uc-davis-boot-camps-logo

UC Davis Boot Camps

Sacramento

UC Davis Boot Camps

UC Davis Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time web development, data analytics, UX/UI, and cybersecurity courses, and an 18-week digital marketing course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UC Davis Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Notice of Completion from the UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, UX/UI, or digital marketing, or a skill set applicable to certifications in cybersecurity.

UC Davis Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UC Davis Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (37) reviews for UC Davis Boot Camps →

Recent UC Davis Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    UC Davis Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    UC Davis Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, Git, MongoDB, MySQL, React.js, JavaScript, HTML, Node.js, jQuery
    LocationSacramento
    UC Davis Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • UX/UI - Part-Time

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Design, CSS
    LocationSacramento
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
    Payment plans available

• $500 UC Davis Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UC Davis Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Sacramento)
  • Coding Boot Camp
    - 6/21/2020
    Mark  User Photo
    Mark • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started the program as a 32yo working professional that wanted to make a transition from the business analyst career path into something coding related, and did the program while working full-time. It was challenging to do the program alongside a full-time career, but most of the people in the program did the same thing so it is doable. Just know that to really excel in the program, you need to dedicate most of your available time in the day to homework and study.

Overall I am very happy with my experience at the UC Davis Coding Boot camp. Prior to doing the boot camp, I just had a basic foundation of experience working with HTML, nothing else, and now I feel confident to at least get an entry level career in coding. More importantly, I feel like I've learned how to learn (if that makes sense) virtually anything code related, with just a little time and experience, that would enable me to get a career in anything from ui design to app development to game development. My cohort was very friendly, supportive, and mature, and the program lecturers and TAs were very helpful.
    Tuesday, Jun 23 2020
    Way to go, Mark! We're thrilled that the Coding Boot Camp equipped you with the skills you needed for a smooth job transition. Like you mentioned, the course is rigorous, and we commend you for your dedication to the program while working full-time. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you the best moving forward!
  • Satisfied overall
    - 11/27/2019
    Connor Breault  User Photo
    Connor Breault • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just finished the program and overall I am content.  Although I do feel like there is a lot I still need to learn, the cirriculum gave us a solid foundation for only being 6 months long.  The professors and TA's were cool and knowledgeable, and the career services has been helpful in developing my professional materials.  Overall Id recommend the program, although the admission price is a bit high

Sunday, Dec 01 2019
    Thank you for sharing your student experience, Connor! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
  • Roman Senin  User Photo
    Roman Senin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I was a Computer Science student at UC Davis seeking further hands-on experience in order to increase my job prospects. This bootcamp met and surpassed my expectations. The amount of valuable experience gained learning and working with people I became close with was something I'll always appreciate. The homework wasn't as hard as full-time university work but challening enough to get you to think about and remember the concepts taught in lecture. This program isn't designed to weed out weak competition but rather to build up and encourage the next generation of talent, which is quite commendable. For anyone deciding, this bootcamp will definitely provide you with the necessary tools to be a developer in the industry.

Tuesday, Aug 27 2019
    Amazing, Roman! We're glad you chose our program to further your existing programming skills and gain real-world experience. We strive to foster a collaborative environment for our students, so we're thrilled you made close connections with your classmates. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we truly appreciate your feedback! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Justin Raithel  User Photo
    Justin Raithel • Operations Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

While I had some previous coding experience, this bootcamp filled in a lot of gaps in my learning.  The course is a great foundation but is challenging enough week to week where you build some beautiful apps by the end.  I highly recommend the course.  Our instructors were experienced and engaged and the TAs were available almost 24/7.

Tuesday, Aug 27 2019
    Way to go, Justin! We're happy to hear you felt challenged and felt constantly supported by our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Stephanie Galindo  User Photo
    Stephanie Galindo • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Going to the University of California, Davis Boot Camp was the best decision I ever took to enhance my career. I loved working with my classmate on amazing projects due to the skills that I learned from this class. Every week was a challenge but the instructors and teacher assistant teach us in a way efficiently and would give us great resources. We even had the option for tutoring so the Bootcamp never make you feel that you are stuck and constantly make sure. That not only are we doing our work but actually learn each software languages. The instructors also gave us real-world tips in working in the web development industry, how to prepare for a job interview, and what is happening in the tech world. We also had job assistance where they offer a web seminar on how to clean your resume, getting ready for a job interview, and so much more. I keep encouraging friends and student that if they want to gain more skill and experience in web development to join this boot camp.

