avocademy-logo

Avocademy

Average Rating4.81
390 Reviews
2 Courses
Avocademy’s core program is an 8-week UX/UI Foundations course. Each expert-curated lesson in the curriculum builds on the previous content, helping students gain the knowledge and skill required to land a Junior UX/UI Designer job in a relatively short time frame. The UX/UI Foundations lessons consist of video and reading material. After learning key concepts and best practices, students test their knowledge by completing activities rooted in real-world UX/UI deliver...

390 Avocademy Reviews

Ellen Shin
    Aug 21, 2022

UX/UI Foundations

This bootcamp honestly exceeded my expectations and it's really given me skills that would have taken me so long to learn on my own. Avocademy is not only much cheaper compared to other bootcamps out there, but the community is also a lot more tight-knit, with helpful mentors and a well thought-out course. I can tell that the people in charge really care about the quality of work from students, which encourages me to do my best as well. I would highly recommend for anyone who is serious ...
    Diego
    Macias
    Aug 21, 2022

UX/UI Foundations

I had such a great experience with Avocademy! The course follows a self-paced model, but offers meetings with the course mentors, which makes the experience adaptable to your learning style. The material is rigorous and focuses on the why behind the design process. By the end of the course, I had a solid understanding of UX, UX research, and UI as well as a project added to my portfolio.
    Lauren
    Graphic Designer • Student • UX/UI Design Foundations • Online

Amazing Support for the Price

I am so glad that I choose Avocademy as my UX bootcamp. The initial foundations curriculum is very extensive while still being able to complete in a few months. Definitely take advantage of the many mentors available who currently work as UX designers! I learned so much just from asking a ton of questions. The Career Jumpstart (the second bootcamp after foundations) has been an invaluable program experience working directly with clients while having unlimited support from mentors. I feel...
    Holly Darrah

UX / UI Foundations Course

I joined the UX / UI Foundations Course in March of 2022. I found the academy through TikTok and I was hesitant at first but for the price and the deliverables I felt Avocademy was best fitted for me. The course is structured by modules - and if you've ever had any online school it is very similar to how those modules are set up. All the lessons are broken down into clear lessons and instructions for activities. However, if you have a hard time theres a plethora of people you can reach o...
    Alvaro Caceres
    UX Designer • Student • UX/UI Design Foundations • Online

UX/UI Foundations

Foundations course that showed me basics of Research, Designing,  Prototyping, and User Testing using different tools such as Miro, Figma, and Invision. The course takes 8 months to complete and it's completely self paced. The mentors go above and beyond to help you understand the skills needed to be a UX/UI designer.
    Annie

UX/UI Foundations

I was at a point in my life where I knew I needed to make a career change, but didn't have any idea where to begin. I saw a TikTok about Avocademy and the rest was history. The course is very reasonably priced and what you get for your money is incredible. I feel confident in beginning my career in UX/UI Design & my skillset because of Avocademy.
    oliver wagner

ux/ui foundations

This is an excellent course for getting up to speed on the basics of UX/UI. Especially if you're comfortable working on your own. If you're not, there are plenty of opportunities to interact with instructors. I found all of the instructors to be thoroughly knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to break into this field.
    Emily lopez

Student

It has been such a nice experience working with Avocademy ! They are super hands on in the process of learning UX. The only regret I have is not joining sooner.
    Savannah
    Lead UX Designer • Graduate • Career Jumpstart • Online
    Aug 10, 2022

Amazing Value and Experience

I think Avocademy is a GREAT value for the money. They provide lots of help, are remote, and their Career Jumpstart program helps you through the job application process seamlessly, and with lots of support. AND you get to work with real clients on real projects, which really gives you credibility when you apply to jobs. If you follow their steps, there is a 100% job placement rate. I'm not sure how it gets much better than that.
    Sarita
    UX Designer • Graduate • Career Jumpstart • Online
    Jul 29, 2022

Avocademy Foundations and Career Jumpstart program

From no knowledge at all to now being a full-time employed UX Designer in a total of 9 months.
    From my experience, this particular BootCamp sets you up for success.

