strive-school-logo

Strive School

Strive School

Strive School in Berlin, Germany offers a 24-week, online Full Stack JavaScript Developer bootcamp. Strive School requires a full-time commitment from bootcamp students. The bootcamp curriculum focuses on the MERN stack, and covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, Bootstrap, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, and Git. Students will also learn Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and soft skills, such as team work, pair programming, and peer learning. All bootcamp students have access to daily live lessons, tutoring, and code review.

No prior coding experience is required, but most Strive School students have a degree in Computer Science, a STEM field, or previous tech experience. All bootcamp students receive job interview coaching and job placement.

Strive School tuition is based on an Income Share Agreement model. Students pay no tuition upfront. Instead, they will pay 12% of their gross salary for 36 months after they are hired and upon bootcamp completion.

Recent Strive School Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (34) reviews for Strive School →

Recent Strive School News

• AI Engineering and Data Science Program

Start Date September 20, 2021
      The AI Engineer Bootcamp is a 6 months program and covers Python, Machine Learning, and Neural Networks. Students in the Bootcamp spend the morning in a lecture with experienced teachers, and the afternoons testing out what they learned. This is made is for students who want to be data scientists or AI engineers, who, by the end of the course, will complete a real-world project to show what they have learned. Students will also learn Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and soft skills, such as teamwork, pair programming, and peer learning. All Bootcamp students have access to daily live lessons, tutoring, and code review. Bootcamp students receive job interview coaching and job placement support.
      Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement (ISA) available.
      Minimum Skill LevelStudents should have a basic understanding of Python, Mathematics, and Statistics.
      September 20, 2021 - Online Apply by July 09, 2021
    • Coding Week - HTML, CSS, Javascript

JavaScript, HTML, CSS
      OnlineFull Time
      A Free, One-Week Bootcamp to Learn the Basics of Web Engineering. Build a high-fidelity clone of Spotify - guided LIVE by an expert instructor. Ask questions if you get stuck and learn together with your classmates. Mon, Wed, Fri Lectures, live coding (7.00pm - 9.00pm Berlin Time) Tue, Thu, W.E. Homework, projects, and team activities (self-paced)
      Minimum Skill LevelThe course starts from zero, no particular background is needed.
    • Frontend Development

Start Date September 13, 2021
      The 15 week coding bootcamp designed to take you from the basics of web development to advanced ReactJS to employed as a developer.
      Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement (ISA) available.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior coding experience is required, but most Stive School students have a degree in Computer Science, a STEM field, or previous tech experience.
      September 13, 2021 - Online Apply by September 03, 2021
    • Full Stack Development Program (MERN)

Start Date September 13, 2021
      The Bootcamp curriculum focuses on the MERN stack, and covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, Bootstrap, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, and Git. Students will also learn Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and soft skills, such as teamwork, pair programming, and peer learning. All Bootcamp students have access to daily live lessons, tutoring, and code review. Bootcamp students receive job interview coaching and job placement.
      September 13, 2021 - Online Apply by September 03, 2021
    • Luca Pianta  User Photo
      Luca Pianta • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've started Strive School with no prior coding experience nor any formal education in computer science.

The course is really intense but totally worth it. It's a full immersion that takes you from zero to hero.
      The program is well designed and there is a nice balance between theory and practice. You'll basically spend all your day coding. Teachers and tutors are amazing and very helpful, even outside academic hours, and they provide you also with the soft skill required to find a job (interview prep, CV, networking class, linkedin, and so on).
      One of the most amazing things is the support the school gives after the course: you will never feel like you've been left alone.

I'm not gonna lie: it's hard. But commitment pays, and Strive is up to the challenge!

I started the course in november 2020, ended in june 2021 and I'll start my first tech job in october 2021!
    • Orhan Örs  User Photo
      Orhan Örs • Full-stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I think Strive School has one of the best roadmaps to teach you software development. First of all, they give you the key points about the technology and you'll immediately practice it to see whether or not you're missing something. IF you're missing something, you'll have a chance to review missing parts with expert teaching assistants. ELSE IF you understand the topics but you want to improve your skills, teachers and teaching assistants always track what kind of developer you are and they give you great ideas on which direction you should improve your skills. ELSE you finished the course successfully and you're looking for new opportunities, Strive will be always with you.

