strive-school-logo

Strive School

Berlin, Online

Strive School

Strive School in Berlin, Germany offers a 24-week, online Full Stack JavaScript Developer bootcamp. Strive School requires a full-time commitment from bootcamp students. The bootcamp curriculum focuses on the MERN stack, and covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, Bootstrap, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, and Git. Students will also learn Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and soft skills, such as team work, pair programming, and peer learning. All bootcamp students have access to daily live lessons, tutoring, and code review.

No prior coding experience is required, but most Stive School students have a degree in Computer Science, a STEM field, or previous tech experience. All bootcamp students receive job interview coaching and job placement.

Strive School tuition is based on an Income Share Agreement model. Students pay no tuition upfront. Instead, they will pay 10% of their gross salary for 48 months after they are hired and upon bootcamp completion.

Recent Strive School Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (16) reviews for Strive School →

Recent Strive School News

• Full Stack JavaScript Developer

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Scrum, Agile
      OnlineFull Time24 Weeks
      The bootcamp curriculum focuses on the MERN stack, and covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, Bootstrap, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, and Git. Students will also learn Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and soft skills, such as team work, pair programming, and peer learning. All bootcamp students have access to daily live lessons, tutoring, and code review. Bootcamp students receive job interview coaching and job placement.
      DepositPay nothing up front with the Income Share Agreement.
      Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement (ISA) available.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior coding experience is required, but most Stive School students have a degree in Computer Science, a STEM field, or previous tech experience.
    • Valentino Megale  User Photo
      Valentino Megale • Tech entrepreneur • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
      Three weeks of full immersion into the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I started from zero and rapidly improved my skills in the design of simple web content, understanding the available tools, key methods, and challenges in the field. Tutors from Strive provided very immediate and actionable insights, open to discussion and support. Thanks to the Ignite Web Bootcamp I overcame the initial technical gap and I'm ready to get deeper and explore web development. Definitely suggested to approach the field for professional or personal goals.
    • Victoria  User Photo
      Victoria • Verified via LinkedIn

thanks to strive school in three weeks I learned a lot of things, teachers are competent and helpful, lessons well structured and homework as well as fun very useful !!

• Frontend developer
      - 2/23/2021
      Davide  User Photo
      Davide • Frontend Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This school changed my life in better, helping me in starting a new life as a web developer!
      As you can see I voted 5 stars in every category beacuse this is a 5 starts online school, from the ceo to the tutors everyone is here to help you out in your journey to become a web developer, like from zero to hero, helping you not only in your study but even in finding a job!
    • I started from 0
      - 2/22/2021
      Arbiona  User Photo
      Arbiona • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Yes, from 0!!!
      I am graduated in architecture and always have been intrigued by tech & programming, but I never got the chance to learn it.

As the whole world was under the lock-down, I took the chance and joined STRIVE in April 2020. When I started, I didn't know what VScode, Github, and React were. :) It sounds so funny saying because now, I  build full-stack applications from scratch (MERN Stack).

I know that out there, there are dozens of coding boot camps, but STRIVE is unique! It is not only an educational provider but also a cheerful community of young engineers, who help and support each other!
      The companionship we've built here is for life and that's rare! <3

Thank you STRIVE for making me go from 0 to Hero!
    • Klevin Bazaiti  User Photo
      Klevin Bazaiti • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      How I found Strive?

I was always searching for coding boot camps,  I came across a lot of them but on most of them, I had to pay an expensive price. At that moment I couldn't afford these courses.

While searching I found STRIVE website and while looking on their website I saw the stack that they were working on. The course was focused on MERN stack and we would start from the begging with all technologies inc HTML, CSS, JS, React, Express, Node, MongoDB, etc.
      And the most important part was that they were not asking for any payment in the beginning. All they were looking for was talented and hardworking people that had a dream to become full-stack developers.

With the amazing tutors that were so helpful during the whole course, I managed to bring my programming skill to another level.
      And this was just the beginning for me because with all those skills that I got during this boot camp I was able to land a job 1 month after I graduated. This is why I said on the title "Achieving my dream with STRIVE" because I did. I was able to land a job in the country that I wanted to live in and to be able to work on something that I enjoyed.
    • Erkin Sheraliev  User Photo
      Erkin Sheraliev • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Let me start with my Strive School experience.

Strive School was intensive for me even if I am a CS student because we were introduced to new concepts every day that we have to apply to each day's challenges. On top of that, I had to dedicate 8 hours daily and keep my university assignments.

But, why I kept going with Strive School even if it was challenging?

Beyond my passion or interest, I would say that Strive School does not let me down. They do not just teach you coding, but they customize and provide with magic pills (extra short and precise lessons on each concept). So, there was no way, I could have let it go.

Why it works 100%?

Let's do the math here, every day 8 hours of coding with theory included in a week for 6 months, every two weeks new module, and every month real project build week for a week. So, this is more than a school and simple but the best way to strive in IT.

