uw-boot-camps-logo

UW Boot Camps

Seattle

UW Boot Camps

UW Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time, and 12-week, full-time web development courses, and a 24-week, part-time financial technology course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git. The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UW Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 12- or 24-week boot camps, students have access to career planning services, portfolio and resume reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or financial technology.

UW Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U Inc. Brand.

Recent UW Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (134) reviews for UW Boot Camps →

Recent UW Boot Camps News

• FinTech Boot Camp - Part-Time

SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Excel, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, Algorithms
      LocationSeattle
      Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    • Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
      LocationSeattle
      UW Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    • Web Development Boot Camp - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
      LocationSeattle
      UW Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

• $500 UW Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UW Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)
      • FinTech Boot Camp - Part-Time (Seattle)
      • All courses in Seattle
      • Web Development Boot Camp - Part-Time (Seattle)
    • 'Cubic Expanse'
      - 6/3/2022
      Andrew Michael An  User Photo
      Andrew Michael An • MERN-Stack Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      It was rough; but as soon as I was rolled into B. Duimstra's class it all changed; an environ rich with students engaging with one another, meeting outside of class to chop the studies down, acclimating to a professional environment as best a class could mimic: that which a tech-career entails; though a classroom, leaders (staff and peers alike) allowed for the unspoken promulgation of an ethos to suffice. Teamwork wrought out of cohesive determination, a collective fortitude melded by like-goals, like-dreams, like-minds; a care for one another exemplified by countless collective endeavors to bring one another back into the fray - to win; for one's Self, for one's Family, for one's Future. An, "I win. You win. We win," mentality shown and proven through ACTION; over, and over, and over again: the whole, `Error! 500 - "Bad Language!"`, class.

Leaders, and only Leaders, exhibit the traits necessary to allow for an undercurrent to take grasp; encouraging this potential energy to perpetuate into a current, building momentum as the flow increases, taking on more volume as it builds It's shape and increases velocity, this force then perpetuating a collective mass of It's Like pulling the outliers into it's ever-increasing advance towards a shore on the Other Side; fortifying resolve, exemplifying momentous grit, inundating It's form with an encouraging haste towards that Terminus of Future...

...what was once a negligible tickle in a trickle of an idea had become an unequivocal Wave of Due Recognition as witness bear to Our form; rising above It's prior elevations among a collective of It's Like; now, with Shore in sight, We approach with 'Daunt' at our apex as 'Failure' accepts oblivion.

I'm nothing, nothing, compared to that which is something..

Jen Alexander, Big Brian Duimstra, John Titus, Zakk Fast, Alison Schreckengast, the 2U-UW Team; Samuli Jarvinen, Erinn Matesi, Chris Tidwell, Kateryna Tekmenzhi, Huang Cheng-Chien, Nathan Milburn..

..The Whole Wave. THE WHOLE WAVE!

WE. ARE. HERE. ...NOW!
      Friday, Jun 03 2022
      Way to go, Andrew! We're thrilled you enjoyed the boot camp experience. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're glad this resonated with you. We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment and are happy you were able to make close connections with your classmates. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! All the best in your future coding endeavors.
    • Rebecca Y.  User Photo
      Rebecca Y. • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Great course! Instructor was great and everyone is always willing to help! Also the course provides great tutors.
      Thursday, Jun 02 2022
      Thank you, Rebecca! It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and enjoyed the program. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck moving forward!
    • Anthony Ditore  User Photo
      Anthony Ditore • Student Verified via GitHub
      This course was very helpful and excellently paced for a beginner in coding who works 40+ hours a week to learn about the world, work and field of web development. If you put in the time and really focus, you will be extremely happy and rewarded with the skills that you develop.

I had the amazing opportunity to have Brian Duimstra as my instructor. He is very well versed in what he knows and it really showed and made his instruction easy to follow and understand. His insights for the future, and all around positivity made this course extremely enjoyable! I really appreciate it!

The curriculum provided was excellent, I am glad I will be able to study it for a continued time after I graduate.

Job assistance is well thought out and planned, you need to be active with the career team to get all the help you want. But that shows dedication to finding a new career and I think that's the way it should be.

I am happy that I will be graduating, and I will be recommending this course to anyone who is looking to change careers into Web Development!

