avocademy-logo

Avocademy

Avocademy

Avocademy’s core program is an 8-week UX/UI Foundations course. Each expert-curated lesson in the curriculum builds on the previous content, helping students gain the knowledge and skill required to land a Junior UX/UI Designer job in a relatively short time frame. The UX/UI Foundations lessons consist of video and reading material. After learning key concepts and best practices, students test their knowledge by completing activities rooted in real-world UX/UI deliverables. Throughout the 8-week course, students complete an entire UX/UI project from research to high-fidelity prototyping and testing.

Students receive unlimited one-on-one mentorship each week to gather feedback on their project work and to ensure they have a strong understanding of the course material.

Recent Avocademy Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (118) reviews for Avocademy →

Recent Avocademy News

• Career Jumpstart

Design
    OnlinePart Time72 Weeks
    Through the career jumpstart program students complete real world client projects while collaborating with other designers. The team of mentors and career coaches help students finish their portfolios, refine their resumes, and go through the job application process. While also connecting students directly with hiring manager and recruitment partners to speed up the job search process. This program Includes unlimited mentor support (1-1 zoom calls and slack access) as well as weekly guest speaker sessions from designers from top companies. The program runs until you get a job or up to 12 months.
    Multiple Payment Options (up-front and at-graduation + financing through Affirm)
    $5000 up-front
    $5500 at-graduation
    7% of first years salary
    Refund / GuaranteeIf you complete all program requirements and don't get an offer, you don't pay!
    Prep WorkUX/UI Foundations Course
  • UX/UI Design Foundations

User Experience Design
    OnlinePart Time8 Weeks
    The curriculum covers design thinking, how to conduct research, information architecture, design, and ideation. Students will also learn wireframing, design systems, style guides, high fidelity mockups, prototyping, and testing. Avocademy students will build one end-to-end case study for their portfolio. There are a total of 90 hours of content, and students are expected to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the course.
    Lending partners available, including Affirm.
    Tuition PlansInstallment plans of three, six, twelve, and eighteen payments are also available.
  • Daniel Cubas  User Photo
    Daniel Cubas • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started my course at Avocademy on December 9th, 2021. Since I had the time to dedicate myself to the program full time, I wanted a BootCamp that could be up to my pace. I enjoyed the materials and the assignments are very helpful to understand the concepts of UX design.

Throughout the program, UX design mentors have to approve your work. This is a great educational tool as they will comment and give feedback to improve the work you are submitting. Mentors take their time to review everyone's work and schedule calls to help with assignments if needed. By the end of the course, you have 1 case study and develop a portfolio that you can continue building on after the foundation's course or through their career jumpstart program.

Another thing that I liked and found very valuable was the speaker's series. This is a series where UX professionals in the field would do an online presentation about helpful materials, tips, and skills to know in the UX world. There are a lot of guest speakers and they happen about once a week or more. If students are not able to attend the live session, a recorded version is available for all students within days. I enjoyed it!

Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Avocademy. The pacing, material, and assignments were great, and the mentorship and speakers series were priceless resources to learn and jump into the UX design field.
  • Career Jumpstart
    - 1/20/2022
    Becky  User Photo
    Becky • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course has helped me gain so much experience in such a concentrated amount of time. I have amazing products to put in my portfolio and I landed a job in two weeks of starting my search! The mentors were so helpful and available throughout all of my projects and the ups and downs. I never felt lost or confused. They helped me through the job search process and gave me all the necessary information to be successful in interviews, design challenges, negotiation and accepting a job! It's all very organized and professional. This changed my life. Best decision ever.
  • Camille  User Photo
    Camille • User Experience Developer II • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This Bootcamp is affordable, fast-paced, and intuitive. Within 6 months I went from having zero job prospects to working three different jobs. While the course does a great job of teaching the fundamentals of UX/UI, what really helped me was the mentorship! My mentors helped boost my confidence in so many different ways and really helped me thrive during this time of personal growth.
  • Ke'Ron Hall  User Photo
    Ke'Ron Hall • UX / UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Regarding a career pivot, Avocademy was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

When I first became interested in learning UX / UI design, I was quite unsure where to start. The field had different routes without without have a direct path to entry unlike other careers. I have spoken with a variety of bootcamps focusing on the field, but was intimidated by their high costs and other factors.

