avocademy-logo

Avocademy

Avocademy

Avocademy’s core program is an 8-week UX/UI Foundations course. Each expert-curated lesson in the curriculum builds on the previous content, helping students gain the knowledge and skill required to land a Junior UX/UI Designer job in a relatively short time frame. The UX/UI Foundations lessons consist of video and reading material. After learning key concepts and best practices, students test their knowledge by completing activities rooted in real-world UX/UI deliverables. Throughout the 8-week course, students complete an entire UX/UI project from research to high-fidelity prototyping and testing.

Students receive unlimited one-on-one mentorship each week to gather feedback on their project work and to ensure they have a strong understanding of the course material.

Recent Avocademy Reviews: Rating 4.87

all (54) reviews for Avocademy →

Recent Avocademy News

• Career Jumpstart

Design
    OnlinePart Time72 Weeks
    Through the career jumpstart program students complete real world client projects while collaborating with other designers. The team of mentors and career coaches help students finish their portfolios, refine their resumes, and go through the job application process. While also connecting students directly with hiring manager and recruitment partners to speed up the job search process. This program Includes unlimited mentor support (1-1 zoom calls and slack access) as well as weekly guest speaker sessions from designers from top companies. The program runs until you get a Job (or up to 12 months)
    7% of first years salary if you get a Job.
    Prep WorkFoundations Course
  • UX/UI Design Foundations

User Experience Design
    OnlinePart Time6 Weeks
    The curriculum covers design thinking, how to conduct research, information architecture, design, and ideation. Students will also learn wireframing, design systems, style guides, high fidelity mockups, prototyping, and testing. Avocademy students will build one end-to-end case study for their portfolio. There are a total of 90 hours of content, and students are expected to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the course.
    Lending partners available, including Affirm.
    Tuition PlansInstallment plans of three, six, twelve payments are also available.
  • Best Choice Ever
    - 12/16/2021
    Alyssa
    I cannot recommend this bootcamp enough. Not only is it affordable, but also hands-on. All of the mentors go out of their way to help the students. There is a sense of personal connection that you won't get from other bootcamps. Even the founder is extremely involved and committed to helping the students. You will not find that with other bootcamps. It seriously has changed my life. If you are thinking about taking this boot camp, do it. You will thank yourself six months from now!
  • UX Designer
    - 12/6/2021
    Alex Infante • Student
    This program is amazing! After graduating from my Foundations course with Avocademy, the Career Jumpstart allowed me the opportunity to work on real projects with real clients and collaborate with other designers. It wasn't only the fact that it was so hands-on, but the guidance that I had from Maca was exceptional. She was there every step of the way, and we never lost that personal touch that makes a world of difference especially in an online setting. I'm thankful to have learned all that I have in such a short amount of time, and I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to be a UX/UI Designer.
  • Thankful!
    CJ • Graduate
    I've tried a different, short foundational UX/UI bootcamp before coming into Avocademy. The main reason I chose Avocademy ultimately for the "real thing" after researching many other bootcamps in a year was the unlimited 1:1 mentorship, and the affordable cost. A lot of bootcamps don't offer the call with mentor, some only offer a limited number. I also like how approachable all the mentors are. Maca (the owner) has been super helpful with any and all questions and issues I had. They're all just one Slack DM away. The curriculum was great, I didn't think it was possible to do everything that was listed on the modules by one person (myself) when I started the course and had a quick glance at them, but it was! I wouldn't say they're easy, they were challenging, but in a good way that helped my push myself out of my comfort zone. Again, the mentors were always there along the way, I don't think I could have done it without them, and my fellow students as well. In a couple of weeks I'm going to begin my Career Jumpstart journey so I'm very excited for that!
  • UI/UX Foundations
    Sam • Student
    Overall, this bootcamp was great especially the fact you pay a lot less than compared to other bootcamps. It is a lot of work but it's a great way to learn the essentials of UX if you're a beginner. There were some hiccups during the program such as timezone issues and mentors not being able to jump on calls as frequently as I had hoped but Maca and her team were very receptive to hearing feedback and making adjustments to their course and mentorships to be able to accommodate everyone and to make sure those issues never popped up again.
    I would say anyone who is already familiar with UX/UI but just wants a mentorship, this wouldn't be the program for you (other sources for that) but if you want to learn the foundations of UX research and design and don't know where to begin and don't have the time and money to shell out the cost of a college degree - this is worth it!
    They have a career jumpstart program too which I just signed up for and so far, it seems most alumni have been successful in finding jobs. I would recommend this program to anyone who wants to do a career change but not go into debt over it.
  • UX/UI Designer
    Diana P. • Graduate
    I came across Avocademy through social media in September. However I had already been trying to learn UX/UI on my own, but I knew I was not going to keep up with it unless I had someone to guide me and provide feedback. Avocademy was a great opportunity. The course went through the foundations of UX and UI which led me to my capstone project. I am very proud of what I created. Along the way I received wonderful feedback from the mentors. All the resources were on the course and I knew I could reach out to the mentors at any time :) Great course, and I cannot wait to continue on my journey with UX and UI!
  • Bea R. • Graduate
    The UX/UI design foundations course was very hands on, quick, and affordable. They provide you with resources, videos, zoom calls with mentors, and feedback while you complete assignments. I highly recommend this course if you are ready to commit your time and efforts to a UX/UI design course. I got exactly what I thought I would get signing up for their services and I am very happy I found this great deal (considerably cheaper than most other boot camps) on social media.

