UX Design Institute
UX Design Institute is an accredited online UX design program that offers intensive 6-month or 12-month courses, resulting in a Professional Diploma in UX Design from the Glasgow Caledonian University. Courses cover UX principles, user research, analysis frameworks, interaction design, prototyping, and wireframing. The courses are delivered entirely online with video modules and regular mentor-led webinars. Each course has a dedicated mentor, all of which are UX professionals with years of industry experience. Students create several projects throughout their time in the program with the aim of enhancing their prospects in the job market. The programs conclude with a 2-hour exam required to receive the Diploma.
UX Design Institute applicants don’t need experience in design or technology to enroll. Having one or both may help you advance, but the program was created with beginners in mind. Students are admitted on a case-by-case basis after a consultation with one of UDI’s Education Advisors. Applicants fill out an online form after which someone from the UX design institute will follow up to discuss enrollment. Critical factors in the initial discussion will be prior applicable skills, commitment to the program, and proficiency in English – all course communications are in English. After an applicant has been accepted, they can begin.
UX Design Institute works with an Industry Advisory Council which includes companies like Dell, Slack, Mastercard, SAP, and Virgin Media. The advisory board ensures that courses are continually updated with the skills students need to make them relevant in the job market. Alumni have gone on to work with companies like Amazon, Airbnb, Uber, and Google.
Recent UX Design Institute Reviews: Rating 4.8
Recent UX Design Institute News
- User Experience Design
OnlineFull Time26 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost €2,450 Class size N/A Location OnlineThe 6-month Professional Diploma in UX Design from the Glasgow Caledonian University covers UX principles, user research, analysis frameworks, interaction design, prototyping, and wireframing. The courses are delivered entirely online with video modules and regular mentor-led webinars.
Minimum Skill Level Applicants don’t need experience in design or technology to enroll. Having one or both may help you advance, but the program was created with beginners in mind. Placement Test No Interview Yes
UX Design Institute Reviews
44 reviews sorted by:
- No prior UX Design experience- 3/17/2021Emil Bejmo • Graduate • Course: Professional Diploma in UX Design (structured) • Campus: OnlinePrior to the course started I did not even know what UX was. After going through structured and professional video lessons with interesting and (for me) challenging projects I can now say I have a good understanding about how the UX process works. I would highly recommend this course for anybody who is interested in user experience
- An absolute must for your UX career- 3/15/2021Yakari Van Dessel • UX Designer & Researcher • Student • Course: Professional Diploma in UX Design (structured) • Campus: OnlineThe UX Design Institute UX design course is an absolute must for every aspiring UX designer. Even if you are an experienced UX designer, you can still learn a tremendous amount about the process in a way that is considered the industry standard by the most respectful companies in the tech industry. The six-month course takes you form starting level to advanced level with theory and an interesting project. You'll learn from how to explain the value of UX to stakeholders, management and colleagues until how to execute deliverables for the development team. This and many other topics are discussed during this amazing course. I might sound excited, but that's because I am. Thank you to the UX Design Institute team for developing such a professional and comprehensive course.
- Professional Diploma in UX design- 3/14/2021Ylva • Bergvik • Student • Campus: Online
- Professional Diploma in UX Design- 2/26/2021Mim O'Flynn • Founder, The Elephant Hive • Student • Course: Professional Diploma in UX Design (structured) • Campus: OnlineGreat course, very well structured. Ability to learn at own pace and time as long as assignments are submitted by deadlines. Very helpful team and tutors who were always offering help and support if needed. Slack channel with fellow learners was excellent too as were live webinars and workshops run by the UX Design Institute. Would definitely recommend this course for anyone considering getting into UX Design or involved in a startup and needing to understand enough from a 'Product' perspective.
