uw-boot-camps-logo

UW Boot Camps

Seattle

UW Boot Camps

UW Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time, and 12-week, full-time web development courses, and a 24-week, part-time financial technology course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git. The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UW Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 12- or 24-week boot camps, students have access to career planning services, portfolio and resume reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or financial technology.

UW Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U Inc. Brand.

Recent UW Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (134) reviews for UW Boot Camps →

Recent UW Boot Camps News

• FinTech Boot Camp - Part-Time

SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Excel, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, Algorithms
      LocationSeattle
      Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    • Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
      LocationSeattle
      UW Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    • Web Development Boot Camp - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
      LocationSeattle
      UW Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

• $500 UW Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UW Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)
      • FinTech Boot Camp - Part-Time (Seattle)
      • All courses in Seattle
      • Web Development Boot Camp - Part-Time (Seattle)
    • Morgan Sherrill  User Photo
      Morgan Sherrill • Student Verified via GitHub
      I am fresh out of my bootcamp experience with the University of Washington. I have to say, this was a ride! And the ride was pretty intense at times! This class ended up being wonderful. When I started my journey to learn web development, I was unsure about whether to do a bootcamp or learn on my own. At this point, I can say I am so happy I decided to do this bootcamp. I’m going to break this review down into a few different parts here…

Curriculum: I would say this is a pretty good curriculum. Although, the way this is designed and its effectiveness lies heavily on how well the instructor teaches, as well as, group collaboration. I will touch on our instructor more later, but overall – the curriculum does follow the same instruction as a lot of other online resources. You will need to plan to do above and beyond the course work to get the most out of this class, so prepare for that. I don’t care what the school is or who the instructor is – when you are learning to code, sometimes it takes many explanations of the same concepts by different people for it to finally click – so plan for that and strive to find any resource you can that helps you to succeed.

Additionally, before investing in a program like this, I highly recommend you do some practice coding with free tutorials for at least some HTML and CSS (and maybe tutorials on working with Github!). Get a feel for it and see how you like it before committing to something this intense! Also, by taking the time to do this, the first month of class will be way less crazy for you and you feel much more calm as you learn the ropes.

Instruction: We did have some hiccups with the instructor within the first month or so of class and our instructor did have to be replaced. This was a bit of a stressful time and I’m removing a star on instructors in my review because of this very challenging first month. But we were ultimately blessed with Tom McCarthy, the most wonderful instructor!!! If we had him the whole class, I would rate instructors at 5-stars, easily.

I could say so many good things about Tom – but I’ll limit it to the bullet points here – He was positive, helpful, encouraging and best of all – very clear and organized with his thoughts. When he explained something, it made sense. When you were stuck on a problem – he was happy to unpack it with you, following the breadcrumbs to find the answer. He was so good and I’ll forever be so happy I got to learn from him. We additionally had two teaching assistants in the class as well who would go around while working on activities. Typically someone from the instructional staff would check on you to see if your group needed help during every group work period.

Support Staff: For the part-time course you do have access to tutoring for 50 minutes a week. I, personally, only met with my tutor once – so I cannot really speak to this program very in-depth, but I do know many of my fellow students met with their tutor every week and found that resource very valuable. Our student success manager was nice and helpful. I got a little behind on assignments once and she checked in with me to see how she could help. Additionally, what first impressed me about this school was the enrollment specialist I worked with was communicative and helpful answering all my questions and going over the program with me.

Collaboration: This is probably one of my favorite things about this bootcamp – working with other students! I have made some really great friends and it is so nice to be able to have at least a handful of people to keep in touch with and chat about web development stuff! Even my crew for our final project, we are still working together on developing our idea further out than what we could accomplish in the two weeks we had to work on it for class. It is great to have had the opportunity to develop these relationships and connections as we all head out into the real world of development.

Career Services: I have decided to not use this service as much as I could have. They offer reviews of all your employment documentations – resumes, portfolio, LinkedIn, GitHub, etc. You can submit your documentation and career services will provide feedback. They help you throughout the course but you have 90 days following the course where you can continue to utilize these resources.

