uw-boot-camps-logo

UW Boot Camps

Seattle

UW Boot Camps

UW Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time, and 12-week, full-time web development courses, and 24-week, part-time FinTech courses in Seattle and Bellevue. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, Heroku, Git, and Java. The FinTech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UW Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 12 or 24-week boot camps, students have access to career-planning services, portfolio and resume reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or financial technology.

UW Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U Inc. Brand.

Recent UW Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (32) reviews for UW Boot Camps →

Recent UW Boot Camps News

• Full-Time, Web Development Boot Camp

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course offered through the UW Professional & Continuing Education in Seattle, WA. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students will build a portfolio of web applications to showcase their knowledge and benefit from a wide range of career services to position them for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development.
    • Part-Time, FinTech Boot Camp

Excel, Algorithms, Crypocurrency, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
      LocationSeattle
      Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend classes. Gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Bellevue)

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Part-Time, Web Development Boot Camp (Seattle)

LocationSeattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    • Great experience!!
      - 3/15/2020
      Andrew Miller  User Photo
      Andrew Miller • Glassblower • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The instruction staff was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Their commitment to learning was clearly evident as was their dedication to their students.

I came out of this bootcamp with a wealth of knowledge and a desire to pursue full stack web development as a career.
      Monday, Mar 16 2020
      Amazing, Andrew! Our entire boot camp team is truly dedicated to enabling student success, so we're happy to hear this resonated with you. We commend all the hard work you dedicated to your boot camp studies. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! All the best as you move forward.
    • Aslan Ghodsian  User Photo
      Aslan Ghodsian • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had an amazing experience taking the full time web development course at UW. I didn't have any background in coding, but with the support from the instructor, TAs, tutoring team, and hours upon hours of study, I made my path to this line of work. It was not an easy task, it required hard work and dedication, and it payed off at the end.
      The instructor was amazing and his teaching method not just made the materials understandable, but a deep understanding of why and how each line of code does what it does, plus, he kept the class atmosphere positive and fun at all times. The TA team were knowledgeable and great with going around and help students individually, and in groups, with a positive attitude and with the intent to lead students to the answer instead of giving the answer to the students. I had the utmost fun in the class, and I feel like I did learn a lot, and I'm ready to start my new career path in an ever growing industry.
      Monday, Mar 16 2020
      Thank you, Aslan! We're thrilled to hear you had a positive student experience and benefited from the support of our entire team.

Like you mentioned, the program requires hard work and dedication but it's completely worth it. We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment, so it's great to know you not only learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development but had fun throughout your boot camp journey.

Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors!
    • Neha Nehru  User Photo
      Neha Nehru • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I have absolutely loved and enjoyed my time at the boot camp. I enrolled myself at the bootcamp after a long maternity break which made me a little apprehensive in the beginning because I wasn't sure If I would be able to do it or not. Neverthless to say the entire staff of the UWB bootcamp - teachers, TAs, student coodinators, career managers and everyone else has been very kind, understanding, helpful, supportive and have given me my space to be able to mentally get ready and finish this course.

I had absolutely no knowledge or background of the entire course of material I have learned throughout the term, as my previous background was finance and banking. To be able to learn and become a full stack web developer has been a big achievement. Also, having a different background helped in making different kinds of projects without having to spend  more time on research.

Our instructors and TAs are part of a very big reason why we were able to accomplish this feat today. No one refused for any kind of extra help. They would also go above and beyond in trying to help us whether be it staying outside of office hours, replying to messages from home, setting up video tutorials for diffiicult or popular topics, sending tones of extra material and resources etc.

I also liked the way the curriculum was set up. Though it might seem confusing in the first class or so,  but the key is to stay consistent and keep reviewing all the topics learnt in class. The lesson plans are build on the previous ones so its actually easier to review and keep on track of what's happening. I have recently started my conversations with our career manager for job assistance and so far the experince has been very helpful and pleasent and I am sure it 'll continue to be the same in the next couple of months.

Overall, I would defintely recommend this boot camp for anyone looking for a fresh start, portfolio enhancement or a challenge in the IT industry.

Wednesday, Jan 29 2020
      Thank you for sharing your program experience, Neha! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the boot camp and benefited from the support and encouragement of our entire team. We're passionate about seeing each and every one of our students succeed, so we're glad this truly resonated with you.

Great advice for interested candidates: staying on top of your studies and constantly reviewing the material covered will truly help you get ahead. Congratulations on successfully graduating! We wish you al the best as you continue forward.
    • Matt Jennings  User Photo
      Matt Jennings • WordPress Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I'm a new UW Coding Bootcamp grad and took the class from May to November 2019 which was the 24 week class.

