avocademy-logo

Avocademy

Average Rating4.81
390 Reviews
2 Courses
Avocademy’s core program is an 8-week UX/UI Foundations course. Each expert-curated lesson in the curriculum builds on the previous content, helping students gain the knowledge and skill required to land a Junior UX/UI Designer job in a relatively short time frame. The UX/UI Foundations lessons consist of video and reading material. After learning key concepts and best practices, students test their knowledge by completing activities rooted in real-world UX/UI deliver...

390 Avocademy Reviews

• Noureen Khan
    Sep 14, 2023

From education to tech

I recently finished Avocademy's bootcamp, and it was a real game-changer for me. The instructors weren't just knowledgeable; they genuinely cared about teaching. They patiently answered all my questions and concerns, making their mentorship incredibly valuable. The hands-on projects boosted my confidence, and with the supportive community and career services, I smoothly transitioned from education to a tech career. Now, I proudly work as a Web Designer at a top internet marketing agency ...
  • Taite S
    Sep 14, 2023

supportive, it works, and they care!

I took both UX/UI Foundations and Career Jumpstart from Avocademy. I am happy to say that I graduated from career jumpstart with a full time job and a dramatic increase in my salary! The mentors at Avocademy truly care and they provide valuable feedback on the deliverables we made for projects and also valuable advice during the job search process.
  • Katherine Dorny
    Sep 11, 2023

Overall a great experience

This was a great foundation course for UX skills. The curriculum is very up to date on industry best practices and full of helpful resources. I learned a lot and got lots of hands-on experience in all steps of the design process.
  • Kevin Catanella
    UX/UI Designer • Graduate • UX/UI Design Foundations • Online
    Sep 01, 2023

Great Information and Lots of Help

This boot camp taught me everything I needed to know. The mentors are very responsive, and help you every step of the way. The only issue I had was after I finished the boot camp my portfolio wasn't large enough to really grab the attention of employers. Other than that I highly recommend the course.
  • Tenzin T
    Aug 30, 2023

Avocademy Ux/UI Foundations Program

I am glad I joined the Avocademy Ux/UI program, I learned a lot of new skills from the course and from mentor's feedbacks. It really built my foundations in becoming a great Ux/UI designer. Thanks Avocademy!
  • Rebecca Wilson
    UX Designer • Graduate • Career Jumpstart • Online
    Aug 29, 2023

Avocademy is top notch!

Avocademy is absolutely amazing! I took the Foundations course, in which I learned the foundations of UX/UI. From there, I enrolled in the Career Jumpstart. Both of these programs helped me build skills while working on real-life projects. They offered unlimited 1 on 1  mentorship. Additionally, they helped equip me with how to build my portfolio and resume, as well as helping me prepare for interviews as I transitioned careers. You will not be disappointed with Avocademy.
  • CJ
    Student • UX/UI Design Foundations • Online
    Jul 14, 2023

Don't recommend

I had a pretty frustrating experience with Avocademy. Last year when I was in-between jobs, I thought I'd give UX a shot and signed up for Avocademy since everyone seemed to rave about it. However, just two days after the withdrawal deadline, I got this awesome job offer in a completely different field. I knew right away I wouldn't have the time for the course, so I asked for a refund. I mean, come on, I barely missed the deadline and hadn't even started the darn thing! But they were tot...

Jul 26, 2023

We’re sorry that you had a negative experience with Avocademy. While we’re sensitive to your unique situation, it’s important that we adhere to the terms and conditions of the enrollment agreement. Though we were unable to issue a refund, we granted an extension in hopes that it would help to make things a little easier for you. While we know that this was not the desired result, we hope that you can understand our need to maintain consistency and equality. We appreciate you sharing your perspective with us. Congratulations on your new position!
  • Daniela Perilla
    UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Career Jumpstart • Online
    Jul 06, 2023

Best decision

This bootcamp has been the best decision I have ever made. The Foundations course is great for learning all the basics and applying the concepts to your project. The Carrer Jumpstart is an excellent program where you get to work on real-life projects and learn to be a good team player as a designer. The best part is the academy's support - they set you up for success. Design and career mentorship are always available and they are all super nice! I found a great job within 3 months of app...
  • Caitlin Coyne
    Jun 26, 2023

Not Positive

after not getting a job with months and months of applying, they just kind of abandon you. they're realistic that you will need to apply to a ton of jobs--which I have, over 2k--but im not getting any interviews or offers or anything. i've expressed my disappointment and frustration, especially since i now have to pay 8k i don't have with a job i was supposedly going to get with this boot camp. it feels incredibly shitty to not only not have a job after all this hard work, but also now o...

