bethel-tech-logo

Bethel Tech

Bethel Tech

Bethel Tech offers 33-week part-time, full stack web development and data science bootcamps online. Bethel Tech is powered by Woz U and web development students will learn HTML, CSS, Java, Javascript, C#, and Ruby. The data science curriculum covers Python, R, SQL, and NoSQL with MongoDB and Node.JS. The Bethel Tech school was founded by Bethel Church and their mission is to bring the kingdom-minded individuals into the tech space and train them to serve companies with the wisdom, character, and power of a superior kingdom.

Bethel Tech courses are meant for those with no prior programming experience who wish to enter the tech industry. The application process for their programs starts by filling out an online form. A member of their staff will soon follow up with questions via email or telephone. If accepted, students are given payment options that may include financing options for those who need it.

To help students manage the cost of the program, Bethel Tech has partnered with Skills Fund to offer financing solutions. After graduation, Bethel Tech offers a Coder For Life program that grants students lifetime access to all of Bethel Tech’s courses. This includes current as well as future courses in emerging technologies, and ensures all graduates are set-up for long-term success at no additional cost. Graduates are given access to a community of professional developers who are available for consulting advice, job search tools, job placement assistance, and more.

Recent Bethel Tech Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (15) reviews for Bethel Tech →

Recent Bethel Tech News

• Data Science

MongoDB, Node.js, Python, R, SQL
      OnlinePart Time33 Weeks
      The data science curriculum Python, R, SQL, and NoSQL with MongoDB and Node.JS. The program also covers intimacy with the Lord, Supernatural Living, Kingdom Culture, Bible, Leadership, and Scripture.
      Financing is available via Ascent Funding
    • Full Stack Web Development

C#, CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Ruby
      OnlinePart Time33 Weeks
      A 33-week part-time, full stack web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, Java, Javascript, C#, and Ruby. The program also covers intimacy with the Lord, Supernatural Living, Kingdom Culture, Bible, Leadership, and Scripture.
      Financing is available via Ascent Funding
    • UI/UX

A 33-week part-time,
      Financing is available via Ascent Funding
    • Chad  User Photo
      Chad • UX Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Coming from a professional background in carpentry, with a bachelors degree in music, I had absolutely zero knowledge or experience in anything related to technology. Starting from the ground up in design fundamentals as a UI/UX student, I was exposed to how good design related to good design principles.

Then through a series of events, I had the opportunity to double-down on schooling and re-enroll in the Full Stack program Bethel Tech offered in order to help round out my skillset and give my designs the teeth it needed to be competitive.

Finally after 18 months, with both UI/UX design and Full Stack under my belt, I landed my first job interview with a VP of a tech company significantly invested in AI. That led into my technical interview the next day, thus subsequently being offered a full-time role as a User Experience Developer in React.

I completely shifted careers in my mid-thirties, married with three small kids. Over-doubling my salary in an entry level position, in a cutting edge field of Artificial Intelligence.

I owe every bit of gratitude to Bethel Tech!
    • Jason Walker  User Photo
      Jason Walker • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I worked full time and entered the coding program at Bethel in March of 2019.
       spent from March till December 2019 working through the program along with a great community of students and instructors there to support me anytime i needed it. I graduated in December 2019 and was employed as a Software Developer in February 2020!
      Great curriculum! = School of Technology
      Great community! = Bethel
      coding_bootcamp = Great community! + Great curriculum!
      print(coding_bootcamp)

• Eno Chen  User Photo
      Eno Chen • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

A year ago, I wrote in my Bethel Tech application, "I'd like to use the knowledge gained from this program to solve world problems, ie. eradicate diseases." I was dreaming of something way beyond myself.

Today, two weeks after my graduation, I received the welcome letter from the CEO of Seattle Children's Hospital. In it, he wrote, "You are now part of a world-class team on a mission: to prevent, treat and ultimately eliminate pediatric disease."

Right now, I sit in utter awe and thanksgiving.

Bethel Tech Data Science program not only equipped me with the skillset to obtain a job that fulfilled my dreams, I believe the greatest asset I’ve gained is a transformed mind.

Bethel Tech operates with intelligence, wisdom, and a golden heart. It is not hard to realize that the entire staff fiercely believes in us. And the student community they build is one that lasts. Every time I think this program can’t possibly get any better, they outdo themselves! It was through this program where I received the key to conquer my goliath: a life-long fear of driving.

I believe God chooses to partner with Bethel Tech to carry out His divine purposes in this generation. If you decide to do this program, it is not a matter of landing a job, but a matter of stepping into the job of your dreams.

