freemote-logo

Freemote

Freemote

Freemote is a 7-week, self-paced, online Freelance Developer bootcamp. Freemote students will learn front end development, web development, how to set up Shopify stores, Shopify development, and how to contract, onboard, communicate, and deliver remote freelance developer services. Freemote curriculum is delivered through 200+ coding lessons, including tutorial videos, a built in code editor, quizzes and projects, 25+ hours of video content, and access to downloadable checklists, templates, and cheat sheets.

Freemote is open to all students, including beginners. Students may move through the bootcamp at a different pace depending on incoming technical skill level.

Freemote Freelance Developer bootcamp students will receive freelance portfolio and strategy training, a freelancing masterclass, and direct access to technical mentors and instructors via a Facebook community. Freemote students have lifetime access to the mastermind group and to bootcamp content, which is updated as needed to stay current with industry standards.

Freemote offers refunds when requested by email less than 60 days after purchasing the bootcamp and after completing less than half of the bootcamp content.

Recent Freemote Reviews: Rating 5.0

OnlinePart Time7 Weeks
    Monthly Payments Available
    Tuition PlansMonthly Payments Available
    Refund / Guarantee60 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Minimum Skill LevelFreemote is open to all students, including beginners.
  • Abhishek Udawat   User Photo
    Abhishek Udawat • Freelancer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course is legit. The team believes in overdelivering to the expectations which is really rare to see.  I continue to learn a ton every single day and the advice given is very practical and straightforward. No waste of time. Expect to dedicate a lot of time. 20 hours of focussed work. No distractions. That's the best and the most affecive way to retain the information. This is real education and no get rich quick BS. Have realistic expectations from this course and... life in general! Haha. Best of luck 👍 I hope you find your freedom!
  • Matthew Leavitt  User Photo
    Matthew Leavitt • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    After spending years on a career path that I thought I loved, I found myself in a job that had a gaslighting, verbally abusive boss with no prospects of moving forward or to a different position. I began a long process of teaching myself coding since I couldn’t afford one of those pricey bootcamps.

A Freemote ad came up on Instagram after one hard day at work and a disappointing night trying to learn basic JavaScript. The way in which Aaron presented the course in the promotional video was very engaging. Looking into more of the details of the program the aspects that stood out to me were:
         ✅ Self-paced program with video walkthroughs of concepts
         ✅ Coding languages of HTML, CSS, Javascript, and Liquid
         ✅ Specialization in Shopify
         ✅ Career development with direct freelancing and UpWork options.
         ✅ Facebook group for support
         ✅ Videos and content constantly updated with lifelong access to site
         ✅ Price was affordable

The way that Aaron and Jan teach the content is exactly what I needed. They teach the concepts, provide exercises, strategies to complete exercises, and then a walkthrough of how the exercise could be completed.

This course has allowed me to leave my awful job and land clients through direct freelancing and through UpWork. The course has transformed my work life and has allowed me to do something that I really enjoy doing with the freedom to spend time with my family.
  • Jatin Patel  User Photo
    Jatin Patel • Quality Assurance Test Automation Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Having struggled for three years from what people would think as a midlife crisis or worse, Freemote gave me hope! From marriage problems to shutting down my business to family health issues to Covid-19 Pandemic to 5 deaths in the family in a very short amount of time, this program gave me hope, focus, direction, and later accepting a job offer after over 257 applications. Not only is this course structured towards the student, but it’s growing a network of individuals that have your back and help you in times you feel like you want to quit the program. If the program were easy then it really would t be that much fun. Jan does an excellent job in explaining hard concepts real easy and simply put, best bang for your buck!
  • Overall Experience:
    I struggled in the self teaching realm and tutorial h*** for over a year, never gaining traction. Finally I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a course, Freemote's earn while you learn model intrigued me so I signed up. I don't regret it one bit, Aaron's pace was perfect he was straight to the point and focused on what we actually needed which got me to the point where I could actually make money in 3 weeks! Thank you Aaron, Jan, the coding mentors, and everyone else who helped me along the way!
  • Course Review
    - 8/31/2021
    Michael Martin   User Photo
    Michael Martin • Shopify Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was in a coding bootcamp for a couple of months while working part time in retail store before joining Freemote. The problem at the time with the traditional coding bootcamp is I was having to have two mentor meetings of week and I was needing something I could work on more at my pace and Freemote gave me just that. This bootcamp has given me so much confidence and I've even already started earning money as a freelance developer! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to get into freelancing and software development.
  • Overall Experience:
    Course Experience
    The course made things easy to understand. You have projects and quizzes that you do to test your knowledge and you also have a safety net with the solutions videos. I felt like the course overall was very well done. The community behind it is one of the hidden gems, people are in the group willing and ready to help and ready to celebrate your wins! I would also say Jan and Aaron, the developers, are super responsive and stay committed to making sure the course is up to date which is not always the case with other bootcamp type programs. I did the course part-time and finished within about 3 months.
    Results
    If you want results then you want Freemote. I got my first client, which was a website build, ONLY 1 WEEK AFTER COMPLETING FREEMOTE! I got my second client a few days after that and so far good things are continuing to happen. Maybe you want those same results or maybe you want a position with a company or maybe you want to start an agency, students have lived all of those experiences. You could learn what every other bootcamp is teaching or you could learn to build upon a platform that is the present and future of eCommerce websites, Shopify.
    In Closing
    I'm excited to see you become a part of the community and I can't wait to hear about your success. You have to take the first step but after you do, everyone is there to support you. What's it going to be?
  • Kaido  User Photo
    Kaido • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Long story short:
    Completed a full-stack developer bootcamp in 2020. Joined Freemote in April 2021. Improved my web dev knowledge and skills immensely. Working as a freelancer since May. Within 3 months after starting, I was successful at job interviews for 2 top companies in my country. Today I received a job offer to work as a junior dev for a unicorn company.

