ux-design-institute-logo

UX Design Institute

UX Design Institute

UX Design Institute is an accredited online UX design program that offers intensive 6-month or 12-month courses, resulting in a Professional Diploma in UX Design from the Glasgow Caledonian University. Courses cover UX principles, user research, analysis frameworks, interaction design, prototyping, and wireframing. The courses are delivered entirely online with video modules and regular mentor-led webinars. Each course has a dedicated mentor, all of which are UX professionals with years of industry experience. Students create several projects throughout their time in the program with the aim of enhancing their prospects in the job market. The programs conclude with a 2-hour exam required to receive the Diploma.

UX Design Institute applicants don’t need experience in design or technology to enroll. Having one or both may help you advance, but the program was created with beginners in mind. Students are admitted on a case-by-case basis after a consultation with one of UDI’s Education Advisors. Applicants fill out an online form after which someone from the UX design institute will follow up to discuss enrollment. Critical factors in the initial discussion will be prior applicable skills, commitment to the program, and proficiency in English – all course communications are in English. After an applicant has been accepted, they can begin.

UX Design Institute works with an Industry Advisory Council which includes companies like Dell, Slack, Mastercard, SAP, and Virgin Media. The advisory board ensures that courses are continually updated with the skills students need to make them relevant in the job market. Alumni have gone on to work with companies like Amazon, Airbnb, Uber, and Google.

Recent UX Design Institute Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (44) reviews for UX Design Institute →

Recent UX Design Institute News

• Professional Diploma in UX Design (structured)

User Experience Design
      OnlineFull Time26 Weeks
      The 6-month Professional Diploma in UX Design from the Glasgow Caledonian University covers UX principles, user research, analysis frameworks, interaction design, prototyping, and wireframing. The courses are delivered entirely online with video modules and regular mentor-led webinars.
      Minimum Skill LevelApplicants don’t need experience in design or technology to enroll. Having one or both may help you advance, but the program was created with beginners in mind.
    • UX design course
      - 12/18/2020
      Iulian Mihaita • Graduate
      Pros for the course
      - Well structured, with plenty of valuable information to learn from.
      - Course material in interactive and having to do projects along the way is very helpful to practice.
      - Feedback on your projects and what to improve is great and to the point.
      - You get access to slack groups where everyone is supportive and helpful.
      - Shows software that can be used which is good for those like me that had no idea.
      - You get Glasgow Caledonian University on your diploma as the course is a collaboration with them.
      - Can do it in your own pace as you have 1 year to complete it.

Cons for the course
      - Can be a bit pricey, but is not the most expensive out there.
      - Doesn’t provide an idea/test practice for the final exam, so you go through all the course material.
    • Marie-Claire • Marketing Consultant • Graduate
      I would say overall it was worth my time and money. I have no previous design experience and found learning the entire process incredibly helpful.  I think I have learned a lot of skills that are applicable outside of the world of UX especially in research/analysis and the design process.

The course is taught over ten modules with UX concepts on video. You are also given 6 webinars live with an expert where you can showcase your work and get feedback or at least see what others are doing. Then on top of that, and what I've found an enormous help, you are given access to a Slack channel with your course mates as well as a general Slack channel for everyone who is on the course. These are really active, especially the latter, and lots of people post their projects for feedback which I find really helpful to take on board myself. There is also regular interaction with course tutors on email when you submit projects.

I was expected to do at least 11 projects, and there is a total of 16 (if you opt to do them all you would be doing mobile and desktop). These are research (user testing, in-depth interviews, survey, competitor benchmarking) analysis (empathy maps, affinity diagram, flow diagram), and design (define navigation, define interactions, prototype and wireframe) and then a multiple-choice exam which is pass/fail. I've given them 3/5 for 'job assistance' but this isn't a major focus of the course - they do however give very helpful tips on portfolio building and job hunting in the final module.
      High pressure salesman talked a good game and pressured me into this with discounted admission. At first it sounded great. Then I got into the course modules. The modules looked to be pieced together from various microsoft sources and information and just a mish mash of information. Then we got our assignments, which had absolutely nothing to do with the assigned  readings and which featured programs that, as a beginner, I had never used, never heard of and didn't have the first clue how to use. I asked for help in our first required online lecture (which was also a joke and basically had the instructor just mumbling to himself as he did things in the program that I had no clue how to even follow) and he said he would help at the end of class, but when class ended he shut it off and I got nothing. So I have no first assignment whatsoever. I tried for three hours the next day and got nowhere so I gave up out of disgust. I haven't even looked at the second module yet because I already know it's another program I have not a clue how to use. There's no way to reach my instructor other than Slack and all he does is send YouTube links to explain stuff. If I wanted to learn from YouTube I could have saved several thousands of dollars and done it free. I indicated my disgust in Slack and in an email to my "admissions advisor" (most people here seem to have pseudonyms, hmm, wonder why) and he arranged a call where I could barely understand him because of his thick accent, where they basically said they would tutor me and help. That's nice, I guess, but he keeps telling me everything will be OK and I don't see how since I have no clue what I am doing whatsoever. I feel like a 5 year old in a room full of people talking about astrophysics. No idea.  I frankly feel I should just drop the course as I am getting nothing from it but useless YouTube links so we will see what happens. I'm not feeling optimistic at all. Oh, and this course has NOTHING to do with FAU; it's a third party that's somehow using FAU's name, so be advised if you're looking for that as you will be sorely disappointed. Overall I feel like this was not represented honestly and I feel taken advantage of.  Save your money and watch YouTube. It's free and that's what they'll give you anyway.
      Course structure is great, be ready to buy some books. I am not complaining as I really found them useful and a  must have. Content was great, it really gave me an understanding about UX. But the consent itself won't do it alone. You need to be curious and research in depth a bit more. You also need to put some work on it.
    • Ux Designer
      - 2/17/2021
      Awesome experience, easy learning approach, a lot of practice, support team really helpful, interesting webinars, new skills and software! Super
      Found the course to be very helpful if you are starting out in UX. The support provided by the team is next to none and you have access to a great UX community via Slack. Would like to have some textbook to accompany the course but overall videos were great. Would definitely use take another course with them again.
    • UX Design
      - 1/21/2021
      Great course materials and engaging lessons
      Projects that turn into actual learning experience
      Excellent and instant support from the UXDI team