uw-boot-camps-logo

UW Boot Camps

Seattle

UW Boot Camps

UW Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time, and 12-week, full-time web development courses, and a 24-week, part-time FinTech course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, Heroku, Git, and Java. The FinTech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UW Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 12- or 24-week boot camps, students have access to career planning services, portfolio and resume reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or financial technology.

UW Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U Inc. Brand.

Recent UW Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (71) reviews for UW Boot Camps →

Recent UW Boot Camps News

• Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course offered through the UW Professional & Continuing Education in Seattle, WA. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students will build a portfolio of web applications to showcase their knowledge and benefit from a wide range of career services to position them for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development.
    • Part-Time, FinTech Boot Camp

Excel, Algorithms, Crypocurrency, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
      LocationSeattle
      Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Bellevue)

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.

• $500 UW Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UW Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle) (Seattle)
      • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Bellevue) (Seattle)
      • Part-Time, FinTech Boot Camp (Seattle)
      • Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)
    • Jehyun Jung  User Photo
      Jehyun Jung Verified via GitHub
      I'm graduating from the UW Bootcamp last week. I very recommend this course for those who want to be a web developer or software engineer. I learned about the concept of programming and the way to use it. Furthermore, I learned almost all the technology that many developers are using, and the most thing is that I can learn a way how to learn new technology by myself. Also, there are really enthusiastic an instructor and TAs. They will help you whenever you are stuck in difficult things. Also, a Career manager will help you to get a job.
    • Lexi Jack  User Photo
      Lexi Jack • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Applying to this bootcamp was possibly the best decision I have made in my life. I have worked entry level positions for my entire life, mostly in the service industry, and never thought I would have the time or money to try to break out of this. A traditional college degree would take too long, and I felt I was too "old" for that. Last year, when Covid hit, I was lucky enough to be given the gift of time. I took the plunge, started boot camp, and changed my life.
      This program is tough. They are supportive but not going to hold your hand and make it easy for you. You need to put in the time and effort, and can't rely solely on showing up to class to succeed. It takes a ton of hours outside of class to really learn this stuff. But the opportunities that come from this starting point are endless and it is worth it.
      The teaching staff was so supportive. They crammed so much information into my head in such a short amount of time. It really is amazing to look how far I came in only 6 months. I had John Y as my instructor and he is amazing. I can't imagine any teacher could be better than him. He is truly invested in each of us succeeding and will do anything he can to help us get there. Our TA's (Ben V, Lynna O, Dan ME, Abdul A, and Catherine P) were equally invested in us, and brought their own experience to encourage us along the way. They really gave us their entire heart and soul when trying to teach and support us. You also will get access to a one on one tutor session each week, and my tutor was also very helpful. Each teaching staff member brought a different perspective and experience, so being able to absorb a large cross section was really great for learning such tough concepts.
      Due to Covid, my cohort took place virtually, so my class size was gigantic. There were about 70 of us at the start, and about 50 of us made it to the end. Having a huge group of people to bond with and learn from was a great experience, and now I have a great network to start out with. The other benefit of a virtual program is my classmates were not restricted to living in Seattle, like an in person program would be. So I have met people from all over the country, which is also great for networking.
      I think that this program has great value. I compared it to a few other programs, but decided on this because it was affordable but still taught a lot of applicable skills. My partner is a working software developer and has made many comments along the way that the skills and lessons we've learned are really good for the actual positions we will be seeking after graduation. Many other developers I have met socially have been impressed at the tech we learned and projects we created when looking at our experience level.
      If you are thinking about doing this class, and you're willing to put in a lot of time and work, then do it. You get out what you put in, and it is a great jumping off point for changing your life path.
      And if my Instructional Team ever sees this review, thank you thank you thank you. Together, we've changed my life.
    • Dania  User Photo
      Dania • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I can't speak highly enough for the Instructor and TA's we had for the fall 2020-2021 Tuesday Thursday, Saturday part time full stack web dev class. They exceeded my expectations, and put in an incredible amount of effort and have been known to sacrifice some of their personal time to be able to support their students. The program itself- the curriculum, it is thorough and has a great scope. The student success part of the program was a little odd, I would recommend not putting too much weight into that. Otherwise, what a great experience. It is hard. It will be a lot of work, it will require a lot of time. Don't expect to do much else except for work and code, if you are balancing both. The sooner you get your hands on the keyboards, the better. Fail until you succeed, and learn along the way. Would recommend, but be prepared for putting in time, effort, and personal sacrifices. I will not forget my instructor or the TA's for awhile, they really were incredible.
    • Ian Wren  User Photo
      Ian Wren • Student Verified via GitHub
      The whole group was amazing and encouraging.  I felt supported and cared about the entire camp.  The attitude and openness of the TAs was amazing and made me feel so much more comfortable than I expected.  John was so good.  I didn't realize how fantastic he was until we had a couple of subs.  He is so calm and understanding, and the sense of humor of the whole group made me feel at home.
    • Kelsea Fields  User Photo
      Kelsea Fields • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
      I was hesitant about signing up for this course. I read a few reviews online that helped me make the decisions to apply. My experience in this bootcamp has been life changing. The amount of care and support received here not only made me successful in completing this program, but also made me confident in my own abilities to code at the end. The instructor and TA's went above and beyond to make sure we understood the content. This is NOT an easy course by any means. It takes real hard work, dedication, and lots of asking for help. I suggest getting to know your fellow classmates right away. The friendships you make will help you and them succeed!
    • Moses Kamara  User Photo
      Moses Kamara • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I would like to say thank you to the UW Full Stack Web Development program faculty and staff. You guys made it easy for me to succeed in the program and offer support throughout.

