uw-boot-camps-logo

UW Boot Camps

Seattle

UW Boot Camps

UW Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time, and 12-week, full-time web development courses, and a 24-week, part-time financial technology course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git. The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UW Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 12- or 24-week boot camps, students have access to career planning services, portfolio and resume reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or financial technology.

UW Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U Inc. Brand.

Recent UW Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.91

all (89) reviews for UW Boot Camps →

Recent UW Boot Camps News

• FinTech Boot Camp - Part-Time

SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Excel, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, Algorithms
      LocationSeattle
      Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    • Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
      LocationSeattle
      UW Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    • Web Development Boot Camp - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
      LocationSeattle
      UW Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

• $500 UW Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UW Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Web Development Boot Camp - Part-Time (Seattle)
      • All courses in Seattle
      • FinTech Boot Camp - Part-Time (Seattle)
      • Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)
    • Life Changing
      - 4/8/2021
      Taani Maama  User Photo
      Taani Maama • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I went into this bootcamp not knowing very much about coding nor the computer science behind it. But with each week passing by I found myself more and more interested in the new tech we covered. It became a full blown obsession and I don't think it would have been possible for the grow I felt in my coding journey if it weren't for Anthony (Class Instructor) and the rest of the curriculum staff. The course covers everything you need to get going from no knowledge to full-stack developer and they make sure that you have the utilities to do so.
      Wednesday, Apr 14 2021
      Way to go, Taani! Like you said, our course is designed to cater to both experienced individuals and beginners. We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. We couldn't agree more that Anthony is pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating the boot camp and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Daniel  User Photo
      Daniel • Fullstack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       I loved the program, everything about it was great. The Instructor and TA staff always went out of there way to help students understand  the topics we were learning. I had previous experience with programming and this programs helped me connect some of those concepts that weren't making sense and improve my coding dramatically . I also experience first hand how many of my classmates just went from nothing to fulllstack developer in no time, and I can thank my instructor and the staff enough for all the effort they put to teach those who are in seek of a career change.
      Friday, Apr 09 2021
      We appreciate your review, Daniel! It's great to hear you enjoyed the program and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. We're truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad this resonated with you. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
    • Coding
      - 3/31/2021
      Kat Gomozova  User Photo
      Kat Gomozova • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I really enjoyed the program and the instructional team. They went above and beyond to help with understanding the material. They were also supportive and encouraging all the way through. I learned a lot from the bootcamp, and met amazing folks with whom we developed several interesting projects.
      Wednesday, Apr 07 2021
      Amazing, Kat! We're thrilled you had a positive boot camp experience and found our instructional team to be supportive and encouraging. We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment so it's great to hear you made lifelong connections with your classmates. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all that you do.
    • Abdulhakeem Dahir  User Photo
      Abdulhakeem Dahir • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Trying to change careers is daunting. I'm happy to say that the UW Bootcamp helped me and my classmates to learn difficult material in a very sensible way. I enjoyed how knowledgable our teacher was, and the incredible support the TA's gave us. I want to genuinely thank the entire staff, it was an awesome experience!
      Wednesday, Apr 07 2021
      Thank you, Abdulhakeem! We strive to enable student success, so we're thrilled this resonated with you and that you found our team to be knowledgeable and supportive throughout your learning journey. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!
    • Rev.
      - 3/26/2021
      Frederick Thomas  User Photo
      Frederick Thomas • Student Verified via GitHub
      "You only get one chance to live this life; and personally, I believe we all have a certain calling upon our lives. We can either believe and reach for it; or we can spend our lives in misery, running away from who we really are meant to be. Who are you: only you can answer that; because it is your choice. People stack up the circumstance of their lives as a deck of cards, playing the hand they were dealt, or worse, not playing at all, but I believe in a Way-Maker: where doors never existing, are built by having faith. GOD opened doors for me. I tried so, many self-taught courses, never really achieving my heart's desires, and I heard about UW Coding Bootcamp from a friend (at the time, I was trying to return to Code Fellows, ridiculously high in price, for what you can get in return, but I like them). At the time, they did not offer any online courses, nor something that fit with my former occupation; and I really could not stop working (sole-provider, with children), at the time. I also did not like the fact that I felt I did not get the help or support I desired (there were many of us, and we definitely did not have tutors, as UW Coding Bootcamp has).

