uc-davis-boot-camps-logo

UC Davis Boot Camps

Sacramento

UC Davis Boot Camps

UC Davis Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time web development, data analytics, digital marketing, cybersecurity courses, and an 18-week, part-time digital marketing course offered in Sacramento, California. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and Java.

The data analytics curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML5/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, Machine Learning, Git/GitHub, and more.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The cybersecurity curriculum provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UC Davis Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Notice of Completion from the UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, or digital marketing, or a skill set applicable to certifications in cybersecurity.

UC Davis Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UC Davis Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (21) reviews for UC Davis Boot Camps →

Recent UC Davis Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    - At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    UC Davis Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSacramento
    UC Davis Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.

• $500 UC Davis Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UC Davis Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Sacramento)
  • Nathan Ashbaugh   User Photo
    Nathan Ashbaugh • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     I was stuck in a career rut and was having trouble getting a job. I had tried many different classes but none of them seemed to spark my interest. I had even looked at getting my Masters but none of those options provided a good curriculum and a dedicated team to help get you hired. This Bootcamp offered a solution to my current situation, it would train me in data visualization and help me get a job after it was completed. My favorite part of the bootcamp was how personal the teacher, teacher assistant, and tutors are with the students. Whenever I asked for help the staff was there right away ready to help and always helped me find the solution. My advice for the class is to ask for help when you get stuck, it is important to reach out to the slack bot, your tutor, or teacher when you have issues. Don't sit on a problem for more than an hour, step away go for a walk then go look at it again. you can get stuck ramming your head against a wall, sometimes you just need to relax to find the answer.
    Thursday, Jan 07 2021
    Thank you, Nathan! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're thrilled you hear your favorite part of the boot camp was the support of our entire instructional team. We strive to enable student success, so we're happy this truly resonated with you. Great advice—asking for help when you need it and utilizing all of the available resources will definitely help you stay ahead. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
  • Cyber Secuirty
    - 12/18/2020
    Benjamin  User Photo
    Benjamin • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This Bootcamp gave me good exposure and hands-on experience with a large variety of topics within Cyber Security, helping me to know what things I do and do not want to do as a job.

While the topics we covered were varied they slowly built on ones we had covered in order to build up our skillset and prepare us for what was to come.

During the Bootcamp, I had weekly support from a tutor that was able to help when I had difficulty with a topic.

While the Bootcamp was taking place and even after it had ended I had access to and was given Career Support to help me get into what would be a new career field for me.

I am very glad I did this Bootcamp and would highly recommend that anyone interested in getting into cyber security especially if they were unsure of what exactly they wanted to do in the field of cyber security.
    Monday, Dec 21 2020
    Way to go, Benjamin! We're so glad that you enjoyed your boot camp experience and found the support provided to be beneficial. We pride ourselves on designing a curriculum that is rigorous yet approachable for learners of all levels, so we're glad that resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you the best on all you do moving forward.
  • Amanda Prieto  User Photo
    Amanda Prieto • Communications Coordinator • Verified via LinkedIn
    2020 hit us hard and I was on the fence about investing so much money in an online course--but I decided to sign up anyway. It turned out to be one of the best investments I have made. Trilogy has adapted this bootcamp into an online format nearly seamlessly. In fact, if COVID hadn't forced this to be an online course, I never would have been able to take it. Taking this course has been a silver lining of 2020 for me.

The course is laid out very intentionally and intuitively. Each week covers a new subject of digital marketing; beginning with a broad overview, then delving into different aspects (such as building a Wordpress site, SEO, building ads, using different ad platforms, and everything in between.)

My instructor, Mike Linville, was very knowledgable, organized, and helpful. TA Samer had a lot of constructive feedback on homework assignments. They were great to learn from and work with.

Each class includes a slide presentation with group break outs throughout. Despite being virtual, the groups worked really well through Zoom. We all shared documents in Google Drive, so I was able to save the presentations, handouts and cheat-sheets for future reference.

The homework assignments were very challenging and time consuming--and worth every minute. The two group projects were challenging as well, and they are products that I am extremely proud to have in my portfolio. The class is 10 hours, split into three sessions, per week. Additionally, I put in 10-15 hours of homework time weekly.

I highly recommend utilizing the Career Services that UCD offers through this program. Their expertise and helpfulness blew my mind, and is what converted my from a lead to a customer. Their support continues post-completion, including a career services advisor, demo days, and workshops.

