interaction-design-foundation-logo

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation’s UX bootcamps are part-time, fully online programs with a focus on job-readiness. Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) is an independent non-profit initiative with a mission to make design education affordable and accessible. Every bootcamp is designed to help students develop practical skills and a portfolio through Capstone project work.

IxDF bootcamps are mentor-led. Mentors in the Interaction Design Foundation bootcamps are experienced UX design professionals with 5-15 years of experience. Beginner-level bootcamps in UX Fundamentals, User Research and Design Thinking include a dedicated mentor as well as live classes with an instructor and group critiques with peers. The UX Portfolio and Career bootcamp includes a dedicated mentor, peer reviews and consultations with design recruiters.

Students are also given a one-year Interaction Design Foundation membership, which includes Interaction Design Foundation courses, which are available to those who wish to supplement or expand on their knowledge from bootcamp.

All bootcamps include a verifiable certificate of completion. Students who complete at least 3 beginner-level bootcamps are also eligible for an IxDF UX Certification with a Job Guarantee.

Recent Interaction Design Foundation Reviews: Rating 4.63

all (59) reviews for Interaction Design Foundation →

Recent Interaction Design Foundation News

• Design Thinking Bootcamp

Product Management, Mobile, Growth Hacking, Design, User Experience Design
      Start Date August 30, 2021
      Co-create, innovate and develop human-centered solutions for complex problems through powerful design thinking methods. Learn proven, industry-relevant methods through real-world projects, with the help of expert guidance from mentors and instructors. Ideal for people from any background, at any level of experience. You don’t need prior design knowledge or skills. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in design thinking methods, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee.
      Minimum Skill LevelYou don’t need prior design knowledge or skills. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in design thinking methods, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
    • User Experience (UX) Fundamentals Bootcamp

Virtualization, User Experience Design, Design
      Start Date August 30, 2021
      A beginner-level bootcamp that can give you the perfect mix of expert guidance + real-world projects to fast-track your learning. Ideal for anyone who wishes to begin their career in UX Design, and would like to explore what UX is all about. This Bootcamp will give you a rock-solid foundation in UX theory and practice. When you graduate, you won’t be ready to apply to jobs just yet, but you'll be well on your way in the first step to changing your career to UX Design. As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at a price that's 80% lower than the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available.
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelYou don’t need any prior design skills, experience or education in design in order to take the UX Fundamentals bootcamp. This bootcamp will teach you essential skills and concepts that will help you to continue learning UX. You'll learn UX by doing UX.
    • User Research Bootcamp

Start Date August 30, 2021
      UX without user research is a recipe for bad UX. Great design is rooted in user insights. Develop in-demand skills to become a User Researcher in this bootcamp. Learn through real-world research projects and activities, guided at every stage by mentors and instructors. The bootcamp is ideal for people from any background or level of experience. Prior design knowledge or skills are not required because you will learn user research by actually doing user research. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in UX or user research, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelThe bootcamp is ideal for people from any background or level of experience. Prior design knowledge or skills are not required because you will learn user research by actually doing user research. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior
    • UX Portfolio and Career Bootcamp

An exciting opportunity to create and hone your personal portfolio site and get ready for a new job in UX. You’ll be paired with a mentor who suits your personality, knowledge and experience to ensure you receive the most valuable feedback and advice. What’s more, you’ll work on unique projects relevant to your industry and career interests, get support with your job applications and have a call with a design recruiter! As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at barely 10% of the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available.
      Refund / Guarantee14-day money back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelPrior knowledge of UX design is advised. The bootcamp is fully practical and does not include any theory components. If you have prior experience or knowledge in UX, then you can benefit from the practical, career-oriented focus of the bootcamp.
      Prep WorkOnce enrolled, you'll go through a comprehensive onboarding process to help us shortlist the best mentors for your unique needs and goals.
    • Arkadiy  User Photo
      Arkadiy • UX Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I highly recommend the UX Bootcamp and the IDF school in general. The Bootcamp gives an incredible uplift in a couple of months, provides unique materials and what was most important for me — a highly experienced mentor.  I can not give a review of the job assistance yet, some time is needed (let's say 5 stars for now)  But other points are definitely 5/5.
    • Mr
      - 12/7/2020
      Arup Roy  User Photo
      Arup Roy • UX Designer • Verified via LinkedIn
      I found the Interaction Design Foundation - Bootcamp really helpful in giving a proper shape to my portfolio. The structure, timing, course content and value for money  are all very good . The support provided by IDF too is very prompt and supportive. You get to choose from three instructors based on your preferences. I can't speak about the quality of all the mentors, but in my case, my mentor was very highly experienced, supportive, wise and under his guidance I have been able to develop a very marketable and professional looking portfolio and CV. You also have flexibility regarding on the choice of projects and the way you want to run the bootcamp. That makes the mentee feel more independent and confident at the end of the bootcamp. You also get a few free or discounted subscriptions to a few UX softwares.
      The only place where I feel the bootcamp could improve is in helping the mentees find jobs.
      Overall the BootCamp has a very nice user experience.
    • Matt  User Photo
      Matt • Designer • Verified via LinkedIn
      Great experience all around! The course is well thought out and very flexible. The dedicated mentor component was key in offering guidance and encouragement through the process. My goal going into the course was to become a more versatile designer across the design spectrum - the experience has given me a huge confidence boost towards that goal. I would highly recommend.
    • UX Bootcamp
      - 10/28/2020
      Stefano  User Photo
      Stefano • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This was a very good bootcamp. My mentor was excellent and the weekly check-ins held me accountable for my work. I was able to go through a UX design process from beginning to end, created my portfolio and refreshed my resume. The most beneficial part of the bootcamp has to be the mentorship.