Having a tutor makes a huge difference because it's one on one time (session time varies on the type of curricular program). I like my first tutor, but I became terribly ill (I almost died from a very, rare and non-contagious disease), where I was in the hospital for months, and keeping up with the concepts was difficult. My Student Success Manager, Jen (forever grateful), offered other alternatives, such as coming back at another time; but I knew that I could not, due to how the remaining of my benefits worked. She worked with me on devising a plan to keep up. I actually did catch up; but I then caught COVID-19, shortly after. I had already missed a great deal of work, and I was forced to run my own business due to the unethical practices of former employers. I met another instructor, who substituted for my teacher; and my peer told me that was her tutor. I really felt like I began to understand the classes, better. I spoke to my Student Success Manager, who assisted me with changing tutors- she even helped me get approved for an extra session, due to my extremely rare situation. She has been so, supportive along the way. I owe her, my tutors Faran, and especially Phil my extreme gratitude. I'm even grateful for my instructor, Anthony, and how he gets EVERYONE involved in our classes. I'm most thankful for the fact that all of them allowed me to learn until the very, end of the curriculum.

I made it to my final week, and our final project is looking really good. I lost several team members, and my instructor made sure my team had an assigned TA (teacher assistant) to assist us. He even stopped by my group's breakout room (online private rooms: for teams, to work alone, and for assistance) to see how we were doing, himself; and assisted us with the logic and functionality we script out. My current team members (since the beginning, really) always believed in ourselves, in spite of the odds. We say "We Got This! #WGT," or "Stronger, Together." We "learned how to learn" in this Bootcamp: my group is using several new technologies; which we were not even taught; such as TypeScript. Several, awesome people became Awesome, together; so, I made a friend or two (really, I made a lot: several had helped me catch up, using Google Meets, or Zoom, even call to joke around with me and say "What's up"). This is a safe environment; and I received a whole, lot, more than what I anticipated and hoped for. I have written my Senators and Several People of Congress, praising the staff and this boot camp; and I purpose in my heart to address the difficulties Veterans faced, equalized all demographics, bring more technology into ALL schools, by providing our governments certain solutions UW Coding Bootcamp named as the chief architect modal to follow and Use. In summation, it's worth the money; and you have to put in the time- they have so much to offer prior, during, and especially after Bootcamp; so sign up, today!

V/r

Frederick Thomas
      https://github.com/supercodingninja | https://supercodingninja.github.io/markdown-cv/
      Minister | Husband & Father | Brother & Friend | Developer & Engineer | Entrepreneur | USMC OEF OIF Veteran"
      Thursday, Apr 01 2021
      Way to go, Frederick! We understand it can be challenging to balance your personal commitments with your boot camp studies, so we appreciate you choosing our program to make a career change and pursue your interests.

It's great to hear you greatly benefited from all the available resources and the ongoing support of our entire team— we couldn't agree more that Jen, Faran, Phil, and Anthony are all pretty fantastic. We are truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad this resonated with you and that the entire boot camp experience was everything you had anticipated and hoped for.

We applaud all of the hard work you put into learning valuable web development skills and are looking forward to seeing what you will achieve as you continue tapping into new opportunities. Good luck!
    • John Mohr  User Photo
      John Mohr • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      FULL-TIME, FULL STACK FLEX: A Chef's Journey
      When my bar shut down because of lockdown measures I had a need to find a new career that was safe to the events of the world. I had experience coding for fun when I was younger and I decided to look deeper into the boot camps available to try and train for a new career.
      This course was the most difficult and rewarding challenge I've had the pleasure to be a part of, and I can't say enough good things about my experience within the UW Full Stack Flex Boot Camp. I've always sought a challenge in learning and had a hard time finding it. The curriculum here was challenging and effective in teaching from the ground up. I hadn't coded for over a decade, since I was a teenager, and after the three months in this course I feel like I have been focused learning these languages for years.

THE TEACHER: Joe 'I-Wrote-a-Book-About-Manatees' Rehfuss
      Joe is a fair and caring Teacher. I would recommend him to anyone who asked for so many reasons. He always came to class with a good attitude, even when reality would strike he organized the class structure in a way that was appropriate. There was an event of National importance one day and Joe, rather than pretend it was appropriate to continue, allowed us the day to take it in and understand what was happening for our own peace of mind. Noting that it's not effective to teach in an environment when everyone is questioning what's happening. Another time he had an emergency in his own life and I was proud of him for the way he handled it. Alerting us of the lesser details and ensuring our class was led by Denis for the day, who did a wonderful job picking up for Joe.

