interaction-design-foundation-logo

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation’s UX bootcamps are part-time, fully online programs with a focus on job-readiness. Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) is an independent non-profit initiative with a mission to make design education affordable and accessible. Every bootcamp is designed to help students develop practical skills and a portfolio through Capstone project work.

IxDF bootcamps are mentor-led. Mentors in the Interaction Design Foundation bootcamps are experienced UX design professionals with 5-15 years of experience. Beginner-level bootcamps in UX Fundamentals, User Research and Design Thinking include a dedicated mentor as well as live classes with an instructor and group critiques with peers. The UX Portfolio and Career bootcamp includes a dedicated mentor, peer reviews and consultations with design recruiters.

Students are also given a one-year Interaction Design Foundation membership, which includes Interaction Design Foundation courses, which are available to those who wish to supplement or expand on their knowledge from bootcamp.

All bootcamps include a verifiable certificate of completion. Students who complete at least 3 beginner-level bootcamps are also eligible for an IxDF UX Certification with a Job Guarantee.

Recent Interaction Design Foundation Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (65) reviews for Interaction Design Foundation →

Recent Interaction Design Foundation News

• Design Thinking Bootcamp

Product Management, Mobile, Growth Hacking, Design, User Experience Design
      Start Date August 30, 2021
      Co-create, innovate and develop human-centered solutions for complex problems through powerful design thinking methods. Learn proven, industry-relevant methods through real-world projects, with the help of expert guidance from mentors and instructors. Ideal for people from any background, at any level of experience. You don’t need prior design knowledge or skills. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in design thinking methods, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee.
      Minimum Skill LevelYou don’t need prior design knowledge or skills. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in design thinking methods, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
    • User Experience (UX) Fundamentals Bootcamp

Virtualization, User Experience Design, Design
      Start Date August 30, 2021
      A beginner-level bootcamp that can give you the perfect mix of expert guidance + real-world projects to fast-track your learning. Ideal for anyone who wishes to begin their career in UX Design, and would like to explore what UX is all about. This Bootcamp will give you a rock-solid foundation in UX theory and practice. When you graduate, you won’t be ready to apply to jobs just yet, but you'll be well on your way in the first step to changing your career to UX Design. As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at a price that's 80% lower than the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available.
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelYou don’t need any prior design skills, experience or education in design in order to take the UX Fundamentals bootcamp. This bootcamp will teach you essential skills and concepts that will help you to continue learning UX. You'll learn UX by doing UX.
    • User Research Bootcamp

Start Date August 30, 2021
      UX without user research is a recipe for bad UX. Great design is rooted in user insights. Develop in-demand skills to become a User Researcher in this bootcamp. Learn through real-world research projects and activities, guided at every stage by mentors and instructors. The bootcamp is ideal for people from any background or level of experience. Prior design knowledge or skills are not required because you will learn user research by actually doing user research. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in UX or user research, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelThe bootcamp is ideal for people from any background or level of experience. Prior design knowledge or skills are not required because you will learn user research by actually doing user research. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior
    • UX Portfolio and Career Bootcamp

An exciting opportunity to create and hone your personal portfolio site and get ready for a new job in UX. You’ll be paired with a mentor who suits your personality, knowledge and experience to ensure you receive the most valuable feedback and advice. What’s more, you’ll work on unique projects relevant to your industry and career interests, get support with your job applications and have a call with a design recruiter! As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at barely 10% of the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available.
      Refund / Guarantee14-day money back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelPrior knowledge of UX design is advised. The bootcamp is fully practical and does not include any theory components. If you have prior experience or knowledge in UX, then you can benefit from the practical, career-oriented focus of the bootcamp.
      Prep WorkOnce enrolled, you'll go through a comprehensive onboarding process to help us shortlist the best mentors for your unique needs and goals.
    • Good experience
      - 9/11/2021
      Sibu Stephen  User Photo
      Sibu Stephen • Front end developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I started the bootcamp experience though it’s a long way to go and I had just started the portfolio creation, but for the initial learning it was a good way to go about, for beginners would highly recommend this course.
    • Christie Pham  User Photo
      Christie Pham • Junior product designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Strongly recommend this bootcamp for people who already has basic knowledge of UX and want to improve your portfolio for job hunt. My mentor Sunit Sharma is very nice and helpful. He gave me great comments and feedback. I found my project and portfolio improved greatly after taking his advice. The only downside about this bootcamp is that it really depends on self work since you don't have a schedule to stick with. So it is only effective if you're efficient and productive. Overall, I had a great experience. The price is also very reasonable and I'm happy with what I got.
    • Giorgio Pulvirenti  User Photo
      Giorgio Pulvirenti • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Great Experience. Very useful material for the realization of an end to end UX Design project with the help of a dedicated Mentor, guidance in the creation of the portfolio and the search for a job
    • Hannah Bui  User Photo
      Hannah Bui • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This is the best choice out there I've ever known for those who already had some knowledge or experience in UX Design and are looking to enter this field. With a much better price compared with popular bootcamps, you will come out with your own website showing several solid portfolios (which also depend on your personal effort). For me, the ROI is higher than other bootcamps out there. I think prerequisite is you already knew about UX Design and are not completely new. Another great bonus is you could take as many free courses as you want on the IxDF website. I've been taking 7-8 since I started the bootcamp and the content is amazing. Anyway, my advice is to be proactive and keep on learning yourself. No matter how great a bootcamp is, your personal effort and passion are crucial.
      - 7/21/2021
      Subham Saurabh  User Photo
      Subham Saurabh • Job Seeker • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Although it took me a long time to finish this Bootcamp, I really enjoyed this Bootcamp, and I got a lot to learn as well.

