uw-boot-camps-logo

UW Boot Camps

Seattle

UW Boot Camps

UW Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time, and 12-week, full-time web development courses, and 24-week, part-time FinTech courses in Seattle and Bellevue. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, Heroku, Git, and Java. The FinTech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UW Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 12 or 24-week boot camps, students have access to career-planning services, portfolio and resume reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or financial technology.

UW Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U Inc. Brand.

Recent UW Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.91

all (53) reviews for UW Boot Camps →

Recent UW Boot Camps News

• Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course offered through the UW Professional & Continuing Education in Seattle, WA. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students will build a portfolio of web applications to showcase their knowledge and benefit from a wide range of career services to position them for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development.
    • Part-Time, FinTech Boot Camp

Excel, Algorithms, Crypocurrency, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
      LocationSeattle
      Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend classes. Gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Bellevue)

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.

• $500 UW Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UW Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle) (Seattle)
      • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Bellevue) (Seattle)
      • Part-Time, FinTech Boot Camp (Seattle)
      • Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)
    • Jesse  User Photo
      Jesse • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      This course lives up to it's title of "bootcamp". This is a difficult program! If you are like me and have no prior experience in web development or coding, you will struggle! You will question what you had gotten yourself into and if you will make it through the end of the course. However, through the late nights of hw, frustration, tears and struggle, you will learn so much! I look back at the tremendous knowledge I've learned. From the first days of writing bare bones HTML to the full stack MERN & SERN applications I am creating. I, without a doubt, have come a long way.

Due to the nature of the curriculum, I would recommend to any future students (without any prior web development or coding backgrounds) interested in this course to find a good balance of work and school. This full stack part time course is marketed towards potential students that wants to continuing working full time time hours and do school part time. For me personally, I determined 2 weeks into the program, that working full time and doing this course would not be feasible if I wanted to graduate. I ended up dropping down to just 2 days a week for work. Because of my lack of exposure to coding, I found myself coding anywhere from 5-10 hours a day. In addition to work and school, I also have a toddler to take care of. I am very grateful that my wife was very understanding of my situation. She certainly was my biggest supporter! To anyone with a full time job and a family that wants to take this course, be sure to have solid conversation on how to best balance everything. Your success for this course depends on a refined work, family and school balance!

For the course itself, you learn nearly 2 dozen technologies! Everything from the core foundation of HTML, CSS & Javascript to the backend and database technologies like Jquery, SQL, Mongo, etc. In the last few weeks of the course, you tie everything together into a React full stack application. You learn new content with each new class day. It's so fast that sometimes you don't have enough time to process it all in between class days. Where you practice these new learned things are on your hw assignments. You will have a hw assignment due every week. With the exception of project weeks. This course has 3 projects that are required to graduate. It is structured as a small-group project and you implement the technologies you have learned from the few weeks prior. For any future students, my biggest recommendations are to stay on top of your hw! This is where you'll get a chance to practice your newly learned technologies. Also be sure to turn them in on time. Do not get behind on hw as this will create a great deal of stress while attempting to turn in all the assignments right before the end of the course. All the hw assignments and the 3 projects must be submitted in order to graduate! I would also recommend going to office hours before and after class. Your instructors and TAs are your biggest assets when trying to understand the course material. I have spent many late nights reading documentations and stack overflows without any success of understanding or implementing the code. Sometimes you just need your instructors or TAs to put it into simpler context and examples that you can understand.

For the instructional team. My class was very fortunate to have Alex, Dan, and Marlon for instructors. These instructors have so much knowledge on web development and coding that it is truly amazing! They know the material and explain things very well. They were always very supportive and always willing to help with assignments and projects. They never just did the code for you. They always guided you towards the answer and explained how they came to that conclusion. I was also amazed at how patient they were when teaching the material. I certainly had days were I just didn't understand the content and kept having to ask questions or get help. I'm sure I came off as the guy that asked questions too frequently or maybe the guy who just didn't get it. But I never felt that way because they were always willing to help and acknowledged that the material is hard to understand. After all, they have endured the same struggles that we were experiencing at the time. We are all grateful to Alex, Dan and Marlon for the support and knowledge that they have provided to us.

