uc-davis-boot-camps-logo

UC Davis Boot Camps

UC Davis Boot Camps

UC Davis Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time web development, data analytics and cybersecurity courses offered in Sacramento, California. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and Java. The data analytics curriculum includes Advanced Excel, Python, JavaScript (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML5/CSS, API Interactions, Social Media Mining, SQL, Tableau, Advanced Statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git/GitHub, and more. The cybersecurity curriculum provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UC Davis Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and recruiting advice. Graduates will receive a certificate of completion from the UC Davis Division of Continuing and Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data analytics, or a skill set applicable to certifications in cybersecurity.

UC Davis Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services.

Recent UC Davis Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (10) reviews for UC Davis Boot Camps →

Recent UC Davis Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

Sacramento
    - At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

Sacramento
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Wordpress, SEO
    Sacramento
    UC Davis Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Customer Relationship Management software (CRMs), MailChimp, HTML/CSS, and more.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    Sacramento
    UC Davis Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.

• $500 UC Davis Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UC Davis Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Sacramento)

• Roman Senin  User Photo
    Roman Senin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I was a Computer Science student at UC Davis seeking further hands-on experience in order to increase my job prospects. This bootcamp met and surpassed my expectations. The amount of valuable experience gained learning and working with people I became close with was something I'll always appreciate. The homework wasn't as hard as full-time university work but challening enough to get you to think about and remember the concepts taught in lecture. This program isn't designed to weed out weak competition but rather to build up and encourage the next generation of talent, which is quite commendable. For anyone deciding, this bootcamp will definitely provide you with the necessary tools to be a developer in the industry.

Tuesday, Aug 27 2019
    Amazing, Roman! We're glad you chose our program to further your existing programming skills and gain real-world experience. We strive to foster a collaborative environment for our students, so we're thrilled you made close connections with your classmates. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we truly appreciate your feedback! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Justin Raithel  User Photo
    Justin Raithel • Operations Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

While I had some previous coding experience, this bootcamp filled in a lot of gaps in my learning.  The course is a great foundation but is challenging enough week to week where you build some beautiful apps by the end.  I highly recommend the course.  Our instructors were experienced and engaged and the TAs were available almost 24/7.

Tuesday, Aug 27 2019
    Way to go, Justin! We're happy to hear you felt challenged and felt constantly supported by our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Stephanie Galindo  User Photo
    Stephanie Galindo • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Going to the University of California, Davis Boot Camp was the best decision I ever took to enhance my career. I loved working with my classmate on amazing projects due to the skills that I learned from this class. Every week was a challenge but the instructors and teacher assistant teach us in a way efficiently and would give us great resources. We even had the option for tutoring so the Bootcamp never make you feel that you are stuck and constantly make sure. That not only are we doing our work but actually learn each software languages. The instructors also gave us real-world tips in working in the web development industry, how to prepare for a job interview, and what is happening in the tech world. We also had job assistance where they offer a web seminar on how to clean your resume, getting ready for a job interview, and so much more. I keep encouraging friends and student that if they want to gain more skill and experience in web development to join this boot camp.

Tuesday, Apr 30 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Stephanie! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and found the support of our entire team to be beneficial. Teamwork is a key aspect of our program, so it's great to know that you benefited from collaborating with your classmates on various projects. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your future endeavors!
  • Steve Hoang  User Photo
    Steve Hoang • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I really enjoyed being a part of the UC Davis Coding Bootcamp.  The instructors were very helpful and kept the topics interesting.  What i really liked about the cirruculum was that it kept you interested.  The assignments weren't boring and the lectures made you want to learn more.  I really appreciate the experience of meeting new people and seeing how far all the students gotten. I would definitely reccommend this to anyone who is interested in a coding career.

Monday, Apr 01 2019
    Thanks for your review, Steve, and congratulations on graduating! We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and interaction with your classmates, and that you were challenged by the assignments given throughout the course. We're cheering you on as you move forward in your career.
  • Ryan Lafazan  User Photo
    Ryan Lafazan • Full-Stack Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My instructor, Nelly, was extremely enthusiastic and supportive of myself and every member of our cohort. The TAs were always helpful and consistent in their efforts to help make sure students understood lessons during and after each session. The material covered was dense, but manageable with consistent effort. What you put in is what you get out here. Every aspect of the bootcamp is geared towards your success and to prepare you for real-world work as a full-stack software engineer. I went from pretty much zero applicable programming experience to a full-time mid-level software position less than three months post-program graduation. I highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone interested in becoming a developer without years of schooling.

