strive-school-logo

Strive School

Strive School

Strive School in Berlin, Germany offers a 24-week, online Full Stack JavaScript Developer bootcamp. Strive School requires a full-time commitment from bootcamp students. The bootcamp curriculum focuses on the MERN stack, and covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, Bootstrap, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, and Git. Students will also learn Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and soft skills, such as team work, pair programming, and peer learning. All bootcamp students have access to daily live lessons, tutoring, and code review.

No prior coding experience is required, but most Strive School students have a degree in Computer Science, a STEM field, or previous tech experience. All bootcamp students receive job interview coaching and job placement.

Strive School tuition is based on an Income Share Agreement model. Students pay no tuition upfront. Instead, they will pay 12% of their gross salary for 36 months after they are hired and upon bootcamp completion.

Recent Strive School Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (34) reviews for Strive School →

Recent Strive School News

• AI Engineering and Data Science Program

Start Date September 20, 2021
      The AI Engineer Bootcamp is a 6 months program and covers Python, Machine Learning, and Neural Networks. Students in the Bootcamp spend the morning in a lecture with experienced teachers, and the afternoons testing out what they learned. This is made is for students who want to be data scientists or AI engineers, who, by the end of the course, will complete a real-world project to show what they have learned. Students will also learn Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and soft skills, such as teamwork, pair programming, and peer learning. All Bootcamp students have access to daily live lessons, tutoring, and code review. Bootcamp students receive job interview coaching and job placement support.
      Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement (ISA) available.
      Minimum Skill LevelStudents should have a basic understanding of Python, Mathematics, and Statistics.
      September 20, 2021 - Online Apply by July 09, 2021
    • Coding Week - HTML, CSS, Javascript

JavaScript, HTML, CSS
      OnlineFull Time
      A Free, One-Week Bootcamp to Learn the Basics of Web Engineering. Build a high-fidelity clone of Spotify - guided LIVE by an expert instructor. Ask questions if you get stuck and learn together with your classmates. Mon, Wed, Fri Lectures, live coding (7.00pm - 9.00pm Berlin Time) Tue, Thu, W.E. Homework, projects, and team activities (self-paced)
      Minimum Skill LevelThe course starts from zero, no particular background is needed.
    • Frontend Development

Start Date September 13, 2021
      The 15 week coding bootcamp designed to take you from the basics of web development to advanced ReactJS to employed as a developer.
      Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement (ISA) available.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior coding experience is required, but most Stive School students have a degree in Computer Science, a STEM field, or previous tech experience.
      September 13, 2021 - Online Apply by September 03, 2021
    • Full Stack Development Program (MERN)

Start Date September 13, 2021
      The Bootcamp curriculum focuses on the MERN stack, and covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, Bootstrap, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, and Git. Students will also learn Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and soft skills, such as teamwork, pair programming, and peer learning. All Bootcamp students have access to daily live lessons, tutoring, and code review. Bootcamp students receive job interview coaching and job placement.
      September 13, 2021 - Online Apply by September 03, 2021
    • Ervins Zagars  User Photo
      Ervins Zagars • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I joined Strive school's 6 month MERN stack course with no prior experience in programming.

The course completely exceeded my expectations - the level of support provided by tutors and fellow classmates was exceptional.

All of the teachers are amazing and bring a unique set of skills to the table. What I enjoyed the most was that Strive does not only teach coding, but also put major emphases on harnessing soft skills, learning how to work in a team and how to brand/present yourself - all the things needed to be able to actually get a job and work in a professional environment.

After recently getting hired I can say from my experience that teaching methodologies used in Strive School work 100%. Getting paid for a skill you knew nothing about 6 months ago is kind of unbelievable, but that's how good they are at preparing software developers.

Not to sound too dramatic, but joining Strive School has been on of the best decisions I've ever made :)
    • UBEYT DEMİR  User Photo
      UBEYT DEMİR • Fullstack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      When I came across Strive school,

I was already a stem (science, technology, engineering, and math) student as a software engineer student.

However, I was also deeply aware of the problem of not catching up with the industry in schools. Because as a software engineer student, I was following the companies and the technologies they used.

In this sense, schools train software developers that are insufficient for the industry, both as a technical stack and as a practical skill. And they are expensive.

That is why the industry makes its own training programs or trains employees first with low wages even after student's graduation after all the money spent.

Strive solves this problem, by standing at the student side!

That being the case, when I saw the Strive School student announcement, I never thought about it twice and  I joined it.

Because you don't pay until you're hired! A very convincing offer.

At the end of 6 months of intensive training, I can say that I joined Strive as a student, but already became a part of the family.

They have warm, understanding teachers and administrators, and I am grateful to all of them and also for everything that they taught to me.

Thanks Strive!
    • Nathalie  User Photo
      Nathalie • Communication and Information Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn
      I must say that I entered Strive School with high expectations since all the tutors have strong solid backgrounds. Now that my batch has finished, it is safe to say that Strive School exceeded my expectations. The curriculum focuses on MERN stack, javascript, HTML, CSS, and bootstrap but also touches other subjects like PostgresSQL and cloud computing. It is well-organized as it balances the equation of theory and practice. Tutors are proficient with their topics, and they assist students until ideas are clear. The whole team is the student's number one supporter until the last minute. So, you can be sure that you will finish with a clean and solid understanding of the mentioned skills.

