Codam is a tuition-free full-time, 3.5-year programming school in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Codam’s mission is to create an open-minded learning environment in which people, cultures and ideas come together, with the aim of taking computer science education to a higher level. Students at Codam experience peer-to-peer teaching through a game-based educational system and will be trained with real-world experience through internships and assignments from leading software companies. The curriculum includes around 100 projects and activities covering many aspects of computer science and programming, such as Unix programming, 3D programming, web programming and more. The program is broken into 5 parts – an introduction to programming, the basics of programming, the first internship, mastering programming and digital literacy, and the final internship.
The application procedure consists of four steps – registration via the website, two online test games, an introductory meeting: the 'Check-in' and a selection period: the 'Selection Piscine'. Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years old.
Codam does not work with class schedules or timetables. Instead, students are expected to reach specific milestones within a certain time, but how they do that is up to them. Projects have a recommended deadline but students develop their skills at their own pace. Located on the Marineterrein, in the heart of Amsterdam, Codam is amongst a growing number of tech initiatives and projects aiming to make open innovation possible. With great access to the technology community, Codam offers a safe and welcoming environment that is available for students 24/7.
Recent Codam News
- In Person
The curriculum includes around 100 projects and activities covering many aspects of computer science and programming, such as Unix programming, 3D programming, web programming and more. The program is broken into 5 parts – an introduction to programming, the basics of programming, the first internship, mastering programming and digital literacy, and the final internship.
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
0 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.