Overall, this is a great course! Be prepared to put in some serious work. If you plan to take this course and have no coding experience, I would recommend getting a solid head start on the material. Find some time to learn the basics of HTML, CSS, and Javascript. This will give you a head start on the course material and hopefully put you in a better position to learn the later technologies of the curriculum. If you decide to commit to taking this course, be sure to really put in your time and effort. You will rejoice in the feeling of successfully completing this course. You will come out of the course with great amount of knowledge and you will be better prepared to enter the job market of web development and coding.

Good luck and happy coding!
      Wednesday, Sep 23 2020
      We truly appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Jesse! Like you noted, this is a challenging program, one that will require extensive hours of hard work and dedication.

Great advice for prospective students—finding a good balance between your personal schedule and your studies will be critical to your success. We recognize that juggling your day-to-day commitments on top of learning a new skill set can be stressful, so we commend your ongoing commitment and dedication these past few months.

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and utilized all the available resources. You're completely right that staying on top of homework assignments and reaching out to the instructional team when trying to understand the course material will be of great help. We couldn't agree more that Alex, Dan, and Marlon are fantastic.

Congratulations on successfully graduating! We're confident you'll go on to do amazing things with your newfound knowledge and wish you all the best.
    • Josephine  User Photo
      Josephine • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Was a part of the part-time program which was a total of 24 weeks. We had our class over Zoom as our cohort began at the beginning of the COVID pandemic, but this did not change the level of support we got from the instructional team and success manager assigned to us, I can say that I finished the program confident about my skills and ready to start my job search. I would definitely recommend this bootcamp but be ready to also put in a bit of work yourself to achieve your goals. All the best!
      Wednesday, Sep 23 2020
      Thanks for your review, Josephine! We're glad to hear you benefited from our virtual learning format and feel confident in your newfound web development skills. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your recommendation! We're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors.
    • Nick  User Photo
      Nick • Student Verified via GitHub
      Was a 6 month coding boot camp to learn how to become a full stack developer. COVID-19 hit at the very beginning of it and the boot camp switched to online rather than in person. Everyone was super professional. The staff did everything they could to make the class just as fun and a great learning experience. I left college and joined this class with the last of my college money to go and gain the knowledge in full stack development that I could have learned in college for less time. That does mean it is a lot more fast paced but that is good in my opinion, It means faster to your new career.
      Wednesday, Sep 23 2020
      Amazing, Nick! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the program. Like you noted, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the virtual format. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Coding Bootcamp
      - 9/18/2020
      Diego Resendez  User Photo
      Diego Resendez • Investigation Lead- Amazon.com • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Friday, Sep 18 2020
      Thank you for your review, Diego!

• Prepare Yourself
      - 9/18/2020
      Jeremiah  User Photo
      Jeremiah • Project Engineer • Student Verified via GitHub
      If you're not already completely aware boot camps can be super tough, especially considering a "full stack" development boot camp. They do genuinely give you a crash course on everything. You're going to find yourself a few weeks in panicking asking, what in the heck did I get myself in to and then you'll kind of just grow numb to the information being thrown at you. The end will come quick and you'll feel like you don't even know what you've learned until you get the opportunity to look at old repositories and realize just how incredibly far you've came. Get ready and stay on top of things. I pursued this course while working 50+ hours a week in construction management, if I can do it, you got this.