Cheers:)
      Tuesday, May 31 2022
      We appreciate your review, Anthony! We couldn't agree more with you that if you're willing to put in the time and hard work you can definitely succeed in this program. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our instructional team — we also believe that Brian is pretty amazing. Great advice on reaching out to career services and actively using all the available resources. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp! We wish you all the best in your future coding endeavors.
    • Kelsey Mailau  User Photo
      Kelsey Mailau • Front-end Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      You really get what you put into this course. If you are willing and ready to be challenged and put in 20+ hours every week outside of class to studying and coding, you will do very well in this course and learn so much!! My instructor, Anthony Brown, did an amazing job at teaching the material and showing us students how much he cared about our success. I thought the Bootcamp was very well organized and structured. If you utilize all of the resources they give you, the reading materials, instructional videos, projects, assignments, tutors, TA's and office hours, you will set yourself up for success. It is challenging and fast-paced, but if you are ready to put in the time, you will be amazed at how much you've learned by the end of it!

I went into this bootcamp with no prior coding experience. I learned what HTML was for the first time with the pre-work assignments we were given upon signing up for the course. I graduated from the bootcamp three weeks ago and received my first job offer today. I will be starting my first job as a Front-end Engineer with Amazon in one month and I am beyond grateful for this bootcamp and the instructional team for helping me get here.
      Friday, May 20 2022
      Amazing, Kelsey! We're so glad that you found the boot camp to be effective in gaining the skills to reach your career goals. We have to agree, Anthony is a great instructor, and we're happy to hear that you found the entire instructional staff to be supportive. Like you mentioned, learners get out of the program what they put in, and we appreciate your advice for future students to embrace the challenge. Congratulations on graduating and securing a new job! We wish you all the best moving forward.
    • Chris Cavazos  User Photo
      Chris Cavazos • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Attending the part-time Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp through UW and Trilogy was one of the best things I could have done! Going in I had previously attended college classes but not I was not yet finished. I wanted to transition into this field without spending another 4 years racking up debt. I am VERY happy I decided to do this. There are so many different guides online on how to get into the field and different paths to take but this was best for me. I was very nervous knowing some friends that have had bad experiences at Universities but I was blessed with one of the best instructors I’ve ever had. Anthony was fantastic. He came to every class motivated to help us learn and was  enthusiastic about coding. Through every roadblock, Anthony and the TA’s were great at helping us power through and get over any doubts we had. The support through the entirety of the course was essential for me to learn this much material in such a short time. Not only did we learn different technologies and how to code, we learned how to learn more after the course since this field is ever growing, with brand new technologies popping up all of the time. For anybody on the fence about this, yes it will be challenging, but there is so much support to help you through it is well worth the struggles! I am freshly graduated and still looking for my first job but the course gives plenty of opportunity to help us find our future careers!
      Wednesday, May 18 2022
      Way to go, Chris! We're thrilled you had a positive boot camp experience and found our instructional team to be so supportive — we also have to agree that Anthony is pretty fantastic. It's great to hear you enjoyed learning a wide range of new technologies that ultimately helped further develop your confidence in your newfound skills. Like you noted, this is a rigorous program but by utilizing all the available resources you can succeed. Congratulations on graduating! We appreciate your review and are rooting you on in all that you do!
    • Graduate
      - 5/9/2022
      Juanita Samborski  User Photo
      Juanita Samborski • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I came into UW’s Full-Stack Development BootCamp with six years of experience designing and building WordPress websites. For about two years, I debated whether or not I wanted to take the leap to expand my skillset. After reviewing the course offerings, I signed up for part-time instruction and had a remarkable experience.

The class schedule fit in nicely with my work schedule and all classes were held via Zoom. Though the thought of engaging with others during this program was a little daunting, it pushed me out of my comfort zone and, in the process, I met and engaged with a great group of people.

The TA’s were helpful and patient, and the instructor, Anthony, was incredibly supportive, patient, knowledgable, and taught in a manner that was easy to understand. Throughout the course, there are several required homework assignments and projects that help enhance your understanding of the topic and, when included in your portfolio, also demonstrate to prospective employers your level of experience.

After this course, I feel prepared and confident in entering the field as a full-stack developer.

