Are Coding Bootcamps the new "replacement" for college degrees? Or are bootcamp grads missing out on valuable Computer Science theory by opting out of a traditional CS degree? As coding bootcamps rise in popularity, they face both praise and criticism- but what is the real difference between these two education paths? Join Course Report and our expert panel (seriously, these folks are running the best bootcamps in the world) to dive into this topic: CS Degrees vs Coding Bootcamps.
- Ruan Pethiyagoda, Hack Reactor
- Shaun Johnson, co-founder of Startup Institute
- Jeff Casimir, CEO of Turing School
- David Yang, co-founder of Fullstack Academy
- Joe Burgess, Director of Faculty at Flatiron School
- Dave Paola, co-founder of Bloc
This webinar is perfect for future bootcampers or anyone interested in the coding bootcamp industry.
What we cover:
- The exact differences between a coding bootcamp and a CS degree. Is the tradeoff as simple as "theory vs practice?"
- How both education paths will impact your career outlook.
- What are bootcamps doing to evolve and how will that overlap with universities?
- Which jobs still require a CS degree and what employers should be doing to hire qualified bootcamp grads.
- Plus, the panel will answer live audience questions as we chat!
What are Data Structures?
Hack Reactor instructor Fred Zirdung explains arrays, trees, objects, graph data structures, & more.
Episode 39: March 2019 Bootcamp News
Read or listen to our roundup of all the coding bootcamp news from March 2019!
33 Summer Coding Bootcamps
Learn to code this summer (updated for 2019)!