avocademy-logo

Avocademy

Avocademy

Avocademy’s core program is an 8-week UX/UI Foundations course. Each expert-curated lesson in the curriculum builds on the previous content, helping students gain the knowledge and skill required to land a Junior UX/UI Designer job in a relatively short time frame. The UX/UI Foundations lessons consist of video and reading material. After learning key concepts and best practices, students test their knowledge by completing activities rooted in real-world UX/UI deliverables. Throughout the 8-week course, students complete an entire UX/UI project from research to high-fidelity prototyping and testing.

Students receive unlimited one-on-one mentorship each week to gather feedback on their project work and to ensure they have a strong understanding of the course material.

Recent Avocademy Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (127) reviews for Avocademy →

Recent Avocademy News

• Career Jumpstart

Design
    OnlinePart Time72 Weeks
    Through the career jumpstart program students complete real world client projects while collaborating with other designers. The team of mentors and career coaches help students finish their portfolios, refine their resumes, and go through the job application process. While also connecting students directly with hiring manager and recruitment partners to speed up the job search process. This program Includes unlimited mentor support (1-1 zoom calls and slack access) as well as weekly guest speaker sessions from designers from top companies. The program runs until you get a job or up to 12 months.
    Multiple Payment Options (up-front and at-graduation + financing through Affirm)
    $5000 up-front
    $5500 at-graduation
    7% of first years salary
    Refund / GuaranteeIf you complete all program requirements and don't get an offer, you don't pay!
    Prep WorkUX/UI Foundations Course
  • UX/UI Design Foundations

User Experience Design
    OnlinePart Time8 Weeks
    The curriculum covers design thinking, how to conduct research, information architecture, design, and ideation. Students will also learn wireframing, design systems, style guides, high fidelity mockups, prototyping, and testing. Avocademy students will build one end-to-end case study for their portfolio. There are a total of 90 hours of content, and students are expected to commit approximately 15 hours per week to the course.
    Lending partners available, including Affirm.
    Tuition PlansInstallment plans of three, six, twelve, and eighteen payments are also available.
  • Great Course!
    - 4/7/2021
    April • Graduate
    I found the course to be straightforward and effective, full of relevant information. I appreciated the course being self-paced with easy access to mentors, along with job placement assistance.
  • Codey Smith • Digital marketing and e-commerce specialist • Graduate
    I have been considering doing a UX course for a while now. Most courses were way too expensive too consider or too long. After weeks of searching I found Avocademy. And I’m so glad I did. Great price and the perfect length.
    It’s is Avery practical course so you jump right into the portfolio project and learn as you go. I am a learn by doing type of person so this was perfect for me. Maca was so helpful in our mentor sessions, and always quick to reply when I reached out on slack.
    This was exactly what I needed to jump into my UX career.
  • UXUI course
    - 3/31/2021
    M Farid • Graduate
    Joining Avocademy is a great deccsion I made. Within 6-8 weeks I was ready with all the tools needed to start on a new career. Maca's one-on-one tutoring sessions were very helpful and the flexibility of the course allows you to complete it at your own time. Not to mention the price was very affordable comparing to competitors with even a better value!
  • UX/UI Bootcamp
    - 2/20/2021
    Cody • Graduate
    Avocademy is a fantastic course for anyone who is interested in learning about UX/UI Design. This course doesn’t break the bank like all the other courses I found. Maca (my mentor) was great and super helpful throughout the entire process. Always available to help with any questions or critiques that I needed. She even recorded videos for me to show me some tips & tricks in Figma that wasn’t a part of the actual course! Awesome to have something to showcase in your portfolio once you finish the course and Maca is was there after the course to help with my resume and job applications! If you’re interested in UX/UI Design, please schedule a mentor session with Maca and Avocademy!
  • Alex I. • Graduate
    Maca is wonderful! The context alone is so helpful for a beginner. Extremely thorough, and the source material is so varied that you're able to process and apply immediately to the activities that follow. The activities aren't just for learning but they also end up making up your entire portfolio piece. All in all, I learned so much, and having Maca available for questions and feedback really built my confidence by the time I was done. I can't wait to reference and apply the material for future projects!
  • Great Mentorship
    - 1/25/2021
    Kelsey • Student
    Avocademy is a great course for anyone looking to start out in UX Design. I like that it is structured, so I can check off my readings and activities along the way. Maca (my mentor) has also been really responsive, and always answers my messages. She is always willing to help, and has even recorded some personal tutorial videos for me to explain how to do something on Figma (the design software). I also feel like her feedback is constructive, professional, and personable, and you can talk to her through video chat, or her new Slack Community group she created (which is also cool to see the other people in the class).

