interaction-design-foundation-logo

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation’s UX bootcamps are part-time, fully online programs with a focus on job-readiness. Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) is an independent non-profit initiative with a mission to make design education affordable and accessible. Every bootcamp is designed to help students develop practical skills and a portfolio through Capstone project work.

IxDF bootcamps are mentor-led. Mentors in the Interaction Design Foundation bootcamps are experienced UX design professionals with 5-15 years of experience. Beginner-level bootcamps in UX Fundamentals, User Research and Design Thinking include a dedicated mentor as well as live classes with an instructor and group critiques with peers. The UX Portfolio and Career bootcamp includes a dedicated mentor, peer reviews and consultations with design recruiters.

Students are also given a one-year Interaction Design Foundation membership, which includes Interaction Design Foundation courses, which are available to those who wish to supplement or expand on their knowledge from bootcamp.

All bootcamps include a verifiable certificate of completion. Students who complete at least 3 beginner-level bootcamps are also eligible for an IxDF UX Certification with a Job Guarantee.

Recent Interaction Design Foundation Reviews: Rating 4.63

all (59) reviews for Interaction Design Foundation →

Recent Interaction Design Foundation News

• Design Thinking Bootcamp

Product Management, Mobile, Growth Hacking, Design, User Experience Design
      Start Date August 30, 2021
      Co-create, innovate and develop human-centered solutions for complex problems through powerful design thinking methods. Learn proven, industry-relevant methods through real-world projects, with the help of expert guidance from mentors and instructors. Ideal for people from any background, at any level of experience. You don’t need prior design knowledge or skills. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in design thinking methods, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee.
      Minimum Skill LevelYou don’t need prior design knowledge or skills. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in design thinking methods, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
    • User Experience (UX) Fundamentals Bootcamp

Virtualization, User Experience Design, Design
      Start Date August 30, 2021
      A beginner-level bootcamp that can give you the perfect mix of expert guidance + real-world projects to fast-track your learning. Ideal for anyone who wishes to begin their career in UX Design, and would like to explore what UX is all about. This Bootcamp will give you a rock-solid foundation in UX theory and practice. When you graduate, you won’t be ready to apply to jobs just yet, but you'll be well on your way in the first step to changing your career to UX Design. As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at a price that's 80% lower than the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available.
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelYou don’t need any prior design skills, experience or education in design in order to take the UX Fundamentals bootcamp. This bootcamp will teach you essential skills and concepts that will help you to continue learning UX. You'll learn UX by doing UX.
    • User Research Bootcamp

Start Date August 30, 2021
      UX without user research is a recipe for bad UX. Great design is rooted in user insights. Develop in-demand skills to become a User Researcher in this bootcamp. Learn through real-world research projects and activities, guided at every stage by mentors and instructors. The bootcamp is ideal for people from any background or level of experience. Prior design knowledge or skills are not required because you will learn user research by actually doing user research. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in UX or user research, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelThe bootcamp is ideal for people from any background or level of experience. Prior design knowledge or skills are not required because you will learn user research by actually doing user research. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior
    • UX Portfolio and Career Bootcamp