I had one of the best instructor and TA’s I could have ever asked for. His teaching style was just what I needed. The TA’s were willing to help whenever they can and give resources so you can expand your knowledge.

To the Career Services department, Thank you guys for not giving up on me and pushing me to be better and giving your guidance. You guys are a blessing to me and truly appreciative of you guys.

Not to brag but I believe U.W has the best Web Development Boot Camp there is hands down. So glad I was able to be a part and experience the excellence.

Thank you.
      Thursday, Dec 10 2020
      We appreciate your review, Moses! We're thrilled you benefited from the support of our instructional and career services team throughout your boot camp journey. It's great to hear you felt encouraged to not only expand your coding knowledge but also continue working hard towards achieving your professional development goals. Congratulations on graduating, we're confident in your newfound skills and wish you all the best moving forward!
    • Eren Turkmenoglu  User Photo
      Eren Turkmenoglu • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      As a recent business administration graduate interested in finance, I have always been passionate about learning how to unfold hidden opportunities behind numbers as well as being able to accurately analyze the outcomes. I knew that learning Python and being able to implement it to the field of finance is an essential skill to become more competitive in today’s job market. That’s why I became very excited when I came across UW FinTech Bootcamp course and immediately submitted my application.
      When I applied to the course, it was going to be in a physical setting at the University of Washington’s Bellevue campus, however, after Covid-19 precautions escalated they had to change it to online. I first thought the transition was going to be somewhat negative but I was truly impressed by the online platform and communication channels that allowed for perfect continuation of the learning process.

My 24-week part-time FinTech Bootcamp experience was amazing that went over and beyond my expectations. Looking back to the first week of bootcamp now, I am stunned with the improvement I have made from a real beginner’s level. Of course, this is not an easy program, you will have to push yourself and get your hands dirty. You may even come to a point where you want to throw your computer out of the window… However, don’t worry because you definitely have everything you need under your hands to be successful as long as you have the desire and curiosity to keep going. Thanks to the great instructor Gerrit Hall, and exceptional TAs Samantha Brimberry and Matthew Danko, you are greatly supported. They were always on-hand, eager to help and provide support. Not one question went unanswered!

My learning experience was not only limited to UW’s staff but also the perfect environment in which a very diverse group of individuals from different age groups and industries were collectively discussing, collaborating and executing group projects together. This diversity added  to the uniqueness of my learning experience in the sense that I got a chance to be exposed to different perspectives from different industries.

Another very beneficial aspect of the UW FinTech Bootcamp was the career services offered. Our student success manager Jen Alexander has supported the learning experience and ensured we had what we needed to be successful in this program. Every week there were around 3-4 optional webinar sessions about different talks in the fields that you may be interested as well as interview preps, resume/cover letter editing sessions.

This 24-week FinTech Bootcamp was a tailored experience perfectly matching my expectations and goals. I highly recommend it to anyone who has a desire and determination to learn about Financial Technology solutions and Python programming language and many more resources to expand your skill set.
      If you have any additional questions, you can reach me at https://www.linkedin.com/in/erenturkmenoglu/

Tuesday, Nov 17 2020
      Thank you, Eren! We appreciate you choosing our boot camp to become more competitive in today’s job market. Like you noted, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the virtual format.

You're completely right that this is a challenging program, one that will require you to push yourself and get your hands dirty. It's great to know you found our entire team supportive throughout your learning journey and couldn't agree more that Gerrit, Samantha, Matthew, and Jen are all pretty fantastic.

We continually work hard to provide an inclusive and collaborative space where individuals from various backgrounds can study and learn a wide range of skills, so we're glad you enjoyed working on projects with your group of classmates. It's our goal for students to feel prepared for success in the job search after graduation and we couldn't be more thrilled to hear that you benefited from our webinars, interview preparations, and resume editing sessions.

