uw-boot-camps-logo

UW Boot Camps

Seattle

UW Boot Camps

UW Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time, and 12-week, full-time web development courses, and 24-week, part-time FinTech courses in Seattle and Bellevue. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, Heroku, Git, and Java. The FinTech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UW Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 12 or 24-week boot camps, students have access to career-planning services, portfolio and resume reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or financial technology.

UW Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U Inc. Brand.

Recent UW Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (57) reviews for UW Boot Camps →

Recent UW Boot Camps News

• Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course offered through the UW Professional & Continuing Education in Seattle, WA. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students will build a portfolio of web applications to showcase their knowledge and benefit from a wide range of career services to position them for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development.
    • Part-Time, FinTech Boot Camp

Excel, Algorithms, Crypocurrency, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
      LocationSeattle
      Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend classes. Gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Bellevue)

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.

• $500 UW Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UW Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle) (Seattle)
      • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Bellevue) (Seattle)
      • Part-Time, FinTech Boot Camp (Seattle)
      • Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)
    • Darryl Williams  User Photo
      Darryl Williams • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I took this course because I needed a career change. I signed up for the in-person course because that's how I feel I learn best. Then BOOM, about 2 weeks in COVID hit and we were all online. The transition was effortless. Our instructor John kept everything rolling like nothing has changed. Our TA's Ben and Abdul never let up on the support. There were a lot of late night Zoom calls, because they wanted to make sure we understood the content. Not gonna lie, about half way in, I wanted to quit. I was overwhelmed with the amount of information that we were learning and I felt like I was too far behind to complete the course. The conversation I had with John, Abdul and Ben convinced me to stay and I'm glad I did. In just six months, I have a whole other skill set that employers are looking for and I'm ready to get out there and see what this world has to offer!
      Monday, Aug 24 2020
      Way to go, Darryl! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're thrilled you found the transition to online classes effortless and are taking advantage of all the boot camp's resources as well as benefiting from the ongoing support of our instructional team. You're completely right that John, Ben, and Abdul are pretty amazing at what they do. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in all your future coding endeavors.
    • Joanna Preston  User Photo
      Joanna Preston • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      This bootcamp was an amazing experience and I highly recommend it to anybody that's interested in learning how to code. The instructor (John) and TA's (Ben and Abdul) were so knowledgeable, patient, and encouraging. They really cared about each individual student and took the time to make sure that we were each grasping the concepts. This class was intended to be an in person class, and after 3 weeks got switched to online because of Covid. I thought that the bootcamp and the instructional team did a great job of transitioning to online learning and keeping us engaged, and I still feel like I got just as much out of it. It's a lot of information to pack into 6 months, and it requires a lot of hard work and studying outside of class. But the bootcamp offers lots of resources to help you such as tutors, learning assistants, and office hours before and after every class for individual help. If you're reading this wondering if it's worth it, or if you can really learn the fundamentals of coding in 6 months with no prior experience, the answer is yes!
      Monday, Aug 24 2020
      Thanks, Joanna! We're happy to hear you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and encouraging. We also have to agree that John, Ben, and Abdul are pretty fantastic. Like you mentioned, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19. We're happy to hear the transition to our online format was delivered successfully and that you are benefiting from this structure. You're completely right that this program will require hard work and extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom, so we commend your dedication to your studies. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all that you do!
    • Sabah Syed  User Photo
      Sabah Syed • Student Verified via GitHub
      I chose UW Bootcamp after months of researching of what can be the best value and UW did not disappoint. This program was thrice a week over a period of 6 months but boy does this get intense! We met in person for less than 3 weeks and then pandemic hit. I honestly feel our instructional team did a fab job at the transiton . Our instructor John and TAs Ben and Abdul helped us anytime we had questions or doubts. Extra tutor hours were given to cope up with the hectic curriculum. Office hours are before and after class to help the students, I do not regret joining UW and if any of you want to learn how to code even if you haven't coded once before this is what you should consider. This journey is not easy, you have to give atleast 3-4 hours of study everyday, but it is all worth it. :)
      Monday, Aug 24 2020
      Amazing, Sabah! We're happy to hear you're enjoying your boot camp experience. We also have to agree that John, Ben, and Abdul are fantastic.

Your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you are benefiting from our online format. We commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on towards graduation!
    • Daniel Luke Tanoeihusada  User Photo
      Daniel Luke Tanoeihusada • Histology Trainee • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      It was really an experience. This bootcamp delivers all the needed basics of web-development in such a nice and enjoyable way that I am actually sad that it ended. The instructor and TA are incredible people and make the grueling program much more easy to digest. If there are more classes with these people count me in.
      Monday, Aug 24 2020
      Thank you, Daniel! We're thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future endeavors!
    • Helan Jose  User Photo
      Helan Jose • Front end developer • Verified via LinkedIn
      It was the best decision I took last year that I attended UW boot camp . After attending the course within 2 months I got placed and now I am working as front end developer in Microsoft. Thanks to my instructor Joe Rehfuss and all my tutors who helped me in my journey with the boot camp . This course helped me gain in-depth knowledge in Reactjs and JavaScript. I recommend this course to everyone.
      Friday, Jul 17 2020
      Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Helan! It's great to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and were able to land an exciting new role. We also have to agree that Joe and the rest of our instructional team are pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all that you do!
    • Billy Hao  User Photo
      Billy Hao • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      As a working professional with a business background, I decided to pursue coding and web development to gain expertise on something more technical.