If you're like me and you're reading every review out there, just take the leap, coding isn't going anywhere and it's better to catch the ship before it sails.
    • Christina  User Photo
      Christina • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      No matter your background, you can do this! Such an incredibly relevant skillset for just about every genre of work. The instructors really care about each student!
      Monday, Aug 31 2020
      Thank you for your review, Christina! We're thrilled you benefited from our instructional team and felt continuously supported by them. Congratulations on completing the program and all the best!
    • Dylan Bremner  User Photo
      Dylan Bremner • Technical Solutions Analyst II • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Man, I don't even know where to start. I went into this class with a bit of knowledge as I was already in the IT industry, so I figured I would have a little bit of a head start on my classmates, but boy was I wrong! This class really goes all out and really packs in the information. You learn sooo much stuff in these 6 months, and I cannot stress enough that you have to go into this class wanting to learn. This class will not work well for you if you are being forced into it or do not have the time to put into it – you have to want to be here and you have to have time to study. There is just so much learning to do in these 6 months that you will be completely lost 6 weeks in unless you put in a lot of time studying time outside of class hours. But do not fear, they have plenty of great resources available to you! Use those resources! The TA's are great (shout out to Ben Vaagen) and the Boot Camp Support staff they have in their Slack channel are available to you 12 hours a day, 7 days a week are always ready to help you out with any coding questions you may have. They also provide you with a personal tutor if you request one. For awhile there I was taking tutor sessions 1 hour per day, 4 days per week, on top of my classes! Besides all of these resources, the professor is also available for "office hours" before and after class, and I found that to be very helpful as well at times. Also as a side note, my professor, John Young, was absolutely incredible. He was able to transition our curriculum from an in-person curriculum to an online only curriculum (thanks to Covid) almost seamlessly, and he was so friendly and when you spoke with him you really felt a personal connection - it really felt like he wanted me to succeed and he was almost as personally invested in me succeeding as I was myself. I cannot recommend him and his teaching assistants enough. Before you sign up for your cohort, make sure to ask who the professor is and try to get into John's class.

All in all I cannot recommend this boot camp enough. I know there are mixed reviews online, but with this boot camp you get what you put into it - if you actually put in the effort and put in the work you will come out of this class with an enormous amount of knowledge and you will know how to put it to use. I cannot say that today I am ready to go out and get a job as a developer, but give me another few months of learning and practicing and I definitely think I will be ready to break out into that field, which was the desired outcome of this course after all!
      Thursday, Aug 27 2020
      We appreciate your review, Dylan! You're completely right that this program will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom, but like you mentioned, using the available resources will definitely help you stay ahead. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're happy to hear this resonated with you and that you benefited from their ongoing support—we also have to agree that Ben and John are pretty amazing. We commend all the hard work you dedicated these last few months and can't wait to see how you'll apply your newfound skills in real-world settings. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in your coding endeavors!
    • Alyssa Hellrung  User Photo
      Alyssa Hellrung • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I started researching coding boot camps because I was looking for a career change when my longtime career teaching in higher education started to become unstable. I had never done any coding before I started researching boot camps; I was a complete beginner. I am a University of Washington alum and I am also on faculty there, so when I saw that they had a boot camp, I looked into it straight away. I already trust UW, and after reading many positive reviews and seeing what they had to offer, I was sold. I was specifically looking for a part-time, in-person program, and this was it.

Unfortunately, we only got to meet in person for a week and a half before having to shift to remote learning due to the pandemic. Somehow, even though it was unusual, the experience was still fantastic. We learned SO MUCH in a short period of time. It was intense, as promised (they liked to use the phrase "drinking through a fire hose"), but I never found it too overwhelming. A ton of support is offered to the students--there are office hours before and after every class where the instructional team is available to help, we were given one free tutoring session per week with a dedicated tutor (meaning, you work with the same person for the whole boot camp--and by the way, even if you don't think you need a tutor, GET ONE! They can help you learn even faster!), and we, the students, were encouraged to lean on each other for help as well.

My instructor was John Young, and he is incredible at what he does. He's extremely knowledgeable, he's engaging, funny, and you know from the very first day that he truly wants every student to succeed. My TAs were Ben and Abdul, and they were awesome too--endlessly supportive and patient.

Career Services is also a big deal in this boot camp, and I have found everything they do (from free workshops to one-on-ones with a Career Director to reviewing job search materials to ENDLESS online resources) to be extremely helpful. I see a lot of folks online who put down boot camps because they think they can just learn coding on their own, but Career Services is something you can't really just do on your own, so that alone is a reason to do this boot camp.

My recommendation for anyone who is reading this because they are undecided about UW's boot camp is DO IT! It's totally worth it and will change your life!
      Thursday, Aug 27 2020
      Amazing, Alyssa! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. We're glad to hear you had a positive student experience and benefited from the support of our entire team. We also have to agree that John, Ben, and Abdul are all fantastic and passionate about what they do.

