data-science-dream-job-logo

Data Science Dream Job

Data Science Dream Job

Data Science Dream Job offers a self-paced online course to help aspiring data scientists land a job. The course includes 150 hours of material and covers goal setting, understanding the data science industry, technical skills, portfolio creation, personal branding, resume guidance, interview prep, and negotiation skills. Students learn via online videos, optional monthly mentoring calls, and participation in a student slack channel. Students receive weekly feedback on projects, assignments, and resumes. The course is designed and run by Kyle McKiou who used similar techniques to launch his own career in data science.

There is no admissions process to be admitted to Data Science Dream Job – there is open enrollment for anybody that wants to join. Applicants must fill out an online form and enter their payment information to begin the course.

Data Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course. The program provides guidance for students preparing their resumes, LinkedIn accounts, and Github profiles, as well as advice for interviewing, networking, and communicating with recruiters. Students will also receive preparation for technical screens, take-home assignments, and coding challenges.

Recent Data Science Dream Job Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (147) reviews for Data Science Dream Job →

Recent Data Science Dream Job News

• Full Course

Tuition PlansA 6-month payment plan to spread out the payments.
      Refund / GuaranteeData Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course.
      Minimum Skill LevelNone
      Prep WorkNone
    • Rutva Sutaria • Student
      I joined DSDJ in March 2020 and though I still have a long way to go before I finish the course, it has taught me so much about data science as well as life in general. All of Kyle's videos are motivating and inspire you.
    • Amazing
      - 6/15/2020
      Joshua Chadbourne
      Looking for a career change and this seems to give me the right guidance and tools to achieve that...

I have a lot to learn and all the support I need to be successful so here goes for the journey of becoming an data analyst
      - 6/12/2020
      Hemang Lakhani • Student
      I am following Data Scientist since very long time on Linkedin. I have come across many posts and many people with unique perspective for the Data Science. But what Kyle and team has put together is just out of this world. They don't teach a course like the one you will get in normal school. This is methodology to get success in any field you want. They took a very systematic approach to teach you to become independent learner. I enjoy learning their modules and they always keep you motivated to do more.

Pros:
      Highly responsive mentors
      Daily Office hours
      Regular Mentorship call
      Job search support
      much more...

Cons:
      Will update once found.

• Srisha • Student
      You will find being a part of the DSDJ community an asset at any point of time in your career - for two reasons 1) The community is really active and resourceful 2) The carefully curated modules that will assist you in every step of the way to land that dream job. For a newbie, it is the whole package since it helps you clearly define a roadmap and a plan of action. If you are relatively familiar with the domain, I wouldn't say the learning resources are out of the world but if you're looking to discover new avenues or simple have the smallest of issues with projects/ things that you are learning, the kind of support you will receive from the community is unmatched in terms of quality and the rate of response; support not just from the mentors, who I must say, are truly phenomenal, but also from all other members of the community.  There are no deadlines or someone to monitor you at every moment, DSDJ is as effective in bolstering your career as you make it.
    • John Q. • Principal Data Scientist • Student
      I first heard about DSDJ from a buddy, and I signed up to get more information and watch the initial videos. This put me onto a mail drip list -- which I have to admit made me think "ugh, someone watched too many marketing how-to infomercials" but each one had progressively more valuable nuggets. The important take-away is that at each step I felt I was getting something of value. If it feels a bit fuzzy early as to the specifics of a technical course outline, it's because this is not a pure technical line of learning; it's not a Galvanize or DataCamp sort of thing. (and thank goodness it's not).

While it took me a while to decide to join, I was immediately glad I did. The networking and mentoring aspects are my favorite parts. It's useful to keep in mind that the valuable piece here is the focus on mindset. The technical skills you pick up will be as good as other technical-only courses -- and in fact a lot of the technical skills you learn here will be by augmenting from other external free or semi-free courses, or books or other resources. So what you've really paid for is the guidance in what's useful to learn and in what order, as well as the DSDJ community which can help keep you focused. As is often the case in life, sometimes it's in learning what NOT to do that is the valuable skill. And a team legitimately cheering you on.

A piece of advice on pricing. As I mentioned, there was an initial "marketing" feel to it. After a bit I realized that if my feeling was right, it also meant that the first price mentioned wouldn't be the best deal and that lower prices would be available if I was patient. You know what I mean....along the lines of "you won't pay $100 for this, or even $75. And it'd be a bargain at $50. No, you'll pay just one easy payment of $29.99" When you hear a marketer say that, ignore all the earlier higher prices they yell out, they're just trying to psyche you up for the final price.  When I first signed up, IIRC, the "full retail value" was claimed to be ~$4995 which was "available to me" for $2995. See? making me think I'd be "saving" $2000. Nah, it's really just $2995, and the 4995 is marketing fluff. To be clear, in retrospect I feel even if I'd paid $2995 for DSDJ I'd still feel I've gotten good value.

Now, if the initial DSDJ price seems too steep, have patience. The email drip campaign will kick in and just make sure you watch any videos they send during this process and eventually you'll start seeing price decreases since your watching of the videos and etc will show you're still an active lead that merits a price discount. At some point there's a "6 easy payments" offer, though it means you'll pay ~20% more than if you pay things all at once.  So I'd skip that one. If you can wait 8-9-10 weeks, which is what I did, and keep opening the emails so they know you're active, you'll eventually be given an offer that is a vastly reduced number than the original bargain price. I still think it was worth it at the higher original price, it's just that once the discounts started to happen I knew there's never just one, so I held out for the biggie :).

(I'm purposely avoiding saying what was the final price I paid, because your mileage may vary. And it depends on your patience for a bargain.)
    • Data Scientist
      - 6/11/2020
      Manik • Data Scientist • Student
      It is definitely a one of a kind program available out there. No data science graduate degrees or Bootcamps come close to this program structure, content, mentorship level. This program can definitely have life-changing effects on an individual no matter what career they plan to pursue now or in the future. It immensely helped me transition into the field of data science. The guidance of the mentors and strength of the community is so unique that one does not really need to struggle alone. The founder of the program Kyle is one of the most amazing people to learn from and I had the privilege to directly learn from him. The program is very much practical in terms of guidance on job search and backed by some of the most amazing mentors in the team. Anyone struggling on how to land a job in data science even if you have a Masters in Data Science or not, this is the best place to be.
      - 6/6/2020
      Mranali Mehta • Student • Student
      Joined two months back. Still completing modules at my pace. But so far whatever I have learned is worth and it definitely helps in improving your process of becoming a data scientist.
    • Review
      - 5/24/2020
      Ajinkya Ambike • Student
      Its really a great institute to learn about data science and the job search techniques.
    • Sakiru Badmos • Graduate
      I joined the course about 6 months ago and my experience has be wonderful! I now have a structured path to my dream job. I am now ready to start applying for jobs, hopefully, I will get a job soon. Thank to Kyle and all mentors. They are wonderful people.
    • Ajay Sapkota • Student
      DSDJ is not only the institution for Data science but it will teach you proper method of learning. DSDJ will motivate you to study. DSDJ is one of the best platform to learn Data science in the world. DSDJ will teach you about team work. Most important things to remember is all team members of DSDJ are very helpful. Finally, i wanna say DSDJ is awesome.
    • Edgar D, Furtado • Data Scientist • Student
      I have been attending Data Science training since 2016. Kyle's training is world class, hands on, excellent training examples, easy to understand at any level, great mentoring, excellent training materials and it is for any aspiring data science individual. Kyle's training is world class it crosses barriers and obstacles that individuals face during an interview process.