interaction-design-foundation-logo

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation’s UX bootcamp is an eight-week, online program with a focus on job-readiness. The Interaction Design Foundation bootcamp is self-paced, allowing for students to customize learning around their own schedules. Interaction Design Foundation (IDF) is an independent non-profit initiative with a mission to raise the standard of global design education while lowering the cost.

While Interaction Design Foundation does not require any technical prerequisites, prior knowledge of design concepts and technical skills will be beneficial. Free Interaction Design Foundation courses are available to those students who need additional training and have already enrolled in the bootcamp. Students will have a lifetime access to any project materials completed during the bootcamp. Students are also given a one-year Interaction Design Foundation membership, which includes Interaction Design Foundation courses.

The focus of the Interaction Design Foundation bootcamp is mentor-led portfolio-building. Mentors are experienced UX design professionals, and Interaction Design Foundation matches each student with their personal mentor. Under the mentor’s guidance, each student creates, finalizes, and learns how to present a design portfolio. This portfolio includes practical and guided projects, and can be a mix of the student’s own personal projects and real-world project briefs provided by Interaction Design Foundation.

In the last two weeks of class, mentors help participants prepare for job interviews and practice presenting their portfolios. Students also do design interviews with recruiters from creative staffing agencies like Bamboo Crowd and Creative Circle to ready them for job interviews. An Interaction Design Foundation certificate is issued upon completion of the bootcamp.

Recent Interaction Design Foundation Reviews: Rating 4.61

all (54) reviews for Interaction Design Foundation →

Recent Interaction Design Foundation News

• Get a New Job in UX Design Bootcamp

An exciting opportunity to create and hone your personal portfolio site and get ready for a new job in UX. You’ll be paired with a mentor who suits your personality, knowledge and experience to ensure you receive the most valuable feedback and advice. What’s more, you’ll work on unique projects relevant to your industry and career interests, get support with your job applications and have a call with a design recruiter! As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at barely 10% of the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required
      Refund / Guarantee14-day money back guarantee; option to pause and resume the bootcamp as per your needs.
      Minimum Skill LevelOpen to all, beginners included. The bootcamp also comes with access to our Ivy League level UX design courses, so you can learn core fundamentals alongside the practical structure of the bootcamp at your own pace!
      Prep WorkOnce enrolled, you'll go through a comprehensive onboarding process to help us shortlist the best mentors for your unique needs and goals.
    • User Experience (UX) Fundamentals Bootcamp

A beginner-level bootcamp that can give you the perfect mix of expert guidance + real-world projects to fast-track your learning. Ideal for anyone who wishes to begin their career in UX Design, and would like to explore what UX is all about. This Bootcamp will give you a rock-solid foundation in UX theory and practice. When you graduate, you won’t be ready to apply to jobs just yet, but you'll be well on your way in the first step to changing your career to UX Design. As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at barely 10% of the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required.
      Tuition PlansPayment plans available.
      Minimum Skill LevelYou don’t need any prior design skills, experience or education in design in order to take the UX Fundamentals bootcamp. This bootcamp will teach you essential skills and concepts that will help you to continue learning UX.
      Prep WorkOnce enrolled, you'll go through a comprehensive onboarding process to help us shortlist the best mentors for your unique needs, goals and learning objectives.
    • Luis Gaspar
      - 5/19/2021
      Luis  User Photo
      Luis • Ux Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This Bootcamp was amazing!
      The best and most valuable part was mentoring someone so experienced and always ready to help me.

- 5/14/2021
      Cintia  User Photo
      Cintia • UX/UI Designer • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had a positive experience with IDF UX Bootcamp. The schedule and program were well thought, the mentor was very helpful.
    • Martin Crowley  User Photo
      Martin Crowley • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have just completed the Bootcamp and I can honestly say that it was an extremely worthwhile endeavour. I was paired with an excellent mentor with tonnes of industry experience who truly cared about my progress. My UX portfolio has come on by leaps and bounds in the eight weeks. I would thoroughly recommend this course to anyone seeking their first start within UX Design.
      - 4/8/2021
      Tuğba Karakaş YAvuz  User Photo
      Tuğba Karakaş YAvuz • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      It was a great bootcamp. I attended several conferences and courses. I already had some knowledge but I did not know where to start, how to continue and finish. This bootcamp helped me to bring together all of my knowledge and produce end-to-end project. Well-structured documentation helped me close the gaps. Mentor has directed me whenever I was lost in the project and her advices helped me to understand my mistakes.
    • Georgina Miranda  User Photo
      Georgina Miranda • Client IT Coordinator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This is a well structured bootcamp that had helped me not only to learn by doing, but to gain confidence about my previous knowledge!
      This is not a beginner bootcamp and I highly recommend it to people who need the final boost to land their first UX job.
      Also, I would consider doing this bootcamp again in a couple of years. The main reasons are:

• Each student has the possibility to set up their expectations and their goals from the beginning. The bootcamp will be entirely about the students needs.
      • The mentors are experienced UX/UI designers who are currently working in the industry and are aware of new procedures and trends. Also, they are flexible and provide more feedback that only the calls.
      • If you are an experience designer, you can get still a lot of value from the bootcamp as you can set your expectations and you can get great outputs from other professionals.
      • There's also the chance to get your money back if you're not sure about the bootcamp in the first 2 weeks.

I just started searching for a job as UX designer but I am pretty confident that I will find a job soon.

If you want to know more details about my experience in this bootcamp, you can reach at me in my Linkedin: Georgina Miranda.
    • Mandy Young  User Photo
      Mandy Young • Verified via LinkedIn
      this bootcamp was super helpful in terms of connecting with a mentor and recruiter. personally, I felt the layout could have been structured better to actually put your portfolio together [vs. the research part] - as the ultimate goal is to have something to show off once you're done. my mentor was great, but I personally could have used a bit more guidance. overall, the connections I made are invaluable and I'd recommend this to anyone looking to start making headway into the UX job market!
    • Chelsie  User Photo
      Chelsie • UX Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I attended The Interaction Design Foundation 8-week Boot Camp in June of 2020. I was super green, a complete newbie, and this boot camp was not only advertised as one for entry-level, but it was also one of the most reasonably priced options available.

After completing the boot camp, I would have to say that it is definitely more for intermediate UX designers. While I did learn a lot, I feel the learning curve was a little steeper than I anticipated. Of course, the added benefit is access to their a la carte courses that can help fill those gaps.

I did enjoy working with my assigned mentor and the mentor selection process, in general, was a great experience. I do wish they are more conscious of setting up mentors with mentees in different timezones. It made it difficult, but not impossible, to work with my mentor. It also made it hard to want to continue a mentor/mentee relationship after the fact.

The content was great, and one thing they do well is helping you with your portfolio and getting ready for job interviews. Of course, this is only useful if you can get job interviews. I really wasn't shown how to network or find jobs as a UX designer. I had to learn on my own and reach out to others in the UX community.

I would recommend this boot camp for those who have the basics down and are just looking to get over the finish line.
    • Daniel Almeida  User Photo
      Daniel Almeida • Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've been working as a Designer since 2010 but I had a break in 2016 to pursue other things for a while. I had decided to join the IDF UX Bootcamp in order to update portfolio and to get more knowledge in user research methods. My mentor was amazing, she helped me with all questions and doubts I had and we both got to work out how we would approach my projects from beginning to end.
      If you have any doubts about the UX job market or UX processes, in general, this Bootcamp is perfect for you!
    • Sandra  User Photo
      Sandra • Head of UX design • Verified via LinkedIn
      The bootcamp from IDF is amazing! It is the best way to learn to have a mentor and to be able to work on real projects.
      Big plus, IDF is a non-profit school which makes the price of the bootcamp unbeatable! I highly recommend this bootcamp. Education should always be non-profit.
      - 1/25/2021
      Maria  User Photo
      Maria • Verified via LinkedIn
      All in all I had a very positive experience with IDF UX Bootcamp. Schedule and program was well thought, mentor was very helpful and knowledgeable. The only recommendation I would give to those who plan to start this course is to learn tools before subscribe. It will help you to concentrate more on your projects rather than spending time on learning basics. The rest was great.
    • Daniel Nortey  User Photo
      Daniel Nortey • UX/UI Dedsigner • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had a great experience participating in the Bootcamp.  The curriculum is well throughout with great materials to help you build your portfolio and the bonus is the mentorship. I had an excellent mentor who provided constructive feedback, resources and guidelines in helping me rebuild my portfolio.
    • Arkadiy  User Photo
      Arkadiy • UX Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I highly recommend the UX Bootcamp and the IDF school in general. The Bootcamp gives an incredible uplift in a couple of months, provides unique materials and what was most important for me — a highly experienced mentor.  I can not give a review of the job assistance yet, some time is needed (let's say 5 stars for now)  But other points are definitely 5/5.