strive-school-logo

Strive School

Strive School

Strive School in Berlin, Germany offers a 24-week, online Full Stack JavaScript Developer bootcamp. Strive School requires a full-time commitment from bootcamp students. The bootcamp curriculum focuses on the MERN stack, and covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, Bootstrap, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, and Git. Students will also learn Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and soft skills, such as team work, pair programming, and peer learning. All bootcamp students have access to daily live lessons, tutoring, and code review.

No prior coding experience is required, but most Strive School students have a degree in Computer Science, a STEM field, or previous tech experience. All bootcamp students receive job interview coaching and job placement.

Strive School tuition is based on an Income Share Agreement model. Students pay no tuition upfront. Instead, they will pay 12% of their gross salary for 36 months after they are hired and upon bootcamp completion.

Recent Strive School Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (50) reviews for Strive School →

Recent Strive School News

• AI Engineering and Data Science Program

Start Date September 20, 2021
      The AI Engineer Bootcamp is a 6 months program and covers Python, Machine Learning, and Neural Networks. Students in the Bootcamp spend the morning in a lecture with experienced teachers, and the afternoons testing out what they learned. This is made is for students who want to be data scientists or AI engineers, who, by the end of the course, will complete a real-world project to show what they have learned. Students will also learn Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and soft skills, such as teamwork, pair programming, and peer learning. All Bootcamp students have access to daily live lessons, tutoring, and code review. Bootcamp students receive job interview coaching and job placement support.
      Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement (ISA) available.
      Minimum Skill LevelStudents should have a basic understanding of Python, Mathematics, and Statistics.
      September 20, 2021 - Online Apply by July 09, 2021
    • Coding Week - HTML, CSS, Javascript

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      OnlineFull Time
      A Free, One-Week Bootcamp to Learn the Basics of Web Engineering. Build a high-fidelity clone of Spotify - guided LIVE by an expert instructor. Ask questions if you get stuck and learn together with your classmates. Mon, Wed, Fri Lectures, live coding (7.00pm - 9.00pm Berlin Time) Tue, Thu, W.E. Homework, projects, and team activities (self-paced)
      Minimum Skill LevelThe course starts from zero, no particular background is needed.
    • Frontend Development

Start Date September 13, 2021
      The 15 week coding bootcamp designed to take you from the basics of web development to advanced ReactJS to employed as a developer.
      Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement (ISA) available.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior coding experience is required, but most Stive School students have a degree in Computer Science, a STEM field, or previous tech experience.
      September 13, 2021 - Online Apply by September 03, 2021
    • Full Stack Development Program (MERN)

The Bootcamp curriculum focuses on the MERN stack, and covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, Bootstrap, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, and Git. Students will also learn Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and soft skills, such as teamwork, pair programming, and peer learning. All Bootcamp students have access to daily live lessons, tutoring, and code review. Bootcamp students receive job interview coaching and job placement.
    • André Sousa  User Photo
      André Sousa • Fullstack web developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I did the Fullstack web development. From start to end my experience was amazing. Best teachers I ever had. Each one is specialized in one area and they know well what they’re doing. I can say I never been so focused in class as I did in Strive, the way the day is split with live lectures in the morning and homework in the afternoon makes it very engaging. I 100% recommend for who is starting. I just suggest you practice a bit of javascript, html and css before, not much, just have some notions.
      Apart from coding, the job hunting assistance from specialized coachs was crucial to me finding a job. Now I can say I’m very happy in my new beginning with this new job as a fullstack developer.
    • Hilary   User Photo
      Hilary • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Strive School is the best when we talk about BootCamps. It’s super-intensive, well-structured, organized and supportive in every aspect of their training. From zero knowledge to Professional level in an interval of six months, quite unbelievable but true because of their organized structure, professional teachers, great management team and capable tutors always read to help and assist. I would recommend Strive School to anyone who really wants to succeed and become proficient with his/her skills.
    • Lorenzo Giorgini  User Photo
      Lorenzo Giorgini • React Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Strive School has been one of the best choices I have made in my life, at first I was kinda skeptical that I would've been able to learn all that stuff in only 6 months, it's been sometimes hard, but the results were great, I started with a bit of coding knowledge, so I wasn't a complete beginner, but even if you're starting from 0 you can do it
    • Tarun sai  User Photo
      Tarun sai • Student Developer in Frontend Development • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      - Perfect curriculum
      - Mentors and Teachers were very patient and well supported

• Maksym Sharin  User Photo
      Maksym Sharin • Junior Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      After an internship and a little freelance internship i was struggling to find a company that could teach me
      the state of art technology for web development.