Short story long:
    I was 39 years old and never coded a line before 2019. Joined a full-stack bootcamp while working full time. It cost over 5k, finished it by the end of 2020 and spent the next 5 months looking and applying for dev jobs without success. To be fair, my skills at that point were weak. I had a general understanding of how different coding languages work, but wasn't really able to create something on my own. I wouldn't have hired me either.
    I kept studying independently and built some front-end websites as practice, but I lacked structure and had no-one to help me when I got stuck.

In April 2021 I saw a video about Freemote bootcamp and it looked like a good fit for an affordable price. Besides I knew a guy that was preparing to get into eCommerce and needed an online store set up at the end of summer and we agreed that I'll get my Shopify skills up and help him set up his store for the price of the admission fee. I had my first client in the bag before I even started. :)
    I used some of my tax returns to purchase Freemote and in hindsight it was the best investment I've ever done.

I kept applying for local dev jobs while going through the course and 1.5 months after starting, I landed a front-end dev interview with a local robotics company. I passed it successfully and received good feedback. Unfortunately an unexpected budget freeze in their company pushed the actual hiring process to autumn.
    A few weeks after that, I landed another interview. It had a live coding session as one of the interviews and hand on heart, if I would’ve tried it before April, I would have failed miserably. But thanks to Freemote, I knew enough to be successful and got an offer from a unicorn company.

About the course:
    I think the fact that Aaron was a teacher before becoming a programmer really makes a difference. Aaron's way of teaching is so much better than anything in my previous full-stack bootcamp or any Udemy course I've tried. I definitely solidified my previous understanding of HTML and CSS and learned some new information. The best part for me was JS. Aaron explains complicated concepts and the exercises he provides - it all just started to click in my head. Especially followed by the Advanced JS module where Aaron teaches how to use JS to work with data and build dynamic websites.

Jan is a Shopify wizard and makes a totally new platform easy to grasp. The stores that you have to build as a part of the course look crisp and Jan's explanations set you up with enough to build, modify and migrate anything your future clients would ask for. Even if you don't get it right away, there is an option to ask additional questions in the comment section of each video and he always replies with tons of useful information.

The freelancing module really helps with setting up your profile on Upwork, portfolio website, strategies to reach and close customers, advice about accounting, taxes, networking, communication etc. Everything needed to set up your one-man business.

The FB group of the course is filled with likeminded people of different background and experience levels, all helping and encouraging one-another. Since I had some previous experience I tried to help as best I could as well, cause you learn the best by explaining something to others.

Wrap-up:
    Having said all that, there are no guarantees in life, every person will have a unique story. Freemote gives you the tools to be successful and points you in the right direction. It is YOU that will have to put in the time and consistent effort to turn it into a personal success.
  • Berk  User Photo
    Berk • Student Verified via GitHub
    Who is Freemote For?

If you are starting from zero wanting to be a remote developer as fast as possible, this bootcamp is for you.

If you already know some web development but have little experience getting freelance gigs and making a remote income, this bootcamp is also for you.

Freelancing Strategies That Get Results

Personally, I was in the second group as I joined and I was able to get my first Upwork gig after sending only 20 proposals with a new profile. Soon after, I got a full Shopify store setup gig through a design agency and have another one coming up in the pipeline.

Moral of the story: Freemote teaches you exactly how to get freelance work. This is information you can't find in any other bootcamp. Whether you want to build up a solid Upwork profile and have clients coming to you every week, or do direct outreach and get high-paying clients across the world, Freemote has got you covered.

Used wisely and executed consistently, the freelance strategies you learn are worth the price of the bootcamp alone.

But what if you are starting from scratch? In that case, the technical part of Freemote will take you from learning your first HTML elements to crafting dynamic websites with JavaScript and customizing Shopify themes to your client's requirements.

Technical Lessons: HTML/CSS/JS and Shopify

The technical lessons in this bootcamp are top-notch. Both Aaron and Jan are absolutely amazing at describing complex topics in an easy-to-understand way.

The HTML/CSS/JS part of the bootcamp is great at getting you from zero to proficient developer as fast as possible. There's no filler and every lesson teaches you what you need to know as efficiently as possible.

