think-academy-logo

Think Academy

New York City, Online

Think Academy

Think Academy is an online and in-person NYC-based full stack coding bootcamp designed to turn students into full-time professional web developers, through one-on-one expert mentorship, and group pairing sessions. Students will work 20-40 hours per week depending on their schedule as the curriculum averages about 3 months to complete– students decide how fast they want to learn at their own pace.

The program covers full stack .NET, C#, JavaScript, APIs, HTML, CSS, JQuery, Ajax, SQL, MVC and Entity Framework. Students will learn through building real world web applications/websites, APIs, and database-driven apps. The curriculum is taught in a collaborative environment with an emphasis on best practices.Students will have access to their Instructor all week via slack and engage in pair programming through one-on-one mentorship sessions.

Job assistance is an important part of the program so that students can get interview prep and resume critiques from Think Academy experienced mentors helping to land students dream jobs. The school accepts students based on work ethic and culture match and interested students should submit the application form online.

Recent Think Academy Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (6) reviews for Think Academy →

Recent Think Academy News

• Front End Web Developer - Online

AngularJS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, User Experience Design, CSS, Front End
      In PersonPart Time4 Hours/week
      Rolling Start Date
      Learn to become a Front End Web Developer Online. You will be covering OOP JavaScript, APIs, HTML, CSS, JQuery, Ajax, Angular.
      Skills Fund, Affirm, Pave, and Upstart.
      Discount for first cohort
      Interview
    • Full Stack .NET MVC

HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, CSS
      New York City
      A 16-week full-time full stack coding bootcamp covering full stack .NET, C#, JavaScript, APIs, HTML, CSS, JQuery, Ajax, SQL, MVC and Entity Framework.
      Discount for first cohort
      Interview

• Sakin Alam • Student

I enrolled in Think Academy because of their positive image online in reviews and otherwise.  Prior to this, I spoke with with other bootcamps that gave me this sales pitch and it just didn’t feel right with Think Academy it was more  human.

After searching and months of research I decided I wanted to talk to someone at think academy. Me and Richard had been talking through emails about the program for some time now. So I finally agreed to setup an Skype one on one. We talked about what the curriculum and he even gave me a little HTML training just to see if I would like the way he teaches. I’ve been here now for almost 4 months learning c#/.net and I've learned a lot. The only con I had was that richard was the only teacher even though he was great. I would of liked to see more teachers maybe wth different views. I’m just starting to look for work but haven’t found anything yet. I will keep everyone posted after I get a job.

• Ryan Bates • Student

I just finished up with Think Academy in NYC at the beginning of this journey I was very new to coding itself. I am a true beginner. I was between a learning online or at NYC brooklyn campus and did a lot of research to see what would be best for me. The cost, length of course and if I had enough time in my day to dedicate 3 months to learning to code. Richard was our professor he is a superb mentor and teacher.  He has been doing c# dev for a considerable amount of time, so I knew I was getting a professional.

I will say this, the course work is hard but very much worth it. As much as I struggled I thrived and was constantly motivated by Rich and other classmates. You will struggle, you will doubt yourself and you will wonder if you will get better but you will get better and better if you really want to. I put in a lot of time after school. What I learned about development after getting a job is that if you don't like to constantly learn new things then this field is not for you. Because as a developer you are expected to learn new things everyday in and out of the job.

• 2 Months in
      - 11/14/2016
      Jacob Williams • Student

I have been a student at Think Academy for about 2 months, most of that time was spent studying and coding part-time. In that time, I have gone from knowing nothing about code, to experimenting coding whole apps, and Richard has started getting me in contact with recruiters regularly. So far its been great learning experience really appreciate my group of fellow students.

• David Terrence • Graduate

I did the .net course and Rich is extremely helpful. I'm not a coding genius so he helped me through a lot of the problems. If i had trouble, I would stay after class and ask him questions. I was so discouraged because I couldn't get anything on the first try but he kept pushing me to do better and I graduated and in the final stages for about 5 interviews with companies!

Thanks Rich!!

- 10/31/2016
      Maria Angelo • Graduate

My experience has been great. The class was located in Brooklyn, Dumbo district which was nice but my commute was not good from where I live. I didn't have a lot of experience coding before I started so I Richard sent me Some HTML and CSS courses he had written as a pre req before starting. It's been a month since I graduated and I just got a junior job. Richard connected me with some previous recruiters in NYC that he has used before and they where OK but sometimes I felt like I would never get a job. What helped me was to keep learning and pushing even after graduation. Richard told me that interviewing is a learning experience. Every time I go to an interview I have to take notes then go home and learn. Every interview I just kept getting better and better. It was hard but that technique did work because after like a million interviews I finaly landed something. I loved the fact that we got a lot of 1 on 1 but I think that might of been because the class was so small only 3 students. it could of been because the school is still pretty new. Richard said the next class he is having will have more students. All in all it was a pretty cool learning experience.

• The most helpful
      - 10/19/2016
      Joshua Yi • Student

The Front end developer course is very helpful. I am an entry level developer looking to make a career change into coding and have been looking into bootcamps and online courses to get started. Think Academy has a clear and concise outline of all the topics that they teach. Beginners like myself would have an easy time learning if they put in the effort. I've tried and started many other online courses but Think Academy keeps you into the material and keeps it interesting. I've already recommended this school to many of my other friends who are already interested in applying. Richard is my instructor and he goes over the material and makes sure we really understand the topics that we are covering. He is always available and very patient when it comes to learning new things and questions that I may have.

Overall, I've had nothing but a positive experience with Think Academy.

Think Academy has an acceptance rate of 94%, of which 100% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Think Academy, 88% graduate. 92% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $45,000.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

We are very proud to announce our 6 month numbers! In 2016 we graduated 14 students (Jan-Aug). From speaking to our students, they all seem to be doing good. some have received jobs others wanted to learn to build there own startup. Some  are freelancing.

Towards the end of our program, we switch from programming to job getting skills, where we teach you how to interview, and how to solve code challenges. We also connect you with recruiters if you are from NYC.