avocademy-logo

Avocademy

Avocademy

Avocademy’s core program is an 8-week UX/UI Foundations course. Each expert-curated lesson in the curriculum builds on the previous content, helping students gain the knowledge and skill required to land a Junior UX/UI Designer job in a relatively short time frame. The UX/UI Foundations lessons consist of video and reading material. After learning key concepts and best practices, students test their knowledge by completing activities rooted in real-world UX/UI deliverables. Throughout the 8-week course, students complete an entire UX/UI project from research to high-fidelity prototyping and testing.

Students receive unlimited one-on-one mentorship each week to gather feedback on their project work and to ensure they have a strong understanding of the course material.

Recent Avocademy Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (127) reviews for Avocademy →

Recent Avocademy News

• Career Jumpstart

Design
    OnlinePart Time72 Weeks
    Through the career jumpstart program students complete real world client projects while collaborating with other designers. The team of mentors and career coaches help students finish their portfolios, refine their resumes, and go through the job application process. While also connecting students directly with hiring manager and recruitment partners to speed up the job search process. This program Includes unlimited mentor support (1-1 zoom calls and slack access) as well as weekly guest speaker sessions from designers from top companies. The program runs until you get a job or up to 12 months.
    Multiple Payment Options (up-front and at-graduation + financing through Affirm)
    $5000 up-front
    $5500 at-graduation
    7% of first years salary
    Refund / GuaranteeIf you complete all program requirements and don't get an offer, you don't pay!
    Prep WorkUX/UI Foundations Course
  • UX/UI Design Foundations

User Experience Design
    OnlinePart Time8 Weeks
    The curriculum covers design thinking, how to conduct research, information architecture, design, and ideation. Students will also learn wireframing, design systems, style guides, high fidelity mockups, prototyping, and testing. Avocademy students will build one end-to-end case study for their portfolio. There are a total of 90 hours of content, and students are expected to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the course.
    Lending partners available, including Affirm.
    Tuition PlansInstallment plans of three, six, twelve, and eighteen payments are also available.
  • Aleks P • Graduate
    I had been debating joining a bootcamp for 1+ years, but was always so deterred by cost. I tried doing it myself and wasn't able to stick to a structured schedule. Then I found Avocademy. The price was within my budget, but beyond that, the length is what drew me in. I wanted to transition as soon as possible as with Avocademy, they gave a 6-8 week estimate of course completion. After that, you can enter into their career jumpstart program in which they pair you with clients for real design work and prep you for applications. The cool part is that you don't have to join if you feel comfortable enough with completing your portfolio on your own! In the Foundations course, I LOVED the mentorship that came along with it. Their mentors were incredibly knowledgable (Shoutout to Jordan, Radia, Maca, Lorianna, and more!!!!). It helped me see my projects in a new perspective and I loved the feedback. Beyond the mentorship, I made some incredible friends along the way and I'm so excited to see where our design journeys take us. Overall, 10/10 would recommend!!
  • Samantha • UX/UI Designer • Graduate
    I did the bootcamp followed by their career jumpstart program. They taught me the foundations of UX, kept in constant contact with mentors, filled my portfolio with real life clients, helped me write my resume, did mock interviews, guided me on job applications and helped me land a job making 2x what I was making in Education. They even helped me negotiate that job offer. I can't say enough good things about this program!
  • Madison Poe • UX Designer • Graduate
    I highly recommend the Career Jumpstart course to anyone and everyone. There are obvious reasons to take this course, like the real client projects that you'll have access to participate in, but beyond that Maca has created a determined support system and job hunting network. I never once questioned whether or not I would get a job - I knew it was only a matter of when. If you are open to feedback and use the resources that are provided for you, Avocademy will not let you fail. After only 3 weeks of applying for jobs, I had an offer! I could not have asked for a better experience. I felt supported throughout my entire journey, not only by the Avocademy staff, but also by the many other students who were going through the same process as me. The design teams that Maca organizes connect you with so many other talented designers and give you the chance to make connections and network,  lean on other job seekers for advice, and even make some new friends!
  • Jane Kim • Graduate
    I'm glad I joined Avocademy. It is very affordable compared to other bootcamps out there. The UX/UI Foundations Course is so in-depth and made me feel like I truly understood UX/UI Design. Avocademy has an amazing mentorship system, and all the students in the community are so motivated and kind-hearted. The course is extremely flexible, and as someone with a full-time job, I was still able to fit it within my schedule and work at my own pace. There are also guest speakers who join us to talk about their experience in the UX/UI world. I recommend everyone trying to get into UX/UI to get into this bootcamp.
  • Gabriel • student
    My experience with Avocademy has been amazing. From the early stages, getting to know how the design process works up until support with career search has certainly been life-changing.

