Freemote is a 7-week, self-paced, online Freelance Developer bootcamp. Freemote students will learn front end development, web development, how to set up Shopify stores, Shopify development, and how to contract, onboard, communicate, and deliver remote freelance developer services. Freemote curriculum is delivered through 200+ coding lessons, including tutorial videos, a built in code editor, quizzes and projects, 25+ hours of video content, and access to downloadable checklists, templates, and cheat sheets.
Freemote is open to all students, including beginners. Students may move through the bootcamp at a different pace depending on incoming technical skill level.
Freemote Freelance Developer bootcamp students will receive freelance portfolio and strategy training, a freelancing masterclass, and direct access to technical mentors and instructors via a Facebook community. Freemote students have lifetime access to the mastermind group and to bootcamp content, which is updated as needed to stay current with industry standards.
Freemote offers refunds when requested by email less than 60 days after purchasing the bootcamp and after completing less than half of the bootcamp content.
Recent Freemote Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent Freemote News
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size N/A Location OnlineFreemote students will learn front end development, web development, how to set up Shopify stores, Shopify development, and how to contract, onboard, communicate, and deliver remote freelance developer services.
Deposit N/A FinancingMonthly Payments Available Tuition Plans Monthly Payments Available Refund / Guarantee 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Freemote is open to all students, including beginners. Placement Test No Interview No
44 reviews sorted by:
- Doriana Kalaj • Student • Course: Freelance Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis Bootcamp is something else. I started approaching coding a year or so ago on self-learning platforms.
My learning wasn't going as planned. I felt lost and couldn't keep my motivation and discipline up. One of the main reasons was that I didn't have a clear goal and had no one to help me.
Before finding Freemote, I was considering another University of Chicago Bootcamp. They asked me for $12k, for 6 months of online classes and nothing guaranteed when I finished.
Right after that, I stumbled upon an ad from Aaron. I recognized myself in everything he said and immediately sent my information to get an interview with one of their recruiters.
The recruiter, Steve, was super helpful and kind. He gave me all the info I needed. The price was very affordable (compared to the $12k I had been asked days before 😅).
I bought the course the next day.
I'm on my third week and Woow!!! So far so good.
I really feel like I'm being followed by professionals. Whenever I have a problem I have someone to answer me within 48h.
The lessons are clear and I love the fact that the videos are short but very comprehensive.
I sent the first project for feedback and was sent a personalized video where my code was checked.
The Facebook community is also great and really friendly.
This Bootcamp is giving me a direction in life. I now have a clear goal in mind and I also have mentors and coaches following me and helping me in order to achieve my goals.
I seriously think this has been one of the best decisions I have made in years.
Truly grateful for finding this program 🙏🏻
- Amazing course- 4/27/2022Sarr • Student • Course: Freelance Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubFreemote is one of the top courses for someone who wants to learn how to code and become a freelancer fast.
I learnt from a lot of courses but Freemote delivers everything it promises. Jan and Aaron are motivating you in each step, the lessons are really clear, they have an awesome community, the support team is always there to help. The course is definitely worth the investment
- Amazing!- 4/22/2022Connor Reed • Student • Course: Freelance Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubThe course is very well done in everything from helping you understand the business side of being a freelancer to writing code. And it takes you from no experience to the expert level on both sides very fast. I couldn't be more happier than choosing this lifestyle for a job and I have freemote to thank for exposing it to me.
- Amazing- 3/16/2022Josh • Student • Course: Freelance Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis school is absolutely amazing, I love the hands on that you get with all the lessons practices and projects but I also love how you get a personalized video on your project assessments. so far from what I've seen week one is by far the hardest but most rewarding week since you have HTML and CSS thrown at you. I learned so much and how to use both languages pretty well that I was shocked at myself at how much I learned. If you decide to take this course don't let week 1 scare you off. It's difficult yes but keep at it no matter how long it takes you to finish. I have been doing this course for 6 hours a day and just finished week 2 after 5 days, it took me 3 weeks to finish week 1. Just keep at it and I promise you will be especially happy with your results
- Amazing Learn and Earn Program- 3/3/2022Seth Miller • Student • Course: Freelance Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI am a former Full Stack Bootcamp graduate. I attended with the plan of learning skills to freelance. But I felt lost afterwards and wasn't confident enough to market those skills. I also didn't have a niche I could fall into.
That is where Freemote became so beneficial to me. I am just getting into the portion where I will learn freelancing skills and tips. Learning this Shopify niche is amazing. On the surface Shopify seems easy enough that anyone could do it. But that is not the case. Being training and skilled in this niche should help me earn some side cash while I learn coding. And learning and earning on real world projects is critical to success.
I also want to stress the importance of the network that follows.
- Just it time Web Dev course (5 out of 5 for me)- 12/22/2021Saleh Fadel • Student • Course: Freelance Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInIn early 2021 I was enrolled in a subscription course to learn web dev and because I have a very demanding job I couldn't keep up and I couldn't finish within the time I had and I was thinking about extending.
Luckily, on YouTube I saw an ad for Freemote, and I really liked the idea especially the part that its self-paced. What helped even more is that the course was from Aaron Jack, I was already watching his videos on YouTube (he is a YouTuber as you know) and I already felt he is a trustworthy, genuine person.
