uw-boot-camps-logo

UW Boot Camps

Seattle

UW Boot Camps

UW Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time, and 12-week, full-time web development courses, and a 24-week, part-time financial technology course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git. The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UW Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 12- or 24-week boot camps, students have access to career planning services, portfolio and resume reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or financial technology.

UW Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U Inc. Brand.

Recent UW Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.87

all (105) reviews for UW Boot Camps →

Recent UW Boot Camps News

• FinTech Boot Camp - Part-Time

SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Excel, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, Algorithms
      LocationSeattle
      Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    • Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
      LocationSeattle
      UW Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    • Web Development Boot Camp - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
      LocationSeattle
      UW Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

• $500 UW Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UW Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)
      • FinTech Boot Camp - Part-Time (Seattle)
      • All courses in Seattle
      • Web Development Boot Camp - Part-Time (Seattle)
    • David Lucio  User Photo
      David Lucio • Web Developer • Verified via LinkedIn
      I joined the bootcamp when I felt stagnated as a developer, and the course was great for refreshing my skills AND learning some new tech. The job assistance felt rather lacking; I didn't feel like it was any of it was different than what I already could find outside the program.
      Wednesday, Sep 22 2021
      Thanks for your feedback, David. It's great to hear you were able to advance your skill set and learn a wide range of new technologies. While we hope you did get to take advantage of our individualized support including 1:1 coaching, technical interview training, portfolio reviews, and career events, we're always working to optimize our boot camp offerings, so we appreciate your input regarding career services. Congratulations on successfully completing the program! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
    • Amazing Course
      - 9/15/2021
      Nathaniel  User Photo
      Nathaniel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Overall the course moves at a blazing speed, but if you dedicate to the program you will be able to come out on top. The instruction staff was absolutely amazing throughout the course. Joe Rehfuss was my teacher and he did a fantastic job making sure we all understood the coursework. Louis Coleman was our TA and he helped out quite a bit throughout the course. I would highly recommend this course for anyone looking to get hands on experience with Javascript, HTML, and CSS in a consistent learning environment.
      Friday, Sep 17 2021
      Incredible, Nathaniel! It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and couldn't agree more that Joe and Louis are pretty amazing. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced program but if you're willing to truly dedicate yourself to your studies you can succeed. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we appreciate your review! Best of luck moving forward.
    • Rudy  User Photo
      Rudy • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      It definitely was an experience but a great one! I could not have done it without the support of the instructor and TA’s. The instructor was great and genuinely wanted to teach and help us all become web developers.  Also, getting connected with a tutor right from the start was so beneficial. The team was always willing to help out, so don’t be afraid to ask for help! They won’t know if you don’t ask :) it’s definitely a challenge but one that is worth the time and energy.

Even though the program was restructured to be online d/t to covid-19 it still felt well done and you were able to engage with others in the cohort still. The material is relevant and could have used more time spent on the newer technologies than others that are not as current in the work field. None the less, you’ll be surprised by how much you’ve learned when you look back at day one.
      Friday, Sep 17 2021
      Way to go, Rudy! We're thrilled your virtual classroom experience was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the online format. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Great advice for prospective students — don't be afraid to ask for help when needed. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
    • Alex Kinyua  User Photo
      Alex Kinyua • System Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Joining the Bootcamp I had little experience in web development. By the time I finished, I had a different view of the whole software development arena. Having an experienced tutor and a good support system helped me find myself in the field. The curriculum was wide and broad and accommodative in terms of where you want to diversify in the future.  Six months later, I know how much I don't know and thanks to the Bootcamp, my career has a direction now. The projects too were intensive, and they easily allow you know your strengths and weakness. You might not be employer-ready by the end of the Bootcamp, but, if you follow the instructors' approach to the whole thing keenly,  it is only a matter of time. Be sure to have your ass kicked, but it is worth it.
      Wednesday, Sep 08 2021
      Thank you, Alex! Our entire boot camp team strives to enable student success, so we're thrilled this truly resonated with you. It's great to know you enjoyed working on the assigned projects and benefited from the curriculum. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and all the best moving forward!
    • Vinette G.   User Photo
      Vinette G. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This class was amazing and truly a great experience! The course is perfect for someone who has little to no coding experience. I arrived on day 1 having done the prework, a previous HTML/CSS workshop, and a bit of personal research. However, I think it would be ok if you started day one with just the curiosity to learn code. I left knowing more about the basics (HTML, CSS, Javascript, SQL) but also about some newer technologies (GraphQL, Redux). The class also covers topics outside of technical coding skills, like how to work efficiently with a team and time management. My only issue is that I wish I had more time to code and work on projects with my cohort and instructional team. Our class met 3 times a week for 6 months and I still didn't feel like it was enough!

The class is definitely rewarding in so many ways when I think about what I knew on the first day compared to now, but the course was for sure tough! Assignments do come and go very quickly, leaving a short amount of time to learn subjects before moving on. Often times, we'd only spend about a week learning a topic, but I would have liked to spend about a month on it. However, that does come with doing the part-time program and making sure to set time to learn on your own. Nevertheless, I want to highlight that I never felt abandoned in my learning. The instructional team was always fully present and ready to help. They really understand that learning can be different with each person and always made sure any issues I had were resolved. (Shoutout to John, Ben, Lynna, Michell (my tutor!) and the AskBCS Learning Team for being available all the time for help, even when I had the smallest, weirdest questions about coding!)
      Wednesday, Sep 08 2021
      We appreciate your review, Vinette! We're glad to hear you found the boot camp to be rewarding and enjoyed the curriculum. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced and rigorous program that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. As such, it's great to know you benefited from the support of our entire team, and couldn't agree more that John, Ben, Lynna, and Michell are all pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
    • Coding Boot Camp
      - 9/7/2021
      Cailin Bell Wold  User Photo
      Cailin Bell Wold • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Learn in-demand skills through a market-driven curriculum: HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, progressive web apps, agile methodology, computer science, database theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Git, and more.*
      Wednesday, Sep 08 2021
      Thank you, Cailin! It's great to know you enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
    • Chris Abiva  User Photo
      Chris Abiva • Student Verified via GitHub
                I've thought that I could pick up coding easily since I always considered myself a fast learner I've picked up things easily; but this bootcamp have challenged me in ways I wouldn't expect.