I have had a great experience while enrolled in the program. The staff do a good job preparing incoming students for the amount and type of work to expect. They do this by assigning prework and sending out emails with plenty of resources to explore. An entire team is dedicated to the students' success (e.g. an Instructor and two TAs, a Career Material Advisor and Career Director, and a Student Success Manager). Due to COVID-19, my cohort had to attend class using Zoom, but that did not at all diminish the quality of this boot camp.

For those who want to learn how to code, a UW Coding Boot Camp is a great place to start. My advice to prospective students is to be ready to dedicate 20 hours a week outside of class practicing and working on projects. The great thing about enrolling in a formal program instead of trying to learn on your own is the abundance of resources at your disposal! Be sure to make use of office hours, tutors, and study groups, and work with Career Services as early as you can to prepare for the job search after graduation.
      Friday, Jun 26 2020
      Way to go, Billy! We're thrilled you chose our program to delve into full-stack web development. It's great to know you're having a positive student experience and benefiting from the support of our entire team. Great advice for prospective learners — in order to truly master the course material, you will have to dedicate extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. We commend you taking advantage of all the available resources and look forward to helping you through the completion of the boot camp!
    • Brett  User Photo
      Brett • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      My experience with the University of Washington full-stack web development bootcamp was exactly what I had hoped for. The instructional staff was knowledgeable, helpful, and responsive. Our cohort started the same week that UW cancelled in-person learning due to COVID and the instructional team made a seamless transition to an all-remote format. The pace of the course is break-neck but that's exactly what I was hoping for. I would definitely say that, if you have no prior experience, it would be very difficult to be successful in this course if you were also trying to work more than maybe a few hours on the weekend - it requires an immense amount of time! But it was totally worth it. I definitely came out of it confident that I have a very solid base and, even if there are skills that I haven't picked up yet, I'll be able to figure them out on my own - which, I'm confident, will prove impressive to employers.

The Career Services department associated with the program is decent - the workshops are informative and, when you finally get it, the feedback is valuable. Make sure you START THIS PROCESS EARLY, though. I was under the impression that getting feedback on professional material and meeting with you career coach would be reasonably easy but that is not the case. Turn around on career materials reviews is 5 business days - that's often 7 actual days, so it can easily take 3 weeks to get your resume worked out. Scheduling with career directors is more than a month out. Don't wait until the end of the class to start this process - allocate at least a couple hours per week to work on these things so that you're ready to start applying the day that you finish the program.
      Wednesday, Jun 17 2020
      Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Brett! We're happy to hear you found our entire instructional team to be knowledgeable and responsive throughout your studies. We strive to foster a collaborative and efficient classroom environment for all our students, so it's great to know that you found the online transition to be seamless.

Like you noted, in order to be truly successful in this program, you will have to dedicate extensive hours both inside and outside of class. We completely agree that all this hard work is completely worth it at the end and commend your ongoing commitment to mastering complex technologies. We're always working to optimize our course offerings, so we appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors!
    • Jump in and DO it!
      - 6/10/2020
      Dustin Jackson  User Photo
      Dustin Jackson • Bartender • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I can't express how transformative this course is. You go from having zero knowledge to competing with other developers for positions at top-tier tech companies. Not even ten days after my final project, I've been approached for an internship at Microsoft.

The teachers, teaching assistants, and support staff are all overwhelmingly positive and supportive. They make it easy to genuinely fall in love with learning how to code and build apps.  If you're considering a change-up to your career, this is a fantastic option. I now have the ability to make any kind of software I can imagine, it feels like the whole world is mine for the taking.

Shoutout to Brian Duimstra, Jason Roundtree, Lawrence Fiesta, Jen Alexander, and Rebecca Klasson. If any of these people are on your team for class, you're going to get an amazing education.
      Tuesday, Jun 16 2020
      Way to go, Dustin! We're thrilled you found the boot camp to be a transformative experience and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. We also have to agree that Brian, Jason, Lawrence, Jen, and Rebecca are all pretty fantastic. Congratulations on successfully graduating and landing an exciting new career opportunity! We're confident you'll go on to do great things with your new skill set.
    • Great experience!!
      - 3/15/2020
      Andrew Miller  User Photo
      Andrew Miller • Glassblower • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The instruction staff was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Their commitment to learning was clearly evident as was their dedication to their students.

