Digital Science Academy
Digital Science Academy is a part-time game design bootcamp in Fort Worth, Texas. The year-long program is designed with working people in mind and teaches students to build game engines and interactive media using languages and tools like C++, Microsoft’s Visual Studio, Open Graphics Library (OpenGL), Blender 3-D, Lua, GLM, and Git version-control. Digital Science Academy was established in 2012 and uses a “flipped classroom” approach to teach game development.
Potential students should expect a web-based screening interview, then an assignment completed online. Admission decisions are made within a few days. To be eligible, students must be 18 years of age or older, have completed high school or possess a GED equivalent, and have some knowledge of computers. While college degrees are not required, students should have some basic computer skills which include: Microsoft Windows, internet browsing, files, and folders, sending and receiving an email, posting online content, online search engines, and use of electronic storage devices.
The faculty of Digital Science Academy is composed of full-time and part-time veterans in the game development industry. These instructors provide real-time support for the students. The student’s responsibility is to dedicate 20 to 30 hours per week to the program – which includes meeting on weekends for three hours on campus and for one hour online during the week. Upon graduation, students have a portfolio of games they’ve designed and own. Placement with gaming companies is provided for students completing the program.
Recent Digital Science Academy Reviews: Rating
Recent Digital Science Academy News
0 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.