Eno,

Your very life is a story to be shared. I love that you wrote the very specific purpose in the Bethel Tech application of your heart in eradicating diseases. The fact that the CEO of the Seattle Children's Hospital wrote the very mission statement to your calling and purpose is so inspiring. You made such an impact to your peer students, but to our staff as well. Thank you for letting us be part of your journey. We're so glad that you are part of the Bethel Tech family!
    • Kelsey Roche  User Photo
      Kelsey Roche • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from Bethel Tech December 2018. The skills I learned in this program have helped me in my job now and changed my perspective when it comes to the beautiful world of technology. This is not the usual school of technology you'd find, what makes Bethel Tech so unique is the foundation of faith that it's built on. It's the heart of the school that tugged on my dreams to come back alive. Now, with everything I've learned and applied, I'm seeing my dreams come true in my career. I feel so prepared to take any task that seems impossible because if everything I learned in my program! When I began the program I was in between beginner to intermediate knowledge of coding and computer language. Starting off the course, it's amazing because no matter where you stand in coding knowledge, they start you off with basics before you set on to do the language you applied for. My favorite part of being in this online school was the ability to connect with people from around the country and the amount of accountability and help I had. The coursework is challenging not impossible. Its repetition helped the information stay in my brain which helped me apply it easier. There are practice activities and assignments. While working on assignments your building your professional portfolio and have something to walk away with that employers will see and love! The instructors I worked with were part of WozU and were great at pushing you to seek the information on your own, but we're always willing to help. The workshops and endless resources helped and I was able to pass every assignment! Thank you to the amazing staff, pastors and mentors! I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for all of you dreaming big! I recommend this school to anyone who is looking to run after seeing God move in technology and seeing your dreams come to life. Big or small!

Hi Kelsey,

What a joy to see that you enjoyed Bethel Tech not just for the hard coding skills in developing your professional career, but also building connection to your own dreams and connection to people. It sounds like you felt championed and was successful due to the teams/connection you built to learn together! We've seen high success rates of our students due to the team work aspect. Thank you for sharing your heart!
    • Vince Oblak  User Photo
      Vince Oblak • Software Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

As the only faith-based coding boot camp, Bethel School of Technology teaches you to apply the biblical principles of a strong work ethic, honesty, character, and integrity to your job as a programmer. These are all skills that every employer wants. The coursework is up to date and cutting edge, reflecting what is actually being used in the industry right now.  The support you get from staff and fellow students alike are amazing!  The retention rate is high, and over 80% of grads get hired within 120 days of graduation. I cannot recommend this school enough!  It has my full endorsement.

Vince,

You were a student that got a job before even graduating! I'm glad to see you take pride in Bethel Tech's program. Employers say you can teach skills, but you can't teach integrity and character. Every department sang praises about you too! Seeing your life gives others courage and hope that anything is possible and that Bethel Tech is not just a coding skills bootcamp. You are a representation of a Bethel Tech star and alumni!
    • Brendon Worth  User Photo
      Brendon Worth • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Bethel Tech is an awesome boot camp! I was brand new to technology before I started and through the courses I now feel confident in my skills as a developer. The best part about Bethel Tech is that you  are not just number but they treat you as a real person and work hard to ensure you feel community with fellow students and teachers throughout the program. They also go above and beyond in making sure you have the support you need to succeed in the program and beyond. I now have an amazing remote job using the skills I learned as a student making a dramatic amount more than I would have had o not joined the school.

Thursday, Nov 07 2019
      Brendon,

Thank you for this review! I'm glad you weren't just a number, but you had personal connection and community throughout this course. I'm glad to see you feel more confident as a developer and you're using your skills! I'm glad you're staying connected even after the bootcamp finished. You build/spread hope, belonging, and confidence. You're a strong developer and we're glad to see you thriving.

-Sarah
    • DO BETHEL TECH!
      - 1/1/2022
      Kelsey Gunkel • Graduate
      Coming from a learn-on-the-go and minimal experience in the design field, Bethel Tech surpassed the work field in UI/UX Design. I was able to take all of the skills as I was learning, not even waiting until graduation, to impact the design field with current clients and elevate everything I was doing. This presented new opportunities and growth in ways I could never have imagined. I am beyond grateful for the continued support of the instructors and staff and the experience I had through this program. Nothing compares to it.
    • Reuben Olumese • Graduate
      Bethel School of Technology, in my opinion, offers the perfect environment for all ranges of aspiring Technologist - from Beginner to Expert. The curriculum is designed to ensure a wholistic approach to preparing students for the "real world" - something that not very many other boot camps or indeed educational institutions do too well. Bethel Tech's emphasis on the development of one's character and technical skills is indeed a breadth of fresh air - producing the quality of leaders and professionals needed in a Tech-driven world. Being admitted to Bethel Tech was one of the proudest days of my life - more so being an alumni as I know that I remain an integral part of a rapidly growing family of tech enthusiast and revolutionaries. I cannot recommend Bethel School of Technology highly enough - it is indeed an experience I will forever be grateful for!

