Avocademy’s core program is an 8-week UX/UI Foundations course. Each expert-curated lesson in the curriculum builds on the previous content, helping students gain the knowledge and skill required to land a Junior UX/UI Designer job in a relatively short time frame. The UX/UI Foundations lessons consist of video and reading material. After learning key concepts and best practices, students test their knowledge by completing activities rooted in real-world UX/UI deliverables. Throughout the 8-week course, students complete an entire UX/UI project from research to high-fidelity prototyping and testing.
Students receive unlimited one-on-one mentorship each week to gather feedback on their project work and to ensure they have a strong understanding of the course material.
Recent Avocademy Reviews: Rating 4.9
Recent Avocademy News
OnlinePart Time72 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineThrough the career jumpstart program students complete real world client projects while collaborating with other designers. The team of mentors and career coaches help students finish their portfolios, refine their resumes, and go through the job application process. While also connecting students directly with hiring manager and recruitment partners to speed up the job search process. This program Includes unlimited mentor support (1-1 zoom calls and slack access) as well as weekly guest speaker sessions from designers from top companies. The program runs until you get a job or up to 12 months.
Deposit N/A FinancingMultiple Payment Options (up-front and at-graduation + financing through Affirm)
7% of first years salary
Refund / Guarantee If you complete all program requirements and don't get an offer, you don't pay!
Minimum Skill Level N/A Prep Work UX/UI Foundations Course Placement Test No Interview Yes
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time8 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $1,997 Class size N/A Location OnlineThe curriculum covers design thinking, how to conduct research, information architecture, design, and ideation. Students will also learn wireframing, design systems, style guides, high fidelity mockups, prototyping, and testing. Avocademy students will build one end-to-end case study for their portfolio. There are a total of 90 hours of content, and students are expected to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the course.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partners available, including Affirm. Tuition Plans Installment plans of three, six, twelve, and eighteen payments are also available.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
118 reviews sorted by:
- Best Choice Ever- 12/16/2021AlyssaI cannot recommend this bootcamp enough. Not only is it affordable, but also hands-on. All of the mentors go out of their way to help the students. There is a sense of personal connection that you won't get from other bootcamps. Even the founder is extremely involved and committed to helping the students. You will not find that with other bootcamps. It seriously has changed my life. If you are thinking about taking this boot camp, do it. You will thank yourself six months from now!
- UX Designer- 12/7/2021Alex Infante • Student • Course: Career Jumpstart • Campus: OnlineThis program is amazing! After graduating from my Foundations course with Avocademy, the Career Jumpstart allowed me the opportunity to work on real projects with real clients and collaborate with other designers. It wasn't only the fact that it was so hands-on, but the guidance that I had from Maca was exceptional. She was there every step of the way, and we never lost that personal touch that makes a world of difference especially in an online setting. I'm thankful to have learned all that I have in such a short amount of time, and I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to be a UX/UI Designer.
- UI/UX Foundations- 12/2/2021Sam • Student • Course: UX/UI Design Foundations • Campus: OnlineOverall, this bootcamp was great especially the fact you pay a lot less than compared to other bootcamps. It is a lot of work but it's a great way to learn the essentials of UX if you're a beginner. There were some hiccups during the program such as timezone issues and mentors not being able to jump on calls as frequently as I had hoped but Maca and her team were very receptive to hearing feedback and making adjustments to their course and mentorships to be able to accommodate everyone and to make sure those issues never popped up again.
I would say anyone who is already familiar with UX/UI but just wants a mentorship, this wouldn't be the program for you (other sources for that) but if you want to learn the foundations of UX research and design and don't know where to begin and don't have the time and money to shell out the cost of a college degree - this is worth it!
They have a career jumpstart program too which I just signed up for and so far, it seems most alumni have been successful in finding jobs. I would recommend this program to anyone who wants to do a career change but not go into debt over it.
- Quick and Affordable- 12/1/2021Bea R. • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design Foundations • Campus: OnlineThe UX/UI design foundations course was very hands on, quick, and affordable. They provide you with resources, videos, zoom calls with mentors, and feedback while you complete assignments. I highly recommend this course if you are ready to commit your time and efforts to a UX/UI design course. I got exactly what I thought I would get signing up for their services and I am very happy I found this great deal (considerably cheaper than most other boot camps) on social media.
Also, all of the mentors I spoke to were extremely knowledgeable, professional, and very kind. Thank you for not making me feel so bad about my amateur designs :D hehe.