Overall, now I am a full-stack JavaScript/TypeScript Developer with the help of Strive School Tutors and Community. And I believe that Strive School will continue to bring modern and high-quality education to the new generation.

Thank you for reading!
    • Ervins Zagars  User Photo
      Ervins Zagars • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I joined Strive school's 6 month MERN stack course with no prior experience in programming.

The course completely exceeded my expectations - the level of support provided by tutors and fellow classmates was exceptional.

All of the teachers are amazing and bring a unique set of skills to the table. What I enjoyed the most was that Strive does not only teach coding, but also put major emphases on harnessing soft skills, learning how to work in a team and how to brand/present yourself - all the things needed to be able to actually get a job and work in a professional environment.

After recently getting hired I can say from my experience that teaching methodologies used in Strive School work 100%. Getting paid for a skill you knew nothing about 6 months ago is kind of unbelievable, but that's how good they are at preparing software developers.

Not to sound too dramatic, but joining Strive School has been on of the best decisions I've ever made :)
    • UBEYT DEMİR  User Photo
      UBEYT DEMİR • Fullstack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      When I came across Strive school,

I was already a stem (science, technology, engineering, and math) student as a software engineer student.

However, I was also deeply aware of the problem of not catching up with the industry in schools. Because as a software engineer student, I was following the companies and the technologies they used.

In this sense, schools train software developers that are insufficient for the industry, both as a technical stack and as a practical skill. And they are expensive.

That is why the industry makes its own training programs or trains employees first with low wages even after student's graduation after all the money spent.

Strive solves this problem, by standing at the student side!

That being the case, when I saw the Strive School student announcement, I never thought about it twice and  I joined it.

Because you don't pay until you're hired! A very convincing offer.

At the end of 6 months of intensive training, I can say that I joined Strive as a student, but already became a part of the family.

They have warm, understanding teachers and administrators, and I am grateful to all of them and also for everything that they taught to me.

Thanks Strive!
    • Nathalie  User Photo
      Nathalie • Communication and Information Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn
      I must say that I entered Strive School with high expectations since all the tutors have strong solid backgrounds. Now that my batch has finished, it is safe to say that Strive School exceeded my expectations. The curriculum focuses on MERN stack, javascript, HTML, CSS, and bootstrap but also touches other subjects like PostgresSQL and cloud computing. It is well-organized as it balances the equation of theory and practice. Tutors are proficient with their topics, and they assist students until ideas are clear. The whole team is the student's number one supporter until the last minute. So, you can be sure that you will finish with a clean and solid understanding of the mentioned skills.

A good tutor is the one that inspires, and this is where Strive School stands out. They teach you that choosing to be a developer means constant learning and searching, so they train the student on those skills. They focus on the student's confidence and ability to communicate by having the chance to ask questions during live lessons & one on ones and doing teamwork along with pair programming.

I highly recommend this school as it has the best team and values.
    • My experience
      - 9/8/2020
      Jakub  User Photo
      Jakub • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      My overall experience was great at Strive. I've been not a beginner as coming from computer science studies but was a challenge. I improved my knowledge about the MERN stack and I gained many new skills. The teaching was great and always get support and good insights for any issue I could have. I learned to see the problems and to solve them from different points of view and thanks to that becoming a better coder.
      From day 1 my mind was fulfilled with new information and have to admit some times I had to sweat to process everything but was worth the effort and I could not regret having learned so much. I strongly recommend taking Strive for anyone who wants to become a coder and want to give an effort to enter the IT world from the right side. Is not easy but with the right mindset and Strive one would be able to succeed and gain the right skills for the right programmer job.
    • Strive to Strive :)
      - 12/12/2020
      Rushita Devi • Full stack developer • Student
       I would recommend strive to everyone even to full time moms who want to become web developers :)

With strive you not only learn how to code but also learn how to gain confidence, how to work in a team.

These people are the BEST, they help you in each and every step. Every day was new and energetic for me and excited too. I enjoyed there not as a student but as a family.

• Tetiana Yaremko • Full stack web developer • Graduate
      I was on the track of a career-change from being an English teacher to becoming a web developer when I entered Strive. As a sophomore of Computer Science  I can tell that joining Strive was the best decision I've made. For seven months  at Strive I've learned and coded many times more than for two years at university. I entered with little knowledge of web  and came out as a full stack web developer.
      It's an intense program which requires dedication and focus. It's not a secret that coding is hard and stressful. But at Strive daily solo or team assignments with hands-on projects  right after morning live coding lectures get you so involved that challenge and stress turns into passion.
      Now when I graduated from Strive I feel like i can learn anything when it comes to coding. Not only the tutors teach you how to code,  the best practices, most popular  frameworks and web technologies but they teach you how to learn coding yourself. They are there to assist you long hours and just one call away.
      Another huge thing about Strive is that you pay only after you get hired! And a great deal of time is dedicated to job hunting and your personal brand which they  approach the same meticulous way as teaching you to code. They put a lot of efforts into forming you as a successful full-stack developer.  I recommend Strive school to anyone who strives to become a web developer!