Tuesday, Apr 30 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Stephanie! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and found the support of our entire team to be beneficial. Teamwork is a key aspect of our program, so it's great to know that you benefited from collaborating with your classmates on various projects. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your future endeavors!
  • Steve Hoang  User Photo
    Steve Hoang • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I really enjoyed being a part of the UC Davis Coding Bootcamp.  The instructors were very helpful and kept the topics interesting.  What i really liked about the cirruculum was that it kept you interested.  The assignments weren't boring and the lectures made you want to learn more.  I really appreciate the experience of meeting new people and seeing how far all the students gotten. I would definitely reccommend this to anyone who is interested in a coding career.

Monday, Apr 01 2019
    Thanks for your review, Steve, and congratulations on graduating! We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and interaction with your classmates, and that you were challenged by the assignments given throughout the course. We're cheering you on as you move forward in your career.
  • Ryan Lafazan  User Photo
    Ryan Lafazan • Full-Stack Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My instructor, Nelly, was extremely enthusiastic and supportive of myself and every member of our cohort. The TAs were always helpful and consistent in their efforts to help make sure students understood lessons during and after each session. The material covered was dense, but manageable with consistent effort. What you put in is what you get out here. Every aspect of the bootcamp is geared towards your success and to prepare you for real-world work as a full-stack software engineer. I went from pretty much zero applicable programming experience to a full-time mid-level software position less than three months post-program graduation. I highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone interested in becoming a developer without years of schooling.

Sunday, Jan 20 2019
    Amazing, Ryan! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your student experience and felt supported by our instructional team — we also agree that Nelly is great. You're completely right that what you put in to the program is what you will get out, so we commend all your hard work. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We are rooting you on as you move forward in your new role.
  • Digital marketing
    - 6/24/2021
    Bushra Imdad • Student
    I’m a computer engineer. I always had a deep interest in digital marketing & how to promote websites. I wanted to become a digital marketer as I knew my degree is gonna help me in technical stuff. I had experience in digital marketing but this course helped me a lot to clear my concept especially in SEO and google analytics. I'm so glad I took this course it literally boosted my confidence. The best part is homework and assignments. They played a huge role to clear concepts. it was all worth it.
    Tuesday, Jun 29 2021
    Amazing, Bushra! Thank you for choosing our program to further your skills in digital marketing. We're glad that the curriculum aligned with your professional goals and that you're enjoying the coursework and assignments. Keep up the great work, we can't wait for you to successfully complete the program!
  • Calvin R. • Applicant
    The instructor has consistent difficulties with teaching technical/technology-based curriculum to the class. The haphazard instructor demonstrations make it very difficult to stay engaged. I don't believe I am obtaining sufficient training/instruction in the sections that require technical acumen. The group activities are confusing and it seems like the instructor isn't able to provide clarity or context to them. Therefore, the activities feel like a waste of time and/or unhelpful in putting the day's lesson to into practice. I would frequently leave class feeling as though the entire 3 hour class period wasn't a great use of my time. I truly believe my time is being wasted and I could be doing other things. I am not pleased with the quality of instruction nor the curriculum.

