uc-davis-boot-camps-logo

UC Davis Boot Camps

Sacramento

UC Davis Boot Camps

UC Davis Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time web development, data analytics, UX/UI, and cybersecurity courses, and an 18-week digital marketing course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UC Davis Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Notice of Completion from the UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, UX/UI, or digital marketing, or a skill set applicable to certifications in cybersecurity.

UC Davis Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UC Davis Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (37) reviews for UC Davis Boot Camps →

Recent UC Davis Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    UC Davis Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    UC Davis Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, Git, MongoDB, MySQL, React.js, JavaScript, HTML, Node.js, jQuery
    LocationSacramento
    UC Davis Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • UX/UI - Part-Time

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Design, CSS
    LocationSacramento
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
    Payment plans available

• $500 UC Davis Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UC Davis Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Sacramento)
  • Digital Marketing!
    - 12/7/2020
    Ellen DeYoung • Graduate
    WOW! This boot camp has given me so much knowledge and experience I could have never gotten on my own. I worked as a marketing coordinator prior to this boot camp, and had I known even 5% of what I learned in this course, I could have done so so much more at my job. We covered everything from branding, to building websites to learning google analytics and ads for all the major social media channels. If you are on the bubble of taking this course, I strongly urge you to sign up! You will NOT be disappointed.
    Thursday, Dec 10 2020
    We appreciate your review, Ellen! We're thrilled to hear you had a positive boot camp experience and enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your recommendation! All the best moving forward.
  • Oleksandra Lytvak • Graduate
    it was an amazing experience! The course work was great and support was over expectations! Totally worth every penny and im exited to see what future holds for me! Our instructor Olivia was such a wonderful teacher and mentor, so much resources and knowledges!
    Wednesday, Sep 16 2020
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Oleksandra! We're thrilled to hear the program exceeded your expectations and that you benefited from the support of our instructional team—we also agree that Olivia is pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!
  • Michael Growney • IT Analyst/Project Manager • Graduate
    The program covers the very basics of each domain of Cybersecurity and provides enough information to help a student find direction to continue their education.  Much of the course covers the basics of the CompTIA Security+ and a very basic introduction to the Certified Ethical Hacker certification.  If a student does not have IT experience prior to starting the course they will only leave the course with an entry-level knowledge base for an IT job.  An experienced IT professional will learn what they need to direct and focus on advancing their career to open the doors into Cybersecurity.

As an experienced IT Professional, I did find this education has some value. I learn what I needed to learn and I was provided professional guidance by the instructor and the assistant, Having the UC Davis name does help move the resume up to the top of the pile.

Thursday, Jun 11 2020
    Thank you, Michael! We're happy to hear you found the program to be valuable and benefited from the support of our instructional team. Like you mentioned, it’s our goal to provide a comprehensive skills-based educational experience to all of our students, including both beginners and experienced individuals. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success moving forward!
  • Em Beutler • Graduate

I had an amazing experience attending Bootcamp over the past 6 months.  Additionally the staff both support and instructional really made a difference.

Thursday, Dec 05 2019
    Way to go, Em! We're thrilled you enjoyed your boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review!
  • Kyle Davis • Data Analyst • Graduate

The course curriculum was very well prepared, and the instructors were fantastic (Sufyan in particular really knew his stuff - and you could tell).  Everything culminating into big data and machine learning was very helpful, as it really pulled all of the ideas learned throughout together.

I come from an economics and stats background, and have been working in the financial services industry for the past 6.5 years, and this bootcamp prepared me for a full career change in its 6 short months.  I am now a Data Analyst with a non-profit organization in Sacramento, and couldn't have done it without the bootcamp.

I would recommend coming in with a little programming knowledge, as it could be easy to fall behind early if you don't already have at least a small understanding of the basics.  They do a good job of easing you into concepts, though, and if you have enough time to work through it and utilize office hours, you'll be fine.

All-in-all, I would definitely recommend this bootcamp to anyone interested.

Friday, Aug 23 2019
    Amazing, Kyle! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. We're thrilled you chose our program to make a successful career transition and landed an exciting new role. Great advice for aspiring students—utilizing office hours and all other available resources will assist you in mastering the course material. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
  • Good choice
    - 2/20/2019
    Ben • Web Developer • Graduate

I took the Bootcamp from January to July of 2018. It was the first time it was being done at UC Davis. The course is run by Trilogy.

I learned a ton during the course and refer back to what I learned often. My interactions with staff were positive.

