careers-in-code-logo

Careers in Code

Syracuse

Careers in Code

Careers in Code offers a 24-week, part-time, hybrid coding bootcamp aimed at women and minorities in the Central NY region affected by rising poverty rates and lack of access to education. Careers in Code helps students get the technical skills they need to obtain internships and entry-level software development positions with local employers.

The bootcamp curriculum covers topics like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, cryptography, cybersecurity fundamentals, Node, and React. Students will work on a capstone project throughout the course to give them experience with building a product.

Careers in Code is open to students with no experience in tech. To begin the application process, fill out the interest form on the website before completing the assigned pre-work. Next, applicants will participate in a Zoom interview before completing a short exercise. Finally, potential students will complete a take home test before receiving a decision.

Students will receive career support as part of the curriculum, and students will have access to Careers in Code’s network of employers.

The program is free to qualifying students, but opportunities are available to students who are not eligible for the tuition-free option.

Recent Careers in Code Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (3) reviews for Careers in Code →

Recent Careers in Code News

• Coding

React.js, Node.js, JavaScript, HTML, Front End, Data Structures, CSS, Cryptography
    LocationSyracuse
    Minimum Skill LevelCareers in Code is open to students with no coding experience.
  • HU CiC C2 Graduate
    - 3/20/2022
    La'Tonia Mertica • Full Stack Javascript Dev • Graduate
    Where I'd be in life at this moment had I not joined Careers in Code is something I can't imagine.

I started the program thinking I wouldn't finish. Some days it took all the strength I had to show up. I was always happy - relieved - I did. Those powering CiC always made me feel energized, inspiringly challenged, and ready to re-define (again and again) my self perceptions of what I can achieve. I appreciate their holistic approach. Constant encouragement. Vibrant support. These collective qualities allowed me to thrive. They equipped me with fundamentals, including a growth mindset, to be successful pursuing code/web dev.

Now I have opportunities that were once surreal. I have options. I've been able to create possibilities. It feels wonderful. More importantly to me, it feels reliable. I have skills and sights for better days that can't be taken away from me. Those powering CiC put me in a mental place to help make this my reality.

If you have a chance, at least try - you won't be alone. Those powering CiC will be there with you and if you put in the effort they won't disappoint in helping you through.
  • Graduate
    - 3/19/2022
    Dominique Wynn-Siver • Production Manager • Graduate
    Careers in Code restored my confidence and strength, allowing me to re-enter the coding field. I've always wanted to combine technology and design, but I've been told my ideas are stupid and not worth pursuing. Now that I've narrowed my attention to UI and UX Engineering, I don't think I'll be stopped. I was able to rediscover my enthusiasm for technology because to Careers in Code. As a UI/UX Engineer and artist, I can now enjoy designing while also improving the environment and my community.
  • Cohort
    - 3/18/2022
    Brandy M. • Graduate
    Before Careers in Code, I had a hard time grasping basic concepts in code and development. I was learning alone aimlessly, CiC gave me structure and an amazing team of instructors and valuable resources. Not once was I left to learn alone, being assured that even after graduating I can still reach out is invaluable. I am only greatful for the experience and look forward to pursuing the opportunities afforded for me to continue in fullstack development.