uc-davis-boot-camps-logo

UC Davis Boot Camps

Sacramento

UC Davis Boot Camps

UC Davis Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time web development, data analytics, and cybersecurity courses, and an 18-week digital marketing course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UC Davis Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Notice of Completion from the UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, or digital marketing, or a skill set applicable to certifications in cybersecurity.

UC Davis Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UC Davis Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (32) reviews for UC Davis Boot Camps →

Recent UC Davis Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    UC Davis Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationSacramento
    UC Davis Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, Git, MongoDB, MySQL, React.js, JavaScript, HTML, Node.js, jQuery
    LocationSacramento
    UC Davis Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

• $500 UC Davis Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UC Davis Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Sacramento)
  • Daniel sonora  User Photo
    Daniel sonora • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    starting out coming into this program, i was scared/nervous because i come from a blue collar work field. The instructors, TA'S and students made this program not only fun but a-lot easier as if you were trying to self learn. Do not be discouraged there can be a-lot of information but just take it serious and study and you shouldn't have anything to worry about in the end!
    Tuesday, Jun 29 2021
    Way to go, Daniel! We're thrilled you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and couldn't agree more with your advice—don't be discouraged by the wide range of materials the program covers. Like you said, as long as you're serious and committed to your boot camp studies, you can succeed. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!
  • UC Davis Coding
    - 4/26/2021
    Ahmed Ali  User Photo
    Ahmed Ali • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Initially, I did not know what to expect going in to this boot camp. Programming was a new domain, as I had only dabbled in the past building static HTML and CSS. This camp opened my eyes to so much, and what started as a curious interest, rapidly grew in to a passion for coding. This rigorous program is 24 weeks and covers a great deal of material with an overall focus on the MERN full stack. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is interested in taking a coding boot camp!! From start to finish, the course is structured in an effective way, maximizing the material learned in the time allotted. You also get A LOT of support, and the staff make it as simple as possible to succeed.
    Friday, Apr 30 2021
    We appreciate your review, Ahmed! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to pursue your interest in web development. We're glad you enjoyed the program structure and benefited from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!
  • Seth Scott  User Photo
    Seth Scott • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came into this program knowing absolutely nothing about cybersecurity and with zero experience beforehand. At the beginning of the course, I was completely terrified and honestly did not think I would graduate. Today, I'm graduating from the course and am in pursuit of my security+ certification. This program has truly changed my life. If you're on the fence about whether or not to participate in this boot camp in the future, my advice to you would be to have faith and just jump! Do it!!
    Friday, Mar 19 2021
    Incredible, Seth! Like you noted, our course is designed for a range of students, from those with experience to novice beginners, like yourself. It's great to hear you had a positive boot camp experience and found it to be life-changing. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review and recommendation! We wish you continued success in all your cybersecurity endeavors.
  • Kyle A Carey  User Photo
    Kyle A Carey • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This program covers many of the topics needed to take and pass the CompTIA Security+. My experience with this class has been absolutely life changing. The instructional staff and Admin made this experience worth every penny.
    Friday, Mar 19 2021
    Amazing, Kyle! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Nathan Ashbaugh   User Photo
    Nathan Ashbaugh • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     I was stuck in a career rut and was having trouble getting a job. I had tried many different classes but none of them seemed to spark my interest. I had even looked at getting my Masters but none of those options provided a good curriculum and a dedicated team to help get you hired. This Bootcamp offered a solution to my current situation, it would train me in data visualization and help me get a job after it was completed. My favorite part of the bootcamp was how personal the teacher, teacher assistant, and tutors are with the students. Whenever I asked for help the staff was there right away ready to help and always helped me find the solution. My advice for the class is to ask for help when you get stuck, it is important to reach out to the slack bot, your tutor, or teacher when you have issues. Don't sit on a problem for more than an hour, step away go for a walk then go look at it again. you can get stuck ramming your head against a wall, sometimes you just need to relax to find the answer.
    Thursday, Jan 07 2021
    Thank you, Nathan! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're thrilled you hear your favorite part of the boot camp was the support of our entire instructional team. We strive to enable student success, so we're happy this truly resonated with you. Great advice—asking for help when you need it and utilizing all of the available resources will definitely help you stay ahead. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
  • Cyber Secuirty
    - 12/18/2020
    Benjamin  User Photo
    Benjamin • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This Bootcamp gave me good exposure and hands-on experience with a large variety of topics within Cyber Security, helping me to know what things I do and do not want to do as a job.

