bethel-tech-logo

Bethel Tech

Bethel Tech

Bethel Tech offers 33-week part-time, full stack web development and data science bootcamps online. Bethel Tech is powered by Woz U and web development students will learn HTML, CSS, Java, Javascript, C#, and Ruby. The data science curriculum covers Python, R, SQL, and NoSQL with MongoDB and Node.JS. The Bethel Tech school was founded by Bethel Church and their mission is to bring the kingdom-minded individuals into the tech space and train them to serve companies with the wisdom, character, and power of a superior kingdom.

Bethel Tech courses are meant for those with no prior programming experience who wish to enter the tech industry. The application process for their programs starts by filling out an online form. A member of their staff will soon follow up with questions via email or telephone. If accepted, students are given payment options that may include financing options for those who need it.

To help students manage the cost of the program, Bethel Tech has partnered with Skills Fund to offer financing solutions. After graduation, Bethel Tech offers a Coder For Life program that grants students lifetime access to all of Bethel Tech’s courses. This includes current as well as future courses in emerging technologies, and ensures all graduates are set-up for long-term success at no additional cost. Graduates are given access to a community of professional developers who are available for consulting advice, job search tools, job placement assistance, and more.

Recent Bethel Tech Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (6) reviews for Bethel Tech →

Recent Bethel Tech News

• Data Science

MongoDB, R, Python, SQL, Node.js
      Start Date January 13, 2020
      The data science curriculum Python, R, SQL, and NoSQL with MongoDB and Node.JS. The program also covers intimacy with the Lord, Supernatural Living, Kingdom Culture, Bible, Leadership, and Scripture.
      Financing is available via Skills Fund and Meritize.
    • Full Stack Web Development

HTML, C#, JavaScript, CSS, Ruby
      Start Date January 13, 2020
      A 33-week part-time, full stack web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, Java, Javascript, C#, and Ruby. The program also covers intimacy with the Lord, Supernatural Living, Kingdom Culture, Bible, Leadership, and Scripture.
      Financing is available via Skills Fund and Meritize.
      February 3, 2020 - Online

March 23, 2020 - Online
      May 4, 2020 - Online

• Kelsey Roche  User Photo
      Kelsey Roche • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from Bethel Tech December 2018. The skills I learned in this program have helped me in my job now and changed my perspective when it comes to the beautiful world of technology. This is not the usual school of technology you'd find, what makes Bethel Tech so unique is the foundation of faith that it's built on. It's the heart of the school that tugged on my dreams to come back alive. Now, with everything I've learned and applied, I'm seeing my dreams come true in my career. I feel so prepared to take any task that seems impossible because if everything I learned in my program! When I began the program I was in between beginner to intermediate knowledge of coding and computer language. Starting off the course, it's amazing because no matter where you stand in coding knowledge, they start you off with basics before you set on to do the language you applied for. My favorite part of being in this online school was the ability to connect with people from around the country and the amount of accountability and help I had. The coursework is challenging not impossible. Its repetition helped the information stay in my brain which helped me apply it easier. There are practice activities and assignments. While working on assignments your building your professional portfolio and have something to walk away with that employers will see and love! The instructors I worked with were part of WozU and were great at pushing you to seek the information on your own, but we're always willing to help. The workshops and endless resources helped and I was able to pass every assignment! Thank you to the amazing staff, pastors and mentors! I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for all of you dreaming big! I recommend this school to anyone who is looking to run after seeing God move in technology and seeing your dreams come to life. Big or small!

• Vince Oblak  User Photo
      Vince Oblak • Software Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

As the only faith-based coding boot camp, Bethel School of Technology teaches you to apply the biblical principles of a strong work ethic, honesty, character, and integrity to your job as a programmer. These are all skills that every employer wants. The coursework is up to date and cutting edge, reflecting what is actually being used in the industry right now.  The support you get from staff and fellow students alike are amazing!  The retention rate is high, and over 80% of grads get hired within 120 days of graduation. I cannot recommend this school enough!  It has my full endorsement.

• Brendon Worth  User Photo
      Brendon Worth • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Bethel Tech is an awesome boot camp! I was brand new to technology before I started and through the courses I now feel confident in my skills as a developer. The best part about Bethel Tech is that you  are not just number but they treat you as a real person and work hard to ensure you feel community with fellow students and teachers throughout the program. They also go above and beyond in making sure you have the support you need to succeed in the program and beyond. I now have an amazing remote job using the skills I learned as a student making a dramatic amount more than I would have had o not joined the school.