I think that covers the course and what you can expect. When it comes down to it, this is a good course but it absolutely will not do all the work for you. I put in at minimum of 20 hours a week into studying and homework above and beyond class hours. This is going to be an intense program and a huge time commitment. But worth it if this is really the career you want to pursue and most importantly… if you really enjoy coding! Because you will be doing a lot of it!
      Friday, Mar 18 2022
      Incredible, Morgan! It's great to hear you enjoyed the program as a whole. Great advice for prospective students — getting practice beforehand as well as familiarizing yourself with some basic concepts can definitely help you stay ahead. Like you mentioned, your cohort did experience an instructional change but we're glad to hear you benefited from our support throughout this time and couldn't agree more that Tom is pretty fantastic. We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment so we're glad this resonated with you. We recognize how much dedication this course requires so we commend all your hard work. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future coding endeavors.
    • Do not Recommend!!
      - 3/17/2022
      Kiahna Carmack  User Photo
      Kiahna Carmack • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Be prepared to pay for an over priced course that does not seem to screen their instructors. The first 2-3 months of the course were absolute hell on earth. 13k (or more if you get a student loan) and they hire an instructor that seems to have no interest in teaching what so ever. Then , once they quit or got fired, we were stuck with subs that were just extremely hard to follow and disorganized due to the nature of them just being thrown in to have a warm body present. On top of that, the window to quit the course is extremely small and if you miss the chance you are stuck miserable paying for a course that has all the exceptions in the world for you as a student but, UW can’t keep it together on their end. I will say the new instructor we had after all of that was phenomenal however, it was too little too late at that point. They blab about how much support is given when in reality,  they will read you the same script and do the bare minimum to help their struggling students. Also, i’m not sure why there is even an overall passing grade if you have to pass every assignment. So if you have anything going on in your personal life, don't even count on their being any wiggle room to help you. This course would be great for someone who has no bills, no kids, and can spend every hour of their day on the course work. They did a nice job presenting this course as if they really care about your success because in reality, they don't. All they care about is dollar signs.
      Monday, Mar 21 2022
      Thank you for your feedback, Kiahna. The student experience is our top priority, and we regret to hear your boot camp experience did not live up to your expectations.

We vet our instructors carefully, hiring practitioners with a minimum of three years of experience in the field. Throughout the course, we analyze both their performance and levels of engagement in the classroom, providing feedback to help them further develop their teaching skills. Your cohort did experience a disruption and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We work hard to support our learners and make them feel motivated to continue their work in our program and beyond.

Our enrollment agreement and admissions process do make our drop policy clear. We never want individuals to leave the program, however, we understand extenuating circumstances do happen. As such, we work with learners on a case-by-case basis to help them move forward and finish out their studies.