While the topics we covered were varied they slowly built on ones we had covered in order to build up our skillset and prepare us for what was to come.

During the Bootcamp, I had weekly support from a tutor that was able to help when I had difficulty with a topic.

While the Bootcamp was taking place and even after it had ended I had access to and was given Career Support to help me get into what would be a new career field for me.

I am very glad I did this Bootcamp and would highly recommend that anyone interested in getting into cyber security especially if they were unsure of what exactly they wanted to do in the field of cyber security.
    Monday, Dec 21 2020
    Way to go, Benjamin! We're so glad that you enjoyed your boot camp experience and found the support provided to be beneficial. We pride ourselves on designing a curriculum that is rigorous yet approachable for learners of all levels, so we're glad that resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you the best on all you do moving forward.
  • Amanda Prieto  User Photo
    Amanda Prieto • Communications Coordinator • Verified via LinkedIn
    2020 hit us hard and I was on the fence about investing so much money in an online course--but I decided to sign up anyway. It turned out to be one of the best investments I have made. Trilogy has adapted this bootcamp into an online format nearly seamlessly. In fact, if COVID hadn't forced this to be an online course, I never would have been able to take it. Taking this course has been a silver lining of 2020 for me.

The course is laid out very intentionally and intuitively. Each week covers a new subject of digital marketing; beginning with a broad overview, then delving into different aspects (such as building a Wordpress site, SEO, building ads, using different ad platforms, and everything in between.)

My instructor, Mike Linville, was very knowledgable, organized, and helpful. TA Samer had a lot of constructive feedback on homework assignments. They were great to learn from and work with.

Each class includes a slide presentation with group break outs throughout. Despite being virtual, the groups worked really well through Zoom. We all shared documents in Google Drive, so I was able to save the presentations, handouts and cheat-sheets for future reference.

The homework assignments were very challenging and time consuming--and worth every minute. The two group projects were challenging as well, and they are products that I am extremely proud to have in my portfolio. The class is 10 hours, split into three sessions, per week. Additionally, I put in 10-15 hours of homework time weekly.

I highly recommend utilizing the Career Services that UCD offers through this program. Their expertise and helpfulness blew my mind, and is what converted my from a lead to a customer. Their support continues post-completion, including a career services advisor, demo days, and workshops.

About halfway through the course, I applied for a Design and Digital Marketing position. Unfortunately, I came in 2nd place. But I was astonished I even made it that far. This course nearly got my a marketing job while I was still a student! With one month left of the program I accepted a new position, and the Wordpress experience from this course is what set me apart and helped me land the job.

Before I invested in this course, I would look at job postings I wanted but didn't feel like I qualified. Applying for jobs made me anxious. But now, because of my experience combined with the knowledge I've gained from this certificate course, I feel confident in applying for various positions. I feel proud and accomplished. I am so thankful I invested in me and my future.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this course and would recommend it to anyone interested in marketing. Whether you have base knowledge or are a newbie, you will benefit from this course.

Thursday, Dec 10 2020
    Amazing, Amanda! It's great to hear you enjoyed the program and found it to be designed both intentionally and intuitively. Our entire team strives to be knowledgeable and supportive throughout the entire learning experience, so we're thrilled this resonated with you. We couldn't agree more that Mike and Samer are pretty fantastic.

Like you noted, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the virtual format.