Pros include (but not limited to the following):
      - Ideal course duration guaranteeing ample coverage and exposure to critical areas
      - Readily and easily approachable Staff
      - Great student body and community

Cons include:
      This is more of a recommendation (as opposed to a con). I would love to see students given more real life/world challenges for their weekly and final projects. Perhaps, Bethel Tech could partner with organisations in identifying areas where they have challenges, and then pass those issues over to the student body/community to come up with solutions.
    • Raymond Albright • SDET • Graduate
      Was skeptical at first, but once I joined Bethel and got to see the courses first hand, I was amazed at the intuitive layout of the courses, and the hands on approach and philosophies of the school. The teachers were available when needed, the student to student support is highly encouraged, and career services was right there even before the time for it came.
    • Grant Scrits • Software Engineer • Graduate
      I took the Full-Stack course, so this is coming from that perspective.

This is a Christian coding bootcamp that is entirely online, and based out of Redding, California. I believe they are associated with the Bethel church and partnered with the Visible Music College in Tennessee.

The people are awesome and do their best to help you even if they don't always have the answer. They work to help you succeed in gaining new skills and starting new careers.

BOOTCAMP:

Starting the bootcamp, you have a choice of several different front-end and back-end web technologies and can mix-and-match your curriculum. I chose React for my front-end framework and Java for the backend.

I was then assigned an instructor and met with them along with several other students who (iirc) were studying the same technology once a week for an hour. Some were several modules ahead, and some were behind, meaning that we didn't all start at the exact same time and could offer help to and get help from our peers.

The curriculum was pretty well paced, was very relevant, and has been incredibly useful to me. To be critical, I feel as though some things that were focused on were either out-of-date ways of doing things or very advanced methods that aren't quite necessary and aren't common. I don't know which of the two yet. Another issue was that some of the materials weren't updated or were confusing/incorrect (especially during the assignment instructions), leading to some frustration. Overall, don't misunderstand, the curriculum was good and it was taught well. I highly recommend this bootcamp. Those were just my only two complaints.

There's also a Career Services team that starts to work with you a few months before your graduation. They work on interviewing skills, updating and overhauling your resume, and giving you tips on what interviewers want to see. They also host graduates and guest speakers a few times a month to speak about their journey in the workforce, give tips on interviewing in general or for specific companies (big names included), and have an AMA segment for the students watching.

I believe the Career Services team and the guest speakers are available to graduates as well, not just current students.

Lastly, the final project is a group project where you're assigned several teammates. You work on project management, team management, and development skills over a month to develop a final Full-Stack application. You also make a few friends along the way. :)

POST-BOOTCAMP:

During and after graduation, I spent about one month (iirc) applying to 42+ jobs and speaking with 20 recruiters. Only one company responded with a follow-up. But, by that point, I had received a job offer. This company reached out to me after receiving my resume from my Career Services instructor. Thanks to my CS instructors, I got an interview and a few follow-ups before I received a job offer and eventually took the job.
    • Epi Martinez • Software Developer • Graduate
      I entered Bethel Tech with no coding background. I only had interest and curiosity to learn coding and possibly find a career in the tech industry. When I started, I found myself quickly doubting my ability to learn coding with the amount of time that I had. What Bethel Tech provided was a great community of instructors, mentors and fellow students that helped me from doubting to confidence. Even when outside circumstances in my life brought hesitation with me completing Bethel Tech, I found so much support from my instructors, mentors and fellow students to keep moving forward. With their help and support, I was able to make it through Bethel Tech and graduate. Not only did I graduate, but I was also able to find my first coding job a month after graduation! I'm truly grateful for Bethel Tech for the opportunity to see my dreams come true!

• Andrew Searcy • UI Developer • Student

The program is definitely challenging and really taught me the importance of time management and discipline. All things that I will need in my future employment and life.

Bethel Tech was by far one of the best things that has happened in my life.

The course work is challenging but extremely applicable.  The instructors care about your success and it's evident in every conversation.  The community that is established at Bethel Tech is solid and always ready and willing to help.  Whether that's in course work, prayer, or job hunting.  Because of the preparation Bethel Tech provides as a software developer, I landed my first job in my dream city as a UI Developer before I even graduated the program.

Before Bethel Tech I was confused about what my future looked like in any aspect.  Now I can't imagine my life without Bethel Tech.  The opportunity I now have has changed my families life forever.

if your thinking about the program. DO IT!!

Thursday, Nov 07 2019
      Andrew,

What a statement to say that this was the best thing that happened in your life! I like seeing that this helped you with time management as well, as many of us can improve on. I'm glad that you taking this course not only affected you, but changed your family's life. You carry such  hope and your employer must be very happy to have you.

-Sarah