An exciting opportunity to create and hone your personal portfolio site and get ready for a new job in UX. You’ll be paired with a mentor who suits your personality, knowledge and experience to ensure you receive the most valuable feedback and advice. What’s more, you’ll work on unique projects relevant to your industry and career interests, get support with your job applications and have a call with a design recruiter! As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at barely 10% of the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available.
      Refund / Guarantee14-day money back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelPrior knowledge of UX design is advised. The bootcamp is fully practical and does not include any theory components. If you have prior experience or knowledge in UX, then you can benefit from the practical, career-oriented focus of the bootcamp.
      Prep WorkOnce enrolled, you'll go through a comprehensive onboarding process to help us shortlist the best mentors for your unique needs and goals.
    • George Nischal • Student
       I think for me the best part was working with my mentor Bruno Saez Lopez. The bootcamp gives you some good resources to build your portfolio. They email you weekly with reminders. Its a good experience
    • Bright • Graduate
      I loved the bootcamp and I do not regret anything about it. My goal was to learn how I can apply UX knowledge in practice and on industry standard and I will say yes I actually achieved that. The resources given to me by IDF was really REALLY good and was really helpful and the great thing about it is, you get to keep them even after graduating. My instructor was really helpful and he really was there for me anytime I needed him and took me through step by step process in the building process and did so patiently. I have grown confident since I started this process.
    • Great Bootcamp
      - 5/6/2021
      Tim Hager • Graduate
      The bootcamp was great and I would definitely recommend it. The combination of being able to learn on your own, try things in real projects and then get feedback from a mentor regularly is great for learning both on a theoretical level as well as practically, all while getting ready for a job in UX!
    • Libby Tawes • Student
      I absolutely loved my experience with the Interaction Design Foundation during the Get a New Job in UX Design Bootcamp! I had a very specific goal going in of making a portfolio site based on past projects I'd never developed case studies for and was able to get one-on-one guidance and advice on doing so. After a bit of a rocky start with an advisor I didn't work well with, I reached out and the support team was super responsive and switched me to a mentor who was perfect. He was very supportive of my goals for the program and has been a tremendous advisor as I get career ready.
    • UX Bootcamp
      - 4/14/2021
      Erin
      This was a great bootcamp. I had a beginner knowledge base and was looking to do a more in depth project with the help of a mentor and this did exactly that!
    • Andrei • UX designer • Student
      Get A UX Job Bootcamp team is a bootcamp done by Interaction design Foundation (which is a place I can highly recommend for studying UX.)
      I think this boot camp is very good for UX beginners and they give you lots of guidance and support but if you are already more advanced you need real projects, which are rather hard to start on this kind of boot camp (that was my case) Still I could have more detailed talks with  my mentor regarding my current materials (portfolio, CV ) and learn how to better write case studies. The downside is that I do not really have new content (ex case study) on my portfolio after this course, but overall my materials improved. So go for it if you are beginner, think twice if you are more advanced.
    • UX bootcamp
      - 3/16/2021
      Areli • UX/Digital designer • Student
      I’m a graphic designer, I wanted to specialize in UX for a long time ago till finally this year. After pandemia, I saw a big opportunity in the digital world and I said, this is the moment! I started really excited! 😬💃🏽 During the Bootcamp I got a little lost because sometimes my mentor was not as present as I thought she will be. Sometimes her wifi didn't work so we couldn't conclude any of our meetings. I was so concentrated on the course that I tried to don't pay attention to that.
    • Bootcamp
      - 2/4/2021
      Jon • UX Design Apprentice • Student
      Platform and courses are exceptional. Bootcamp is more ideal for those ready to apply for jobs but could use direct assistance creating and refining portfolio. Membership to IxDF is well worth the cost in exchange for access to the massive volume and quality material available on IxDF platform.
    • Valentyna Shlonchak • Product Designer • Graduate
      I have had a very positive experience as an IxDF student.
      Mentor: I was delighted with the option to choose a mentor that matched my aspirations and career goals. Anina Lambrechts, as my mentor, really inspired me and helped build confidence as a UX professional. We had weekly calls for the duration of the course, portfolio review, and job preparation interview.
      Course structure: Tailored to student's needs. One can choose from structured projects or may work on a personal real-life UX project.
      Student Perks: A lot of curated resources to learn from as well as discounts for relevant programs and tools, together with a special offer for website hosting and domain name.
      On the course completion, the student gets an industry-recognized Certificate!
      Call with a Recruiter: And a special thank you to Brian Young from the creative recruitment firm Creative Circle for support and valuable feedback on the portfolio, interview preparation, and really anything that relates to getting into that 'magic door of your dream role"!
      And, another special thank you to Alec & Student Support IDF Bootcamp Team, that helped me to navigate the course with ease, efficiently replied to all queries, and made sure that I get the best experience possible!

Thank you, IDF Team. You are wonderful and making such a positive difference!
    • UX Bootcamp
      - 1/28/2021
      Amber • Student
      This bootcamp was great. I learned a ton and loved having a mentor. The instructors and participants are from all over the world so I got a very broad view of how UX is used around the world. I also got a detailed view from each course. I learned so much and am able to apply it to my current job. The cost is so affordable as well.
    • Andrea Gualteros • UI/UX Designer / Graphic Designer • Graduate
      The Bootcamp experience at IxDF was excellent, and I had a great mentor that helps me a lot in the process of the project. Also, all material that they supply was handy.
    • Allison Matti • UX Designer
      This curriculum is robust and gives you a real "choose your own adventure" feel. You are paired with a mentor, that you get to meet with regularly, work on real projects, and at the same time, have dozens of courses at one time to choose from to really cater to your needs and interests. I have graduated, but am still able to use the platform to learn and earn certificates in the areas that I am interested in.