With the help of community sponsors, SoftStack Factory is able to finance students who otherwise couldn’t afford a bootcamp, to train to become mobile app developers. Students work on projects for the community sponsors, alongside experienced developers.
Recent SoftStack Factory Reviews: Rating 5.0
Mobile Hybrid App Development
- Placement Test
- Placement Test
In PersonPart Time15 Seats
Application Deadline:July 13, 2017
In PersonPart Time15 Seats
Application Deadline:September 14, 2017
SoftStack Factory Reviews
3 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
SoftStack Factory was an amazing experience for me. It was an intensive 12 week coding course that taught me what makes an app work. Before I started, I had a very basic understanding of HTML. Every day it was a new learning experience.
At SoftStack Factory you receive real world experience, by doing a project that has its own requirements, and includes mock-ups as well as breaking off into teams, and learning to coordinate with your fellow classmates. They also have a project week where each of the students chooses a project they want to create.
My tips for anyone that wants to attend, keep working hard, don't get discouraged, and if you have any questions, Speak Up! John helped us out a ton, helping us work through the nuances of coding, and both him and Harold had the curriculum push our boundaries and learn as fast as possible. At times, the work might be a little bit overwhelming, but at around week 6 is when everything started to click together. You know what goes where, and why it goes there.
SoftStack Factory will help you in searching for employment opportunities, so give it your all! I'd like to thank Harold for this opportunity, and I'd like to thank John for helping me through difficult problems. They really are great guys.
Opportunities come and go. For some, it's a rare occasion.
When Harold offered me a chance for a tuition free, mobile development bootcamp, I jumped at the offer. I left my hometown and my previous job for Soft Stack Factory.
This is an opportunity you do not want to pass up.
The 12 week program is rigorous. You will eat, sleep, and breath code. You will apply every bit of knowledge you get. I had no prior knowledge of any programming language. In 6 weeks, I was competent enough to talk about what I was working on and why.
The amount of work you put in is exactly what you're going to get out of this program. SSF will assist you in finding a job, but it's entirely dependent on you. Your work is what will be marketed to future employers.
You will have a projects under your belt before the 12 weeks are over. Your personal project and team project are reflected in your resume.
You will get various educational resources and structured guidance from Harold and John. Don't be shy, they're there for you. Honestly, the material is pretty dense for new comers, so having questions for everything is expected.
Be prepared to learn, have a positive attitude, and have a passion for learning. What the guys at Soft Stack Factory are doing is great work and they're offering it for FREE. It's easy to be skeptical at that idea, but it's real.
I'm currently two weeks into my 20 week internship at a multi-million dollar start up. My life has changed immensely and it's because of Soft Stack Factory.
SSF is a great place for anyont that knows nothing of coding yet wants to learn more about the field, like myself, I was in ironworking before I got the chance to learn Hybrid Mobile App Development from Harold and apply that knowledge to getting a job where I am utilizing my knowledge from being spun up in coding in 6 weeks time and then took on an actually client project which is in the app stores now.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn and thrive.