I live in Turkey and I was trying to find a new job in Europe. It wasn't an easy situation for me to solve. Thanks to the Student Success Coordinator. She was always with me even I finished the course and I have a great job now. Thanks Strive School for being a great family for me. You helped me a lot to create a new life for myself.
    • Ardi Germenji  User Photo
      Ardi Germenji • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I landed in strive school with little to nothing coding experience. It’s been challenging, I won’t lie to you, but the challenge you find in in there is the thing that makes you grow. You will laugh, you will cry, but with if you’re the kind of person that likes challenges you’ll find the perfect place for you! Live lectures & practice are perfectly balanced, so you’ll learn actually how to program, instead of just focusing on theory & tutorials. You’ll have super skilled & funny tutors that’ll follow you in any trouble you may find along the road! Strive literally changed my life, allowing me a career switch in my 30s -before strive I was a bartender! On top of that the job hunting part of the boootcamp is led by a superwoman which will prepare you to find a job and crush job interviews! Totally worth it!
    • Roberto Scioni  User Photo
      Roberto Scioni • Backend Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      The six months in strive were intense, to say the least.
      I came to them with previous experience and solid basics but also after 10 years of not touching anything web development related.

In six months I did learn new technologies and philosophies of development.
      the hard skills were taught efficiently and thoroughly.

but in all honesty, the real value to me was in the soft skills that we learned.
      they taught us how to work in a team, how to network on socials, how to write better CV's and how to present ourselves for an interview. skills that I was never taught before and that, being an introvert, I desperately needed.

this course is hard but rewarding, and it's continually evolving with the market, I've seen some of the changes myself during the course.

They also do not abandon you after graduation, Strive helps you to seek and catch opportunities, and leaves you with a community of alumni ready to help each other be it on technical or human problems.
    • Mirela Ekic   User Photo
      Mirela Ekic • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      When they said you don’t need any previous knowledge or background to join they were totally right.

I started with no experience, looking for a switch in careers, after coming from a background in hospitality I am proud to say that only 2 months after I graduated from Strive I started working as a Full Stack Developer.

Teachers and the whole Strive team are amazing at what they do, very experienced and knowledgeable, super patient and always there for you even if you have 1000 questions in one day and on top of it all they are still there for you even after you find a job! Lectures are very clear and to the point, applications that you will build in 6 months are going to give a great foundation to become a very decent developer by the end of the course. They offer great support while you are looking for a job and they give a lot of referrals to other companies about students (that could also potentially help you kick off your career in tech).

They often hold guest lectures from people that work in amazing companies that give students advices and I find it very nice that they are trying to give you a clear idea of who you can also become.

Also the community and the peers in my batch gave this wonderful experience an even bigger and meaningful impact on me that I will forever cherish.

If you want to change careers, meet great and wonderful people, work hard and learn a lot then this school is the best investment and experience that you can do for yourself. I wish I was exaggerating, but they truly are amazing :)
    • Just Amazing
      - 6/21/2021
      Hung Jin Chong  User Photo
      Hung Jin Chong • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I joined Strive with a bachelor's degree in computer science and I believe it taught me a lot more than the time I was in University. I'm not saying University is pointless, it both has its pros and cons but you feel a lot more committed and connected with everyone in Strive. University teaches you a broad range of technology, from AI to maths logic to mobile applications, when trying to squeeze so much into a few years you'll only be able to scratch the surface of all of the sectors, good if you have no idea which field to go into. If you know what field you want to get into then Strive will do much better, Strive dives deep into one field and gives you what is required by the job specification out there.

It's not gonna be an easy journey but it won't be worth it if it's easy. Strive requires commitment and discipline, if you're passionate enough about what you want to learn then it won't be a problem, Monday to Friday 9 am-5 pm of continuous learning and developing new skills, if you can't see yourself doing that then don't bother. If you do join, you will definitely be impressed with how far you've come at the end of it.

Pros
      • Tutors available all the time
      • Great and up to date contents
      • Amazing and experienced tutors
      • Spectacular job hunt assistance
      • Great interview assistance
      • Flexibility in learning out of scope technologies (ie: if the majority of students want to learn more about something else, it will be added to the schedule)
      • Extra studies if needed

Cons
      • Recorded lectures can be a bit boring but only happens about twice a month
      • Can't think of anything else, all in all, an amazing journey

PS: Trust the process, you might feel left behind at some point but Strive is always there for you. Find me on LinkedIn if you have any questions, I'm always up for a chat 😊 https://www.linkedin.com/in/hungjinchong/
    • From 0 To Web Hero
      - 5/28/2021
      Renie Jr Del is  User Photo
      Renie Jr Del is • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      LOOKING FOR A LIFE CHANGER CHOICE?

