Codecademy Pro Intensive
Codecademy Pro Intensive is the online, intensive, paid offering from Codecademy. Codecademy Pro Intensives are accelerated, high-touch programs that teach job-ready skills like web development, data science, and programming. Intensives are 6-10 weeks long and feature a rigorous curriculum with personalized support. Students choose from courses in topics like Programming with Python, Data Visualization with Python, and Build Websites from Scratch. While these Intensives are not instructor-led, Codecademy Pro Intensives are supported by a global community of coaches, advisors, and graduates.
Throughout the courses, students build real-world projects and build a capstone project. Successful graduates earn a certificate upon completion.
Recent Codecademy Pro Intensive Reviews: Rating 1.0
Recent Codecademy Pro Intensive News
Codecademy Pro Intensive Reviews
2 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
My main issue with this is that with pro intensive you get access to less modules/learning material than you do with Pro. Pro intensive costs more. Upon complaining, codeacademy claim that pro intensive is targetted at a basic level. However I would argue their wording is bad, and is false representation/misadvertisement of their products, as their website suggests pro intensive is the superior product.
In order to gain access to the 15% missing material, you then have to sign up and pay for Pro anyway, even though you've already completed 85% of the course with pro intensive.
In addition, there are quite a few errors, which the moderators agree with, but months later, nothing has changed on the course.
Disappointed as I would have been happy to have signed up to more with pro intensive, but not if I'm not going to get all the learning material.
I purchased an intensive for $199, which was advertised as "no prior knowledge required", in order to get certification students have to complete a final project that is beyond hard and is impossible to do with the instruction provided in the intensive.
The instruction was basic, completely inadequate, and at other times incomprehensible. Final project does not even begin to correspond to the material provided in the course, and certainly requires prior expertise to complete.
If you are attached to your sense of self-worth and your self-esteem at all, DO NOT buy their intensives.
Our latest on Codecademy Pro Intensive
Welcome to the July 2016 Course Report monthly coding bootcamp news roundup! Each month we look at all the happenings from the coding bootcamp world from new bootcamps to big fundraising announcements, to interesting trends. This month the biggest trends this month are initiatives to increase the diversity in tech, some huge investments in various bootcamps, and more tech giants launching their own coding classes. Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup Podcast!Continue Reading →