freemote-logo

Freemote

Freemote

Freemote is a 7-week, self-paced, online Freelance Developer bootcamp. Freemote students will learn front end development, web development, how to set up Shopify stores, Shopify development, and how to contract, onboard, communicate, and deliver remote freelance developer services. Freemote curriculum is delivered through 200+ coding lessons, including tutorial videos, a built in code editor, quizzes and projects, 25+ hours of video content, and access to downloadable checklists, templates, and cheat sheets.

Freemote is open to all students, including beginners. Students may move through the bootcamp at a different pace depending on incoming technical skill level.

Freemote Freelance Developer bootcamp students will receive freelance portfolio and strategy training, a freelancing masterclass, and direct access to technical mentors and instructors via a Facebook community. Freemote students have lifetime access to the mastermind group and to bootcamp content, which is updated as needed to stay current with industry standards.

Freemote offers refunds when requested by email less than 60 days after purchasing the bootcamp and after completing less than half of the bootcamp content.

Recent Freemote Reviews: Rating 5.0

OnlinePart Time7 Weeks
    Monthly Payments Available
    Tuition PlansMonthly Payments Available
    Refund / Guarantee60 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Minimum Skill LevelFreemote is open to all students, including beginners.
  • Kaspars   User Photo
    Kaspars • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Freemote gives you exactly what you want out of a freelancing course and nothing less, without the fluff.

If you want to become a freelancer but you don't know where to start, Aaron and Jan will teach you everything you need to know in the most efficient way possible regardless of your level of previous experience, without overwhelming you.

It is amazing how much value is in this course: from the informational content to the ongoing practical support in the Facebook community, to access to Aaron and Jan's input. You can tell that this course is not an afterthought: Jan and Aaron genuinely care about the quality of the course, they listen to the feedback, and consequently, the value of the course just keeps increasing over time with additional content being added constantly.

I've seen other courses deliver their material in a tone-deaf way, without empathy or consideration for the beginner. Here, it is almost uncanny how well the instructors can intuit what will be perceived as challenging to inexperienced programmers.

Your confidence will be built gradually if you take this program the way it was meant to be taken. I went from being only somewhat familiar with the basic concepts of programming and web development, to knowing confidently that I can solve real-world problems with code, all in a fairly short amount of time.
  • Omar Ablao  User Photo
    Omar Ablao • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have always wanted to become a developer but I never really knew where to start. Whenever I would try a Udemy course or YouTube tutorial, I would not get the feedback I desired to know if I'm on track. I would spend days going back and forth thinking, "I can do this, I just have to push forward" then after a few days later feeling defeated and giving up.

That's when I came across Freemote, a Developer bootcamp designed to get you the skills you need to be a freelance developer. I had followed the founder of this camp on Youtube, Aaron Jack, and saw he actually made a course for us to learn online. I knew with his teaching background, he would be able to guide us and teach us the skills we need to progress. Aaron and Jan have been supportive during this journey and I have learned a lot more than I had on my own. Their style of teaching the content, having us do practice projects, then showing us how it is done has been amazing in getting the nuggets of knowledge stuck in my head.

The Freemote community is nothing but supportive. We share the struggles/experiences we are going through and there is always someone there to lend a hand. We even share resources that aid us all along the way such as icon generators, flexbox tips, box model tips, etc. It's nice to see there are others in the same boat as me coming from polar opposite industries to become a freelance web developer.