I am not getting what i expected/paid for. you guys should really look into rotating instructors based on the unit topics. If an instructor isn't equipped to teach a certain subject for a certain week, swap them out with a more qualified instructor. That way the quality of instruction doesn't decline nor have inconsistencies. there have been several weeks during this boot camp where i felt as though the instructor (and TA) weren't qualified to teach the subject matter. The presentation of the slides [by the instructor] is just reading the text off of the slide. I can do that myself. In my opinion, the point of going to class is to receive insight, context and guidance about the topic at hand. That hasn't been the case on several occasions. Digital marketing incorporates technology with traditional marketing and if the instructors you choose to teach the course aren't able to teach the technology aspect of the course then you need to find new instructors or not charge so much money for a lack-luster course/experience. I am disappointed with the product trilogy/2u has presented & produced.
    I could've withdrawn 7k from the bank and set it on fire and I would've gotten more satisfaction and usefulness than this boot camp provided during the 18 weeks.
    Utter disappointment. Never again.
    Thursday, Jun 10 2021
    Thank you for your feedback. From your review, we understand that your boot camp experience was not what you were hoping for.

Our program has an intensive, multi-part vetting process for instructors, requiring a minimum of three years' experience as an active practitioner in the tech industry—however, we understand that not all teaching styles resonate with all students. All classes are recorded for quality assurance, monitoring instructor performance and class engagement in order to provide feedback to help instructors further develop their teaching skills.

As this is a boot camp, we recognize the course material is fast-paced and challenging while covering a wide range of topics. As an accelerated learning environment, it is important that we foster a community of students where everyone can contribute to each other's success and growth. We encourage individuals to collaborate and directly contribute to the course during class, projects, and study groups. Our team works hard to ensure every individual feels supported throughout every step of the way, however, we are constantly improving our responsiveness to ensure learners are being heard and assisted, so we appreciate you sharing this insight.

We sincerely care about all our learners and would welcome the opportunity to further discuss how else we can support you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (530) 237-0991.
  • Leland Smith • Cyber Security Analyst • Graduate
    I recently completed the UC Davis Cyber Security Boot Camp. It was awesome. I thought I was just going to be preparing to take a certification exam but it was so much more than that. We were prepared for real-world hands-on work from the first day to the last.
    The instructor was fantastic. Sean Harris took the time to go into detail and answer questions even after the class was done for the night, The teaching assistances were equally awesome.  We could have made it without Drew, Terrance, and Josiah. The Virtual lab environments allowed us to simulate real-world problems and solutions. Using industry-standard software. I was able to get a position in Cyber Security by the end of the class. I feel really confident. The support from the student services team was stellar. Mare Bland was instrumental in keeping all of us motivated and on track to complete the course. There were tutors available to those who needed them. Overall the Boot Camp was outstanding.
    Thursday, Apr 01 2021
    Way to go, Leland! We're thrilled you enjoyed working on real-world projects and benefited from the support of our entire team—we couldn't agree more that Sean, Drew, Terrance, Josiah, and Mare are all pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We appreciate your review and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Jessica Tax • Graduate
    This is an amazing course that can take you from zero knowledge to programming complete websites applying the most utilized and current technologies available. You will learn HTML, CSS, and a ton of javascript. You'll also learn how to create databases for your websites. Whether you have some background in computer science and web development, or you have never coded before, you will leave this course with everything you need to create beautiful, interactive web applications.

The best part of this experience is the instructional team. The instructor and the TAs have experience in the industry and will equip you with the skills you need to be a great web developer. Our cohort was fortunate enough to have Treighton, Quinn, Roman, and Chris, who were extremely supportive and made the experience fun and enjoyable (even though coding can be utterly frustrating at times).

You can't go wrong with this course. I highly recommend it!
    Thursday, Apr 01 2021
     Thank you, Jessica! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and found it to be comprehensive. We strive to enable student success throughout every step of the learning process, so we're thrilled this resonated with you and couldn't agree more that Treighton, Quinn, Roman, and Chris are all pretty fantastic. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and best of luck moving forward!
  • Alice Washington • Associate • Applicant
    The UC Davis Digital Marketing Boot Camp was a challenge, but the instructor was great with helping novices learn about Digital Marketing. I applied my learning in the homework assignments. The software demonstrations were helpful. I am now able to engage in digital marketing at work. My employer is so grateful and I feel like he has found the Holy Grail.
    Monday, Mar 15 2021
    We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Alice! It's great to hear you enjoyed the program and benefited not only from our instructional support but from the course material. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all that you do!