*Even though it is part-time instruction, the course is fast-paced. Keep to a schedule. Complete homework assignments the week they are due, engage in breakout rooms and with other students, always ask questions (everyone is incredibly supportive), and have fun!
      Wednesday, May 11 2022
      Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Juanita! We appreciate you choosing our program to further expand your skill set. We're glad you benefited from the part-time schedule and made close connections with your classmates. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student support so it's great to know you found them to be supportive — we have to agree that Anthony is also pretty fantastic. Great advice for prospective learners on committing to a schedule, completing assignments, and always asking questions. Congratulations on completing the course! We wish you all the best in your future coding endeavors.
    • Arya Krishna  User Photo
      Arya Krishna • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      My experience with UW Bootcamp was pretty good. I went into this class as a true beginner, and the classes gave me a pretty good start with Programming. I work full time, but the part time program did work for me. The pace of the course is rigorous and there were times when the imposter syndrome hit real hard, but Anthony was amazing and he kept motivating with all the pep talks and support. Attending the office hours and tutor sessions and requesting help from TA's and instructors will really help to complete the course. I learned so much from this course and would definitely recommend this course for beginners. Special thanks to Anthony, Zach, John, Christine and Angela.
      Wednesday, May 11 2022
       Amazing, Arya! It's great to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced and rigorous program but by utilizing the available resources, including office hours and tutoring, you can succeed. We're glad you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team and couldn't agree more that Anthony, Zach, John, Christine, and Angela are all fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
    • J. Michael Brown  User Photo
      J. Michael Brown • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I signed up for this bootcamp to refresh my skills after a number of years away from my last front end dev role. I feel so prepared to hit the job market again after all the great content and instruction from Anthony and his TAs. I learned so much more than I was anticipating, the curriculum really builds on the topics as you progress. You get a clear picture of what’s involved from building front ends with HTML, CSS, JS, using libraries and frameworks, writing and calling web service APIs, creating and using databases, and deploying it all to a live server.

The content is comprehensive and the pace is quick, but the positivity, patience, and encouragement from the staff helped me stick with it and learn the material, plus even more. Learning together with the community of other students was a huge benefit as well. The most successful students were engaged with their breakout groups, projects, and office hours.

Building out a portfolio from the assignments and projects was a huge benefit, and the career services team and additional workshops make me feel confident in my job search.

It is a large time commitment on top of a full-time job, but I absolutely recommend it if you can put in the time and dedication!
      Friday, May 06 2022
      Thank you, J. Michael! We're thrilled you hear you were able to further advance your web development skills. Our entire boot camp team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're happy this resonated with you — we also have to agree that Anthony is pretty amazing. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced and rigorous program but if you take advantage of all the available resources, like actively participating in career services events and attending office hours, you can accomplish your goals. Congratulations on completing the course! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
    • Kim  User Photo
      Kim • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Changing careers is really scary, but I'm so glad I took a chance on enrolling in the UW Full stack flex (web dev) boot camp. The instructor Anthony Brown actually really loves teaching and really cares about how well his students learn and implement what he is teaching. Our TA Zac Edens was marvelous and super helpful. Made lifelong friends even though we are on zoom and look forward to the next step in my development career!
      Friday, May 06 2022
      Incredible, Kim! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're glad to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and couldn't agree more that Anthony and Zac are fantastic. We're happy you benefited from the online format of the boot camp and made close connections with your classmates. Congratulations on graduating! Best of luck in all your future coding endeavors.
    • Mikayla  User Photo
      Mikayla • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I was so glad to find an online course that fit my schedule but was also in a classroom setting with other students who had differing levels of comfort with web development.  I loved that everything was over zoom and there were office hours where I could take my homework or general questions to a TA and having an opportunity to meet with a tutor was incredible.  The instructional staff is amazing, enthusiastic and well versed in all types of languages and tools to help us become the best Jr web developers out there.
      Wednesday, May 04 2022
      We appreciate your review, Mikayla! It's great to hear you benefited from the online format of the program and utilized all the available boot camp resources like office hours and tutoring. We're glad you also felt supported by our entire instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the course! All the best moving forward.
    • Samantha  User Photo
      Samantha • Student Verified via GitHub
      I was hesitant going into this bootcamp, not knowing what to expect with an online course. I am pleased to announce that it was incredible. I had Anthony as my instructor and he was so fantastic, he made it feel incredibly interactive even though it was completely remote. Everyone in the program management was so helpful and I also loved my tutor. Take advantage of the tutor system and don't be afraid to ask for help. It's a tough class, but incredibly worthwhile. I learned so much.
      Wednesday, May 04 2022
      Amazing, Samantha! We're thrilled you benefited from the support of our instructional team and couldn't agree more that Anthony is fantastic. Great advice for prospective students — taking advantage of all the available boot camp resources, like tutoring, can truly help you succeed. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all that you do.
    • Coding Bootcamp
      - 3/20/2022
      Sabrina  User Photo
      Sabrina • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This is a very intensive and rewarding 12-week bootcamp to learn full stack web development. It is not for the faint of heart. You will work on the content every day for many hours a day. You will learn front and back end languages and will be able to build full service applications. You will also receive career coaching and invites to hundreds of seminars. Well worth the money.
      Monday, Mar 28 2022
      Way to go, Sabrina! Like you mentioned, this is a rigorous course that will require extensive hours of hard work and dedication, so we commend all your hard work. We're glad you benefited from career services. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.