We pride ourselves on teaching individuals how to build a strong foundational skill set and take input like yours seriously. You are eligible to access our dedicated career services support. We would love to provide you with these materials to assist you in achieving career success. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (206) 501-4868.
    • Honorine Ndom Ndzah  User Photo
      Honorine Ndom Ndzah Verified via GitHub
      I came into the UW Coding bootcamp with the intention of transferring my skills as a Quality Engineer from a manufacturing industry to a Software Quality Engineer. I am satisfied with the skills I have learned and acquired. The instructional team was awesome and always ready to assist and provide guidance throughout the program.
      The bootcamp was the best way for me to breakthrough in the tech industry. I learned a lot and I am well equipped to start a career as a Software Development Engineer.
      Friday, Feb 18 2022
      We appreciate your review, Honorine! Thank you for choosing our program to advance your skillset. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on graduating! We're rooting you on in all your future endeavors.
    • Chrissie Sparling  User Photo
      Chrissie Sparling • Business Owner • Student Verified via GitHub
      Bootcamp- get ready to hit the ground running. This is an intensive fast paced learning environment. I am not going to lie, I took the full time course and this is what it takes to succeed: When they say 40-60 hrs of practice time is required outside of class time- TAKE THAT SERIOUSLY! No matter what level you start, put in the hours of practice and learning. The result is worth the sacrifice. In 3 months, after coming from a minimal background of tech- (zero knowledge of coding) I  can now build an entire web application from front end to back end. Joe, my teacher, does an outstanding job of explaining each lesson and gives us adequate time to replicate on our own- plus he has a way of keeping the students engaged with creative lines and jokes to keep the atmosphere of the classroom stress free which is an important element to have in a great teacher. At the end of each lesson there is a Q and A to make certain the clarity of the assignment is understood by all. He then keeps a help queue open so that students always have access to him or a ta during live activity practice. Outside of the classroom, you have so many tools to help you succeed. Sign up for tutoring (I would do this immediately). You are allowed certain amount of tutoring time. Use it. Utilize office hours. Every step you take to use the tools in your tool box will aid you through this course and into your dev career.  There is also the student success manager, who is available to you. If you are doing everything you can, utilizing all your tools, and still not understanding- they have a solve for that too- they can extend your tutor hours to offer you more support. My point is, This is an OUTSTANDING course, for those who commit to it. The school has done an excellent job to take a panoramic view of everything you might need to help you through the course and made it easy for you to access, and if you find something they haven't covered, I know, you can reach out to any staff and they will help you find the information you seek.  I would encourage anyone interested in coding to buckle up and take this course! You won't be disappointed!!!
      Friday, Feb 25 2022
      Way to go, Chrissie! Like you noted, this is a fast-paced and rigorous program that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom to master the topics covered. Our course is designed for individuals with varying levels of proficiency — ranging from experienced professionals to beginners, like yourself. We're glad to hear you're benefiting from the support of our instructional team and couldn't agree more that Joe is pretty fantastic. Great advice on taking advantage of all the available resources including tutoring, attending office hours, and reaching out to the student success team. We commend all the hard work you've committed thus far and can't wait to help you finish out the boot camp!
    • Millie Tsai  User Photo
      Millie Tsai • Project Manager • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      As a product manager who does not have an engineering background, I needed to gain some coding skills for web app design. The UW boot camp has been very helpful and it offers a lot more than just coding skills but also wireframes, user stories, and acceptance criteria. As a result, you will have a full picture of the Software Development Life Cycle. You will be able to coordinate with other team members to make your app work, which means how to merge your codes together without a bug! During difficult times, when I couldn't fix bugs on time, TA, tutor, and instructors were always there to help me. If you are looking to switch to software engineering or a career related to that, this would be a great option for you to gain coding skills in a short period of time.
      Friday, Feb 18 2022
      Incredible, Millie! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from working on group projects. It's great to hear you took advantage of all the available resources including reaching out to our instructional team when necessary. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Millie Tsai  User Photo
      Millie Tsai • Project Manager • Student Verified via GitHub
    • Kaden  User Photo
      Kaden • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Prepare to dedicate six months to this program because it is a grind, the course (even part-time) hits the ground running, however the course provides you the tools to research deeper into these topics outside of class.  In all honesty it was very intimidating at first but with the help of the instructors, TA's and tutors, you are guided through this course with many tools to help you untangle the spaghetti.  As you go through the course you will begin to recognize the building blocks that this course guides you through; much of the knowledge gained comes from the hours you dedicate outside of class for you to better your understanding of the many topics covered in this course. This has been an amazing experience for me personally and to be able to reach that finish line is an incredibly rewarding feeling!  My appreciation for the staff is held in very high regards.