Your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the online format. Great advice for prospective candidates — taking advantage of all the program's resources, like tutoring and office hours, will help you stay ahead and better understand complex concepts.

Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review and recommendation! All the best as you move forward.
    • Darryl Williams  User Photo
      Darryl Williams • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I took this course because I needed a career change. I signed up for the in-person course because that's how I feel I learn best. Then BOOM, about 2 weeks in COVID hit and we were all online. The transition was effortless. Our instructor John kept everything rolling like nothing has changed. Our TA's Ben and Abdul never let up on the support. There were a lot of late night Zoom calls, because they wanted to make sure we understood the content. Not gonna lie, about half way in, I wanted to quit. I was overwhelmed with the amount of information that we were learning and I felt like I was too far behind to complete the course. The conversation I had with John, Abdul and Ben convinced me to stay and I'm glad I did. In just six months, I have a whole other skill set that employers are looking for and I'm ready to get out there and see what this world has to offer!
      Monday, Aug 24 2020
      Way to go, Darryl! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're thrilled you found the transition to online classes effortless and are taking advantage of all the boot camp's resources as well as benefiting from the ongoing support of our instructional team. You're completely right that John, Ben, and Abdul are pretty amazing at what they do. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in all your future coding endeavors.
    • Joanna Preston  User Photo
      Joanna Preston • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      This bootcamp was an amazing experience and I highly recommend it to anybody that's interested in learning how to code. The instructor (John) and TA's (Ben and Abdul) were so knowledgeable, patient, and encouraging. They really cared about each individual student and took the time to make sure that we were each grasping the concepts. This class was intended to be an in person class, and after 3 weeks got switched to online because of Covid. I thought that the bootcamp and the instructional team did a great job of transitioning to online learning and keeping us engaged, and I still feel like I got just as much out of it. It's a lot of information to pack into 6 months, and it requires a lot of hard work and studying outside of class. But the bootcamp offers lots of resources to help you such as tutors, learning assistants, and office hours before and after every class for individual help. If you're reading this wondering if it's worth it, or if you can really learn the fundamentals of coding in 6 months with no prior experience, the answer is yes!
      Monday, Aug 24 2020
      Thanks, Joanna! We're happy to hear you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and encouraging. We also have to agree that John, Ben, and Abdul are pretty fantastic. Like you mentioned, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19. We're happy to hear the transition to our online format was delivered successfully and that you are benefiting from this structure. You're completely right that this program will require hard work and extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom, so we commend your dedication to your studies. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all that you do!
    • Sabah Syed  User Photo
      Sabah Syed • Student Verified via GitHub
      I chose UW Bootcamp after months of researching of what can be the best value and UW did not disappoint. This program was thrice a week over a period of 6 months but boy does this get intense! We met in person for less than 3 weeks and then pandemic hit. I honestly feel our instructional team did a fab job at the transiton . Our instructor John and TAs Ben and Abdul helped us anytime we had questions or doubts. Extra tutor hours were given to cope up with the hectic curriculum. Office hours are before and after class to help the students, I do not regret joining UW and if any of you want to learn how to code even if you haven't coded once before this is what you should consider. This journey is not easy, you have to give atleast 3-4 hours of study everyday, but it is all worth it. :)
      Monday, Aug 24 2020
      Amazing, Sabah! We're happy to hear you're enjoying your boot camp experience. We also have to agree that John, Ben, and Abdul are fantastic.

Your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you are benefiting from our online format. We commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on towards graduation!
    • Daniel Luke Tanoeihusada  User Photo
      Daniel Luke Tanoeihusada • Histology Trainee • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      It was really an experience. This bootcamp delivers all the needed basics of web-development in such a nice and enjoyable way that I am actually sad that it ended. The instructor and TA are incredible people and make the grueling program much more easy to digest. If there are more classes with these people count me in.
      Monday, Aug 24 2020
      Thank you, Daniel! We're thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future endeavors!