Before Strive School I had 0 coding experience, 0 interest for web world, I was just looking for any kind of job just to make some money and during this pandemic situation it wasn't so easy.

One day I opened my instagram app, scroll its feed and... BOOM!! Strive School: "Become a Web Developer".
      "Why not? That job pay big money" - I was thinking.

What I expected from this course before starting it:
      Just to learn something that will give me a job.

What I received after the course:
      • Another big family
      • A knowledge level about Web Development world that I would never expect before
      • The best tutors
      • A new passion and new life goals

Now, It is not only for a job purpose, now it's a big passion in coding and even after the course I do not want stop learning about this world.

I will never regret this decision. And you won't too.

• Richard Johnson Addai  User Photo
      Richard Johnson Addai • Junior Front-End Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      STRIVE SCHOOL IT'S MORE THAN WHAT YOU COULD IMAGINE/SEE...

These guys are putting all their love into what they are doing and as a student, you will feel it.

Trusting the professionalism and experience of Strive School it's the key to be rewarded...

As you may see, I've dropped on the title of this review my Linkedin name so you can "spy" my journey and also you can ask me, if you want, any questions and I'll be happy to share my experience with you.

But trust me dear reader, the keys mentioned above are what helped me to be where I am right now!!!

Best choice ever!!!!!!!
    • Stephanie F.  User Photo
      Stephanie F. • Sales Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I have never, ever, learned so much in any period of time in all of my life (I hold two master's degrees, co-founded a business, travelled the world, and yes I still stand by my statement).

I came from a "no coding background", and showed up with merely a passion and determination having reached a giant roadblock in life. I knew I needed to add new skill sets in order to get to where I wanted (1. better pay 2. larger company 3. unfinite possible growth).

Throughout the course, I was impressed by the building block approach of the circuclium: the deconstruction and reconstruction of projects, the combination of solo/pair/team working, the focus on current tech trends while still laying down foundational understanding.

I enjoyed the breakdown of lectures, teacher hours, one on one, and the variety of homework. The concept of benchmarks (week-long team projects, held after every 4 weeks) is brilliant and really showcases all you have learned.

It was hard for me, I needed to put in extra hours with teachers, tutors, peers, myself. There were many days I questioned If I had what it took, and I struggled. A lot. But that is part of it too. It is a full-time intensive course, and you aren't there to just be good already, you are there to struggle and strive and evaluate.

I left feeling proud, confident and (perhaps most important to employability) I felt current.

I started my interview process prior to showcasing my final project (Demo Day). And I am proud to say, in less than a month later I am employed at a job and company which makes me feel like I have skipped 5 years of my life.

Advice: you have to put in the time and you have to ask for help. Build a community with your peers.
    • Aboubacar Sambare  User Photo
      Aboubacar Sambare • javascript developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Before I started strive school i was  trying for more than 3 years to get into web development world spending  over 7k €.
      For me strive school is not just a master camp but a family, community where you get a full assistance.
      I really appreciated their job assistance team, they're one of the best.
    • Ari Razab  User Photo
      Ari Razab • Full-Stack Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       One of the best experiences of my life. It was a tough but very rewarding climb to become a Full-Stack developer. Not only did i finish with big knowledge in both Frontend and Backend but I have found myself a big family.
      Before Strive most of my applications would be completely ignored but thanks to the resume checks and interview preps I finally landed a full time job and can't be thankful enough to them!
    • Segun  User Photo
      Segun • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Joining Strive school was in no doubt one of the best decisions I've ever made. I can confidently say that it was indeed worth it, though skeptical at the beginning. The tutors were exemplary in their duties and I cannot but appreciate them for the level of professionalism on their part. They didn't just teach but imparted knowledge and their teachings made a profound impact on the students and I'm confident that my colleagues would agree to this assertion of mine. it is worth mentioning to say that it was neither just the knowledge to code nor just the software development skills but even more about project management and human resource management skills.
      Also, moving to the part of the students' success tutor which was another incredible experience. A great personality full of energy, passion and high level of professionalism as well. Always ready to help, guide, advise in job search and more importantly encourage and motivate when needed. All I could give as feedback would always be positive as many times as I'm asked to do so and would always be pleased to do so.