Overall: This Bootcamp is great, very supportive, very affordable and has a very talented set of instructors/ mentors.

I loved this Bootcamp!
    • Luis Gaspar
      - 5/18/2021
      Luis  User Photo
      Luis • Ux Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This Bootcamp was amazing!
      The best and most valuable part was mentoring someone so experienced and always ready to help me.

- 5/14/2021
      Cintia  User Photo
      Cintia • UX/UI Designer • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had a positive experience with IDF UX Bootcamp. The schedule and program were well thought, the mentor was very helpful.
    • Martin Crowley  User Photo
      Martin Crowley • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have just completed the Bootcamp and I can honestly say that it was an extremely worthwhile endeavour. I was paired with an excellent mentor with tonnes of industry experience who truly cared about my progress. My UX portfolio has come on by leaps and bounds in the eight weeks. I would thoroughly recommend this course to anyone seeking their first start within UX Design.
      - 4/8/2021
      Tuğba Karakaş YAvuz  User Photo
      Tuğba Karakaş YAvuz • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      It was a great bootcamp. I attended several conferences and courses. I already had some knowledge but I did not know where to start, how to continue and finish. This bootcamp helped me to bring together all of my knowledge and produce end-to-end project. Well-structured documentation helped me close the gaps. Mentor has directed me whenever I was lost in the project and her advices helped me to understand my mistakes.
    • Georgina Miranda  User Photo
      Georgina Miranda • Client IT Coordinator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This is a well structured bootcamp that had helped me not only to learn by doing, but to gain confidence about my previous knowledge!
      This is not a beginner bootcamp and I highly recommend it to people who need the final boost to land their first UX job.
      Also, I would consider doing this bootcamp again in a couple of years. The main reasons are:

• Each student has the possibility to set up their expectations and their goals from the beginning. The bootcamp will be entirely about the students needs.
      • The mentors are experienced UX/UI designers who are currently working in the industry and are aware of new procedures and trends. Also, they are flexible and provide more feedback that only the calls.
      • If you are an experience designer, you can get still a lot of value from the bootcamp as you can set your expectations and you can get great outputs from other professionals.
      • There's also the chance to get your money back if you're not sure about the bootcamp in the first 2 weeks.

I just started searching for a job as UX designer but I am pretty confident that I will find a job soon.

If you want to know more details about my experience in this bootcamp, you can reach at me in my Linkedin: Georgina Miranda.
    • Mandy Young  User Photo
      Mandy Young • Verified via LinkedIn
      this bootcamp was super helpful in terms of connecting with a mentor and recruiter. personally, I felt the layout could have been structured better to actually put your portfolio together [vs. the research part] - as the ultimate goal is to have something to show off once you're done. my mentor was great, but I personally could have used a bit more guidance. overall, the connections I made are invaluable and I'd recommend this to anyone looking to start making headway into the UX job market!
    • Chelsie  User Photo
      Chelsie • UX Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I attended The Interaction Design Foundation 8-week Boot Camp in June of 2020. I was super green, a complete newbie, and this boot camp was not only advertised as one for entry-level, but it was also one of the most reasonably priced options available.

After completing the boot camp, I would have to say that it is definitely more for intermediate UX designers. While I did learn a lot, I feel the learning curve was a little steeper than I anticipated. Of course, the added benefit is access to their a la carte courses that can help fill those gaps.

I did enjoy working with my assigned mentor and the mentor selection process, in general, was a great experience. I do wish they are more conscious of setting up mentors with mentees in different timezones. It made it difficult, but not impossible, to work with my mentor. It also made it hard to want to continue a mentor/mentee relationship after the fact.

The content was great, and one thing they do well is helping you with your portfolio and getting ready for job interviews. Of course, this is only useful if you can get job interviews. I really wasn't shown how to network or find jobs as a UX designer. I had to learn on my own and reach out to others in the UX community.

I would recommend this boot camp for those who have the basics down and are just looking to get over the finish line.