SeedPaths teaches young, low-income adults how to develop software in an intensive, 8-week bootcamp and then assists them in securing employment in the IT industry. Of their graduates who sought employment, 89% found an opportunity within 90 days of graduating and enjoyed a 460% increase in pay (averages salaries for our graduates range from $30,000 to $40,000). SeedPaths also has an IT recruiting/staffing division that helps top-tier companies find top-tier talent and invests all of its profits into its academic division.
SeedPaths also teaches graduates how to perform in a professional environment through a robust professional development curriculum. The hands-on, project-based curriculum includes exercises that teach professionalism, high energy, confidence, self-management and intellectual curiosity.
Recent SeedPaths Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent SeedPaths News
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Tuition Plans
- Case-by-case basis, 10% of your monthly gross salary after graduation or $100 per month (whichever is more, paid via direct deposit) plus a $20/month administration fee
- Full-ride scholarships are available for those who qualify based on need such as low income or other barriers to employment
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
4 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Level 1 Technician- 4/15/2015Forrest B • Graduate • Course: Software Development • Campus: Denver
Before taking the SeedPaths' bootcamp, I was bouncing around from odd jobs doing nothing that I considered to be fulfilling in life. I had always had a strong passion for technology, but wasn't sure exactly how to get my foot in the door with a technology career, and that is exactly what SeedPaths did for me. In the 8-week bootcamp, I learned more through hands-on experience than I did in 4 years of college.
My time at SeedPaths was one of the best experiences of my life, not only because it was the opportunity I have always been looking for to finally expand on my knowledge of software development, but because every day I showed up, I knew that every instructor there was going to do anything and everything it took to help me find a career in a field that I was passionate about with a company that was a perfect fit for me.
I have recommeneded SeedPaths to many of my friends and will continue to recommend it to anyone who will listen. I cannot explain how much SeedPaths has helped change my life for the better, and I cannot thank everyone involved with SeedPaths enough for getting me to the where I am today.
- The place to be- 4/9/2015Truyen Le • Graduate • Course: Software Development • Campus: Denver
It's been over a year and yet I can't forget the old days back when I was still looking for an opportunity. I never thought that I would go through an 8-week boot camp with a hope of getting a job, a real one to support my life. And I did it.
It's totally new to me. The way they approach is a little bit different, initiative I mean. It doesn't feel like attending classes at school just to look at textbooks and memorize it. I would say that is an experience hard to find anywhere else. At SeedPaths, there's a team supporting and guiding me to achieve my goals. They're the connections that opens to my new world.
Before, I was lost in my own thoughts, afraid of the idea of working. All I can think about is getting in college, having good grades and then finding a job I may not even like. How do I pay off college? Will I get a job in the same field that I study? All of these questions surrounded my mind, I didn't know how to get rid of it. That's why I took a chance, and the result is out of my mind.
Without SeedPaths, I wouldn't have the chance to meet my boss and work at the company I love. Work seems to be more joyful than I thought. What I learn may not be enough, however, it prepares me a foundation to learn new things. I now know how to cooperate with others, how to "be" in a professional environment and advance more than I can.
Many thanks to SeedPaths, the place that helps me become who I am today.
- Great experience -- you get what you put in- 3/18/2015Dave K • Web developer • Graduate • Course: Software Development • Campus: Denver
I had a fantastic experience at SeedPaths. The instructors are so passionate and hardworking to help everyone succeed in the course and their career. Without any professional background in programming, a month after I graduated from SeedPaths I found a job that exceeded my hopes, with a great environment, cool technology stack, travel opportunities, and incredibly valuable connections for my future in the tech industry. It was my own initiative that got me the job, but I owe a lot to SeedPaths for preparing me with the technical skills, helping me with my resume, interview/followup skills, and giving me great references.
What makes SeedPaths unique is how it functions like a job more than like a school. The incentive money they promise -- which is penalized if you miss deadlines or are late/absent -- gives you a tangible result of your work, and I think it's a brilliant way to groom people for a professional environment, especially people who don't necessarily care about letter grades.
SeedPaths focuses its promotional material on young people, especially those under 21 who haven't gone to college, and in fact, many of the youngest people in my graduating group were the first to get jobs, thanks to the great connections SeedPaths has made. Realistically, SeedPaths looks a lot better on your resume if you're straight out of high school than if you're closer to 30 and changing careers. However, I and many of my classmates were older, with a college degree (several even had computer science degrees) and I believe the program was super valuable for them as well. If you have a background in programming, the first few weeks will be quite easy, but SeedPaths will help bridge the gap between the academic approach to computer science and what will actually be expected of you in the real world.
The folks at SeedPaths are still modifying their curriculum and approach with every new group of students, which means sometimes it's a little bumpy. In general, though, the program is very well thought-out to give you a basis for understanding large software projects. And don't underestimate the value of the professional development side of the curriculum -- personally, I found it just as valuable as the technical training.