Also, all of the mentors I spoke to were extremely knowledgeable, professional, and very kind. Thank you for not making me feel so bad about my amateur designs :D hehe.
  • Aleks P • Graduate
    I had been debating joining a bootcamp for 1+ years, but was always so deterred by cost. I tried doing it myself and wasn't able to stick to a structured schedule. Then I found Avocademy. The price was within my budget, but beyond that, the length is what drew me in. I wanted to transition as soon as possible as with Avocademy, they gave a 6-8 week estimate of course completion. After that, you can enter into their career jumpstart program in which they pair you with clients for real design work and prep you for applications. The cool part is that you don't have to join if you feel comfortable enough with completing your portfolio on your own! In the Foundations course, I LOVED the mentorship that came along with it. Their mentors were incredibly knowledgable (Shoutout to Jordan, Radia, Maca, Lorianna, and more!!!!). It helped me see my projects in a new perspective and I loved the feedback. Beyond the mentorship, I made some incredible friends along the way and I'm so excited to see where our design journeys take us. Overall, 10/10 would recommend!!
  • Samantha • UX/UI Designer • Graduate
    I did the bootcamp followed by their career jumpstart program. They taught me the foundations of UX, kept in constant contact with mentors, filled my portfolio with real life clients, helped me write my resume, did mock interviews, guided me on job applications and helped me land a job making 2x what I was making in Education. They even helped me negotiate that job offer. I can't say enough good things about this program!
  • Madison Poe • UX Designer • Graduate
    I highly recommend the Career Jumpstart course to anyone and everyone. There are obvious reasons to take this course, like the real client projects that you'll have access to participate in, but beyond that Maca has created a determined support system and job hunting network. I never once questioned whether or not I would get a job - I knew it was only a matter of when. If you are open to feedback and use the resources that are provided for you, Avocademy will not let you fail. After only 3 weeks of applying for jobs, I had an offer! I could not have asked for a better experience. I felt supported throughout my entire journey, not only by the Avocademy staff, but also by the many other students who were going through the same process as me. The design teams that Maca organizes connect you with so many other talented designers and give you the chance to make connections and network,  lean on other job seekers for advice, and even make some new friends!
  • Jane Kim • Graduate
    I'm glad I joined Avocademy. It is very affordable compared to other bootcamps out there. The UX/UI Foundations Course is so in-depth and made me feel like I truly understood UX/UI Design. Avocademy has an amazing mentorship system, and all the students in the community are so motivated and kind-hearted. The course is extremely flexible, and as someone with a full-time job, I was still able to fit it within my schedule and work at my own pace. There are also guest speakers who join us to talk about their experience in the UX/UI world. I recommend everyone trying to get into UX/UI to get into this bootcamp.
  • Arina Lowery • Graduate
    I found Avocademy in August and because it was so much cheaper than any other bootcamps out there I decided to try it. Even though the Foundation course lasts for only about 8 weeks, it was a great learning experience for me. I was already acquainted with the field of UX/UI design but I needed more details about the process itself and I got a lot of it.
    Advantages:
    - Self-pace studying. It is always a great thing when you have a job or other responsibilities.
    - Good mentorship. You have a different mentor during different  parts of your project but for me it was a good thing because it's always nice to hear different opinions. The mentors I had worked with were super helpful and fast responding. You can also tell that mentors are genuinely trying to help your project look better, I had lots and lots of comments on my high-fidelity prototype but that was great. There was only one small  hiccup with one of the mentors: she didn't see my message in the thread because there were lots of others and I had to wait a week for her respond x) So my advice to students: ALWAYS DM your mentor, it is easier for them to see how many messages they haven't got through yet.
    - Resources. The school has lots of different articles about every single step of a design process. Of course, you need to find extra time to study them but it is worth it. It helped me understand lots of things I had problems with. Also different articles provide you different insights into design process and you could get something that would work particularly for you. Of course, you can easily find articles on anything yourself but you never know who wrote them and because you don't have that much experience you might fall into the trap of a completely unprofessional 'writer' who has no idea what they are talking about. Having resources the school provides you are worth reading.
    - Mentor sessions. One more cool thing is that you can schedule a 30 min call with a mentor if you have any questions and you want to discuss them verbally, without any messages (there are times when it is really easier to just call and talk about your problem rather than send texts back and forth).
    - Webinars with professionals and graduated students. I might be wrong here, but for me it always seemed like every single week there would be at least one webinar with either a professional designer or a former student talking about their experience either at work or during their studies. You can listen to them, ask your questions and re-watch the session later because all the videos are always recorded and uploaded on the school's website. I remember al least one session of a graduated student who successfully found a job and her talk about how to get used to your new responsibilities, how to overcome imposter syndrome, etc. That was a great topic for me and the video was really helpful.
    Disadvantages:
    - Made-up project. For your project you would come up with some area you are interested in and you would come up with a problem in that area which your product will solve. For me it was a little bit hard to be 2 people in 1: being a client as well as being a designer. Felt a little bit like the main character in 'Split' movie xD
    - Only one project.
    After finishing the foundation course you have only one project done (and portfolio asks for at least 3). So you either look for projects yourself or enroll Avocademy's Career Jumpstart course. As for me, I chose the second variant and now I am a student of Career Jumpstart and I love it as well.

All in all, my experience with this school has been amazing and if I had to choose which bootcamp to enroll again, I would definitely go with Avocademy.
  • Gabriel • student
    Exactly what I was looking for, straight to the point,  and packeted with knowledge. Maca and the other mentors were extremely helpful in guiding me through the process and pointing me go in the right direction. I would recommend it to everyone who is looking to make a career change to UX/UI Design.