This class was stupendous. The instructors were knowledgable and we learned very valuable, real world programming languages/frameworks such as Vanilla JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, MongoDB, and React.

Some additional great things about the class were:​

• The assignments. There were no tests but you did need to test in websites you created using such technologies as GitHub and Heroku. With Heroku we deployed websites that included MySQL and MongoDB databases.
      • Group projects. We did three group projects and that was very valuable experience, including how to use GitHub while working on multiple computers at the same time.
      • Algorithms. We focused on JavaScript algorithms and usually did them before class. Also, we had a week on algorithms and discussed Big O nation (optimizing algorithms to run faster).
      • The cost. As of May 2019 I paid under $11,000. Yes this a lot but it less expensive than other bootcamps out there like Coding Dojo. You can also pay this as you take the course as it doesn't need to be paid all up front.

Some improvements for the bootcamp could be:

• Cutting some technologies from the curriculum, like Firebase (a Google database). I don't believe that Firebase is used most places. However, it is an easier database to use.
      • Focusing more on job-interview JavaScript algorithms. For example, going through algorithms or getting resources for interview like at Amazon.

Good luck with your search!

Tuesday, Jan 21 2020
      Way to go, Matt! We're thrilled you benefited from the support of our instructional team and enjoyed the course material. We strive to provide students with as many collaborative learning opportunities as possible as the ability to work with others is an important aspect of any industry.

We appreciate your feedback as we're always looking to optimize our boot camp offerings. Congratulations on graduating! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
    • Victor Chung  User Photo
      Victor Chung • Real-Estate Investor • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The UW Coding Boot Camp (Full Stack Web Development) offers full time and part time courses in downtown Seattle and Bellevue. I attended the 24 weeks, part-time evening course in Seattle. I started on June 5th 2019 and graduated on December 5th 2019.

I have been hearing about the high demand for Web Developers for the last few years and that the demand will continue to grow for the next few years. I thought I should give it a try. The internet always fascinates me and I have always wanted to be a Web Developer. I wanted to know the inner workings of the web sites I visited daily. I had been a successful small business owner in the automotive industry for the last 20 years and had decided to retire from it recently, and I thought this is the perfect time to make my dream of becoming a Web Developer come true. So, I started researching for a coding school in the Seattle area. After a month of contemplating and comparing various coding schools in the area, I decided to enroll in the UW Coding Bootcamp. My decision was based on: quality and brand name school, cost, tuition installment payment option, and availability of part-time evening classes. The part-time classes allowed me to continue my apartment rental /real estate investment business.

My experience with the boot camp was generally very good though my feelings had been up and down the entire course of the program. It was no doubt a very intensive program and very challenging for someone who had no prior programming or coding experience. Before the course started, I was very gung-ho and couldn’t wait to start. The first month was great- we did mostly HTML and CSS.  I pretty much understood most of it. Then came JavaScript, and that was when things started to get blurry for me. I began to question myself why I enrolled in the program. I saw how knowledgeable some of my classmates are and I began to lost confidence in myself. To be honest, I thought of quitting a few times. I talked to the instructor and the TAs and they all kept telling me to hang in there and that things will get better. By that time, I was at a crossroad-quit and disappoint my kids and waste my money or to continue and see if things will change for the better. When I started the program, I wanted to be a good example to my kids so they can aspire to be good students. Afterall, I always tell them to work hard and to get good grades. Quitting was definitely not an option. I kept telling myself that I have to hang in there no matter what the outcome may be. So, I spent countless hours in front of the computer pouring over videos, articles, and reading books on coding. By that time, my wife was complaining that I was always in front of the computer and she thought I was been lazy. My kids probably felt neglected too. But I can’t quit, that’s not me, I am not a quitter. Now that I graduated and looking back, I am glad I stuck with it and I am glad the instructor and the TAs kept telling me to hang in there. I am so thankful for them.

My favorite aspect of the program is the chance to be among such wonderful teaching staff and my fellow classmates. Just about everyone was very supportive of each other and they never ceased to help each other in class. Our instructor, Arron Linton was the most caring instructor I ever had. He spent countless hours helping me and other students, sometimes late in the night after class was over. In addition, Arron would do extended office hours at very convenient time. That’s what I call; going above and beyond call of duty! All the teaching staffs genuinely want the students to succeed. Also, having a personal tutor (included in the program) once a week was definitely a great help. I wish I had taken advantage of this earlier in the program.