Professional advice and guidance contributed to my success. I can confidently say that it helped me shrink the process when landing a job. Please understand me. You have to put a lot of effort into it to accomplish your goal. Having that person who you can rely on is critical.
  • Tina • Graduate
    Avocademy was a great place to dive into the world of UX/UI.  Maca and all of the mentors are happy to answer any questions you might have along your journey. They are sincerely committed to helping you succeed. Between the accessible support and weekly talks given by individuals already in the industry (followed by incredibly helpful conversation), you are given the opportunity to gain valuable insight as you progress through the lessons. Overall, the bootcamp provides you with information and tools to create high-quality projects that will make you stand apart when you begin your job search.
  • Subu
    Career Jumpstart's curriculum helped me expand my resume and experience as I got to work on real-life client projects. The mentors provide all the support you need in your job search process right from the start. They even help with salary negotiation which is really nice and shows how much they care about the students.
  • Brooke B
    This course was awesome! I've been looking to transition my career from Marketing into UX Design. I spent so much time looking for an affordable Bootcamp that wasn't going to cost me an arm and a leg and this one was the one. This course really took you through all the important steps of being a UX/UI Designer. With little to no experience, I was able to increase my knowledge and skill for UX/UI Design within the 6-week program.
  • Mara Rosenstock • UX Designer • Applicant
    Maca and the entire Avocademy team were extremely helpful and supportive throughout my career change to UX design!

When attempting to transition from marketing to user experience after completing a UX design course, I struggled to hear back from any of the jobs I applied to which felt very defeating.

Through Avocademy’s job search program, I learned how to emphasize the right info on my resume, ensure I showcased my best work on my portfolio, and present the right content from my portfolio during job interviews. I was also able to receive mentorship and advice from people who have years of experience in a variety of industries which helped me understand what a real UX job could look like.

Through The Guac Group, I got the opportunity to work with other UX Designers to build a website for a cookie company that needed an effective way for users to purchase products nation-wide. This experience was invaluable since I got to speak to real-life examples on how I made a positive impact on companies through UX design.

Both my experience during the job search program and at The Guac Group made me stand out among applicants and receive more favorable responses throughout my application process, which helped increase my confidence as a beginner in the UX field and eventually land a full-time job as a UX Designer.
  • UX Design Bootcamp
    - 5/12/2021
    Sarah • District Color Marketing and Design Specialist • Student
    My experience with Avocademy couldn't have been better in helping me learn the foundations needed to make a pivot in my design career. While working full-time, I was able to get through the program at my own pace with access to all kinds of resources that enriched my knowledge of best industry practices.  Maca and the other mentors really took the time to get to know their students independently and were very easy to reach. It's clear to see that Maca and her team care about the next generation of designers. I feel confident in my decision and cannot wait to make a transition in my career as a UX designer.
  • Rebecca Rausch • UX & Graphic Designer • Graduate
    This course has exceeded my expectations in every way. I have been in the graphic design field for over 13 years and realized long ago that as things become more and more digital, print design is dying fast. Applications like Canva are now replacing the need for companies to hire graphic designers.

I started looking into UX/UI a few years ago but was intimidated. The high price of bootcamps sure didn't help. Throughout the pandemic, I was feeling ashamed of myself for letting a year go by without anything new to show for it. I knew I needed to do something fast. I started looking into UX/UI again and reading up as much as I could all over the web & on forums.

I was sitting at my computer one boring afternoon and saw an ad that said, "Want to learn UX without paying $15,000?" I was intrigued. I clicked it and immediately signed up to watch an intro video by Maca (owner/mentor at Avocademy). Every single thing she said hit the pain points I had experienced that stopped me from taking the leap in the past. It was as if she was speaking directly to me. I knew I was seeing this video for a reason. I signed up to do a one on one interview with her to find out more. She answered every question I had and after a few emails back and forth, I decided to go for it.

I can't say enough good things about my experience. Maca provides incredible information throughout the course (I ended up bookmarking so many pages, videos, etc. that will help me in the future). I even learned more about graphic design from her than I did years ago in school. Not only that, but you have direct access to her throughout the course. She also meets with you every few weeks on Zoom to make sure you are on the right track and is available to message on Slack. The Slack channel also provides an opportunity to interact with other students and exchange tips/tricks. Every week guest speakers from all over the tech field are announced and are available on Zoom.  There is even a "job opportunity" tab you can take advantage of once you complete certain lessons.

Avocademy is a solid community of passionate, nonjudgemental people from all walks of life, striving to learn and soak in all they can from mentors/speakers that are the best in their field. I'm so glad I saw Maca's video on that boring afternoon because taking the bootcamp at Avocademy is truly one of the best decisions I've made. I wouldn't have wanted to learn UX design anywhere else
  • UX Design
    - 4/23/2021
    Tabitha McKinney • Content Marketing Associate/UX Designer • Student
    The UX Bootcamp with Avocademy is perfect for those looking to either broaden their skillset or transition to a new career. While in the bootcamp, I had the opportunity to implement the wireframing skills I learned for a work project with Microsoft. Not only did I build new skills, but my confidence is also boosted and I look forward to new opportunities. Maca is a great mentor whose guidance and expertise make the course well worth the (time and financial) investment.