The Shopify platform expertise and development part of the bootcamp covers Shopify development better than anywhere else I've seen on the internet. In just a couple weeks, you will go from knowing nothing about Shopify to being able to set up customized stores for your clients.

Conclusion

If you are starting from scratch wanting to be a remote developer in 2021 and beyond, you have to get into this bootcamp. It lays out an action plan that is the most efficient way to achieve your goals. I don't think there is any other bootcamp that can actually make you into a paid remote developer in less than 2 months.

If you are like me and already know web development but want to start getting freelance gigs, Freemote can help you do that in just a few weeks. There is an amazing feeling of freedom and autonomy that comes from being able to get freelance gigs and help your clients. So if you have any interest in freelance/remote work, I would highly recommend you give it a shot.

Bottom line: 10/10 recommended!
  • Nick D  User Photo
    Nick D • Jr. Software Engineer • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    I struggled for years to find my passion but upon finding Aaron's YouTube channel, he convinced me to try out software development. His guidance put me on the right path after trying out many different careers and considering returning to a university or coding bootcamp. Starting my journey in September 2020, I followed the exact front end development path he laid out, going through Codecademy and buying courses on Udemy and even his JS Web Scraping course, all of which allowed me to make a solid resume of projects and start applying to jobs as early as April 2021. So of course, I was ecstatic to hear he was putting out this Freemote program and purchased it the first week it went live. I completed it in May 2021 with the hopes of applying my coding skills primarily as a freelance developer until I got a full time developer job.

Aaron and Jan have a unique teaching style that is more effective than the classes you would take at a 4-year university or 6-month coding bootcamp. With enough dedication and following their instructions, you can learn everything quickly at your own pace without wasting time. I've already made my money back from purchasing the course (and then some!) within the first month of freelancing. This program is definitely an investment you won't want to pass up.

As of June 2021 I am happy to say that I was hired as a Jr. Software Engineer making more money than ever, and have a successful side-hustle as a Shopify Developer due to this course. I've been hired 5 times on UpWork in only 21 proposals, and 2 jobs from direct outreach by following the strategies in the course. To give a little background, I had minimal/no prior programming knowledge prior to finding Aaron's YouTube channel, as I graduated with a Finance degree in 2017. I took courses including Freemote in my free time while working a full time job. Freemote is definitely the place to start building the foundation to your software development career.

A big thank you to Aaron and Jan!
  • Kaspars   User Photo
    Kaspars • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Freemote gives you exactly what you want out of a freelancing course and nothing less, without the fluff.

If you want to become a freelancer but you don't know where to start, Aaron and Jan will teach you everything you need to know in the most efficient way possible regardless of your level of previous experience, without overwhelming you.

It is amazing how much value is in this course: from the informational content to the ongoing practical support in the Facebook community, to access to Aaron and Jan's input. You can tell that this course is not an afterthought: Jan and Aaron genuinely care about the quality of the course, they listen to the feedback, and consequently, the value of the course just keeps increasing over time with additional content being added constantly.

I've seen other courses deliver their material in a tone-deaf way, without empathy or consideration for the beginner. Here, it is almost uncanny how well the instructors can intuit what will be perceived as challenging to inexperienced programmers.

Your confidence will be built gradually if you take this program the way it was meant to be taken. I went from being only somewhat familiar with the basic concepts of programming and web development, to knowing confidently that I can solve real-world problems with code, all in a fairly short amount of time.
  • Omar Ablao  User Photo
    Omar Ablao • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have always wanted to become a developer but I never really knew where to start. Whenever I would try a Udemy course or YouTube tutorial, I would not get the feedback I desired to know if I'm on track. I would spend days going back and forth thinking, "I can do this, I just have to push forward" then after a few days later feeling defeated and giving up.

That's when I came across Freemote, a Developer bootcamp designed to get you the skills you need to be a freelance developer. I had followed the founder of this camp on Youtube, Aaron Jack, and saw he actually made a course for us to learn online. I knew with his teaching background, he would be able to guide us and teach us the skills we need to progress. Aaron and Jan have been supportive during this journey and I have learned a lot more than I had on my own. Their style of teaching the content, having us do practice projects, then showing us how it is done has been amazing in getting the nuggets of knowledge stuck in my head.

The Freemote community is nothing but supportive. We share the struggles/experiences we are going through and there is always someone there to lend a hand. We even share resources that aid us all along the way such as icon generators, flexbox tips, box model tips, etc. It's nice to see there are others in the same boat as me coming from polar opposite industries to become a freelance web developer.

A little background on myself, I am doing this course part-time (2-3 hours a day) and I try to throw in a practice coding session in-between lessons so I don't forget the things I've learned. I may be progressing at a slower pace than others but I feel I am miles away from where I first started. Thanks Freemote!
  • Dex W  User Photo
    Dex W • Freelance Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I attended after going to a "full time", way more expensive coding bootcamp and could have saved about 20k by just going straight to Freemote. Is it challenging? Yes. But it got me the result I was looking for and if you listen to Aaron and Jan, you will too. Thank you Aaron and Jan!