      Friday, Feb 18 2022
      Amazing, Kaden! Like you mentioned, this is a rigorous program that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. We're glad to hear all your hard work paid off and that you benefited from the ongoing support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
    • Korey Cheshire  User Photo
      Korey Cheshire • Student Verified via GitHub
      This fast-paced coding bootcamp was an incredibly rewarding experience. There is a ton of information covered, from concepts to coding languages to career advancement opportunities. Though certainly challenging, the support available is above and beyond the level of support I had ever received in my undergrad studies. I went in to the course with very minimal tech experience and graduated with a job offer already in hand. I recommend this course for anyone looking to break into the tech industry, regardless of your level of tech experience so far.
      Tuesday, Feb 08 2022
      Thank you, Korey! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your recommendation! All the best moving forward.
    • Chona Castillo  User Photo
      Chona Castillo • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I really enjoyed being part of this BootCamp. I am not going to lie, this course is fast-paced but in the 6 months I've attended, I was able to gain knowledge about the front end and back end of web applications. The teacher is very helpful and the faculty does assure that the students get as much help as possible. The TA's are awesome and do a great job explaining any units that you are unsure about. The tutors that you get assigned to also do an amazing job helping me understand the concept of the homework. The student success manager is awesome because if you need more tutor help, they will extend your tutor hours if need to. They will also let you know how you are doing during your course so that you don't fall behind any curriculums.  The farther down you go through the course, the more challenging the units get but every unit that is being taught in this class helps you further understand how web development/design works. After taking this course, I am excited to use the knowledge that I have learned to incorporate it into any future career I get into. This course has also made me interested in understanding how to do gaming development. Overall, this course was fun, intense, and exciting at the same time. I do encourage people who are interested in coding but not sure where to start to take this course because it will help in the long run.
      Tuesday, Feb 08 2022
      Way to go, Chona! Like you noted, this is a fast-paced and rigorous program that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. Great job on utilizing all the available resources including the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
    • Totally worth it
      - 12/8/2021
      Ilya Spivakov  User Photo
      Ilya Spivakov • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      A great experience overall. I personally took the course to fill in gaps and brush up on the modern tech stack. A good portion of the class started with no prior experience and were doing amazing things at the end. The instructor, Peter Surowski, is good at taking complex topics and making them accessible. The structure of the sessions is designed to be interactive and will not allow you to doze off. There were many opportunities to work in teams, make friends, and get ready for the workplace. Keep in mind that it's called a bootcamp for a reason. It's intense, but totally worth it.
      Monday, Dec 13 2021
      Incredible, Ilya! We're thrilled you had a positive boot camp experience. Our entire team strives to enable student success so we're glad this resonated with you — we couldn't agree more that Peter is pretty fantastic. Like you noted, this is a rigorous program but definitely worth it. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
    • Derrick Nguyen  User Photo
      Derrick Nguyen • Student Verified via GitHub
      I came in not knowing what to expect and came out extremely happy with the decision I’ve made to join this course.  I’ve learnt more in the 6 months in this class than my last 5 years on my own.  I can now truly say that I am a Full-Stack developer.  The instructor Peter Surowski was great, and the TAs Ali-Schrech and Ben Abbott were super helpful.  There is so much material in this class for a 6-month course so you will need to spend a good amount time outside the class to stay on top of everything.  The class projects were super fun be a part of.  You will learn to work with others as a small development team to design, develop, and deploy a fully functional application using the knowledge you gained from the class.  Overall, great course, great experience.

Monday, Dec 13 2021
      Amazing, Derrick! It's great to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. We couldn't agree more that Peter, Ali, and Ben are all fantastic at what they do. Like you noted, this is a rigorous program that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we truly appreciate your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
    • David Lucio  User Photo
      David Lucio • Web Developer • Verified via LinkedIn
      I joined the bootcamp when I felt stagnated as a developer, and the course was great for refreshing my skills AND learning some new tech. The job assistance felt rather lacking; I didn't feel like it was any of it was different than what I already could find outside the program.
      Wednesday, Sep 22 2021
      Thanks for your feedback, David. It's great to hear you were able to advance your skill set and learn a wide range of new technologies. While we hope you did get to take advantage of our individualized support including 1:1 coaching, technical interview training, portfolio reviews, and career events, we're always working to optimize our boot camp offerings, so we appreciate your input regarding career services. Congratulations on successfully completing the program! We're rooting you on in all that you do.