Coming into UX, I was really unsure about what I wanted to do and if I could accomplish it. I graduated college last year, had a career change, and didn't know if UX would be for me. I only recently discovered it, and was very overwhelmed about how to get into it. However, I feel like Maca has been so flexible, which has helped me to not feel overwhelmed. She helps to personalize the course to my needs, and is willing to work with me on my time frame. Also, I feel like the value of the course has been really great, especially when you see the price of other competitors.

I feel like I am learning a lot, and while it is a lot of hard work, it also feels very rewarding.
  • UX Made Simple
    - 1/23/2021
    Kenny • UX Designer • Graduate
    Maca is one of the nicest and honest instructors I've taken a course with. Avocademy has a great layout for learning things in sequential order where it all makes sense. The topics build off one another and has such a great flow that you're actually learning, rather than completing modules and forgetting past topics. This course is definitely for someone that wants to transition into UX without the high price tag and lackluster mentorship. I think that the guidance and mentorship from Maca is worth more than what the course is set at - she is always available in a timely manner to make sure you understand why and how, not just telling you simple answers. As well, the course is what you make of it. There is no micro-managing, except the 6-weeks timeline; if you're not a self-starter and lack motivation to do something unless someone tells you to do it, then this may not be the right course for you. However, through the mentor sessions and working alongside Maca, you can tell she cares about her students and wants them all to succeed in the course. A bonus is having the community of current and past students to help answer questions or give guidance while you're working your way through this course. Lastly, this is one of the few courses i've taken where opportunities to improve beyond the course are directly offered through real-world experience without a catch. If you decide to join, you'll be in great hands with Maca and Avocademy! I do not regret my decision one bit.
  • Hoda • Student
    While having a busy schedule as a graduate student and working part-time, enrolling in Avocademy was the best decision I have made for transitioning into a UX design career. The curriculum is self-paced so it's so easy to work around your schedule and you learn so much in the process. The unlimited one-on-one mentoring, UX resources, activities, and feedback that were offered gave me confidence in my skills and I feel like I have learned so much in such a short amount of time. Maca also offers job assistance and is always sharing real, hands-on UX design projects that students can be a part of. Highly recommend this course for anyone looking to make the switch into UX!
    I had an overall really great experience with Career Jumpstart. The main motivator behind why I went with Avocademy over other programs was the price. Typically when something is significantly cheaper, it shows. But not with this program. I was able to learn so much as a designer and land my dream role. It definitely wasn't easy, especially working full time. But I am happy to finally be here after so much hard work. I never felt lost as I always had knowledgeable mentors helping and guiding me.
    I started foundations in January and just finished my 2nd client project in career jumpstart. Looking back at my work, I can truly say that Avocademy has equipped me with strong design skills that will hopefully land me a job in the near future. The mentorship has been my favorite part of this bootcamp. Everyone truly has your best interest in mind and are available to talk about anything and everything regarding careers in UX design.
  • UI/UX Designer
    - 6/26/2022
    Avocademy is a great program. I think it really gives you the right tools and foundation to start doing UI/UX work. The project centered curriculum is a great way to understand what a job or client will ask of you and there are a lot of free resources that are shared when going through the modules for further study. I think it's a great first step in changing your career.
  • Student Review
    - 6/24/2022
    As a whole, Avocademy is a a great if not the best way to switch careers considering the price, mentorship, and content/curriculum. I found the education covered everything one would need to know to enter this field of work successfully.
    The only concern was deadlines sometimes as often they had to be pushed back due to the time it took to get a submission reviewed, but 1. I wasn't in rush, 2. it was never longer than a few business days, 3. there were no consequences for not meeting original deadlines as they are accommodating and understanding, so it wasn't really an issue.