Brendon,

Thank you for this review! I'm glad you weren't just a number, but you had personal connection and community throughout this course. I'm glad to see you feel more confident as a developer and you're using your skills! I'm glad you're staying connected even after the bootcamp finished. You build/spread hope, belonging, and confidence. You're a strong developer and we're glad to see you thriving.

• Andrew Searcy • UI Developer • Student

The program is definitely challenging and really taught me the importance of time management and discipline. All things that I will need in my future employment and life.

Bethel Tech was by far one of the best things that has happened in my life.

The course work is challenging but extremely applicable.  The instructors care about your success and it's evident in every conversation.  The community that is established at Bethel Tech is solid and always ready and willing to help.  Whether that's in course work, prayer, or job hunting.  Because of the preparation Bethel Tech provides as a software developer, I landed my first job in my dream city as a UI Developer before I even graduated the program.

Before Bethel Tech I was confused about what my future looked like in any aspect.  Now I can't imagine my life without Bethel Tech.  The opportunity I now have has changed my families life forever.

if your thinking about the program. DO IT!!

Andrew,

What a statement to say that this was the best thing that happened in your life! I like seeing that this helped you with time management as well, as many of us can improve on. I'm glad that you taking this course not only affected you, but changed your family's life. You carry such  hope and your employer must be very happy to have you.

• Ryan Tims • Student

Before attending Bethel School of Technology I had  zero experience in software development and I never really even felt drawn towards learning tech. The program and the staff at Bethel Tech not only met me where I was at, they personally encouraged and empowered me to believe that I could thrive and excel as a developer.  Not only have I exceeded all of my own expectations in regards to learning how to code, I feel like I have learned how to think and problem solve in totally new ways. Attending Bethel Tech has been an incredible blessing to my life. I have gained so much wisdom and understanding. I was concerned about how it would look to go back to school while raising kids and being a husband, but even my family would tell you it has been life giving to them as well based off the impact it has had on me. You will not find better staff and support anywhere. This school will change you and equip you to not only be an amazing leader in the workforce, but also an amazing leader for your family and community.

Ryan,

I'm so glad to hear about your experience during Bethel School of Technology's program! We pride ourself in creating connections and community. You were such an excellent student. I'm glad you were blessed and felt supported. The face that your own family, wife and kids, said it's been life giving for them means there was an amazing transformation and blessing in your life while taking our course! You are a leader of leaders Ryan!

• Ezrah Nyanat • Graduate

Two years ago when I decided I wanted to jump into web/software development as a career, I was needing some structure in my learning and was choosing between a local bootcamp vs Bethel Tech's (BT) online program. What drew me to choose BT was the spiritual curriculum that was offered alongside the full stack coding curriculum, as well as the flexibility that an online program offered timewise (meaning I could go through the course on my own time but was still offered structure).

BT's coding curriculum was pretty fast paced. The curriculum was broken up into multiple modules covering various of topics and domains within web and software development, approximately 2 weeks per module that leads up to a final group project. Knowing now how much there is to know about a single topic, BT's coding curriculum was a decent introduction to a wide breadth of topics in the software world that helped me begin my understanding and also exposed me to domains that I did not know much about before taking the course.

BT's spiritual curriculum was extremely rich. It consisted of reading books and watching the related video teachings, as well as meeting (online) one hour a week with our cohort group and pastor. It was amazing to me how intentional and worshipful the community that formed, even though it was all done via an online medium. The coding curriculum was what I wanted, but the spiritual curriculum was what I needed. It helped me further experience the intersection of work and spirituality. Having a healthy spiritual life allows me to have a healthy work life. Going through BT was more than just a career switch, though it definitely involved learning how to learn a new skill, but it was also learning how to approach it from a heart posture of knowing God and knowing myself, and being free from unhealthy thinking and beliefs. We learned values of the kingdom of God, what it means to carry a culture of honor into any sphere of life we find ourselves in which includes the work space, and to gain a vision for God's work of redemption and renewal in society and learn our role in it.

As long as BT exists, it will never stop improving. I appreciated the way staff and faculty cared about what we thought about the program and were listening to our feedback and were improving our experience even while we were going through it. One of the best things about BT is that alumni is still connected to each other and the community of staff, faculty, mentors and students, encouraging and supporting each other, sharing knowledge, and even sharing tips for the interview and job hunt process! Overall it was a great experience, and I've gained a lifelong community to walk with in my career journey.