I knew going into the course that I wanted to be a Web Developer. It’s not the cheapest option to do a Bootcamp, but I liked the structured format and the chance to get—and give—help.

After graduating, I had to do a lot of leg work and hustle to get my first job. But now I’m happily on the right path. Going through the course gave me the motivation to leave my old career and go into development full-time.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    We appreciate your review, Ben! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and enjoyed the structured format. Congratulations on graduating and working hard to embark on your new career path! We wish you continued success in all your future endeavors.
  • Best Decision
    - 3/7/2022
    I am proudly saying that UC Davis Boot Camp is one of the best decisions I made to choose for my career path. I had enrolled for six months Full Stack Flex course without knowing it in detail. I jumped into it because the study was online, and classes were scheduled for the evening and weekend. After I enrolled in this program, I started dreaming of my career path in technology and worked hard. It was very frustrating initially, but slowly, I made a golden step each and every time and successfully graduated with lots of hope to invest myself for the next level. I experienced class projects and engaging group discussions. TAs and professors were outstanding. The career service department continuously helped me have my resume, portfolio, and personal brand statement employer-ready. Finally, after two months from graduation, I got a job offer from one of the best multinational tech company.

Thursday, Mar 10 2022
    Way to go! We're thrilled you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on as you embark on an exciting new role and wish you all the best.
  • Anonymous • Network Engineer • Graduate
    This is a fantastic course with the goal of getting you a job in cybersecurity/InfoSec. You will learn defense tools, attack tools, hacking, networking, Linux, Azure Cloud, and much more. My instructor was Branden and he has a wealth of industry knowledge. I highly recommend the course!
    Friday, Jun 11 2021
     Thanks so much! We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and found our instructional team to be knowledgeable—we couldn't agree more that Branden is pretty great. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all that you do!
    I really enjoyed the curriculum that was provided in the bootcamp. My instructor, Alex Kaufmann, was very knowledgeable and helpful when it came to answering questions and was very patient whenever I needed help on my projects and assignments. My TA's, Ryan Skog and Zac Warner, were extremely reliable and helpful. Overall, I would recommend taking this bootcamp to my friends and family!
    Friday, Jun 11 2021
    Amazing! We're thrilled to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team—we couldn't agree more that Alex, Ryan, and Zac are all pretty fantastic. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we appreciate your review and recommendation! All the best in your coding endeavors.
  • Data analysis
    - 9/29/2020
    Great experience learning and Instructor and TA’s are the best in regards to help through this course , last but not least SSM (Marie) Is very helpful through out this course and as she said you will learn this much stuff during this Bootcamp,  exactly they cover everything.  One more thing if you need additional help they do provide 50 mins tutoring so that is very helpful when you need additional help for the projects or assignments.
    Highly recommend this Bootcamp if you need to polish your skills.
    Wednesday, Sep 30 2020
    Thank you! We're glad to hear you had a positive learning experience and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. We also have to agree that Marie is pretty fantastic. Great advice for prospective students—taking advantage of the available tutoring will help you stay ahead. We appreciate your recommendation and wish you continued success in all that you do!

I started this boot camp with no experience in coding at all. I knew what coding was and understood the amount of work it would take to learn it, of course. This time I was ready to take it seriously. I feel I learned A LOT from this boot camp, but at times it did feel as though the instructors were catering to the audience of students who were more advanced in coding. I feel I will take the knowledge I have now, and continue with self-taught material. The best thing I got from this boot camp is realizing what parts of web development I am interested in most. I have learned how to find, research, and learn new coding languages on my own, which I never would've figured out on my own. I would recommend if you have no experience, then definitely give this boot camp some thought and research other boot camps to make sure this is the best fit for you. One MAJOR benefit for me was the fact that I didn't have to quit my full-time job during this boot camp and the location was very convenient for me.

Tuesday, Aug 27 2019
    We appreciate your review! We're thrilled you benefited from the part-time schedule and program location. We know this is a challenging program and it takes hard work to balance the curriculum, so we are happy to hear that you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and now feel confident delving into additional languages and frameworks.

It's our goal to provide a comprehensive learning experience for all of our learners, ranging from those with prior experience to beginners. We take all student feedback seriously, so we appreciate your input. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all that you do!

This is a great course to train and connect people to the web development world in Sacramento. I took this bootcamp as a student hoping to learn some coding before graduating college. I never thought I would be interested enough to consider a career in web development but after taking this course I would love a career in this field.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Amazing, thank you for your review! We're thrilled our program opened a new career opportunity for you. We commend all your hard work thus far and wish you all the best as you move forward.