TEACHER ASSISTANTS: The Dream Team
      Which brings me to the TA team. Denis, Zac, and Aslan were all extremely helpful in their individual ways. Each has their own strengths and assisted in ways that promoted greater understanding of the topics. Zac was my assigned TA and he went above and beyond to meet my needs. I had some health issues during the Bootcamp and Zac was one of the primary reasons I was able to recover and stay on course. Denis was one of the kinder souls I've met, he offered instruction and a presence that allowed our groups to calm the rough waters of swimming in information. He was able to pick up and assist the teaching of the class when necessary in a way that was conducive to the lesson plan Joe was focused on.  On that note, Aslan was an incredible teacher in his own right. When helping with a problem he guided you to finding the answers yourself in a way that I found extremely helpful. His office-hours presentations were something I would tune-in for, grabbing some snacks and enjoying the show. Each TA helped in an incredible way and I am shocked at how effective they were for us.

SYNOPSIS: Should You, Shouldn't You
      If you're looking for a challenge that offers as much as you put into it, you've found it. The plethora of information and skills to be learned in this course are remarkable. I wish I had the time, energy, and resources to take the class over-and-over just to keep brushing up in such a great learning environment. I can not recommend this course enough.
      Monday, Mar 22 2021
      Amazing, John! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. We're thrilled to hear you had a positive learning experience and enjoyed the program as a whole. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad this resonated with you—we couldn't agree more that Joe, Denis, Zac, and Aslan are all pretty fantastic. We appreciate you taking the time to share how much of an impact each of our team members had in your studies. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We're confident you'll go on to achieve great things with your newfound skillset.
    • Ben Hopkins  User Photo
      Ben Hopkins • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I just completed UW's Full Stack Course and am very satisfied with the program. The staff was great! There are structured office hours where you can get help from TA's or the Instructors and they are always happy to help explain something or work through a problem with you. I even had TA's or the Instructor answer questions on slack outside of the office hours. I am just starting to work with career services so don't really have anything to say in regards to that. I will give a fair warning. This is a high paced class and you should be prepared to spend 30 to 40 hours a week outside of class studying. If you have a part time job and are a very fast learner then you may be able to complete the full time course but the safe bet would be to take the part time course. Study your options and pick the right one based on your life circumstance. I have a friend who is currently in the 24 week course and he is working full time. There would be no way he would be able to do the full-time course but the 24 week course is working great for him as far as i know.
      Monday, Mar 15 2021
      Incredible, Ben! We're happy to hear you were satisfied with the program. Student support is our top priority and we strive to be responsive to every request we receive—we're glad you took advantage of office hours and reached out for help whenever needed. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced course, one that will require extensive time and hard work both inside and outside of the classroom. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! We can't wait to see what you will continue to accomplish with your newfound skills.
    • So Valuable!
      - 3/11/2021
      Samuel Fox  User Photo
      Samuel Fox • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I've been curious about coding and web design for the past decade but never took the leap to explore it. I've been looking to switch careers for the year or so, when this course presented it's self I decided to take the leap. I had 0 coding experience prior to starting so I was pretty nervous to get started.  This course will show you everything you need to know to get started while being pointed in a competitive direction.

The Instructor, T.A's, and tutors were very knowledgable and did a great job breaking complex systems down to manageable chunks for me. The classroom experience and group projects were great practice for working in an employer environment and working as a team. Definitely the best educational experience I've ever had and worth every penny as an investment for my future!

Monday, Mar 15 2021
      Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Samuel! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change. Like you noted, our course is designed for both experienced and novice beginners, like yourself, so we're thrilled you were able to successfully navigate the curriculum with the help of our entire team. We work hard to simulate a real-world working environment through our group projects and learning lessons, so it's great to hear you benefited from these. Congratulations on successfully graduating, we're rooting you on in all that you do!
    • Highly Recommended
      - 3/10/2021
      Chomie U  User Photo
      Chomie U • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I spent a lot of time researching different bootcamps out there before deciding on the UW Coding Boot Camp and I was not disappointed. The course is packed with essential knowledge and skills you need to get yourself started in the tech industry. The pace can be fast for anyone who has little to no experience in progamming, but you have all the support you need to be successful. The instructors and TAs were amazing at what they do. You also have a student success manager, access to weekly 1-on-1 tutoring sessions and career services. I would recommend doing this full-time if you can afford to. The amount of focus, time and effort you put into learning the contents and working on projects will pay off.
      Monday, Mar 15 2021
      Thank you, Chomie! Like you noted, our course is designed for a range of students, from those with experience to novice beginners, and we couldn't agree more that if you are willing to put in the hard work and use all the available resources, you will find the learning experience to be extremely rewarding. We appreciate your review and wish you all the best moving forward!
    • Zii Engelhardt  User Photo
      Zii Engelhardt • Student Verified via GitHub
      This program is a great way to get started in a coding path, while having a community of students around you. My cohort was fully remote due to Covid, and it still felt like we had the camaraderie of an in-person class. Our instructor was great, the TA's are so supportive and respond to student questions with thorough answers or ways to find more information if it's something outside their wheelhouse. We learned the MERN stack (Mongo, Express, React, and Node) which is only one part of the web development ecosystem but gives you a great starting point to learn any other specializations you might be interested in.
      When you register for the course, they provide a pre-work packet to help you get up to speed and into the right mindset to learn all the subjects that are about to come flying at you. I strongly recommend working through it, and keeping up on the assignments throughout the course. The system is super flexible about when things are due, but if you rely on that too much the end of the course comes up on you fast!
      Friday, Mar 05 2021
      Thanks, Zii! Your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all learners. We're happy to hear this unplanned change is being delivered successfully and that you're benefiting from the online format.

