uw-boot-camps-logo

UW Boot Camps

Seattle

UW Boot Camps

UW Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time, and 12-week, full-time web development courses, and 24-week, part-time FinTech courses in Seattle and Bellevue. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, Heroku, Git, and Java. The FinTech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UW Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 12 or 24-week boot camps, students have access to career-planning services, portfolio and resume reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or financial technology.

UW Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U Inc. Brand.

Recent UW Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (57) reviews for UW Boot Camps →

Recent UW Boot Camps News

• Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course offered through the UW Professional & Continuing Education in Seattle, WA. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students will build a portfolio of web applications to showcase their knowledge and benefit from a wide range of career services to position them for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development.
    • Part-Time, FinTech Boot Camp

Excel, Algorithms, Crypocurrency, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
      LocationSeattle
      Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend classes. Gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Bellevue)

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.

• $500 UW Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UW Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle) (Seattle)
      • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Bellevue) (Seattle)
      • Part-Time, FinTech Boot Camp (Seattle)
      • Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)
    • Katherine Tenhouse  User Photo
      Katherine Tenhouse • Graduate Verified via GitHub

When I first started plotting out a career change from retail operations into retail technology, I wasn't sure what my path would look like. I knew the tech stack that my teams were using and I knew there were plenty of ways to teach myself programming languages online -- what I didn't know was how to put it together in a real world context. This course included a practical, hands-on approach to the stack I wanted to learn, including time in person with other students. We practiced pair programming, working in small teams, and other key skills. By the end of the course, I was even able to build an iOS and Android app.

Most important of all, the confidence I have now is incredible. Before this program, I never would have felt comfortable building something and presenting it to a company. Now I'm pitching an idea directly to a company I admire and so far folks are incredibly receptive.

Friday, Jun 07 2019
      Amazing, Katherine! We're happy you enjoyed the in-person classroom experience and benefited from the support of our team. It's great to hear you not only learned the fundamentals of web development but feel confident in your newfound skills. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your review! All the best as you continue on your new career path.
    • Left wanting more.
      - 2/12/2019
      Max Smith  User Photo
      Max Smith • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I want to start off by saying that the UW Coding Bootcamp exceeded my expectations. The main instructor, Arron, was genuine, easy going, and went above and beyond to ensure the class was getting the best experience. All of the TAs were easy to approach with questions and troubleshooting issues.

The course material was easy to follow, yet allowed for ample room to experiment with our own additions. Although I was taking the course while working a full-time job, the pace of the course and rigor of the assignments allowed me to succesfully submit quality work.

Although the bootcamp sped through some of the subjects quickly (i.e. React) I felt they provided me with a nice foundation to go out and continue exploring. I also enjoyed being a part of such a diverse class. Every student had a unique background and it made for a unique group project experience.

Tuesday, Feb 12 2019
      Thank you, Max! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and felt supported by your our entire instructional team — we also agree that Arron is the best. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you sharing your experience! Best of luck as you continue forward.
    • Albert David  User Photo
      Albert David • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
      This was the best learning experience I ever had. I want to mention a couple names-- Arron Linton is impeccable with his skills and sense of humor. He's always willing to go the extra mile and follow up in office hours in case you need in-depth understanding of things. Jen Alexander is the best student success manager and is always willing to help you out with whatever it takes to succeed. And then come my TA's--they are excellent too. Available and ready to help in case you get stuck. Last but not least, the peers are a pleasure to work with as well--it was fun building projects with them. It's the perfect balance between in person and online. So in a nutshell, you get plenty of support while on your path to success. This class required a lot of determination and challenged me in ways I didn't know was possible, but allowed me to grow tremendously. Be ready to code for 20 hours / week outside of class. I wish the class never ended! Congrats everyone!
      Monday, Feb 11 2019
      Way to go, Albert! We're glad to hear you had such a positive learning experience and benefited from our entire team's support — we also think Arron, Jen, and the rest of our instructional team are pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We can't wait to see the amazing things you will accomplish with the new skills you gained.
    • Jared Yslas  User Photo
      Jared Yslas • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Excellent Program! I highly recommend this to anyone interested in programming and web development.  Arron and the instructional staff were very knowledgable and genuinely interested in your success.  The program is thorough and intense.  Come prepared to do the work, this is not a passive learning experience.