When I learned about Avocademy, I was hesitant and decided to conduct more research. Upon my research and some prayer, I decided to pursue this path with the program’s guidance.

The program itself was definitely interesting. Even though the duration is only 6-8 weeks, it was packed full of content to work through. I enjoyed every moment though. Each of the 6 modules was new and exciting to complete.

The mentorship was one of kind. I always brag about how personable the mentors are and that they definitely help make a difference for the students. Maca, the founder, is awesome as well!

She and the other mentors definitely care about the success of their students and I am happy to have met them. I love how kind, resourceful, and helpful everyone is; the mentors as well as my fellow classmates.

The next phase is Career Jumpstart which will solely focus on building my portfolio and then begin the hunt for a job position.

I am excited to continue forward with Avocademy and secure a UX / UI design role in the very near future. As I said prior, Avocademy was one of the best decisions I have ever made and the payoff will be just as rewarding.
  • Susie  User Photo
    Susie • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Avocademy changed my life. This affordable, approachable curriculum introduced me to key UX/UI concepts and gave me the confidence I needed to pursue this career in earnest.

Avocademy mentors are helpful and friendly, and the coursework is thorough without being overwhelming. I was able to complete the activities and projects at my own pace, and the mentors gave me great feedback to ensure my work was top-quality and portfolio-worthy.

Avocademy is self-paced with almost unlimited mentor support. Students can schedule one-on-one mentoring sessions to review their work, ask questions, and build connections with others in the industry.  If you're someone who thrives in an independent learning environment with support from experts, this course is perfect for you!

You'll also join a welcoming community of talented and curious UX designers all rooting for you to succeed. I would take this course again without hesitation, and I've already recommended it to friends and family.
  • Foundations Course
    Gabrielle Gibson  User Photo
    Gabrielle Gibson • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course is jam packed with information. I am greatful to gave learned as much as I did iver the course of time. It is supposed to be a 6week course however if you have other responsibilities it will take forever to complete.

Maca and her team are excellent and really help you achieve your goals for the capstone project.

Just note to get hired, one project isn’t enough. You need at least 3 so keep that in mind. There is another program for a price to help you get that new position.
  • Thankful!
    CJ  User Photo
    CJ • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've tried a different, short foundational UX/UI bootcamp before coming into Avocademy. The main reason I chose Avocademy ultimately for the "real thing" after researching many other bootcamps in a year was the unlimited 1:1 mentorship, and the affordable cost. A lot of bootcamps don't offer the call with mentor, some only offer a limited number. I also like how approachable all the mentors are. Maca (the owner) has been super helpful with any and all questions and issues I had. They're all just one Slack DM away. The curriculum was great, I didn't think it was possible to do everything that was listed on the modules by one person (myself) when I started the course and had a quick glance at them, but it was! I wouldn't say they're easy, they were challenging, but in a good way that helped my push myself out of my comfort zone. Again, the mentors were always there along the way, I don't think I could have done it without them, and my fellow students as well. In a couple of weeks I'm going to begin my Career Jumpstart journey so I'm very excited for that!
  • UX/UI Designer
    Diana P.  User Photo
    Diana P. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came across Avocademy through social media in September. However I had already been trying to learn UX/UI on my own, but I knew I was not going to keep up with it unless I had someone to guide me and provide feedback. Avocademy was a great opportunity. The course went through the foundations of UX and UI which led me to my capstone project. I am very proud of what I created. Along the way I received wonderful feedback from the mentors. All the resources were on the course and I knew I could reach out to the mentors at any time :) Great course, and I cannot wait to continue on my journey with UX and UI!
  • Super grateful
    - 12/1/2021
    Noemi  User Photo
    Noemi • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had just started pondering the thought about joining a UX Bootcamp when Avocademy popped up on my for you page on TikTok. I was hesitant at first but after seeing student portfolios, reading reviews I was sold. I started Avocademy at the very end of August and I was done by October so it's safe to say the course really is about 8 weeks long. Through my journey in Avocademy I have learned way more than I would have imagined. It's crazy to think I learned Figma, and completed an end to end project in just that short time period. The mentors were super helpful along the way! There were definitely time I got super frustrated and didn't know what to do but thanks to them I was able push through. Avocademy has also created a great community, even after completing the course I've stayed in contact with other students. Overall I feel like I truly have a great foundation to build on and I am grateful for Maca and the rest of the Avocademy team for helping me get to the next chapter of my life
  • UX Designer
    - 11/19/2021
    Lorianna   User Photo
    Lorianna • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Get ready for a long and emotional review: TLDR, I could not have done it without Avocademy ( and Maca - She is nothing less than incredible).