Sunday, Jan 20 2019
    Amazing, Ryan! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your student experience and felt supported by our instructional team — we also agree that Nelly is great. You're completely right that what you put in to the program is what you will get out, so we commend all your hard work. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We are rooting you on as you move forward in your new role.
  • Kyle Davis • Data Analyst • Graduate

The course curriculum was very well prepared, and the instructors were fantastic (Sufyan in particular really knew his stuff - and you could tell).  Everything culminating into big data and machine learning was very helpful, as it really pulled all of the ideas learned throughout together.

I come from an economics and stats background, and have been working in the financial services industry for the past 6.5 years, and this bootcamp prepared me for a full career change in its 6 short months.  I am now a Data Analyst with a non-profit organization in Sacramento, and couldn't have done it without the bootcamp.

I would recommend coming in with a little programming knowledge, as it could be easy to fall behind early if you don't already have at least a small understanding of the basics.  They do a good job of easing you into concepts, though, and if you have enough time to work through it and utilize office hours, you'll be fine.

All-in-all, I would definitely recommend this bootcamp to anyone interested.

Friday, Aug 23 2019
    Amazing, Kyle! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. We're thrilled you chose our program to make a successful career transition and landed an exciting new role. Great advice for aspiring students—utilizing office hours and all other available resources will assist you in mastering the course material. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
  • Good choice
    - 2/20/2019
    Ben • Web Developer • Graduate

I took the Bootcamp from January to July of 2018. It was the first time it was being done at UC Davis. The course is run by Trilogy.

I learned a ton during the course and refer back to what I learned often. My interactions with staff were positive.

I knew going into the course that I wanted to be a Web Developer. It’s not the cheapest option to do a Bootcamp, but I liked the structured format and the chance to get—and give—help.

After graduating, I had to do a lot of leg work and hustle to get my first job. But now I’m happily on the right path. Going through the course gave me the motivation to leave my old career and go into development full-time.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    We appreciate your review, Ben! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and enjoyed the structured format. Congratulations on graduating and working hard to embark on your new career path! We wish you continued success in all your future endeavors.

I started this boot camp with no experience in coding at all. I knew what coding was and understood the amount of work it would take to learn it, of course. This time I was ready to take it seriously. I feel I learned A LOT from this boot camp, but at times it did feel as though the instructors were catering to the audience of students who were more advanced in coding. I feel I will take the knowledge I have now, and continue with self-taught material. The best thing I got from this boot camp is realizing what parts of web development I am interested in most. I have learned how to find, research, and learn new coding languages on my own, which I never would've figured out on my own. I would recommend if you have no experience, then definitely give this boot camp some thought and research other boot camps to make sure this is the best fit for you. One MAJOR benefit for me was the fact that I didn't have to quit my full-time job during this boot camp and the location was very convenient for me.

Tuesday, Aug 27 2019
    We appreciate your review! We're thrilled you benefited from the part-time schedule and program location. We know this is a challenging program and it takes hard work to balance the curriculum, so we are happy to hear that you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and now feel confident delving into additional languages and frameworks.

It's our goal to provide a comprehensive learning experience for all of our learners, ranging from those with prior experience to beginners. We take all student feedback seriously, so we appreciate your input. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all that you do!

This is a great course to train and connect people to the web development world in Sacramento. I took this bootcamp as a student hoping to learn some coding before graduating college. I never thought I would be interested enough to consider a career in web development but after taking this course I would love a career in this field.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Amazing, thank you for your review! We're thrilled our program opened a new career opportunity for you. We commend all your hard work thus far and wish you all the best as you move forward.
  • Anonymous • Project Manager/Web Designer • Graduate

The coding bootcamp was by far the most challenging thing I've ever done in my life. It took dedication, focus and constant work. It was definitely a test of my abilities and I doubted myself a lot, but I had an incredible teacher who was also my mentor, tutor and quickly became a close friend. The TAs were there for me when I needed help, classmates were great and now I have a job that I love in a field with so much potential to grow. I'd definitely reccomend a bootcamp for someone ready to start fresh on a new career path.

Thursday, Jan 17 2019
    Thank you for your review, Anonymous! We're thrilled you were continually supported by your instructor, TAs, and classmates. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role in the field! We wish you all the success in your future endeavors.