I would definitely recommend it to others!
    • Macarena Daher  User Photo
      Macarena Daher • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The experience with the bootcamp was very good, we have worked hard to create 2, 3 or 4 projects according to each student. The results were great thanks to the feedback we received from our mentor. Mentors are the key to bootcamp, they give you the daily vitamin you need to get the best of you.
    • Shasta McBride  User Photo
      Shasta McBride • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I received so much from these several months of training and am so grateful I took this training. My mentor was really the best UX teacher I've had; she helped me every step of the way and was very thorough. I focused very hard and took the initiative to learn the new software programs I needed and dove right into a field I am now enjoying so much. This is a great bootcamp to exercise your left and right brain for UX Design. I highly recommend it.
    • Brian Paul Smith  User Photo
      Brian Paul Smith • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I recently enrolled in The "Get a New Job in UX Design". Bootcamp offered the the Interaction Design Foundation.   How would I rate this bootcamp?   If I could I would give 10 stars out of 5.
      When it comes to online training in the field of UX,  It's buyer beware.  It's certainly a risk to invest time and money into something that , at the end of the day, comes thru the computer monitor.

From my very first visit to the IDF website, I have been greeted with warm, personal, genuine, caring interaction from the founders and instructors.  If I wanted to drop names,  There is no finer group of UX professionals on the board of directors.  The curriculum is as good as it gets.  To say that IDF is benchmark in UX Education is an understatement.
      What makes IDF so exceptional is the cost to value ratio.  There is no puffing up or slick marketing selling something at an over inflated price.  There are no dark patterns used to try and hook you or sell you something you don't need.  There is only  100% straight up, no nonsense down to earth content with a value proposition that is obvious and needs no adorning to ad to its appeal.
      IDF is a superb value in education, offered by people with a sincere interest in the democratization of design knowledge for the greater benefit of mankind.  IDF is a school by honest people for honest people who at the core what to make the world a better place.

I have been enrolled at IDF and working full time studying since the spring of 2020 when, the big adventure started.  The bootcamp was the obvious next step.  Initially I was offered 3 mentors and none really felt like a good fit.  I expressed this to the bootcamp staff and was immediately offered additional choices which were ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC.  I was paired with a world class mentor in the field of UX, who gave me invaluable assistance and insight.  In addition my mentor was, just an incredibly warm and genuine human who really cares and wants to help me succeed. Its like having a pro boxer as a coach , in your corner.  After 8 weeks working together we have an ongoing relationship and he is there for me whenever I need another bump.  The confidence I have gained, is indispensable and worth every penny of the price many times over.

I have no doubt that this bootcamp made the difference in my career and prepared me in a way that I could not have done otherwise.

I would purchase the program again 10 times over, because the value is that good.
    • Justine Crowley  User Photo
      Justine Crowley • Customer Service Professional / Graduate UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Enrolling in, and getting accepted into the UX Design bootcamp immersive at the Interaction Design Foundation was the best decision I made to study online, all in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Having transferred my studies from another institute due to this pandemic, and another challenge prior meant that I was able to get a second chance at becoming a UX Designer. During my time at the Interaction Design Foundation, I had full autonomy and support in working on and iterating two projects on my portfolio, where I was able to study on my own time (not on a rigid 9-5 schedule) when I was most productive. Doing so enabled me to increase my hours at my part-time job from 4 to 25 hours per week, as well as graduate without any student debt. I had so much fun working on my projects, and my mentor did a great job in also helping me with my Figma skills, as well as providing encouragement and support. Alec from the support office was also great. If you value your freedom both time wise and financially, then I highly recommend this bootcamp with the Interaction Design Foundation.
    • IDF UX Bootcamp
      - 3/21/2020
      Amélie K  User Photo
      Amélie K • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      After completing several courses with the Interaction Design Foundation, I decided to join the IDF UX Bootcamp in order to work on UX projects and build my portfolio. I would highly recommend this UX bootcamp for the following reasons:
      1. The bootcamp allows you to personalise your learning path and to select projects that suit your own career objectives
      2. You will get personalised feedback and support from a dedicated mentor who will review continuously your work
      3. This bootcamp will help you to get a better understanding of the UX job market, create an engaging portfolio and break into the UX field.
    • Darshan Jade   User Photo
      Darshan Jade • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      If you are a lost soul trying to understand UX design and want to make it your career this is the right course for you. I love how they have covered every minute aspect of UI/UX design fast tracking your design thinking capabilities. The mentor(my case it was Nikhil Yadav from Bangalore,India) guide you through all the aspects and help you create a perfect portfolio to land you an awesome Job.I completely enjoyed the process and I am glad I came across IDF UX Bootcamp.
    • Get A Job Bootcamp
      - 7/22/2021
      Derrick Loo • Product Designer • Student
      I think the biggest value of this bootcamp comes from having someone with experience to objectively evaluate your work and being accountable to him and myself. Nothing beats having a deadline to work against.

I was taught to challenge myself to uplift every version of my design and think harder to create innovative solutions. And be confident about being bold and different so I can stand out from the others.

I can definitely see the improvement in my own designs and thinking process during the bootcamp and I am very appreciate and thankful for my mentor Daniel, who has went out of his way to ensure I complete my portfolio website.

Essentially, it's a valuable bootcamp if you are willing to put in the work and be open for constructive feedback.
    • Bootcamp
      - 7/21/2021
      Mir Kalhar • UX Designer
      It was really fun and a good experience in learning more material through IDF in the Bootcamp, vast database to learn every small points you need in your career.

Thanks IDF