A quick background on myself, because I know all new students want to know where and why you switched to UX:
    I am a trained architect, I went to school in Mississippi, I always knew I didn’t want to follow the traditional track of architecture, but I did it anyway and struggled with it as expected. I can talk about that struggle for years - just call me and I’ll tell you the whole saga. But, after the 5 years of schooling, 4.5 years of designing buildings, worrying about how people will get out of my building in the event of a fire, dealing with international code / the city of Austin, and difficult engineers, ( a similar narrative to your own I am sure) I decided it was time for me to find a different path. This was at the very beginning of the pandemic (March 2020) - and we all know how that was -So, I decided to teach myself. (The internet is infinite right?!)  I took SO  many courses ( paid for them too), watched an insane amount of youtube videos and the main thing I was missing was feedback and above all things - mentorship. Somehow, Avocademy came across my feed - whether it was Instagram or tiktok - they took a hold of my attention. I scheduled a call with Maca and the rest is history.

I was got direct feedback from the mentors at Avocademy. They were able to let me know exactly where I was going wrong, where I needed to go to make it right, and once the program was finished, give me the confidence I needed to know I was fit to head out in the field, and create well thought out experiences for users. Even if you aren't a traditionally trained designer they are there to help you learn, grow, and gain the confidence you need to turn you into a real, bonified, UX/UI  designer.

If you are thinking about joining Avocademy, have a good sense of what looks and feels good, you should know that you will be supported, listened to, and will be ready to head out as a real UX designer at a real job, and be making real money. You won’t regret it.

• Simply the Best!!!
    - 11/18/2021
    Benny Sun  User Photo
    Benny Sun • UX Researcher • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took Avocademy's UX/UI Design Foundations Course earlier this year and wrote a review on that. I signed up for the Avocademy Career Jumpstart right after. I have to repeat this again - Avocademy is the BEST EVER UX/UI institute.

I accepted an offer as a UX Researcher at Morgan Stanley at the end of September (Only one month after I started applying) and I am starting my new career journey at the end of this month. I am beyond thrilled because before this, I had been in education and had no real experience with UX/UI Design at all.

I would love to share with everybody what I know and learned at Avocademy and how they helped me to get my first ever job in UX/UI Design. Through the Career Jumpstart Program, I have got

1. Many opportunities to work with other teammates on real-life projects;
    2. Very thorough help with my resume;
    3. Amazingly holistic review of all my case studies in my portfolio;
    4. Countless live mentor sessions on job search and prepping job interviews;
    5. Super helpful recorded lessons on job search;
    6. Daily job-search support sessions/check-ins;
    7. Weekly (in fact, twice a week for most weeks) Avocademy alumni live experience/story-sharing sessions;
    8. Shockingly effective job-tracking system that made me organized through the job application journey;
    9. A lot of vacant job information daily;
    10. Mock interviews.

I feel extremely lucky to have signed up for Avocademy. I would never have done this without the help that I got from them!!
  • UX/UI Design
    - 11/17/2021
    Ginni  User Photo
    Ginni • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The Avocademy UX/UI Foundations course was so great. I'd been wanting to learn UX for a while and this was a perfect option for me.  The course work can all be done on your own time, but mentors are available via chat or scheduled video call and will review your work before you move on to the next module.  Every mentor was friendly, encouraging and helpful.  I came out of the class with a great portfolio project and landed a job a couple months later.  The course is advertised as 6-8 weeks, but it took me about 10 weeks to complete the whole thing - which is fine as you let them know what's going on.