The course is designed to teach you how to find information for yourself.  There was always a mentor available if I needed someone to "hold my hand" so to speak if I really didn't understand a topic.   But the course walked you thr...
    Hana
    UX Designer • Graduate • Career Jumpstart • Online
    Jun 30, 2022

From Career Jumpstart to landing a job

I joined Career Jumpstart in February 2022, began applying to jobs on June 9th, and signed a job offer on June 30th.

I can't express enough gratitude for this program. The real-life experience that this program affords you is vital for actually landing a job. There are tons of interesting projects to work on and many skilled mentors that will ensure you deliver quality products. Case-in-point: the company that ultimately hired me was won over by the high-quality portfolio that Av...
    Bre Trejos
    Student • UX/UI Design Foundations • Online
    Jun 29, 2022

UX/ UI Foundations

Amazing amazing amazing. There is always an opportunity for open discussion regarding the assignment either with a mentor or other students. Ive never taken a course like this before and was worried I would have any guidance but that's just not the case!! I would and do recommend this course!

Avocademy Alumni Outcomes

Recent Avocademy News

Rachel Meltzer
Rachel Meltzer
Updated December 15, 2021
If you re a creative problem-solver, then a career in design may be for you! But how do you choose between a career in web design versus a career in user experience (UX) design? Since these two career paths are both user-focused, they have many similarities, but we re breaking down the nuanced differences between web designers and UX designers to help you find the better fit for you! Find out how these two careers differ, what the daily life of web designers and UX designers look like, ...
Jess Feldman
Jess Feldman
Updated August 27, 2020
Course Report August 2020 Coding Bootcamp News Over 100M was invested in coding bootcamps this August! We cover those fundraises and why coding bootcamps are looking so appealing to investors these days. This month, we also saw new research about the rising interest in gap years and the demand for upskilling, and how coding bootcamps are uniquely positioned to meet both of those needs. August marks the Women s Vote Centennial in the U.S., and we uncovered advice on how tech can ...
Locations
Career tracks

Avocademy Alumni Reviews Summary

Based on 370+ Avocademy alumni reviews on Course Report, the school is praised for its comprehensive UX/UI Design Foundations course, offering practical learning and effective mentorship. One student shares, "Avocademy was a life-changing experience that helped me land my first tech job." However, there are concerns about the job guarantee program's conditions, with a student noting challenges faced after course completion.
FAQs

How much does Avocademy cost?

Avocademy costs around $4,000. On the lower end, some Avocademy courses like UX/UI Design Foundations cost $2,997.

What courses does Avocademy teach?

Avocademy offers courses like Career Jumpstart, UX/UI Design Foundations.

Where does Avocademy have campuses?

Avocademy teaches students Online in a remote classroom.

Is Avocademy worth it?

Avocademy hasn't shared alumni outcomes yet, but one way to determine if a bootcamp is worth it is by reading alumni reviews. 390 Avocademy alumni, students, and applicants have reviewed Avocademy on Course Report - you should start there!

Is Avocademy legit?

We let alumni answer that question. 390 Avocademy alumni, students, and applicants have reviewed Avocademy and rate their overall experience a 4.81 out of 5.

Does Avocademy offer scholarships or accept the GI Bill?

Right now, it doesn't look like Avocademy offers scholarships or accepts the GI Bill. We're always adding to the list of schools that do offer Exclusive Course Report Scholarships and a list of the bootcamps that accept the GI Bill.

Can I read Avocademy reviews?

You can read 390 reviews of Avocademy on Course Report! Avocademy alumni, students, and applicants have reviewed Avocademy and rate their overall experience a 4.81 out of 5.

Is Avocademy accredited?

While bootcamps must be approved to operate, accreditation is relatively rare. Avocademy doesn't yet share information about their accreditation status.

Get our FREE Ultimate Guide to Paying for a Bootcamp