avocademy-logo

Avocademy

Avocademy

Avocademy’s core program is an 8-week UX/UI Foundations course. Each expert-curated lesson in the curriculum builds on the previous content, helping students gain the knowledge and skill required to land a Junior UX/UI Designer job in a relatively short time frame. The UX/UI Foundations lessons consist of video and reading material. After learning key concepts and best practices, students test their knowledge by completing activities rooted in real-world UX/UI deliverables. Throughout the 8-week course, students complete an entire UX/UI project from research to high-fidelity prototyping and testing.

Students receive unlimited one-on-one mentorship each week to gather feedback on their project work and to ensure they have a strong understanding of the course material.

Recent Avocademy Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (127) reviews for Avocademy →

Recent Avocademy News

• Career Jumpstart

Design
    OnlinePart Time72 Weeks
    Through the career jumpstart program students complete real world client projects while collaborating with other designers. The team of mentors and career coaches help students finish their portfolios, refine their resumes, and go through the job application process. While also connecting students directly with hiring manager and recruitment partners to speed up the job search process. This program Includes unlimited mentor support (1-1 zoom calls and slack access) as well as weekly guest speaker sessions from designers from top companies. The program runs until you get a job or up to 12 months.
    Multiple Payment Options (up-front and at-graduation + financing through Affirm)
    $5000 up-front
    $5500 at-graduation
    7% of first years salary
    Refund / GuaranteeIf you complete all program requirements and don't get an offer, you don't pay!
    Prep WorkUX/UI Foundations Course
  • UX/UI Design Foundations

User Experience Design
    OnlinePart Time8 Weeks
    The curriculum covers design thinking, how to conduct research, information architecture, design, and ideation. Students will also learn wireframing, design systems, style guides, high fidelity mockups, prototyping, and testing. Avocademy students will build one end-to-end case study for their portfolio. There are a total of 90 hours of content, and students are expected to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the course.
    Lending partners available, including Affirm.
    Tuition PlansInstallment plans of three, six, twelve, and eighteen payments are also available.
  • Darious • Product Design Intern • Graduate
    Avocademy has easily been a top 5 life decision thus far! During my senior year of college, I was still lost until I came across Avocademy, they saw my strengths and explained to me how I could utilize them as a designer. Completing the course was smooth and I felt like everything I needed to know as a beginner was there and easy to digest. The mentoring is top-notch and the student-specific feedback is one of the best features of the course. A year later, I secured a paid internship as a Product Design Intern and am incredibly thankful for Avocademy. This program completely readjusted the trajectory of my life, and my future, and most importantly I can comfortably say the future of my family is secure.
  • Ann Nguyen • Associate Product Designer
    CJ has helped me gain real client experience, that I probably would not have gotten if I had gone the freelance route. All of the mentors are truly there for all of their students to help them successfully transition into the UX field and offer guidance even when you have landed a job! I’ve never heard that from other bootcamps.
  • Franklin • Graduate
    So I just finished the job search part of Career Jumpstart or CJ at Avocademy. The overall process was fun, difficult at times, and such an amazing process overall. It's broken down into two parts: projects and job search.

Projects
    So for this part they post projects for people to submit for and then connect you with other grads from Foundations on projects with real world stakeholders. You work as a team to complete projects to finish out your portfolio and sometimes can even lead a project later on. I worked on three projects which allowed me to get a greater feel for what it's like to work on a real design team and a real world project. It also helped me grow my UX/UXR skills and find an area of focus for my career search. Each project is different and can be something like a website evaluation and design recommendation to creating a brand new product from scratch. Now these projects can be intense at times, so I would strongly suggest doing one at a time at first. I did two projects at once because I wasn't working and it was fun but challenging at times due to the workload. Most people finish projects in about 2 months and then begin the job search portion which can last about 6 months but people have been finding jobs sooner.  Big takeaway for this part is to communicate with your team about your real world time constraints and things that come up. Communicate, communicate, communicate.