- Professional diploma in UX design- 2/24/2021Amal Ahmed • UX designer • Student • Course: Professional Diploma in UX Design (structured) • Campus: Online
- Professional Diploma in UX Design- 2/23/2021Orla • GraduateThe course is very well structured and delivered in a manner that is relatable and easy to follow. The course strikes a nice balance between practice and theory, as it is both theoretically comprehensive and practically inclined, without ever feeling overwhelmingly one or the other. Each module leads the learner through a series of processes that serve as a roadmap for developing a solid and meaningful user experience. During the process, you will learn among other methodologies, how to correctly conduct user surveys, heuristic evaluations and usability tests as well as producing customer journey maps and flows.The course is very well scaffolded, with successive projects ultimately culminating in a capstone project that helps learners incorporate and apply all they have learned into a medium or high fidelity working prototype.One of the aspects of the course that impressed me most was the emphasis on professionally relevant curricula. I feel that this emphasis on industry requirements lends a tangible, real-world dimension to this course that is both refreshing and reassuring.All the tutors that I interacted with were very professional, helpful and accommodating and the feedback on projects was informed and thorough.Having taken some other courses in this space, I would have liked to have seen more peer collaboration and perhaps some interactive quizzes after each module. I do however recognise that this won’t work for everyone and I understand that the UX Design Institute has put a huge amount of work into delivering an engaging and well-balanced curriculum. Overall, I found the course to be very rewarding and I have since received very positive feedback on the body of work I produced during the course from industry thought leaders and professionals alike.
- Professional Diploma in UX Design- 2/20/2021KABELO MAITISA • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: Professional Diploma in UX Design (structured) • Campus: OnlineI have learned the mindset, the confidence and the skills that make UX designers so valuable with a globally recognized, industry-approved qualification. The Professional Diploma in UX Design gave me a thorough understanding of the concepts and techniques today’s employers are looking for.
I have gained practical skills that can give businesses a competitive advantage by providing great experiences to their users through designs. I found the course to be extremely well and provided grateful information. I had never taken an online class before and I definitely learned a lot and understand the UX Design process to create good products that provide meaningful and relevant experiences to end users.
- User Experience Design- 2/13/2021Nick • Graduate • Course: Professional Diploma in UX Design (structured) • Campus: OnlineThe experience was sub par. I haven’t left a review for anything in my life, but I felt this was important for anyone looking to make a career pivot.
I’ll start with the pros:
- course is easy
- graduated within 3 months
- responsive in slack
- Eoghan is probably the best mentor there
- mentor ship isn’t really mentor ship, it’s more so people responding to questions on a forum. If you’re looking for that 1 on 1 quality development, continue searching for a different school. James is one of the mentors there and he is extremely rude and pretentious.
- videos are outdated
- grading process is archaic
- the final exam doesn’t necessarily align well with what we learn in the course (I did pass however)
My biggest takeaways in regards to skills from this course were:
Usability Testing, Affinity Diagrams and Prototyping/Wireframing.
You can learn this stuff on YouTube.
All in all, you get what you pay for. It was about a $2000 course. I managed to finish in 3 months (January 2021). If you’re looking to get your feet wet I’d recommend anything in Udemy. The investment cost for a career pivot might be more rewarding in courses like Career Foundry or General Assembly.
- Review- 1/21/2021Tom Waterman • N/A • Graduate • Course: Professional Diploma in UX Design (structured) • Campus: Online
- Diploma in UX Design- 1/20/2021Gareth Morgan • Self employed designer • Student • Course: Professional Diploma in UX Design (structured) • Campus: Online
- Professional Diploma in UX Design- 1/8/2021Elisabeth Muhrbeck • Graduate • Course: Professional Diploma in UX Design (structured) • Campus: OnlineThis course is great for those considering a career / career change towards UX Design. Being an industrial designer and familiar with the methods taught in this course, this course have both deepened and sharpened my design researching skills, and I would recommend it to both beginners and professionals. It gives you solid knowledge not just briefly going through "app design" as many other courses do.
- Great course for All UX Design- 12/22/2020Michael • Web Dev • Graduate • Campus: Online