About halfway through the course, I applied for a Design and Digital Marketing position. Unfortunately, I came in 2nd place. But I was astonished I even made it that far. This course nearly got my a marketing job while I was still a student! With one month left of the program I accepted a new position, and the Wordpress experience from this course is what set me apart and helped me land the job.

Before I invested in this course, I would look at job postings I wanted but didn't feel like I qualified. Applying for jobs made me anxious. But now, because of my experience combined with the knowledge I've gained from this certificate course, I feel confident in applying for various positions. I feel proud and accomplished. I am so thankful I invested in me and my future.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this course and would recommend it to anyone interested in marketing. Whether you have base knowledge or are a newbie, you will benefit from this course.

Thursday, Dec 10 2020
    Amazing, Amanda! It's great to hear you enjoyed the program and found it to be designed both intentionally and intuitively. Our entire team strives to be knowledgeable and supportive throughout the entire learning experience, so we're thrilled this resonated with you. We couldn't agree more that Mike and Samer are pretty fantastic.

Like you noted, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the virtual format.

Congratulations on graduating and starting an exciting new role! We commend all your hard work and appreciate your recommendation. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Vanessa  User Photo
    Vanessa • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose to pursue web development because I was looking for a career change from food service which could provide more opportunities for growth and a professional career. I have always dabbled in teaching myself new technologies and was curious about web development as a career. I looked into getting a second degree in Computer Science but was concerned with the time and cost of a second degree. I had a family friend who works for a major software company suggest a bootcamp, they looked over the UC Davis curriculum and gave it a thumbs up, which was how I chose to make the investment and enroll. Thus far I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with the UC Davis Bootcamp. It has been the right balance of being immensely challenging, paired with excellent support. My instructor is super knowledgeable and experienced, and is clear and helpful in presenting the curriculum. The TA's and my tutor are the lifeline and are all extremely helpful, enthusiastic, and encouraging which gets me through the tougher material. I feel like I am learning powerful tools and concepts that both prepare me for a career change as well as  propel my learning and interest in web development. My favorite aspect has been my own excitement when I launch an application after working hard and it works! My sense of joy satisfaction tells me I am in the right place. My number one advice for success is utilize the tutor from the start. My tutor is super smart and enthusiastically guides me towards finding my own solutions. The tutor is a great person to offer one-one assistance with homework and challenging concept review.
    Tuesday, Jul 14 2020
    Amazing, Vanessa! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying the support from our entire instructional team and are benefiting from the comprehensive curriculum. We definitely have to agree that one of the best parts of the learning journey is launching your own application and seeing it work in real-time. Great advice for prospective learners — utilizing the available resources, like tutoring, from the start does make a big difference. We commend all your hard work thus far and can't wait to help you finish out your studies!
  • Coding Boot Camp
    - 6/22/2020
    Mark  User Photo
    Mark • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started the program as a 32yo working professional that wanted to make a transition from the business analyst career path into something coding related, and did the program while working full-time. It was challenging to do the program alongside a full-time career, but most of the people in the program did the same thing so it is doable. Just know that to really excel in the program, you need to dedicate most of your available time in the day to homework and study.

Overall I am very happy with my experience at the UC Davis Coding Boot camp. Prior to doing the boot camp, I just had a basic foundation of experience working with HTML, nothing else, and now I feel confident to at least get an entry level career in coding. More importantly, I feel like I've learned how to learn (if that makes sense) virtually anything code related, with just a little time and experience, that would enable me to get a career in anything from ui design to app development to game development. My cohort was very friendly, supportive, and mature, and the program lecturers and TAs were very helpful.
    Tuesday, Jun 23 2020
    Way to go, Mark! We're thrilled that the Coding Boot Camp equipped you with the skills you needed for a smooth job transition. Like you mentioned, the course is rigorous, and we commend you for your dedication to the program while working full-time. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you the best moving forward!
  • Satisfied overall
    - 11/27/2019
    Connor Breault  User Photo
    Connor Breault • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just finished the program and overall I am content.  Although I do feel like there is a lot I still need to learn, the cirriculum gave us a solid foundation for only being 6 months long.  The professors and TA's were cool and knowledgeable, and the career services has been helpful in developing my professional materials.  Overall Id recommend the program, although the admission price is a bit high

Sunday, Dec 01 2019
    Thank you for sharing your student experience, Connor! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
  • Roman Senin  User Photo
    Roman Senin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I was a Computer Science student at UC Davis seeking further hands-on experience in order to increase my job prospects. This bootcamp met and surpassed my expectations. The amount of valuable experience gained learning and working with people I became close with was something I'll always appreciate. The homework wasn't as hard as full-time university work but challening enough to get you to think about and remember the concepts taught in lecture. This program isn't designed to weed out weak competition but rather to build up and encourage the next generation of talent, which is quite commendable. For anyone deciding, this bootcamp will definitely provide you with the necessary tools to be a developer in the industry.