What made things even better for me is that just before I enrolled I had 2 questions, one about feedback (mentors or instructors on course) and if indeed I would receive it if needed? and the other about if instead of e-commerce freelance web developer, what if wanted to find a normal job as a web developer working in a company or business, would the course help me achieve that? and I got the 2 answers after emailing freemote in a very short period of time (like 24 hours) and it was Aaron Jack himself and his answers were thorough and what I was looking for. Basically for feedback (mentors or instructors) the answer was yes and regarding normal web dev jobs, I was reassured that the course would be excellent for that and Aaron explained to me this was a question a lot of people were asking. E-commerce gigs on your resume would be "real world experience" that can give you an advantage when applying to normal web dev jobs that many entry level web dev jobs candidates might not necessarily have. I also understood from Aaron that freemote helped people who wanted to start agencies also.
The instructors (Aaron and Jan) do an excellent job in explaining things thoroughly, clearly and concisely and its obvious they are listening to students feedback (as an example in one video that is considered "bonus" Jan is saying he did it because students asked and the video is NOT short, maybe 25 minutes and you could tell he prepared really well for it). They (Instructors Aaron and Jan) respond to comments underneath the videos or lessons although I never personally posted. The mentors or instructors (other than Aaron or Jan) also respond in the comments all the time.
The videos are usually short, this helps a lot so that you don't get distracted or lose interest. Even the few videos that are considered-relatively speaking- on the "longer" side like 25 to 30 minutes or a bit longer are not an issue at all because Aaron and Jan keep you engaged and you are at the end before you know it.
One of the weeks in course is about "Freelancing skills & Strategy" and even here there are several hours (containing many in-depth videos) about all you could imagine related to this topic, like virtual office setup, business strategies, portfolio setup, Freelancing on UpWork (including submitting your ready UpWork profile for review!!), direct freelancing, contracts, onboarding and other topics.
I highly recommend the course if you are interested in becoming an e-commerce web developer or a web developer in general.
- Excellent course- 12/4/2021Abhishek Udawat • Freelancer • Student • Course: Freelance Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis course is legit. The team believes in overdelivering to the expectations which is really rare to see. I continue to learn a ton every single day and the advice given is very practical and straightforward. No waste of time. Expect to dedicate a lot of time. 20 hours of focussed work. No distractions. That's the best and the most affecive way to retain the information. This is real education and no get rich quick BS. Have realistic expectations from this course and... life in general! Haha. Best of luck 👍 I hope you find your freedom!
✅ Self-paced program with video walkthroughs of concepts
✅ Specialization in Shopify
✅ Career development with direct freelancing and UpWork options.
✅ Facebook group for support
✅ Videos and content constantly updated with lifelong access to site
✅ Price was affordable
The way that Aaron and Jan teach the content is exactly what I needed. They teach the concepts, provide exercises, strategies to complete exercises, and then a walkthrough of how the exercise could be completed.This course has allowed me to leave my awful job and land clients through direct freelancing and through UpWork. The course has transformed my work life and has allowed me to do something that I really enjoy doing with the freedom to spend time with my family.
- Freemote to the rescue!- 10/9/2021Jatin Patel • Quality Assurance Test Automation Engineer • Student • Course: Freelance Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInHaving struggled for three years from what people would think as a midlife crisis or worse, Freemote gave me hope! From marriage problems to shutting down my business to family health issues to Covid-19 Pandemic to 5 deaths in the family in a very short amount of time, this program gave me hope, focus, direction, and later accepting a job offer after over 257 applications. Not only is this course structured towards the student, but it’s growing a network of individuals that have your back and help you in times you feel like you want to quit the program. If the program were easy then it really would t be that much fun. Jan does an excellent job in explaining hard concepts real easy and simply put, best bang for your buck!
- Zach • Shopify Expert • Verified via GitHubI struggled in the self teaching realm and tutorial h*** for over a year, never gaining traction. Finally I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a course, Freemote's earn while you learn model intrigued me so I signed up. I don't regret it one bit, Aaron's pace was perfect he was straight to the point and focused on what we actually needed which got me to the point where I could actually make money in 3 weeks! Thank you Aaron, Jan, the coding mentors, and everyone else who helped me along the way!
- Course Review- 8/31/2021Michael Martin • Shopify Developer • Student • Course: Freelance Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was in a coding bootcamp for a couple of months while working part time in retail store before joining Freemote. The problem at the time with the traditional coding bootcamp is I was having to have two mentor meetings of week and I was needing something I could work on more at my pace and Freemote gave me just that. This bootcamp has given me so much confidence and I've even already started earning money as a freelance developer! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to get into freelancing and software development.
- Course Experience
The course made things easy to understand. You have projects and quizzes that you do to test your knowledge and you also have a safety net with the solutions videos. I felt like the course overall was very well done. The community behind it is one of the hidden gems, people are in the group willing and ready to help and ready to celebrate your wins! I would also say Jan and Aaron, the developers, are super responsive and stay committed to making sure the course is up to date which is not always the case with other bootcamp type programs. I did the course part-time and finished within about 3 months.
If you want results then you want Freemote. I got my first client, which was a website build, ONLY 1 WEEK AFTER COMPLETING FREEMOTE! I got my second client a few days after that and so far good things are continuing to happen. Maybe you want those same results or maybe you want a position with a company or maybe you want to start an agency, students have lived all of those experiences. You could learn what every other bootcamp is teaching or you could learn to build upon a platform that is the present and future of eCommerce websites, Shopify.
I'm excited to see you become a part of the community and I can't wait to hear about your success. You have to take the first step but after you do, everyone is there to support you. What's it going to be?