the-university-of-adelaide-coding-boot-camp-logo

The University of Adelaide Coding Boot Camp

The University of Adelaide Coding Boot Camp

The University of Adelaide Boot Camps offer part-time web development and cybersecurity courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git. The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. The University of Adelaide Coding Boot Camp is designed for students and professionals or those who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to learn a new skill.

Participants will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Adelaide and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.

The University of Adelaide Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent The University of Adelaide Coding Boot Camp Reviews: Rating 3.67

all (3) reviews for The University of Adelaide Coding Boot Camp →

Recent The University of Adelaide Coding Boot Camp News

• Coding

CSS, Express.js, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js
    • Cybersecurity - Part-Time

The University of Adelaide Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
      Payment plans available
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Jake Colledge  User Photo
      Jake Colledge • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      The Beginning

Before I started Adelaide University's Coding Boot-camp, I was a professional hairstylist for 8 years. I enjoyed the Job, but disliked the work environment, and realized there was a ceiling on this career both monetarily and in opportunities. During my third lock down (due to Covid-19) I decided I should pursue something I enjoy and have a passion for. I knew that University wasn't for me, as each course included subjects I thought were unnecessary or not in my interest, and it would have to give up working hours which financially I couldn't do. I then saw a an Ad for the Boot-camp. This piqued my interest.

The Decision

I clicked the Ad and this was the beginning of a new pathway for me. I sent my information off and quickly received a call from a representative whom told me about the course and answered my questions. 4 things stood out to me. The course was 6 months long, which was a lot less intimidating than a full 4 year Uni degree. The classes were held in the evening after work, which meant I wouldn't have to give up any work hours. The course was online. Due to the spicy cough, classes were held online, which meant I didn't have to travel to the city to attend. Finally the course was affordable. I was given multiple payment options in which to choose from, to fit my situation. All of this helped me make the decision. I knew that if I signed up, I would be locking myself in to 6 months of intense work and study. I wanted to maintain working full time, 38 hour weeks, however the boot-camp recommended at least 20 hours of personal study every week. This meant I would be working all day, attending the boot-camp at night, and studying in any free time I had spare. Now even though I would be trading my time for the course, it was an easy decision. I had a passion for development and wanted to see it through.

The Course

Starting the course I was excited and nervous, but they made the induction process smooth. I received a checklist of things to do before the course began to get myself ready. This included setting up my machine and installing the needed applications, and signing up for the necessary websites. This was all very easy and straight forward. The first day we met our Instructor and our TA, both of whom were excited to meet everyone and very welcoming. From then we started into the topics and participated in activities, working along side our class mates. Every week we ended with an assignment that used all the information from the topic we had just studied, so the information was fresh in our minds, and easy to go back to if we needed a refresher. Some project assignments were done in groups so we could get a taste of what it's like in a team-based, real world environment. As the weeks went on, stress levels went up and down as I struggled with topics I wasn't as confident on, or powered through assignments, the end drew near.

The Dream

About six weeks before the end of the course. I received a phone call. It was from a hiring manager offering me a Developer position! I was blown away and ecstatic. My dream was slowly fading into reality. I interviewed and 4 weeks later was at the desk of my new job. 1 week after that, I graduated the boot-camp ready to explore my new doors and opportunities as they show themselves.

The End

If you are thinking of joining a boot camp because you are thinking it's short and easy. Then this isn't for you. If you are looking at this course because you are passionate but don't think the full University experience is for you, this is a good supplement. You still have to apply and study, and it can be hard working a full time job, and studying almost just as much but if you have the drive it is possible, and you might even start a new career from it.
      Friday, Feb 25 2022
      We appreciate you sharing your student experience, Jake! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're thrilled you enjoyed the program every step of the way and benefited from working on real-world projects. Like you mentioned, this is a rigorous course but as long as you're willing to work hard and are committed to your studies, you can succeed. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We're confident you will excel in all that you do with your new skillset.
    • Graduate
      - 11/17/2021
      Anthony Deamer  User Photo
      Anthony Deamer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This course was a very intense 6 months but I must say I have enjoyed it thoroughly! As someone who had no experience with coding. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to try something new and don't want to lock themselves into a long course. The support that is given is huge which is very useful and the everyone in the support team make this journey far easier.
      Friday, Nov 19 2021
      Thank you, Anthony! Our program is designed to cater to both experienced professionals and beginners like yourself, so we appreciate your recommendation. We're glad to hear you benefited from the support of our entire team of trainers. Congratulations on graduating! We wish you all the best in your future coding endeavors.
    • Not good
      - 4/9/2022
      Vikrant • Graduate
      Overall experience is not good. Once course is finished they don't even reply to your emails. Poor customer service. Don't get admission in this and don't waste your money.
      Saturday, Apr 16 2022
      Thank you for your feedback, Vikrant. The student experience is our top priority, and we regret to hear your program experience did not live up to your expectations.

Our team works hard to ensure every individual feels supported at every step of their learning journey, even past boot camp completion. However, we are constantly working to optimize our processes to ensure every learner is being heard and assisted.

We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn how else we can assist you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us at +61 8 7130 3878.