nyu-tandon-school-of-engineering-bootcamps-logo

NYU Tandon School of Engineering Bootcamps

NYU Tandon School of Engineering Bootcamps

NYU Tandon School of Engineering offers a 24-week Professional Certificate in UX and Emerging Interaction Design bootcamp and a 28-week Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics bootcamp. Both NYU bootcamps are offered online and require a time commitment of 15-20 hours per week.

The UX and Emerging Interaction Design bootcamp is designed for professionals pursuing UX design careers with an interest in working with emerging technologies. Applicants should have foundational visual design skills, experience with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, and a desire to work with emerging AR, VR, and voice technologies.

The AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics bootcamp is designed for professionals or students with a computer science degree or equivalent development experience who want to learn XR essentials and fundamentals for developing in Unity to build AR and VR experiences. Applicants are required to have scripting language experience and fundamental quantitative and analytical skills (Algebra I is the minimum requirement).

All bootcamp students will receive one-on-one and small group mentoring with industry experts, support in navigating technical interviews, and career coaching for resume building, presentation and negotiation skills, and interview preparation. Bootcamp students will learn best practices for developing and presenting technical content to a non-technical audience.

Upon successful bootcamp completion, students will be awarded a verified digital certificate by NYU Tandon. Flexible and deferred payment options may be available.

NYU Tandon School of Engineering bootcamps are powered by Emeritus.

Recent NYU Tandon School of Engineering Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.4

all (5) reviews for NYU Tandon School of Engineering Bootcamps →

Recent NYU Tandon School of Engineering Bootcamps News

• AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics

Start Date September 16, 2021
    In the AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics bootcamp, students will learn how to use scripting to create, navigate, and customize 3D graphic assets to construct interactive virtual environments. Students will learn how to apply C# programming to customize Unity components and how to understand the roles, interactions, and workflows within the XR developmental ecosystem. Students will create a portfolio with a variety of digital samples, including a final project that features a prototype, pitch, and documentation. The AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics bootcamp is designed for professionals or students with a computer science degree or equivalent development experience who want to learn XR essentials and fundamentals for developing in Unity to build AR and VR experiences.
    Lending Partners: SkillsFund, Eduvanz

Monthly Installment Plans available
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants are required to have scripting language experience and fundamental quantitative and analytical skills (Algebra I is the minimum requirement).
    September 16, 2021 - Online
    December 09, 2021 - Online
  • UX and Emerging Interaction Design

User Experience Design, Augmented Reality, Design, Virtual Reality
    Start Date November 04, 2021
    In the UX and Emerging Interaction Design bootcamp, students will learn the foundations of UX and XR, UX methodologies and processes, non-visual interfaces, and industry standard tools for creating XR environments. The bootcamp culminates in a design sprint and UX capstone project to be completed for a corporate partner. The UX and Emerging Interaction Design bootcamp is designed for professionals pursuing UX design careers with an interest in working with emerging technologies.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants should have foundational visual design skills, experience with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, and a desire to work with emerging AR, VR, and voice technologies.
    November 04, 2021 - Online
  • Gabe Jacobs  User Photo
    Gabe Jacobs • Student Verified via GitHub
    I found the Professional Certificate in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics course to be extremely valuable. Although I have not yet seen where these skills will take me, I am already very happy with how much I have learned and how much the course has covered. I'm someone who already had some experience with front-end computer science programming, but I found it hard to learn about Unity and XR development from what is available on Youtube/Udemy/etc. This course is doing a very good job of structuring my learning and going slow enough so that I really understand the basics. I think the curriculum makes sense and goes in an order that builds off each subsequent topic.

If you're someone who wants to learn Unity and build XR apps, I highly suggest this course. It gets you familiarized with all the necessary tools and gets your hands wet just enough in the math and computer science topics. Furthermore, the TA for the course has been a great resource and it's nice to have a mentor to look over your work and help you through the more challenging topics. That said, I wouldn't take this course if you already know Unity well. The first half of the course is mostly about the basics of Unity, C#, and vectors, so only take it if you need help with the fundamentals.
  • Geneva Royer • Graduate
    The Professional Certificate in UX & Emerging Interaction Design prepared me with the necessary skills for job in the UI/UX industries. The teachers and staff members are very eager to provide assistance and honest feedbacks when you ask for it with an open-mind. The coursework is beginner friendly. However, I rated the Job Assistance average because they do not provide you a job/internship after you finish the program but give help tips for writing resumes and cover letters. Also, I wished there were more times for virtual mock interviews and mock interview prep.
  • Christine • Student
    This online course is pretty great for people looking for a challenge and real bang for your buck. Each week covers new topics in UX/AR/VR and the instructors rotate as well, which keeps things engaging. Workload will vary depending on the week, but more time-consuming weeks mean that you're getting more practice using the skills you're looking for. The course is organized well, with each week building upon prior weeks' knowledge. The foundations portion of the course can be taken by anyone, though it does help to have some sort of preliminary knowledge about UX and basic experience using Figma to start out. The course guides you through using Amazon Sumerian and Unity, and I like that the focus is on simply doing things and getting time with programs rather than having to be "good" at a particular program. You also use other industry standard tools throughout the course assignments, which can be tweaked and fixed up to become portfolio items. I found some of the job assistance resources pretty helpful, though since I'm still taking the course I don't have a final say about how much they can help you switch careers. You really get what you put into the course. I'm a bit past the midway point of the course and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I like that the course is completely flexible to your schedule, unlike a lot of other bootcamps that require a 9-5 commitment. You can watch the videos and do the assignments whenever it's suitable for you (within the one week deadline for each week's assignments), so even if you have a full time job or other commitment, you can take this course.
    I have been looking to get into the world of UX for a long time but I hadn't ever found a good enough program to do so. I finally found it with NYU's emerging tech UX program. Not only is NYU an amazing accredited school that is recognized globally, but the
    professors we learned from were also talented, driven, UX professionals and professors who had all the credibility in the world to teach us. I have been in school for a long time and I am very familiar with the pros and cons of E learning. This NYU program did a really great job with it. The videos were engaging, the assignments were meaningful, and the office hours were a great place to connect with our program leader and peers. I am leaving this program with great portfolio pieces to show to hiring managers that I simply would not have with this program. This program essentially cured my imposter syndrome. I learned so many new programs (amazon Sumerian, adobe XD, Unity & Figma just to name a few that are currently used in the industry. The career coaching aspect of the program was great too. I have a great resume and Linkedln In because of it now. The only suggestion or grievance I have is that sometimes the assignments were outdated (software would no longer exist - that's how fast this tech is changing!) and
    sometimes they weren't explained very well and it made things confusing. However, its nothing that a quick message to the program leader couldn't fix. Lastly, I wish we got more direct feedback from graders. Our teachers didn't grade us (we were graded by someone from Emeritus) and we were graded based on a rubric. So, if we check all the right boxes we get an A. But we didnt get to know if the work we did was any good. We did sometimes get feedback in-office hours. That was great! Other than that, it was an awesome program.
    This program is a true bootcamp style course-it will move you through a comprehensive set of UX skills at a fast pace. Strong design thinking and accessibility  course content. Recommended for those who have already mastered basic skills in Unity and Animation. The program excels in prototyping for mobile apps -I’d like to see them add more training and more technical support in AR/VR design.