We're glad you're finding our instructional team to be supportive and responsive. Great advice for prospective students—completing the pre-work will help you better understand the course material and stay ahead. We commend all the hard work you have dedicated thus far and look forward to helping you through the completion of the boot camp!
    • Jehyun Jung  User Photo
      Jehyun Jung Verified via GitHub
      I'm graduating from the UW Bootcamp last week. I very recommend this course for those who want to be a web developer or software engineer. I learned about the concept of programming and the way to use it. Furthermore, I learned almost all the technology that many developers are using, and the most thing is that I can learn a way how to learn new technology by myself. Also, there are really enthusiastic an instructor and TAs. They will help you whenever you are stuck in difficult things. Also, a Career manager will help you to get a job.
      Friday, Mar 05 2021
      Way to go, Jehyun! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and feel confident learning new technologies. Our entire team loves what they do, so it's great to know you benefited from their support. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Lexi Jack  User Photo
      Lexi Jack • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Applying to this bootcamp was possibly the best decision I have made in my life. I have worked entry level positions for my entire life, mostly in the service industry, and never thought I would have the time or money to try to break out of this. A traditional college degree would take too long, and I felt I was too "old" for that. Last year, when Covid hit, I was lucky enough to be given the gift of time. I took the plunge, started boot camp, and changed my life.
      This program is tough. They are supportive but not going to hold your hand and make it easy for you. You need to put in the time and effort, and can't rely solely on showing up to class to succeed. It takes a ton of hours outside of class to really learn this stuff. But the opportunities that come from this starting point are endless and it is worth it.
      The teaching staff was so supportive. They crammed so much information into my head in such a short amount of time. It really is amazing to look how far I came in only 6 months. I had John Y as my instructor and he is amazing. I can't imagine any teacher could be better than him. He is truly invested in each of us succeeding and will do anything he can to help us get there. Our TA's (Ben V, Lynna O, Dan ME, Abdul A, and Catherine P) were equally invested in us, and brought their own experience to encourage us along the way. They really gave us their entire heart and soul when trying to teach and support us. You also will get access to a one on one tutor session each week, and my tutor was also very helpful. Each teaching staff member brought a different perspective and experience, so being able to absorb a large cross section was really great for learning such tough concepts.
      Due to Covid, my cohort took place virtually, so my class size was gigantic. There were about 70 of us at the start, and about 50 of us made it to the end. Having a huge group of people to bond with and learn from was a great experience, and now I have a great network to start out with. The other benefit of a virtual program is my classmates were not restricted to living in Seattle, like an in person program would be. So I have met people from all over the country, which is also great for networking.
      I think that this program has great value. I compared it to a few other programs, but decided on this because it was affordable but still taught a lot of applicable skills. My partner is a working software developer and has made many comments along the way that the skills and lessons we've learned are really good for the actual positions we will be seeking after graduation. Many other developers I have met socially have been impressed at the tech we learned and projects we created when looking at our experience level.
      If you are thinking about doing this class, and you're willing to put in a lot of time and work, then do it. You get out what you put in, and it is a great jumping off point for changing your life path.
      And if my Instructional Team ever sees this review, thank you thank you thank you. Together, we've changed my life.
      Friday, Mar 05 2021
      Incredible, Lexi! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. You're completely right that this is a challenging program requiring extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom, but like you mentioned the results are worth it. Our entire team is passionate about enabling student success so we're thrilled this resonated with you—we couldn't agree more that Ben, Lynna, Dan, Abdul, and Catherine are all pretty amazing.

Your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all learners. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the online format. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best moving forward.