By luck I found strive school, the company that act as the missing piece in the chain of an
      IT industry that hardly need a vital supply of competent web developers.

Personally the experience done here is one of the most valuable asset of my resume, and i gonna explain why:

- The time and dedication spent here are all dedicated to your skill development,
         where in a company , ( when they train, and the company-tutor is competent ) is still a half effort and not always full of
         transferable skills.

- The curriculum, the structure and career section are tailored for being a fit for Europe market ,
         it's a the best way for reach remote positions in international teams.

- if you have some little experienced like me but not that much for cover real lead roles,
        you gonna have here the opportunity to start gaining Project-Management, Mentoring and leadership skills in a
        not-critical context, thing that is very rare to experience in a conventional context.

- this curriculum also lends itself adequately for a freelance activity in the case it's your desired goal

- Thanks to the strive's growing network of companies and reputation,
        you are likely to be hired in shorter times, with less interview steps and in respectable and compliant companies.
        More than career service the real asset long term gonna be your connections done here,
        expanding your opportunity-awareness and opportunity-hitting  surface areas.

- Thanks to the Income Share Agreement model,
         Strive gonna be always interested in making you successful and rightfully payed,
         your success is strive's income and reputation.
         Is to say also, that the terms are a "fair bet" and
         cover all the scenarios needed for qualify them as Positive agreements,
    • Abdugaffor Abdurakhimov  User Photo
      Abdugaffor Abdurakhimov • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Even I had previous experience in software development I learned so much in strive. At the end of the course, they also help to find a job and I think that's the most important thing.
      After graduating I find a great job in a month with the help of strive. Currently, I'm working as a frontend developer at inoviagroup.se
    • Azizbek Tokhirjonov  User Photo
      Azizbek Tokhirjonov • Software Developer at Capgemini • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I tried to learn to code for 2 years without success. I always used to start and give up. I lost my belief in myself to become a developer as I thought it was too difficult for me! Then came Strive School!! With their highly qualified instructors, and well-planned curriculum, I made the impossible possible for myself and I became a developer in 5months, even before I officially graduate.

I am super thankful to the all Strivers in the Strive School for being amazingly kind and supportive! You will not find there a traditional classroom but you find there a family and an active coding community with whom you can grow together!

I recommend Strive School to all the dreamers to make their dream of becoming a developer come true!

• Eriseld Kosta  User Photo
      Eriseld Kosta • Software developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Well I cannot express myself how grateful I am to Strive School. They was with me from the beginning to end, always ready and happy to assist me, and they gave me the opportunity to follow my dream... To become a full stack developer. I want to thank all the Strive team and I strongly follow and support you to never give up on what you're doing and to help persons who are passionate about coding and want to achieve their own goals.I was surprised when I started working as a software developer and almost everything I did on Strive was out tasks on our daily work. I strongly recommend Strive to any new member who want to join. It's worth it 100%.
    • Kaiwan Kadir  User Photo
      Kaiwan Kadir • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      A great school which gives you all the tools necessary to succeed from day one.

They teach you in depth an amazing array of skills and technologies - a lot more than I could have ever imagined. I loved the experience and the format really made me fall in love with learning again. From all the well taught lectures to all the fun exercises you do in solo, pair programming and team projects. Guided throughout the whole journey and 1 on 1 support available whenever you need it.

At first I was sceptical like most, to be honest. But since finishing the course and finding my dream job, all doubts have been eliminated and strive really did live up to their word.

I would highly recommend this course and one word of advice from me would be to make the most out of it. It is really a good opportunity to become a great developer (if you learn everything they teach properly and go out of your way to learn more as well!)

• 100% recommended
      - 12/1/2021
      Gregorio  User Photo
      Gregorio • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      As I'm writing this review I just finished my first day working as a developer. Got hired 1 month after finishing Strive School.
      I'm probably gonna write the most cliché review ever lol, but if you're looking for a way to kickstart your career in programming I couldn't think of a better choice.

