Recent EpicU Reviews: Rating 3.0
Recent EpicU News
2 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Not much- 2/7/2016Anonymous • Graduate • Course: One Year Trade School • Campus: Dallas
I was accepted in the last cohort. I had three friends who were older than were not accepted. I asked them why and they told me they were too old. I would think was against the law.
Now the course is no where near bootcamp level and they do not give you enough hand holding, plus it is C#, come on really.
They do get you a free or paid interenship though. I think you could do this on your own though, just by searching Att etc.
It is only like 1.5 days a week for three months. You could get more on Codecademy in One day, all day if you wanted.
I wouldn't both because it is a waste of time. I refused the 15k salary offered me for an internship.
- Great For the Price- 6/8/2015Anonymous • Graduate • Campus: Dallas
Exactly like the title says, great for the price. Which is 0! Thats right, this bootcamp is completely free. Basically what to expect in EpicU is spending time in class watching beginner C# sharp videos with a mentor on hand. You will watch the video, do the challenge either in class(if the challenge is simple) or at home(if its a little more complex). The mentor is there so you can ask questions after watching the videos. There isn't much hand holding in the bootcamp. Occasionally you can get some assistance outside of class but for the most part you are on your own to study and figure out the homework assignments. I would definitely try to make friends in class as they will become great resources when doing your homework. This program is very very new so they are still working out the kinks and the best way to teach. After attending the bootcamp I was able to find entry level employment so that is a plus. If you show up and show eagerness and willingness to learn in and out of class then you will be successful.