A little background on myself, I am doing this course part-time (2-3 hours a day) and I try to throw in a practice coding session in-between lessons so I don't forget the things I've learned. I may be progressing at a slower pace than others but I feel I am miles away from where I first started. Thanks Freemote!
  • Dex W  User Photo
    Dex W • Freelance Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I attended after going to a "full time", way more expensive coding bootcamp and could have saved about 20k by just going straight to Freemote. Is it challenging? Yes. But it got me the result I was looking for and if you listen to Aaron and Jan, you will too. Thank you Aaron and Jan!
  • Very Satisfied
    - 6/14/2021
    Steve DeLollis • Student
    The curriculum is streamlined yet thorough. The instructors are knowledgeable and articulate. The projects and quizzes support the learning process well, and the student community is extremely positive and supportive.
  • Craig M. • Student
    Aaron and Jan, have done an awesome job providing concise information on how to get started freelancing in a very specific way. This course is exactly what I was looking for when one of the Freemote ads "found" it's way to me. I had been helping a business owner with her Shopify store on the side, and was told about the demand for developers/experts needed for this kind of work. Having decided to start going through the platforms docs I felted I needed to find a way to cut through the "excess" material. About two weeks later I saw the ad through Faceook/Google. When I say Freemote is exactly what I was looking for, I mean it. These guys give plenty of projects for you to touch everything, but also help to dig deep into the niche. Watch some of the ads, and know this is very specific to Shopify and Freelancing. To Aaron and Jan, thanks for EVERYTHING you guys are doing awesome!
  • Pete • Student
    This course is a phenomenal value. I'd been trying to teach myself programming for the last five or six years, using udemy courses, youtube, freeCodeCamp, etc... and every time I would set it down for years or months because I couldn't figure out what exactly I should be doing and it was too hard to do everything by myself. While I'm not yet finished with the program, I can honestly say it's given me everything that's been missing from my previous attempts at self-teaching:
    • Personal interaction and community support
    • A clear, step-by-step learning path
    • Straightforward yet challenging course content that's constantly being improved and tweaked.
    Make no mistake, this is definitely a self-paced and challenging program. But there are so many opportunities to be in contact with peers and instructors who are taking the same journey that it doesn't ever feel like you're stuck doing any of this difficult work alone. I'd recommend this course to anyone who is motivated and curious about web development (specifically, front end development for ecommerce). It is worth every penny and then some!
  • Przemysław Tomczuk • Student
    Course is great, what I like about it the most is it's pragmatic money making oriented approach. You can probably learn how to code in a lot of other places, but there you not only learn how to code but most importantly how to get money out of what you learn and how to be self-reliant freelancer. Also I love about this course that it gets a lot of updates from it's creators. So whenever they get the idea that some part of this course can be better they just make it better. I bought this course in march and currently I have access to features and videos that wasn't there when I was buying. I would say this course is very time efficient and for determined persons that will listen to advices it will be perfect.
  • Daniel Town • Student
    Learning online is challenging, and it needs structure. Freemote provides alot of what I am desiring in an educational experience.
    I acquired freemote, so I could freelance in development, while I attended my online bachelor's in informatics/web development these next 4 years.
  • Daniel Mageo • Software QA Engineer • Student
    I love Freemote's clear and concise video instructions and learning materials which is very important to me.  I appreciate the amount of time and effort Aaron Jack and Jan Frey has put into to making this a great learning experience for beginning coders.  I especially love how the material is broken down to simple and  easy to understand language.  Prior to finding Freemote I had looked at well over 100 coding boot camps and Universities but I found  that Freemote has a unique approach to becoming a software engineer but more specifically a freelancer!
  • Derek Cornelison • Student
    I came in with a good amount of HTML, CSS, and Javascript knowledge, so I had a foundation when I started Freemote. The resources provided, combined with the space for current and past students to support each other, is without comparison for the price I paid. I highly recommend this course for aspiring freelancers. They cover all the bases. The work is not always easy, and they don't hold your hand, so only spend the money if you're serious.
  • Great Product
    - 6/10/2021
    Garry
    This is the best program to quickly become a high earning shopify developer(the hostest platform for developers right now). They don't waste your time teaching you things that you are not going to need. They spend all their attention getting you to leverage the information that they thaught you to: clone websites, build shopify stores, build portfolio website & set up upwork profile that attracts high paying clients.