First of all, besides the results, I just loved the experience. Cool atmosphere in the class, super personable staff: teachers, TAs, career coaches, Diego, everyone.
      Then the strong suits:
      Teachers were great, just plain and simple very good at it, excellent at explaining to everyone and taking their time to guide you through any question you may have.
      They have a thoroughly organized career team that helps you after the course, that's not a given at all in other camps.
      The course itself is super well structured and I believe if you wanna learn Full Stack like I did, 6 months has gotta be the minimum, I personally wouldn't choose a shorter camp.
      The technologies you learn are the absolute most in-demand and they're chosen according to what's expanding right now.

As I said, it's pretty straight forward. Just 100% recommended top to bottom.
      I'm happy and grateful I found it and did it.
    • Tiago  User Photo
      Tiago • Associate Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      My background education is in Environmental Engineering. What does that have to do with coding? Right, not much... apart from the fact that it has always been a passion for me.

When covid happened I was forced to quit my job in the Renewable Energy industry in Australia and to come closer to home (Portugal), family and friends. I started looking for a new job but companies weren't hiring much... This was when I decided to give my hidden passion a real shot. I discovered Strive School, enrolled in the Fullstack Course in April 2021 and in December 2021 received my first offer to work as a Software Engineer at an amazing company.

Strive's courses are not easy but that's what's great about them. You are pushing your own capacities every day, which also makes you a smarter person every day.

The Fullstack course is very well structured, starting with Javascript basics but quickly moving to more advanced and complex concepts. However the daily challenges/homeworks and build weeks help you keep up with the pace and practice everything over and over again while combining previously learnt concepts with new ones. The instructors are amazing and I even wondered when they slept! They seem to be always there for you: after hours, weekends, holidays, you name it...

I haven't started my professional journey yet (less than 2 weeks to go!) but I feel ready to join a company environment. This is mainly due to the fact that the course teaches you how to collaborate with others. Many of the projects are undertaken in pairs or groups which obviously is a huge part of the whole software developing stuff.

My last but not least mention goes to the job hunting support team. After you graduate from the course you never feel abandoned and the training and job hunting secrets provided by the school are really helpful!

In conclusion, whether you never wrote a line of code, are trying to change your career or have some experience with software development Strive School is for you!

Stop being a Dummy and chase your dream!
    • Iyere Emmanuel  User Photo
      Iyere Emmanuel • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
      Coding as they say it’s hard, yes of course it’s really hard, trying to get your head around the logic which happens like magic. You feel so depressed feeling like you are not good enough, attended different coding lectures online, watched hundreds of YouTube videos and still you don’t even know how to code a simple Todo App without watching another YouTube video.

I have been there, I know how it feels. Please DON’T GIVE UP. Apart from your zeal to learn how to code, at the end you have your financial freedom which is what everybody really wants.

In all the decisions I have made in life joining Strive Schools was one of the best. I enrolled for the Frontend Development Course, before then I have struggled with understanding JavaScript which is the core language of the web, Strive School made it so easy, breaking down every concept step by step. With JavaScript you can easily understand every other library/tools/frameworks. I have come to realize that being a teacher is a gift, it’s not a skill you can acquire or learn, you really need to have it in you to impact other people because you can’t give what you don’t have. My teachers (@Frontend development team) were awesome I don’t want to mention all your names here but just know you are awesome because you changed my life.

The curriculum is well structured, there’s always a follow up by a Teacher Assistant after each homework or class exercise. They strive to make you understand, no one is left behind and above all you need to put in the work to achieve a good result. Someone can force a horse to the river but can’t force it to drink water. So you really need to know what you want and be committed to achieving it. If learning how to code is your problem then Strive Schools is the solution. I promise you.

I have come across different teachers, courses and coding bootcamps but I can assure you, You Will Never Regret Joining Strive Schools, NEVER EVER EVER EVER REGRET I promise you that.
      I landed a software developer job just few weeks after completing the frontend development course with a lot of effort and hard work put in from my side. If you put in the work you will achieve a good result.

Emmanuel