What I got out of this boot camp:

• A certificate from a renowned institute of higher learning- The University of Washington
      • A network of industry professionals
      • An invaluable skill in Web Development with a better understanding of JavaScript and the internet
      • An experience building apps as a team
      • The skill of stress management

My advice to anyone who wants to sign up for the coding boot camp are:

• Minimize distractions by getting your finances in order
      • Get full support from your family
      • Start studying before the program starts.
      • Get all your personal stuffs done before class starts because you need as many hours as you have-It’s hard work and it requires dedication.
      • Stay healthy
      • Be positive and don’t give up
      • Always try to keep up and don’t fall behind
      • Don’t compare yourself to other students who have a background in computer programming or have prior coding experience.
      • Believe in yourself.
      • Research and compare schools.
      Wednesday, Dec 11 2019
      Amazing, Victor! We're happy to hear you had a positive student experience and chose our program to make a significant career change.

Like you mentioned, this is a challenging program, one that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. As such, we commend all the hard work you dedicated while balancing your studies with your personal schedule.

We work hard to foster a collaborative environment, so it's great to know you made close connections with your classmates and felt continually encouraged by our entire instructional team. Congratulations on successfully graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you continued success in all your coding endeavors.
    • Vahe Minasyan  User Photo
      Vahe Minasyan • Project Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The UW Coding Bootcamp gave me a great start in the programming. They offered part-time programm which worked well with my schedule. Their curruculum is comprehensive, staff supportive and interested in your success. It's a good place to start if you have zero or low coding skills.

Wednesday, Jun 26 2019
      Thanks, Vahe! We're thrilled you benefited from the program's flexible schedule and enjoyed our entire team's support. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck moving forward!
    • Believe the hype
      - 6/17/2019
      Clinton Brodar  User Photo
      Clinton Brodar • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I am a current part-time student in the Full-Stack Flex program.  When I entered the program, the only experience I had with coding was a couple video tutorial on HTML I had watched a couple years ago.  We quickly surpassed that knowledge within the first class.

I struggled at first.  It had been awhile since I was last in school and making the adjustment to the schedule itself was difficult.  Combing working 40 hours a week with late nights downtown two nights a week and an early Saturday morning class threw a torando into my usual routine.  Adjustments had to made. Sacrifices to my personal time were essential.  I spent the first few weeks finding extra pockets of time throughout my week to work on homework and reviewing in-class assignments.

But throughout all of this, I always felt like I was surrounded by an amazing support team.  My teachers, tutors and TA's were always willing to help me out in a way that made me feel a little more confident.  After a few weeks, I looked back and noticed how confident I was in the material I had learned in the weeks prior.

A piece of advice I would give anyone who is starting out on this program: if you have time, always attempt to do the more difficult homework once you have finished the easier one.

One of the first assignments was to build a role-playing game using Javascript.  Up to this point, I had been doing the easy assignments which had been just fine.  For this one, I decided to try the harder version.  I cannot express how difficult I found doing this.  I spent hours and hours researching, reading documentation and watching video tutorials and still was not able to get it to work.  However, in the following weeks, I found myself actually using a lot of the functions and methods I had already researched for RPG assignment.

This has been one of the lessons I have slowly been learning throughout the program.  While it can be frustrating in the moment when you keep trying different things and getting the same results, there is no such thing as wasting time, as long as you are coding.  Always be coding.

Currently, I am a little over halfway through the program and I have already built an entire web application.  I'm using words and phrases in my daily life that never would have crossed my mind just a few months ago.  I am looking forward to completing this program and would higly recommend it to anyone that is interested in development.

Tuesday, Jun 18 2019
      Thank you for sharing your current boot camp experience, Clinton!  It takes hard work to balance the material, so we applaud all the dedication you have committed thus far. We're happy to hear you've benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and appreciate the helpful advice you provided for prospective students. We're rooting you on as you continue towards finishing out the course!
      - 6/13/2019
      Abram Thau  User Photo
      Abram Thau • Student Verified via GitHub

I graduated the full stack full time program a month ago, and I can firmly say it was worth it. Going in I had some experience with programming, and I'd been taking udemy courses on Javascript, so I was unsure if I should spend the big chunk of change necessary for the bootcamp, or if I should just keep going through the cheaper online courses. But looking back on it I am so glad I did go with this program...they move incredibly quickly through the curriculum, so it's hard work, but each section builds on the previous material, so it's constant reinforcement of the various skills. Plus, the teaching staff and other students are a powerful resource. Without them it would have taken me many, many times longer to learn the same skills, and much less comprehensively.
      That said, it's important to set a couple expectations: you won't learn everything in extreme depth. You'll be laying the groundwork in front end, back end, APIs, servers, databases, etc, but continuing to learn on your own is absolutely necessary too.

I did knock them down to 4 stars on "instructors", simply because there was some inconsistency. Some of the TAs were absolutely stellar, and able to reliable point me in the right direction, and some were much shakier it terms of depth of knowledge. But all were wonderful to work with.