I came out of this bootcamp with a wealth of knowledge and a desire to pursue full stack web development as a career.
      Monday, Mar 16 2020
      Amazing, Andrew! Our entire boot camp team is truly dedicated to enabling student success, so we're happy to hear this resonated with you. We commend all the hard work you dedicated to your boot camp studies. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! All the best as you move forward.
    • Aslan Ghodsian  User Photo
      Aslan Ghodsian • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had an amazing experience taking the full time web development course at UW. I didn't have any background in coding, but with the support from the instructor, TAs, tutoring team, and hours upon hours of study, I made my path to this line of work. It was not an easy task, it required hard work and dedication, and it payed off at the end.
      The instructor was amazing and his teaching method not just made the materials understandable, but a deep understanding of why and how each line of code does what it does, plus, he kept the class atmosphere positive and fun at all times. The TA team were knowledgeable and great with going around and help students individually, and in groups, with a positive attitude and with the intent to lead students to the answer instead of giving the answer to the students. I had the utmost fun in the class, and I feel like I did learn a lot, and I'm ready to start my new career path in an ever growing industry.
      Monday, Mar 16 2020
      Thank you, Aslan! We're thrilled to hear you had a positive student experience and benefited from the support of our entire team.

Like you mentioned, the program requires hard work and dedication but it's completely worth it. We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment, so it's great to know you not only learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development but had fun throughout your boot camp journey.

• Neha Nehru  User Photo
      Neha Nehru • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I have absolutely loved and enjoyed my time at the boot camp. I enrolled myself at the bootcamp after a long maternity break which made me a little apprehensive in the beginning because I wasn't sure If I would be able to do it or not. Neverthless to say the entire staff of the UWB bootcamp - teachers, TAs, student coodinators, career managers and everyone else has been very kind, understanding, helpful, supportive and have given me my space to be able to mentally get ready and finish this course.

I had absolutely no knowledge or background of the entire course of material I have learned throughout the term, as my previous background was finance and banking. To be able to learn and become a full stack web developer has been a big achievement. Also, having a different background helped in making different kinds of projects without having to spend  more time on research.

Our instructors and TAs are part of a very big reason why we were able to accomplish this feat today. No one refused for any kind of extra help. They would also go above and beyond in trying to help us whether be it staying outside of office hours, replying to messages from home, setting up video tutorials for diffiicult or popular topics, sending tones of extra material and resources etc.

I also liked the way the curriculum was set up. Though it might seem confusing in the first class or so,  but the key is to stay consistent and keep reviewing all the topics learnt in class. The lesson plans are build on the previous ones so its actually easier to review and keep on track of what's happening. I have recently started my conversations with our career manager for job assistance and so far the experince has been very helpful and pleasent and I am sure it 'll continue to be the same in the next couple of months.

Overall, I would defintely recommend this boot camp for anyone looking for a fresh start, portfolio enhancement or a challenge in the IT industry.

Wednesday, Jan 29 2020
      Thank you for sharing your program experience, Neha! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the boot camp and benefited from the support and encouragement of our entire team. We're passionate about seeing each and every one of our students succeed, so we're glad this truly resonated with you.

Great advice for interested candidates: staying on top of your studies and constantly reviewing the material covered will truly help you get ahead. Congratulations on successfully graduating! We wish you al the best as you continue forward.
    • Matt Jennings  User Photo
      Matt Jennings • WordPress Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I'm a new UW Coding Bootcamp grad and took the class from May to November 2019 which was the 24 week class.

This class was stupendous. The instructors were knowledgable and we learned very valuable, real world programming languages/frameworks such as Vanilla JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, MongoDB, and React.

Some additional great things about the class were:​

• The assignments. There were no tests but you did need to test in websites you created using such technologies as GitHub and Heroku. With Heroku we deployed websites that included MySQL and MongoDB databases.
      • Group projects. We did three group projects and that was very valuable experience, including how to use GitHub while working on multiple computers at the same time.
      • Algorithms. We focused on JavaScript algorithms and usually did them before class. Also, we had a week on algorithms and discussed Big O nation (optimizing algorithms to run faster).
      • The cost. As of May 2019 I paid under $11,000. Yes this a lot but it less expensive than other bootcamps out there like Coding Dojo. You can also pay this as you take the course as it doesn't need to be paid all up front.

Some improvements for the bootcamp could be:

• Cutting some technologies from the curriculum, like Firebase (a Google database). I don't believe that Firebase is used most places. However, it is an easier database to use.
      • Focusing more on job-interview JavaScript algorithms. For example, going through algorithms or getting resources for interview like at Amazon.

Good luck with your search!

Tuesday, Jan 21 2020
      Way to go, Matt! We're thrilled you benefited from the support of our instructional team and enjoyed the course material. We strive to provide students with as many collaborative learning opportunities as possible as the ability to work with others is an important aspect of any industry.

We appreciate your feedback as we're always looking to optimize our boot camp offerings. Congratulations on graduating! We're rooting you on in all that you do.