Are Coding Bootcamps the new "replacement" for college degrees? Or are bootcamp grads missing out on valuable Computer Science theory by opting out of a traditional CS degree? As coding bootcamps rise in popularity, they face both praise and criticism- but what is the real difference between these two education paths? Join Course Report and our expert panel (seriously, these folks are running the best bootcamps in the world) to dive into this topic: CS Degrees vs Coding Bootcamps.
We're so excited about the panel joining us for this webinar:
- Ruan Pethiyagoda, Hack Reactor
- Shaun Johnson, co-founder of Startup Institute
- Jeff Casimir, CEO of Turing School
- David Yang, co-founder of Fullstack Academy
- Joe Burgess, Director of Faculty at Flatiron School
- Dave Paola, co-founder of Bloc
This webinar is perfect for future bootcampers or anyone interested in the coding bootcamp industry.
In this panel discussion, we'll cover:
- The exact differences between a coding bootcamp and a CS degree. Is the tradeoff as simple as "theory vs practice?"
- How both education paths will impact your career outlook.
- What are bootcamps doing to evolve and how will that overlap with universities?
- Which jobs still require a CS degree and what employers should be doing to hire qualified bootcamp grads.
- Plus, the panel will answer live audience questions as we chat!
How to Pass a Technical Job Interview
Learn which questions you'll be asked, how to answer them, and how to prepare for the interview!
How Successful Are Bootcamp Grads?
What will your career look like post-bootcamp? Watch a video Q&A with Flatiron School's Careers VP
8 Steps to Keep Learning After Bootcamp
Learn what it takes to stay on top of your learning after you finish a coding bootcamp!