A good tutor is the one that inspires, and this is where Strive School stands out. They teach you that choosing to be a developer means constant learning and searching, so they train the student on those skills. They focus on the student's confidence and ability to communicate by having the chance to ask questions during live lessons & one on ones and doing teamwork along with pair programming.

I highly recommend this school as it has the best team and values.
    • My experience
      - 9/8/2020
      Jakub  User Photo
      Jakub • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      My overall experience was great at Strive. I've been not a beginner as coming from computer science studies but was a challenge. I improved my knowledge about the MERN stack and I gained many new skills. The teaching was great and always get support and good insights for any issue I could have. I learned to see the problems and to solve them from different points of view and thanks to that becoming a better coder.
      From day 1 my mind was fulfilled with new information and have to admit some times I had to sweat to process everything but was worth the effort and I could not regret having learned so much. I strongly recommend taking Strive for anyone who wants to become a coder and want to give an effort to enter the IT world from the right side. Is not easy but with the right mindset and Strive one would be able to succeed and gain the right skills for the right programmer job.
    • Strive to Strive :)
      - 12/12/2020
      Rushita Devi • Full stack developer • Student
       I would recommend strive to everyone even to full time moms who want to become web developers :)

With strive you not only learn how to code but also learn how to gain confidence, how to work in a team.

These people are the BEST, they help you in each and every step. Every day was new and energetic for me and excited too. I enjoyed there not as a student but as a family.

• Tetiana Yaremko • Full stack web developer • Graduate
      I was on the track of a career-change from being an English teacher to becoming a web developer when I entered Strive. As a sophomore of Computer Science  I can tell that joining Strive was the best decision I've made. For seven months  at Strive I've learned and coded many times more than for two years at university. I entered with little knowledge of web  and came out as a full stack web developer.
      It's an intense program which requires dedication and focus. It's not a secret that coding is hard and stressful. But at Strive daily solo or team assignments with hands-on projects  right after morning live coding lectures get you so involved that challenge and stress turns into passion.
      Now when I graduated from Strive I feel like i can learn anything when it comes to coding. Not only the tutors teach you how to code,  the best practices, most popular  frameworks and web technologies but they teach you how to learn coding yourself. They are there to assist you long hours and just one call away.
      Another huge thing about Strive is that you pay only after you get hired! And a great deal of time is dedicated to job hunting and your personal brand which they  approach the same meticulous way as teaching you to code. They put a lot of efforts into forming you as a successful full-stack developer.  I recommend Strive school to anyone who strives to become a web developer!

• Oksana • frontend developer • Graduate
      If you have no tech background and you think it's not within your power to become a full-stack developer? Strive school will dispel your doubts. I entered this holy place:) with no tech background and now have a decent understanding of frontend and backend stack technologies. Moreover, I can create cool web applications and share my skills and knowledge with others. Strive school is a brilliant opportunity to change your life! And I assure you that every student can succeed with the help of awesome tutors in Strive. They are amazing! 24/7 support and readiness to explain anything till you understand what you intend to.
    • Valerio • Software Developer • Student
      When you finish high school you have several alternatives. University , work , professionalizing training courses .  The university option is too long and did not give me what I wanted. The job option did not satisfy me as I did not have the skills to get hired. The training course option I could not choose it because I had no money to pay for the courses. I was very lucky to meet the guys from Strive School through an advertisement on instagram. I had been studying programming for some time and was looking for something that would suit me. What does Strive School offer? An advanced training course suitable for everyone, many hours of practice, Team Work and much more. Yes, but how much does it all cost? Free until you get hired! And that's the main point. In my opinion, Strive can be considered the new university. Fast / Practical and professionalizing . I am very happy with the choice made.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
    • Jeff • Full-stack developer • Graduate
      Before joining Strive, the only thing I could do was copy and plug WYSIWYG applications, and didn't understand what is behind the functionalities. Learning with Strive was quite an excruciating and intense experience. Imagine staying up from 8 - 6 pm every day for several months learning new technologies and simulating real-life applications?!  It was so intense and rewarding that now I am employed, it feels like a repetition of my days with Strive.  The tutors are always ready to help you out and support you at fullest. Regardless of my masters in Business, I am gainfully employed as a Full-stack developer courtesy of Strive.
    • MERN stack
      - 9/7/2020
      FayJu • Full Stack Developer
      My Journey

I’m a bit of an introvert… at least that’s the excuse I use when I don’t want to be around a lot of buzz. One trait of being an introvert is that inside your comfort zone you like things a bit structured and organized. This is probably the reason why I choose Engineering over any other field.

But choose what you may, success only comes if you put in the time and effort needed to pull something spectacular. And that’s exactly what was demanded of me by Strive, particularly Tobi and Diego. One is highly skilled in coding and one is highly passionate to see you succeed – a very lethal combo.

At Strive, you strive to become a better version of yourself by pushing your limits every hour of every day. Strive has a very simple mantra: repetition. If you fail, you repeat and practice. If you succeed, you repeat and teach as part of a group; cause nothing works like a charm to teach a learned skill to your colleague.

Strive offered me an opportunity to switch career towards Full Stack Development. And finally I enjoy what I do every day.