Tuesday, Aug 27 2019
    Amazing, Roman! We're glad you chose our program to further your existing programming skills and gain real-world experience. We strive to foster a collaborative environment for our students, so we're thrilled you made close connections with your classmates. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we truly appreciate your feedback! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Justin Raithel  User Photo
    Justin Raithel • Operations Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

While I had some previous coding experience, this bootcamp filled in a lot of gaps in my learning.  The course is a great foundation but is challenging enough week to week where you build some beautiful apps by the end.  I highly recommend the course.  Our instructors were experienced and engaged and the TAs were available almost 24/7.

Tuesday, Aug 27 2019
    Way to go, Justin! We're happy to hear you felt challenged and felt constantly supported by our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Stephanie Galindo  User Photo
    Stephanie Galindo • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Going to the University of California, Davis Boot Camp was the best decision I ever took to enhance my career. I loved working with my classmate on amazing projects due to the skills that I learned from this class. Every week was a challenge but the instructors and teacher assistant teach us in a way efficiently and would give us great resources. We even had the option for tutoring so the Bootcamp never make you feel that you are stuck and constantly make sure. That not only are we doing our work but actually learn each software languages. The instructors also gave us real-world tips in working in the web development industry, how to prepare for a job interview, and what is happening in the tech world. We also had job assistance where they offer a web seminar on how to clean your resume, getting ready for a job interview, and so much more. I keep encouraging friends and student that if they want to gain more skill and experience in web development to join this boot camp.

Tuesday, Apr 30 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Stephanie! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and found the support of our entire team to be beneficial. Teamwork is a key aspect of our program, so it's great to know that you benefited from collaborating with your classmates on various projects. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your future endeavors!
  • Steve Hoang  User Photo
    Steve Hoang • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I really enjoyed being a part of the UC Davis Coding Bootcamp.  The instructors were very helpful and kept the topics interesting.  What i really liked about the cirruculum was that it kept you interested.  The assignments weren't boring and the lectures made you want to learn more.  I really appreciate the experience of meeting new people and seeing how far all the students gotten. I would definitely reccommend this to anyone who is interested in a coding career.

Monday, Apr 01 2019
    Thanks for your review, Steve, and congratulations on graduating! We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and interaction with your classmates, and that you were challenged by the assignments given throughout the course. We're cheering you on as you move forward in your career.
  • Ryan Lafazan  User Photo
    Ryan Lafazan • Full-Stack Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My instructor, Nelly, was extremely enthusiastic and supportive of myself and every member of our cohort. The TAs were always helpful and consistent in their efforts to help make sure students understood lessons during and after each session. The material covered was dense, but manageable with consistent effort. What you put in is what you get out here. Every aspect of the bootcamp is geared towards your success and to prepare you for real-world work as a full-stack software engineer. I went from pretty much zero applicable programming experience to a full-time mid-level software position less than three months post-program graduation. I highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone interested in becoming a developer without years of schooling.

Sunday, Jan 20 2019
    Amazing, Ryan! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your student experience and felt supported by our instructional team — we also agree that Nelly is great. You're completely right that what you put in to the program is what you will get out, so we commend all your hard work. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We are rooting you on as you move forward in your new role.
  • Digital Marketing!
    - 12/8/2020
    Ellen DeYoung • Graduate
    WOW! This boot camp has given me so much knowledge and experience I could have never gotten on my own. I worked as a marketing coordinator prior to this boot camp, and had I known even 5% of what I learned in this course, I could have done so so much more at my job. We covered everything from branding, to building websites to learning google analytics and ads for all the major social media channels. If you are on the bubble of taking this course, I strongly urge you to sign up! You will NOT be disappointed.
    Thursday, Dec 10 2020
    We appreciate your review, Ellen! We're thrilled to hear you had a positive boot camp experience and enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your recommendation! All the best moving forward.