avocademy-logo

Avocademy

Avocademy

Avocademy’s core program is an 8-week UX/UI Foundations course. Each expert-curated lesson in the curriculum builds on the previous content, helping students gain the knowledge and skill required to land a Junior UX/UI Designer job in a relatively short time frame. The UX/UI Foundations lessons consist of video and reading material. After learning key concepts and best practices, students test their knowledge by completing activities rooted in real-world UX/UI deliverables. Throughout the 8-week course, students complete an entire UX/UI project from research to high-fidelity prototyping and testing.

Students receive unlimited one-on-one mentorship each week to gather feedback on their project work and to ensure they have a strong understanding of the course material.

Recent Avocademy Reviews: Rating 4.87

all (54) reviews for Avocademy →

Recent Avocademy News

• Career Jumpstart

Design
    OnlinePart Time72 Weeks
    Through the career jumpstart program students complete real world client projects while collaborating with other designers. The team of mentors and career coaches help students finish their portfolios, refine their resumes, and go through the job application process. While also connecting students directly with hiring manager and recruitment partners to speed up the job search process. This program Includes unlimited mentor support (1-1 zoom calls and slack access) as well as weekly guest speaker sessions from designers from top companies. The program runs until you get a Job (or up to 12 months)
    7% of first years salary if you get a Job.
    Prep WorkFoundations Course
  • UX/UI Design Foundations

User Experience Design
    OnlinePart Time6 Weeks
    The curriculum covers design thinking, how to conduct research, information architecture, design, and ideation. Students will also learn wireframing, design systems, style guides, high fidelity mockups, prototyping, and testing. Avocademy students will build one end-to-end case study for their portfolio. There are a total of 90 hours of content, and students are expected to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the course.
    Lending partners available, including Affirm.
    Tuition PlansInstallment plans of three, six, twelve payments are also available.
  • Great Mentorship
    - 1/24/2021
    Kelsey • Student
    Avocademy is a great course for anyone looking to start out in UX Design. I like that it is structured, so I can check off my readings and activities along the way. Maca (my mentor) has also been really responsive, and always answers my messages. She is always willing to help, and has even recorded some personal tutorial videos for me to explain how to do something on Figma (the design software). I also feel like her feedback is constructive, professional, and personable, and you can talk to her through video chat, or her new Slack Community group she created (which is also cool to see the other people in the class).

Coming into UX, I was really unsure about what I wanted to do and if I could accomplish it. I graduated college last year, had a career change, and didn't know if UX would be for me. I only recently discovered it, and was very overwhelmed about how to get into it. However, I feel like Maca has been so flexible, which has helped me to not feel overwhelmed. She helps to personalize the course to my needs, and is willing to work with me on my time frame. Also, I feel like the value of the course has been really great, especially when you see the price of other competitors.

I feel like I am learning a lot, and while it is a lot of hard work, it also feels very rewarding.
  • UX Made Simple
    - 1/23/2021
    Kenny • UX Designer • Graduate
    Maca is one of the nicest and honest instructors I've taken a course with. Avocademy has a great layout for learning things in sequential order where it all makes sense. The topics build off one another and has such a great flow that you're actually learning, rather than completing modules and forgetting past topics. This course is definitely for someone that wants to transition into UX without the high price tag and lackluster mentorship. I think that the guidance and mentorship from Maca is worth more than what the course is set at - she is always available in a timely manner to make sure you understand why and how, not just telling you simple answers. As well, the course is what you make of it. There is no micro-managing, except the 6-weeks timeline; if you're not a self-starter and lack motivation to do something unless someone tells you to do it, then this may not be the right course for you. However, through the mentor sessions and working alongside Maca, you can tell she cares about her students and wants them all to succeed in the course. A bonus is having the community of current and past students to help answer questions or give guidance while you're working your way through this course. Lastly, this is one of the few courses i've taken where opportunities to improve beyond the course are directly offered through real-world experience without a catch. If you decide to join, you'll be in great hands with Maca and Avocademy! I do not regret my decision one bit.
  • Hoda • Student
    While having a busy schedule as a graduate student and working part-time, enrolling in Avocademy was the best decision I have made for transitioning into a UX design career. The curriculum is self-paced so it's so easy to work around your schedule and you learn so much in the process. The unlimited one-on-one mentoring, UX resources, activities, and feedback that were offered gave me confidence in my skills and I feel like I have learned so much in such a short amount of time. Maca also offers job assistance and is always sharing real, hands-on UX design projects that students can be a part of. Highly recommend this course for anyone looking to make the switch into UX!
    Coming from the creative side and looking to make a transition, this course was essential for me to immerse myself in to get a better understanding. This is such a great skillset to have and I'm excited to apply it going forward.
  • UX / UI Graduate
    - 11/16/2021
    The course is a decent value priced at $1500 and you can learn a lot, but not enough to score a good job unless you have previous design experience.
    Most of the "mentors" are people without experience who just graduated from Avocademy and are on a job hunt.
    The curriculum is 98% links from other FREE resources online + random Youtube videos.
    It is a better value than some other $10000+ bootcamps but if you google "ux/ui" you will find the same links that are in the Avocademy curriculum for FREE!
    There are plenty of free and paid mentorship platforms where at least you can learn from experienced UX designers and will cost you half the Avocademy price.
    From my experience, getting a job without the Career Jumpstart (7% of 1yr salary) is hard and if you calculate 7% of the average UX pay in the US and add the $1500, it cost the same as bootcamp with legit mentors and curriculum.
    Average Junior UX salary - $80928
    7% of $80928 = 5664.96
    UX Course $1500 + Careeer Jumpstart $5664.96 = $7164
    $7505 CareerFoundry with job guarantee
    $6749 Design Lab with job guarantee

Do your research before enrolling in any of the bootcamps.
  • UX/UI Foundations
    - 6/28/2021
    As someone who comes from a science background, this course was very helpful and it allowed me to learn so many UX/UI techniques in just a few weeks. As first I was very hesitant to start this course due to my lack of knowledge surrounding design but I was very satisfied with my experience. I recommend this course to anyone who is thinking of making a career change into design!