Job Search
    The second part is the job search and they help you with mentor calls to prep for interviews, resume reviews, how to work through design challenges, and more. There's also a weekly call for job seekers to talk about struggles and lessons learned which was super informative and encouraging. I applied to just shy of 130 jobs my first week (they tell you to apply to 160 in your first month) and I think it really is great advice. I started interviewing pretty soon after I started and just got a job at a great company that I'm super excited about. I had a number of years in the job market before this but I know a large part in what got me the job was what I learned from the projects I did. I was able to talk about how my experiences, good and bad, from those taught me things that would set me up for success as a researcher for the company.  I am incredibly grateful for Avocademy and CJ.
  • Great program!
    - 4/14/2022
    Kaylee
    Found this bootcamp through TikTok, and after doing some of my own research, I decided to go for it and I'm so glad I did! You learn so much in the foundations course, and end up with a great project at the end. There are great resources in the course, and access to mentors during the entire course. I am currently in Avocademy's Career Jumpstart program working towards completing my portfolio and can't wait to start applying to jobs!
  • Avrielle • Graduate
    I have taken courses in the past, and they all fell flat. I always felt like I was missing some part of the education and couldn't really bring the skills I learned into a real job. With Avocademy, I have never felt more supported or prepared to find a job, and most importantly, feel like I will do well in the job. The mentors are amazing, and being able to get real client experience before you start applying has been essential to creating the confidence I need.
  • UX/UI Bootcamp
    - 4/6/2022
    Melissa
    I absolutely recommend Avocademy to anyone who is looking to learn UX/UI! Not only is it affordable, but it truly sets you up so well! The mentors are incredible and I have learned so much. If you're thinking about it, this is your sign to enroll! So grateful I found this boot camp.
  • Chanel • Student
    My experience with Avocademy was more than amazing.  The step by step process, detailed explanations and unlimited mentorship was by far the best part about the program.  Anyone looking to get into UX/UI design, I recommend Avocademy 1000%. The program is affordable, down to earth mentors and a great space to also network!
  • Career Jumpstart
    - 4/5/2022
    Bridget • UX Designer • Graduate
    Great program. Currently in my senior year of college as well as this program and was able to land a job 6 weeks before my college graduation. Worked on 3 projects over about a 4-6 month period with real clients as a UX designer with a team of other designers. This was combined with constant mentorship, design, portfolio and resume reviews, and they helped me redesign projects that I had completed at other UX design internships/jobs. Very lenient with me being in college and not being able to dedicate as many hours weekly. Landed an 85k job offer 3.5 weeks after I offically started the job search process. Mentors are amazing, the other designers are all in similar positions as you and many resources are provided to help you along. Would recommend this program and Avocademy Foundations to anyone!
  • UX/UI Design
    - 3/25/2022
    Angie • Graduate
    Avocademy was the greatest decision I made so far, the foundations bootcamp was an amazing opportunity for me to  switch careers and do something I love! Through the Career Jumpstart I was able to land into a Senior Designer role. I am so grateful with the support they gave me with the career change.
  • Kathy • UX Designer
    Overall, an amazing and positive experience with Avocademy and joining Career Jumpstart (CJ) afterwards. I don't think I would be able to land a job without CJ! The mentors are absolutely so helpful and Maca is incredible for providing the job support you are looking for. I love the CJ course because I had the opportunity to work on MULTIPLE real client work and in a team setting which helped continually build my UX/UI skills AND soft skills. Additionally, the CJ course offers mock interviews that I could schedule weekly to build my confidence during interviews and also resume and portfolio reviews. Honestly, this was the best decision and investment I have ever made and I am so incredibly happy that I chose Avocademy! I was able to find a job within 3 weeks after completing my portfolio in CJ. Highly HIGHLY recommend it!
  • Steph • UX Designer
    This review was a long time coming, but I wanted to wait to write it until my first job offer came in - which I knew it eventually would. Avocademy is simply incredible. They have taken a process that can be so difficult (and by process I mean both UX and career pivots) and break it down into manageable steps. In doing this they have created a program where you really learn the ins and outs, become a top tier competitor in the UX job market, and truly become a designer. While the job search can be tolling, I was constantly praised for my expert work. In one interview, I was told to be proud of myself as I had been one of 20 interviewed in a pool of over 600 applicants. Avocademy is life changing, and I highly recommend it to anyone hoping to switch into UX Design.
    - 1/31/2022
    Tayler • Graduate
    This is the only bootcamp you'll ever need.  Not only is it like a third of the price of other bootcamps but the content is just as valuable and is presented in a clear and easy to learn format.  The best part about Avocademy is the option to join Career Jumpstart when you finish the Foundations course.  Don't waste your money on any other bootcamps, I promise Avocademy is the right choice!
    Sign up for the Foundations course today: https://www.avocademy.com/a/32528/avFnZ5zS