
      Highly recommend the Bootcamp, and the IDF courses in general. The mentorship was amazing, very helpful and resourceful, although I suggest getting yourself familiarized about some basic foundational concepts before starting to get you ahead and make it easier to focus on your Bootcamp projects. The guiding materials and briefs provided are very useful as well.
    • Zijun
      I had a great time learning about UX/UI design at Interaction Design Foundation.
      I got a fantastic tutor who helped me enhancing my sense of design as well as offered me generous mentoring on my UX/UI knowledge and portfolio.
      I also love the diverse range of courses. They even have AR/VR design!
      The stuff member is very responsive and helpful about my questions as well.
      Above all, I would suggest this program!
    • Bootcamp Review
      - 1/25/2021
      Kelly • Associate UX Designer • Student
      Just 6 months ago, I did not have an idea that UX Design even existed and now it is what keeps me going in my career and even in my personal life. Once I was ready to learn and pursue this field, I collected as much "free" resources online. However, it was difficult to structure my learnings and there were just too many information out there that I thought might even confuse and slow me down from getting to my goal which is to establish my career as a UX Designer. I found bootcamps to be kickstarter. Among all bootcamps I compared online, I liked that IDF had its own very interactive community plus very helpful course materials. I'm glad I did not have big of a budget to spend for a bootcamp otherwise I would have spent more than 5x of the price I paid for something similar or even of less long term value! I guess one thing that can be improved is the management of the mentor's load of mentees. I just felt like that sometimes I needed more feedback than I was getting because my mentor was in a hurry for the next sessions. Other than that, he really helped me in so many ways including boosting my confidence and be able to share my work with others. 3 months later, I got hired by a fintech company using the same portfolio I created from the Bootcamp.  I am still on my membership, enjoying the perks of learning with other new and existing UX Designers around the world. Cheers IDF, well done.
    • Paige W. • Student
      My instructor Anthony was very patient with my work style and provided great feedback to push me outside my comfort zone to produce the best portfolio pieces I could. I would strongly recommend this experience to anyone who is looking to grow within the design field.
    • UX Bootcamp
      - 1/24/2021
      Jacqueline • Chavez
      I Really recommend the UX Bootcamp and the IDF.
      first, IDF gives good material that makes easier to understand all the process for UX and UI framework, I had worked in projects before, I had issues to present my work, lack of strategy to undertake them. Thank this UX Bootcamp now I can undertake a project with confidence, This UX Bootcamp allows you to choose between improve your current portfolio or make new projects from scratch. In my case, I chose both, and I got feedback from Julia DeBari my coach who really analyzed my Portfolio and she gave me key feedback that helped me to raise the bar. It was a lot of work, like facing my own process. It is worth taking this UX Bootcamp, my Current online portfolio is really working. I did several interviews in the last months of 2020 and finally, In January, get a new job that really likes me.
    • Anna S • UX/UI Design Intern • Graduate
      The boot camp provided me with a very knowledgeable, communicable, and fun mentor UX Senior consultant Julie who helped me understand UX design from research to designing in Figma. Her expertise helped me grow from basically 0 to knowing enough to get my foot in the door in the UX field. She helped me grow daily and responded to my emails with inquiries promptly, which helped me move and educate myself quickly. The mentor is incredible and I thank her for helping me learn so much in a two month span. The only thing I could ask for improvement is better help with job navigation- Julie helped with as much as she could from her side but I think IDF could improve in hosting either resume review workshops, or guidance with applying- because that was the most difficult issue I faced after graduating. I’m currently working as a UX/UI intern and am hoping to grow into a position in a few months time, I just need more hands on experience working. Otherwise, I would definetely recommend IDF for the incredibly knowledgeable professionals in the UX field that you can undeniably learn ALOT.
    • UX Design Bootcamp
      - 12/13/2020
      Peter FitzGerald • Graduate
      I did quite a bit of research on UX bootcamps prior to taking this course. This was by far the most affordable option coming in at around $1100. Although price is a factor, this was not the primary reason why I took this course. I found the choice of mentors to be excellent and the online curriculum to be solid. Being an experienced visual designer, I wanted to focus on the principles of UX design in order to build some case studies for my portfolio. This bootcamp allowed me to do that on my own time. That said, you have to be self-motivated to take full advantage of this program and take note that the online courses do not align with the bootcamp in any specific order. If you are new to UX Design, I'd suggest taking a few of the IDF's courses prior to doing the bootcamp.
    • Paige W. • UX/UI Designer • Student
    • Bootcamp Review
      - 11/4/2020
      Abhishek • Graduate
      I recently completed the Get A UX Job Bootcamp through the Interaction Design Foundation as part of my transition into UX design. Through the Bootcamp, I was paired with an amazing mentor who went above and beyond to help me create my portfolio website, including an in-depth project I could showcase. I had a great experience overall and would recommend this to others looking to become UX designers.
    • UX Bootcamp
      - 11/4/2020
      Zijun • Graduate
      I have learned so much in Interaction Design Foundation's courses and it helped me turn into a UX designer. Now after two months' graduation I have already started designing website for a startup. I am also very grateful for my mentor Anthony as he helped me so much on my journey becoming a UX designer. He is always generous with his time and share with me lots of helpful resources. Overall, I really enjoyed this bootcamp and highly recommended it!