Congratulations on all the hard work you put into such a rigorous course and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
    • Jack Solaro  User Photo
      Jack Solaro • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      If you are looking to learn, change jobs, change industries, etc. - I cannot recommend this program more.
      If this course is something you are considering and want to talk to someone that went through it - please do not hesitate to reach out to me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacksolaro/

A Little About Me:
      Just a short 2 months ago, I was working in staffing and saw my growth opportunities in that space dwindle. I came to this exact site (Course Report) to look at reviews on the UW Full Stack Development Bootcamp. I found some folks on LinkedIn who had left reviews and reached out to them. They told me about their experiences in the course (all overwhelmingly positive), and it convinced me to take the leap and enroll.

I cannot express how happy I am with my decision to enroll in this program. Below I broke it into some sections and wrote some details on my thoughts:

GENERAL:
      • My instructor was Joe Rehfuss:
        • Absolutely amazing instructor, not a single complaint
      • My class was virtual:
        • Again, no complaints. It was over Zoom and that was almost more convenient for me
      • You get out what you put in.
      • Cost is cheaper than what I saw on other bootcamp sites (General Assembly, Flat Iron, etc)
        • That's not to say the program is cheap but it is worth every dollar

CLASS/HOMEWORK:
      • Content:
        • Get ready to learn A LOT. It sounds scary but I promise anyone can do it!
      • Class Structure:
        • Really good balance of instructor demos and then breaking off and applying that concept in groups
        • Pace is quick (but there is a lot of support to keep you caught up). I kept a Google Drive where I took notes every day that I could reference back to

SUPPORT:
      • You get SO MUCH support from the staff in this program
        • Instructors and TAs
          • The real MVPs, they put in 150% to make sure you succeed
          • with you every day during class and office hours
        • Student Success Manager:
          • Makes sure you on the right path to graduate
          • They help answer any general questions
        • Materials Advisor:
          • over the course of the program, you can submit resumes, portfolios, brand statements, etc
          • The material advisors provide feedback on the documents you submit
        • Career Advisors / Directors:
          • Meet with them towards the end of the program and after graduation and they help prepare you for entering the workforce
          • If you complete all your "employer ready" requirements, they can also refer you to companies in their network
        • Tutoring:
          • I think you get like two free tutoring sessions a week. Admittingly, I didn't take advantage of this but I've heard classmates discuss that they found a lot of benefit from this

Again, I can't recommend this course enough!

Thursday, Oct 15 2020
      Amazing, Jack! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and are glad you chose our program to make a significant career change. You're completely right that you get out what you put into the program.

Great advice for prospective students—taking advantage of all the available boot camp resources, like office hours, tutoring, and meeting with career services will definitely help you stay ahead and succeed. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your recommendation! We appreciate your review and wish you all the best moving forward.
    • Louis Coleman  User Photo
      Louis Coleman • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      This was the first time I had taken a course that I truly enjoyed every minute of. Joe, Denis, and Clint were a hell of a great instructional team and worked their hardest to make sure that all of the topics were laid out and understood. Though the Full Stack Flex full time course was indeed rigorous and required a lot of time outside of class it was made easier by the team mentioned above, the other students in the class, and the tutor system. I thought the overall structure of the content was well laid out and flowed exceptionally well building off of itself. As a whole I would absolutely suggest, and I already have, to others to take this course who have any interest in Web Development!
      Monday, Oct 19 2020
      Way to go, Louis! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the program and benefited from the ongoing support of our instructional team—we also have to agree that Joe, Denis, and Clint are all pretty fantastic. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we truly appreciate your recommendation and review! All the best in your future coding endeavors.
    • Jesse  User Photo
      Jesse • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      This course lives up to it's title of "bootcamp". This is a difficult program! If you are like me and have no prior experience in web development or coding, you will struggle! You will question what you had gotten yourself into and if you will make it through the end of the course. However, through the late nights of hw, frustration, tears and struggle, you will learn so much! I look back at the tremendous knowledge I've learned. From the first days of writing bare bones HTML to the full stack MERN & SERN applications I am creating. I, without a doubt, have come a long way.

Due to the nature of the curriculum, I would recommend to any future students (without any prior web development or coding backgrounds) interested in this course to find a good balance of work and school. This full stack part time course is marketed towards potential students that wants to continuing working full time time hours and do school part time. For me personally, I determined 2 weeks into the program, that working full time and doing this course would not be feasible if I wanted to graduate. I ended up dropping down to just 2 days a week for work. Because of my lack of exposure to coding, I found myself coding anywhere from 5-10 hours a day. In addition to work and school, I also have a toddler to take care of. I am very grateful that my wife was very understanding of my situation. She certainly was my biggest supporter! To anyone with a full time job and a family that wants to take this course, be sure to have solid conversation on how to best balance everything. Your success for this course depends on a refined work, family and school balance!