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      Way to go, Abram! It's great to know you felt supported by our instructional team and found both their assistance and your classmates to be powerful resources. Like you noted, this is a rigorous program, so we commend your hard work and dedication. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we appreciate your review! All the best as you move forward.
    • Great boot camp!
      - 6/13/2019
      Youngju Lucy Lee  User Photo
      Youngju Lucy Lee • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Love this boot camp! I'm learning so much through this bootcamp, connecting with various people, and enjoying the start of my new journey. Lots of help and support given throughout the course!

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      Thank you, Youngju! We're happy to hear you had a positive student experience. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
    • Claire Gibeau  User Photo
      Claire Gibeau • Project Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

My overall experience with the UW Full-Time bootcamp was a good one, though I do have some points to share with potential applicants. One being, when they say the program is a lot of work, they mean it! Having a BA and other certifications as well as having several years of work under my belt going into this, I thought I knew what working hard long hours looked like. This reset the bar. Expect to work every night and weekend, with very few exceptions, if you want to do well. That being said, I went into this class as a true beginner, so if you have experience you may find the work to take less time.

This class is marketed to all experience levels, as well as to Project Managers. My next point of feedback is that I somewhat disagree that that’s appropriate. 100% you will get more out of this class if you have at least some HTML, CSS, and GitHub experience, and have dabbled in at least one formal programming language (JavaScript especially). If you can take some side classes at a community college to get familiar in any of those prior to the class, you would get a lot more out of it.

From the PM perspective, this class really doesn’t teach you anything about how to manage a project. If you are taking this with the goal of becoming a TPM or PM in the technical world, expect to get your hands dirty working on projects, but don’t expect to be taught any formal frameworks or best practices. What is covered is stand-up meetings and the use of Kanban boards. On a high note, the completion of this bootcamp, in combination with my past work experience and PM Certification, has made me a competitive applicant and I have received a strong response from potential employers since completing the program.

I rated overall experience as a 4 because I expected to get more formal training from the PM perspective. I rated curriculum as a 4 because I feel it was too ambitious for a true beginner. The pre-work will not adequately prepare you for the pace and content of the course if you do not have previous experience. The instructors were fabulous with real-world experience in most cases. The job assistance (career coach) is marvelous and walks through your application materials and the application process in detail. If you sign up for the program, don’t wait to start this process; start talking to your coach early so that by the time you graduate, you can hit the ground running.

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      We appreciate you sharing your experience, Claire! It's great to hear you benefited from our entire team's assistance and are receiving positive responses in your job search.

Like you noted, this program will require a significant amount of time to truly understand and master the material. As such, we provide students with 30 hours of pre-work, and completely agree that beginners should familiarize themselves with some essential concepts before delving in; prior to classes beginning, we strive to emphasize and communicate the importance of this. We are always looking to optimize our offerings, so we appreciate your feedback.

Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we wish you all the best moving forward!
    • Craig Simmons  User Photo
      Craig Simmons • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I'm currently attending the UW Full-Stack Bootcamp program (spring/summer 2019).

The program is only halfway complete, but I've been really impressed by the quality of teaching, its curriculum, and the general structure of the course.  The program packs a lot of learning into a very short timeframe, but the instructors and TAs are always available to help and they're genuinely interested in their students' success.

The class requires a very serious time commitment, but by the end of the program, you’ll not only have a solid understanding of the MERN stack but significant hands-on experience (both individually and part of a team) as well.

I’m a definite fan of the program and can’t recommend it enough for those who want to start a new career or update and strengthen their skills.

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      Thanks so much, Craig! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the program and are finding our instructional team to be supportive. Great advice for prospective students—you will have to commit extensive time to master the topics covered, but it will be rewarding. Congratulations on reaching the midway point of the boot camp, we commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on towards graduation!
    • Mario Rodriguez  User Photo
      Mario Rodriguez • Senior Business Systems Analyst @Hines • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Computer Science teaches you the fundamentals, but not coding.  I signed up for the UW Coding Boot Camp to help me get started in coding and help build up my skills further, and I was not disappointed.  The program is challenging, demanding, but fulfilling; you get out what you put in.  If you are looking for a program to push you and challenge you, this is the program for you.  But, you won’t be alone in this journey, the support you receive from the instructional and support staff is amazing.  Aaron, Jen, Arjun, Alex and Maddie are phenomenal and have your best interest in mind.  10/10 would do it again.

Tuesday, Jun 11 2019
      Amazing, Mario! Like you mentioned, you get out what you put into the course, so we applaud all your hard work. It's great to hear you benefited from our team's ongoing support and also have to agree that Aaron, Jen, Arjun, Alex, and Maddie are phenomenal. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! We wish you continued success in all that you do.