Zipfian was acquired by Galvanize in 2014. Check out Galvanize here!
Zipfian is an intensive, 12-week program in San Francisco, CA aims to graduate proficient data scientists. The curriculum has been crafted by practicioners in the field and is based on hands-on projects and real-world applications. The full curriculum covers software engineering, machine learning, statistics and probability, utilities: shell/UNIX, data at scale, and then how to acquire, store, transform, and visualize that data. Zipfian promises an intimate class size (only 15 students are admitted per cohort), mentorship from instructors and industry experts, high-quality datasets, individual and group projects, and a hiring day at the end of the program to match graduates with premier tech companies. In addition to the 12-week immersive course, Zipfian also offers an online Intro to Data Science Class Series that includes six 1.5-hour lectures, class exercises to provide hands-on practice, and access to an online Q&A forum where professors can answer students' questions.
Recent Zipfian Academy News
0 reviews sorted by:
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Our latest on Zipfian Academy
You don’t have to be a data scientist to read into these statistics: A McKinsey Global Institute report estimates that by 2018 the US could be facing a shortage of more than 140,000 data scientists. The field of data science is growing, and with it so does the demand for qualified data scientists. Sounds like a good time to pursue data science, right? No kidding! Data scientists make an average national salary of $118,000. If you’re looking to break into data science, or just trying to refresh and hone the skills you already have, Course Report has you covered. Check out this comprehensive list of the best data science bootcamps and programs in the U.S. and Europe for technologies like Hadoop, R, and Python.
(updated August 2016)Continue Reading →