For the course itself, you learn nearly 2 dozen technologies! Everything from the core foundation of HTML, CSS & Javascript to the backend and database technologies like Jquery, SQL, Mongo, etc. In the last few weeks of the course, you tie everything together into a React full stack application. You learn new content with each new class day. It's so fast that sometimes you don't have enough time to process it all in between class days. Where you practice these new learned things are on your hw assignments. You will have a hw assignment due every week. With the exception of project weeks. This course has 3 projects that are required to graduate. It is structured as a small-group project and you implement the technologies you have learned from the few weeks prior. For any future students, my biggest recommendations are to stay on top of your hw! This is where you'll get a chance to practice your newly learned technologies. Also be sure to turn them in on time. Do not get behind on hw as this will create a great deal of stress while attempting to turn in all the assignments right before the end of the course. All the hw assignments and the 3 projects must be submitted in order to graduate! I would also recommend going to office hours before and after class. Your instructors and TAs are your biggest assets when trying to understand the course material. I have spent many late nights reading documentations and stack overflows without any success of understanding or implementing the code. Sometimes you just need your instructors or TAs to put it into simpler context and examples that you can understand.

For the instructional team. My class was very fortunate to have Alex, Dan, and Marlon for instructors. These instructors have so much knowledge on web development and coding that it is truly amazing! They know the material and explain things very well. They were always very supportive and always willing to help with assignments and projects. They never just did the code for you. They always guided you towards the answer and explained how they came to that conclusion. I was also amazed at how patient they were when teaching the material. I certainly had days were I just didn't understand the content and kept having to ask questions or get help. I'm sure I came off as the guy that asked questions too frequently or maybe the guy who just didn't get it. But I never felt that way because they were always willing to help and acknowledged that the material is hard to understand. After all, they have endured the same struggles that we were experiencing at the time. We are all grateful to Alex, Dan and Marlon for the support and knowledge that they have provided to us.

Overall, this is a great course! Be prepared to put in some serious work. If you plan to take this course and have no coding experience, I would recommend getting a solid head start on the material. Find some time to learn the basics of HTML, CSS, and Javascript. This will give you a head start on the course material and hopefully put you in a better position to learn the later technologies of the curriculum. If you decide to commit to taking this course, be sure to really put in your time and effort. You will rejoice in the feeling of successfully completing this course. You will come out of the course with great amount of knowledge and you will be better prepared to enter the job market of web development and coding.

Good luck and happy coding!
      Wednesday, Sep 23 2020
      We truly appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Jesse! Like you noted, this is a challenging program, one that will require extensive hours of hard work and dedication.

Great advice for prospective students—finding a good balance between your personal schedule and your studies will be critical to your success. We recognize that juggling your day-to-day commitments on top of learning a new skill set can be stressful, so we commend your ongoing commitment and dedication these past few months.

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and utilized all the available resources. You're completely right that staying on top of homework assignments and reaching out to the instructional team when trying to understand the course material will be of great help. We couldn't agree more that Alex, Dan, and Marlon are fantastic.

Congratulations on successfully graduating! We're confident you'll go on to do amazing things with your newfound knowledge and wish you all the best.
    • Josephine  User Photo
      Josephine • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Was a part of the part-time program which was a total of 24 weeks. We had our class over Zoom as our cohort began at the beginning of the COVID pandemic, but this did not change the level of support we got from the instructional team and success manager assigned to us, I can say that I finished the program confident about my skills and ready to start my job search. I would definitely recommend this bootcamp but be ready to also put in a bit of work yourself to achieve your goals. All the best!
      Wednesday, Sep 23 2020
      Thanks for your review, Josephine! We're glad to hear you benefited from our virtual learning format and feel confident in your newfound web development skills. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your recommendation! We're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors.
    • Nick  User Photo
      Nick • Student Verified via GitHub
      Was a 6 month coding boot camp to learn how to become a full stack developer. COVID-19 hit at the very beginning of it and the boot camp switched to online rather than in person. Everyone was super professional. The staff did everything they could to make the class just as fun and a great learning experience. I left college and joined this class with the last of my college money to go and gain the knowledge in full stack development that I could have learned in college for less time. That does mean it is a lot more fast paced but that is good in my opinion, It means faster to your new career.
      Wednesday, Sep 23 2020
      Amazing, Nick! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the program. Like you noted, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the virtual format. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.