Jul 26, 2023

We’re sorry that you had a negative experience with Avocademy. Honesty and transparency are very important to us and we strive to set students up for success. Though rare, if students do experience trouble when searching for jobs, we offer countless hours of personalized support to help them navigate. If requested, our team of mentors will help comb through your portfolio, resume, and previous projects to see if adjustments can be made. We have mentors who will meet with students one-on-one for interview guidance, and we also have a system for students to connect with others to help support them through the process. Your success is extremely important to us. Please reach out to us directly to get connected to these resources to help you succeed.
  • Diego M
    Student • Career Jumpstart • Online
    Jun 26, 2023

Took my money and ran

I had high hopes for this program but it hasnt worked out for me. They screwed me over with not getting me the job guarantee that they advertise. They told me I didn't start the job search within a certain time even though it was out of my control because the projects were being delayed. Basically, you have to do things within a certain amount of time. But what happened when the client delays, or the mentor delays to approve your work. My job search gets delayed which meant I wouldn't ge...

Jul 26, 2023

We’re sorry that you had a negative experience with Avocademy. It’s important to our program that we implement timelines for the students to complete their tasks, so that they can push themselves to get the experience they need to begin applying for jobs. Our requirements are listed in the enrollment agreement which all students sign prior to beginning the course and student timelines are generated early on, so that everyone has visibility to their deadlines. Though not easy, thousands of students consistently meet their timelines without issue. Those that do experience delays can always reach out to request an extension, which may be granted on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions about the policy, please reach out to our team directly so we can assist.
  • K. C.
    Student • UX/UI Design Foundations • Online
    Jun 22, 2023

Mediocre Bootcamp

Avocademy Review - May 2023
    For some context, I started the course in May and I'm 70% of the way done. Here are my pros and cons:Pros:-Cheaper than average bootcamp price-video tutorials are easy to watch-while the grading is hard, it produces a strong end product for assignmentsCons:

Jul 26, 2023

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your detailed thoughts and experience about the Avocademy course. Feedback from dedicated learners like you is integral to the continuous refinement and improvement of our offerings.

We are glad to hear that you have found value in our competitive pricing, our user-friendly video tutorials, and our commitment to helping you create strong end-products. However, we also understand your concerns about the grading process and mentor interactions.

At Avocademy, our grading system is designed to adhere to a well-structured rubric that each mentor follows. This ensures a standard of quality in evaluating student assignments, and it's this commitment to high quality that ensures our students walk away with great case studies that are representative of their abilities.

We truly believe that the multitude of perspectives you gain from interacting with different mentors simulates the realities of the design world, where a design's evaluation isn't confined to one person's view, as design in itself can be inherently subjective. This process, while it may seem challenging, is intended to prepare you for the diverse opinions and feedback that you might face in your future career.

That being said, we acknowledge your suggestion about having a single mentor per activity for consistency in grading and evaluation. This perspective is valuable, and we will certainly take it into consideration as we look at ways to enhance our grading system.

Also, we understand your desire for more comprehensive tutorials that cover all the aspects of an assignment. We always aim to strike a balance between providing comprehensive guidance and encouraging independent learning and problem-solving skills, but your feedback will certainly inform our approach moving forward.

• Giancarlo Russo
    Jun 08, 2023

Great experience

I started avocademy to change careers and had a great experience and learned alot from all of the mentors in the program. I started foundations in October of 2022 and am currently about to finish the career Jumpstart course. I highly recommend avocademy for anyone looking into a ux/ui design career. Avocademy allows you to have a pretty flexible schedule and learn at your own pace.

Avocademy Alumni Outcomes

Recent Avocademy News

Rachel Meltzer
Rachel Meltzer
Updated December 15, 2021
If you re a creative problem-solver, then a career in design may be for you! But how do you choose between a career in web design versus a career in user experience (UX) design? Since these two career paths are both user-focused, they have many similarities, but we re breaking down the nuanced differences between web designers and UX designers to help you find the better fit for you! Find out how these two careers differ, what the daily life of web designers and UX designers look like, ...
Jess Feldman
Jess Feldman
Updated August 27, 2020
Course Report August 2020 Coding Bootcamp News Over 100M was invested in coding bootcamps this August! We cover those fundraises and why coding bootcamps are looking so appealing to investors these days. This month, we also saw new research about the rising interest in gap years and the demand for upskilling, and how coding bootcamps are uniquely positioned to meet both of those needs. August marks the Women s Vote Centennial in the U.S., and we uncovered advice on how tech can ...
Locations
Career tracks

Avocademy Alumni Reviews Summary

Based on 370+ Avocademy alumni reviews on Course Report, the school is praised for its comprehensive UX/UI Design Foundations course, offering practical learning and effective mentorship. One student shares, "Avocademy was a life-changing experience that helped me land my first tech job." However, there are concerns about the job guarantee program's conditions, with a student noting challenges faced after course completion.