- Big Bang for Your Buck- 12/1/2021Aleks P • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design Foundations • Campus: OnlineI had been debating joining a bootcamp for 1+ years, but was always so deterred by cost. I tried doing it myself and wasn't able to stick to a structured schedule. Then I found Avocademy. The price was within my budget, but beyond that, the length is what drew me in. I wanted to transition as soon as possible as with Avocademy, they gave a 6-8 week estimate of course completion. After that, you can enter into their career jumpstart program in which they pair you with clients for real design work and prep you for applications. The cool part is that you don't have to join if you feel comfortable enough with completing your portfolio on your own! In the Foundations course, I LOVED the mentorship that came along with it. Their mentors were incredibly knowledgable (Shoutout to Jordan, Radia, Maca, Lorianna, and more!!!!). It helped me see my projects in a new perspective and I loved the feedback. Beyond the mentorship, I made some incredible friends along the way and I'm so excited to see where our design journeys take us. Overall, 10/10 would recommend!!
- Couldn't have done it without them!- 11/18/2021Samantha • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design Foundations • Campus: OnlineI did the bootcamp followed by their career jumpstart program. They taught me the foundations of UX, kept in constant contact with mentors, filled my portfolio with real life clients, helped me write my resume, did mock interviews, guided me on job applications and helped me land a job making 2x what I was making in Education. They even helped me negotiate that job offer. I can't say enough good things about this program!
- What are you waiting for?- 11/18/2021Madison Poe • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: Career Jumpstart • Campus: OnlineI highly recommend the Career Jumpstart course to anyone and everyone. There are obvious reasons to take this course, like the real client projects that you'll have access to participate in, but beyond that Maca has created a determined support system and job hunting network. I never once questioned whether or not I would get a job - I knew it was only a matter of when. If you are open to feedback and use the resources that are provided for you, Avocademy will not let you fail. After only 3 weeks of applying for jobs, I had an offer! I could not have asked for a better experience. I felt supported throughout my entire journey, not only by the Avocademy staff, but also by the many other students who were going through the same process as me. The design teams that Maca organizes connect you with so many other talented designers and give you the chance to make connections and network, lean on other job seekers for advice, and even make some new friends!
- Best course that won't break your bank- 11/17/2021Jane Kim • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design Foundations • Campus: OnlineI'm glad I joined Avocademy. It is very affordable compared to other bootcamps out there. The UX/UI Foundations Course is so in-depth and made me feel like I truly understood UX/UI Design. Avocademy has an amazing mentorship system, and all the students in the community are so motivated and kind-hearted. The course is extremely flexible, and as someone with a full-time job, I was still able to fit it within my schedule and work at my own pace. There are also guest speakers who join us to talk about their experience in the UX/UI world. I recommend everyone trying to get into UX/UI to get into this bootcamp.
- UX/UI Design Foundation & Career Jumpstart- 11/17/2021Gabriel • student • Course: Career Jumpstart • Campus: OnlineMy experience with Avocademy has been amazing. From the early stages, getting to know how the design process works up until support with career search has certainly been life-changing.Professional advice and guidance contributed to my success. I can confidently say that it helped me shrink the process when landing a job. Please understand me. You have to put a lot of effort into it to accomplish your goal. Having that person who you can rely on is critical.
- Bravocado for Avocademy!- 10/15/2021Tina • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design Foundations • Campus: OnlineAvocademy was a great place to dive into the world of UX/UI. Maca and all of the mentors are happy to answer any questions you might have along your journey. They are sincerely committed to helping you succeed. Between the accessible support and weekly talks given by individuals already in the industry (followed by incredibly helpful conversation), you are given the opportunity to gain valuable insight as you progress through the lessons. Overall, the bootcamp provides you with information and tools to create high-quality projects that will make you stand apart when you begin your job search.
- Subu • Course: Career Jumpstart • Campus: OnlineCareer Jumpstart's curriculum helped me expand my resume and experience as I got to work on real-life client projects. The mentors provide all the support you need in your job search process right from the start. They even help with salary negotiation which is really nice and shows how much they care about the students.
- UX/UI Bootcamp Review- 10/1/2021Brooke B • Course: UX/UI Design Foundations • Campus: OnlineThis course was awesome! I've been looking to transition my career from Marketing into UX Design. I spent so much time looking for an affordable Bootcamp that wasn't going to cost me an arm and a leg and this one was the one. This course really took you through all the important steps of being a UX/UI Designer. With little to no experience, I was able to increase my knowledge and skill for UX/UI Design within the 6-week program.