I've learned to manage my time by creating a game plan since I work 40 hours a week and try to make sure to put 20 hours/week either reading pre-reads (Yes they are important), practice coding other than the 12 hour class per week.

I've learned that more you practice will help you enhance your knowlege in coding, understanding and practice your keyboard typing skills!

I've learned Google-fu! I've google most of the answers on how-to's on the homework and the projects that we've made. And you can also use it out side of the class!

Over all I had fun with the Coding Bootcamp! It is definitely worth it in the end!

Thank you!
      Wednesday, Sep 08 2021
      Way to go, Chris! We're glad to hear the boot camp exceeded your expectations. Like you mentioned, this is a rigorous program one that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom so we appreciate your advice for future students. Congratulations on successfully graduating and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Donna Crawford  User Photo
      Donna Crawford • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This was definitely quite an experience.  The course is well rounded and taught all of the most current technology being used in the market.  With that said, it just felt like there was not enough time to absorb the information until we move on to the next module. Understandably so as I know that ongoing learning is part of this profession.  I loved my instructional team.  They did a tremendous job providing our class the support that we needed, always going above and beyond in helping us succeed. Big thank you to John, Ben and Lynna for making this hard journey worth the effort!
      Tuesday, Sep 07 2021
      Thanks for your review, Donna! Our program is designed to cover a broad array of topics in a short time frame, so we're glad that you were able to lean on your instructors for support. Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to achieve great things with your newfound skill set!
    • Jefferson Kyle Canoy  User Photo
      Jefferson Kyle Canoy • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Overall my experience in this bootcamp was amazing. I learned a lot in these 6 months. There is obviously a lot more I still need to learn, but this bootcamp gave me a solid base to start on and is about as cutting edge as you can get.

There is so much I can say about the instructional team. They are phenomenal. They know their ish. They are incredibly supportive and will go out of their way and spend time outside of class to help you, and give you materials/links/articles outside of the curriculum that they believe will enhance your understanding. Thank you John, Ben, Lynna, Lexi, and other TA's and instructors that came through and helped out. The Student Success Advisor has your back 110% and Career Services is super helpful.

My only criticism of the course is also one of its strengths, and that is that it is cutting edge. GraphQL and Apollo Server and Client  are very new technologies and it was actually the instructional team's first time teaching these technologies, that's how cutting edge this bootcamp is. So when working on a homework or project and you have a really specific problem, there might not be a thread out there on StackOverflow to help you out, or the instructional team doesn't have a clear and concise answer because they're almost learning about this at the same time as we are, and that is not their fault or anyone else's, this technology is just THAT new. This curriculum also gave us a week or 2 to learn these materials and then try and implement them in a project when I believe that we should have been given at least 3-4 weeks to learn this stuff, but I'm confident that they will adjust in the future.
      Tuesday, Sep 07 2021
      Thank you for your feedback, Jefferson. Like you said, the boot camp covers a broad curriculum to help learners stay competitive in their careers, which often includes tools and technologies that are relatively new to the market. We pride ourselves on teaching students not just the fundamentals, but also how to learn, so we're glad that you were able to build a foundation that allows you to continue mastering new skills.

Our staff is dedicated to helping students reach their educational and professional goals — we couldn't agree more that John, Ben, Lynna, and Lexi are fantastic at what they do. We commend your dedication to the program and wish you the best in all that you do!
    • Ross  User Photo
      Ross • Event Operations Manager • Verified via LinkedIn
      I received a full-time employment opportunity during our first group project. My schedule became VERY busy and the TA's, instructor, class advisor, and multiple tutors I had available are the only reason I got through. I was ready to give up. These folks gave me extra time and extra opportunities for assistance to better fit my new, wild schedule.
      Tuesday, Sep 07 2021
      Amazing, Ross! Like you mentioned, the program is rigorous and requires a significant time commitment, so we're glad that you benefited from the support services available to you. Congratulations on your new role, we wish you all the best moving forward.
    • Tiffany Washke  User Photo
      Tiffany Washke • Planner/Scheduler • Student Verified via GitHub
      This online class was intense, but so beneficial.  The instructor and the TA's are amazing and I learned so much!  If you are interested in learning web development I suggest taking this course.  Ben was hilarious and always had me laughing, and John was an amazing instructor.  I am so grateful for the experience and the connections I have made!
      Tuesday, Sep 07 2021
      Incredible, Tiffany! We pride ourselves on providing students with the tools they need for success both in the boot camp and after completion, so we commend you for your hard work. We can't wait to see what you continue to accomplish!
    • Danny  User Photo
      Danny • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I went into this program knowing very little java and came out with an updated portfolio containing many modern technologies which companies are looking for. The instructional team was amazing and made sure to give students the support they needed to succeed. Overall great bootcamp and I strongly recommend it to those looking at getting into the computer science industry.
      Tuesday, Sep 07 2021
      Way to go, Danny! Our entire team is dedicated to student success, so we're thrilled that you were able to lean on your instructors for support throughout the program. We wish you the best in all that you do moving forward!