Tuesday, Feb 05 2019
      Thank you for your review, Jared! We're thrilled you had such a positive student experience and felt supported by our entire instructional team. We appreciate you recommending our program and sharing advice for future participants. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the success in your future endeavors!
    • Aidan Quigley • Research Scientist • Student
      In march of 2020 COVID shut down the United States, and I broke my leg. I decide to use this down time to pick up a skill I had always aspired to attain, coding. I enrolled in UW's bootcamp and was placed in Anthony Brown's class. The class was managable while I was on break from work but when I began working again I quickly found it necessary to triage work and fell behind. The last month was a hustle to catch back up but throughout the entire experience I was supported by a strong framework provided by Triology education. The Instructor Anthony Brown was exceedingly helpful and patient. He consistently went above and beyond to help the students, including myself. He has a knack for going at a pace which allows him to be clear and concise. His depth of knowledge was astounding, outshined only by his ability to problem solve when we found ourselves in situations that were new to everyone, Anthony included. What I really learned from Anthony was not an ability to code (although I learned this too) but rather a logical pattern of problem solving, a mindset that allowed me to break down a problem and take it one step at a time. This framework is something I will use and build upon throughout my entire carreer.
      Wednesday, Sep 16 2020
      Way to go, Aidan! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to learn the fundamentals of full-stack web development. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced and challenging program, one that will require extensive hours both inside and outside of the classroom, so we commend all the hard work you dedicated. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad to hear they were helpful and encouraging throughout your learning journey—we also have to agree that Anthony is amazing. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
    • Armenuhi Avanesyan • Student
      I genuinely enjoyed learning in this program. The instructor(John) and the TAs were amazingly helpful. The program offers lots of supplemental services such as tutors and office hours for people who need a little bit of extra help on assignments and projects. Also, the curriculum is well designed. Overall, I would recommend the program to anyone interested in getting started.
      Monday, Aug 24 2020
      Thank you for sharing your learning experience, Armenuhi! Great advice for prospective candidates - taking advantage of all the boot camp's resources, like tutoring and office hours, will definitely help you succeed. Congratulations on completing the program and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
    • Eric Purrington • Student
      I went into this bootcamp without ever opening up a terminal or even writing any HTML. Now I am a Full-Stack Web Developer. The lessons were structured very well and up to date. The instructor and TAs were absolutely amazing/happy to help with every little hiccup.
      Monday, Aug 24 2020
      Way to go, Eric! We're glad you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Marie • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate
      After over 4 years of trying to find the perfect bootcamp this one just dropped into my lap (well it was an Instagram add so it really dropped into my hand). I think this bootcamp is an AMAZING value and I would highly recommend it for a $$ to knowledge ratio.  There's a lot of bootcamps out there that take their value a little too seriously and really get you with the tuition costs.  The amount of knowledge you gain in this bootcamp is worth 6x what you pay for it.  If you have been on the fence, take the leap and go for it.

If you have zero knowledge or you're looking to brush up on your skills look no further.  This bootcamp covers everything you need and with hard work, diligence and a focus on the plan you can absolutely land a job after graduation.  Not only does the bootcamp cover all the topics that you need but the instructional staff is so helpful when it comes to networking and getting your career moving.  The instruction team was knowledgable and always patient, there is always a question or 20 to be answered and they are there for you at all hours of the night (yes 1am zoom calls happened).

What you put into this program you will get out of it twice as much.  UW and Trilogy work together to give you all the resources you need to be successful.  If you work hard and follow the lead of industry professionals you can't fail.There is no better time to start then NOW! Good Luck!
      Wednesday, Jun 24 2020
      Amazing, Marie! We're happy you found the boot camp to be a valuable learning experience and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. It's great to know you enjoyed the curriculum and found our entire team to be helpful throughout your journey. You're completely right that what you put into the program is what you get out, so we commend all the hard work you dedicated these past few weeks. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!
    • Erica • Program Manager • Graduate
      The UW Web Development boot camp exposed me to many technologies, quickly. It was very challenging at times and i had one or two breakdowns, but it was well worth the time, money, and effort. I'll be starting my Masters in SWE this fall and the bootcamp gave me great exposure and a good foundation as a developer. I'm confident in my web development skills and don't doubt I'll land the developer job I desire in the future.
      Monday, Jun 22 2020
      We appreciate your review, Erica! We're thrilled to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development and were exposed to new technologies. Congratulations on graduating, we commend all your hard work! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    • Jeff Ball • Student

The UW Web Development boot camp is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to get into programming. It's a chance to get into one of the most exciting fields out there. Take the plunge. It's worth it.

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      Amazing, Jeff! We appreciate your recommendation and are glad you're enjoying your boot camp experience. Thanks for sharing your review, we're excited to see what you will continue to accomplish!
    • student
      - 6/13/2019
      Amanuel

It is awsome expericene in the bootcamp.  It has been 3 month's since I start and I learned a lot. The teachers and the teacher assistant help us very well.

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      Thanks for your review, Amanuel! We're thrilled you're enjoying the program. We're rooting you on as you continue towards graduation!
    • Catherine • Graduate

I just completed the part time coding boot camp. What an experience! I learned a lot, forgot some, learned some more. I already had some coding experience coming into this, so I hit the ground running, but even those who did not have any experience were prepared by the boot camp's pre-work. I appreciated that the instructor and TAs have industry experience because we could learn about their insights into the industry in addition to the coding knowledge. Some of the curriculum could be updated to suit current industry trends, but overall it provided a great base for future learning. After all, this is an industry where you have to keep learning. Career services are as good as you choose to make them. I wish there was more in person support, but I understand that remote services are much more cost effective, and we all know how big of an investment these boot camps are! Obviously I can't compare to any other boot camp, but I can say that I had a great experience, and I would recommend this boot camp to others.

Tuesday, Jun 11 2019
      Way to go, Catherine! We're thrilled you benefited from our knowledgeable instructional team and received helpful industry insights. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review and feedback! All the best as you move forward.