Congratulations on graduating and starting an exciting new role! We commend all your hard work and appreciate your recommendation. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Vanessa  User Photo
    Vanessa • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose to pursue web development because I was looking for a career change from food service which could provide more opportunities for growth and a professional career. I have always dabbled in teaching myself new technologies and was curious about web development as a career. I looked into getting a second degree in Computer Science but was concerned with the time and cost of a second degree. I had a family friend who works for a major software company suggest a bootcamp, they looked over the UC Davis curriculum and gave it a thumbs up, which was how I chose to make the investment and enroll. Thus far I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with the UC Davis Bootcamp. It has been the right balance of being immensely challenging, paired with excellent support. My instructor is super knowledgeable and experienced, and is clear and helpful in presenting the curriculum. The TA's and my tutor are the lifeline and are all extremely helpful, enthusiastic, and encouraging which gets me through the tougher material. I feel like I am learning powerful tools and concepts that both prepare me for a career change as well as  propel my learning and interest in web development. My favorite aspect has been my own excitement when I launch an application after working hard and it works! My sense of joy satisfaction tells me I am in the right place. My number one advice for success is utilize the tutor from the start. My tutor is super smart and enthusiastically guides me towards finding my own solutions. The tutor is a great person to offer one-one assistance with homework and challenging concept review.
    Tuesday, Jul 14 2020
    Amazing, Vanessa! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying the support from our entire instructional team and are benefiting from the comprehensive curriculum. We definitely have to agree that one of the best parts of the learning journey is launching your own application and seeing it work in real-time. Great advice for prospective learners — utilizing the available resources, like tutoring, from the start does make a big difference. We commend all your hard work thus far and can't wait to help you finish out your studies!
  • Coding Boot Camp
    - 6/21/2020
    Mark  User Photo
    Mark • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started the program as a 32yo working professional that wanted to make a transition from the business analyst career path into something coding related, and did the program while working full-time. It was challenging to do the program alongside a full-time career, but most of the people in the program did the same thing so it is doable. Just know that to really excel in the program, you need to dedicate most of your available time in the day to homework and study.

Overall I am very happy with my experience at the UC Davis Coding Boot camp. Prior to doing the boot camp, I just had a basic foundation of experience working with HTML, nothing else, and now I feel confident to at least get an entry level career in coding. More importantly, I feel like I've learned how to learn (if that makes sense) virtually anything code related, with just a little time and experience, that would enable me to get a career in anything from ui design to app development to game development. My cohort was very friendly, supportive, and mature, and the program lecturers and TAs were very helpful.
    Tuesday, Jun 23 2020
    Way to go, Mark! We're thrilled that the Coding Boot Camp equipped you with the skills you needed for a smooth job transition. Like you mentioned, the course is rigorous, and we commend you for your dedication to the program while working full-time. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you the best moving forward!
  • Satisfied overall
    - 11/27/2019
    Connor Breault  User Photo
    Connor Breault • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just finished the program and overall I am content.  Although I do feel like there is a lot I still need to learn, the cirriculum gave us a solid foundation for only being 6 months long.  The professors and TA's were cool and knowledgeable, and the career services has been helpful in developing my professional materials.  Overall Id recommend the program, although the admission price is a bit high

Sunday, Dec 01 2019
    Thank you for sharing your student experience, Connor! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
  • Roman Senin  User Photo
    Roman Senin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I was a Computer Science student at UC Davis seeking further hands-on experience in order to increase my job prospects. This bootcamp met and surpassed my expectations. The amount of valuable experience gained learning and working with people I became close with was something I'll always appreciate. The homework wasn't as hard as full-time university work but challening enough to get you to think about and remember the concepts taught in lecture. This program isn't designed to weed out weak competition but rather to build up and encourage the next generation of talent, which is quite commendable. For anyone deciding, this bootcamp will definitely provide you with the necessary tools to be a developer in the industry.

Tuesday, Aug 27 2019
    Amazing, Roman! We're glad you chose our program to further your existing programming skills and gain real-world experience. We strive to foster a collaborative environment for our students, so we're thrilled you made close connections with your classmates. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we truly appreciate your feedback! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Justin Raithel  User Photo
    Justin Raithel • Operations Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

While I had some previous coding experience, this bootcamp filled in a lot of gaps in my learning.  The course is a great foundation but is challenging enough week to week where you build some beautiful apps by the end.  I highly recommend the course.  Our instructors were experienced and engaged and the TAs were available almost 24/7.

Tuesday, Aug 27 2019
    Way to go, Justin! We're happy to hear you felt challenged and felt constantly supported by our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best in your future endeavors.