institute-of-code-logo

Institute of Code

Bali, Puerto Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta

Institute of Code

Institute of Code is a 10-day all-inclusive code retreat at a tropical location where experienced mentors teach HTML, CSS, Javascript and more, enabling students to build beautiful, responsive websites from scratch.

Institute of Code is an intensive program with 60+ hours of coursework, and students will build a resume-boosting portfolio of 2-3 responsive websites by the end of the course.

The code retreat sets their classrooms in luxury villas in spectacular locations, with an in-house chef to keep students fed and massages arranged to keep the productivity levels high; students have nothing to worry about except developing their skills.

The Institute of Code's teacher-to-student ratio is 3 mentors to only 12 students, so students can be sure that they'll get the personal attention to really help them thrive. And because all teachers are actively working in the industry (not full-time teachers), the content students are learning reflects the latest industry standards.

Recent Institute of Code Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (31) reviews for Institute of Code →

Recent Institute of Code News

• Social Media and Content Marketing

Start Date August 1, 2020
    LocationBali
    Learn to become a successful social media manager or influencer from experts in the field. Social Media & Content marketing is one of the fastest growing industries, but there is a lot more to it than just posting pretty pictures. In this course we’ll teach you everything you need to know to grow an audience, build influence and actually earn money through social media. You’ll walk away ready to become a social media manager growing other brands, or building your own brand to become a social media influencer or blogger. You’ll be taught by a team of experts in the field, bringing their collective experience to help you not only spend 10 days learning tangible new skills, but also having expert insights into your own personal brand and walking away with the strategies and assets in place to hit the ground running – including a live media kit website, and a project plan.
    Tuition Plans12 month payment plan
  • Web Development

HTML, jQuery, CSS
    Start Date August 15, 2020
    LocationBali
    Our 10-day bootcamp will take you from little or no experience in coding to being able to confidently create your very own beautiful, responsive websites in no time. You will learn how to use HTML, CSS and jQuery to design, create and build websites from scratch. Rather than working on hypothetical challenges or studying for arbitrary tests, our students are working on real web projects from day one because we know that you learn best by doing.
    Tuition Plans12 month payment plan
    Scholarship$1000 diversity scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelZero experience required
    Prep Work2 full days
    August 15, 2020 - Bali Apply by June 15, 2020
    November 15, 2020 - Bali Apply by September 15, 2020
  • Ibrahim Cetinkaya

I toke the course because I wanted to learn about WebDev and learn how to make some of my own projects a reality.

The course was so refreshing to just meet people from so many different walks of life that do almost completely different things and are at different stages of their life, yet we all learnt skills were so valuable e to all of us in the directions we were heading.

I expected the mentors to be more like teachers in a high school where they would probably just teach us some skills and go back to whatever they decide to do in their own time but they were such nice people that went out of their way to make connections with you and teach you not just what they knew but how to find the resources for yourself when you need because the world of WebDev is just so gigantic that even if the course ran for one whole year we wouldn't be able to pick everything up. Kind of like the 'Teach a man how to fish' analogy.

We spent alday learning in an immersive environment where the skills we were being taught we could use immedietly and we had 3 or 4 mentors always there commenting on different ways to go about different things which was great because it let us have a 360 view on things from different perspectives and we found our preferred styles of coding.
    Then we spent all night hanging out and doing pre-arranged activities and seeing the beautiful place that was Bali, almost everything we did was worthy of an instagram photo (By that I mean EVERYTHING we did or saw was so unique, beautiful and memorable).
    I don't even want to write about the stuff we got upto so as not to ruin it for future groups.

All in all I'de definately recommend the trip to anyone I know thats even slightly interested in WebDev to take the course and learn some new skills, meet some great people and have an experience that you won't ever forget.

The whole experience in itself will open your mind and teach you how to take any skill, business idea or even just a hobby or interest you have and use it in conjunction with the world of Web Development to take it to a whole new level, connect with new people and turn it into something that you had no idea was even possible before hand.

• Uh-mazing
    - 3/7/2016
    NayNay • Student

The IOC Coding bootcamp was absolutely brillant. What an incredible way to gain a new skill. It was paradise to be removed from everyday life and focus on growth. The amazing staff orchastrated everything for us so all we had to do was relax, soak in new things and have fun. Plus, so grateful for the chance to meet new friends from all over the world. Would 100% recommend.

• Bec • Content Producer • Graduate

Doing this course was quite an impulsive decision for me, but it’s one of the best I’ve ever made :) I had so much fun, I met some great people, I learned a lot, and I feel really proud of what I can now create.

I went there knowing the very basics of HTML and CSS but I'd never built anything from scratch before, and I couldn't really believe we'd have the skills after 10 days to make a complete responsive website – but by the end of the trip everyone had something really awesome to show for their work. Now I feel like I can make something that looks pretty good and professional, and I'm really excited to keep building on my skills.

All the mentors and staff were really lovely, and I felt very supported and encouraged. The lessons were really laid back and informal, and there was plenty of time for everyone to ask questions and get one-on-one help.

And as well as being a worthwhile learning experience, it was heaps of fun. With everyone staying in the villa together it started to feel like a family pretty quickly, and somehow there was lots of time in between classes for splashing in the pool and going on excursions to do paddle boarding, surfing etc. The villa was lovely, the food was delicious, light and healthy, and overall it felt like being on a holiday, even though we were also working hard.

So thank you to Tina and co. for being so awesome and creating this opportunity :) I really recommend this retreat to anyone who wants to learn new skills in a beautiful place with fun people.

• Christine • Graduate

I went on the third coding retreat ever hosted by IOC and I am not hesitant to say that it was an experience I will never forget. I've always wanted to learn how to code, but struggled to find courses that I thought would give me the help I needed (no coding background). The mentors were great, always there when you needed them and were so encouraging. They were patient and very willing to take time out of their breaks to help you figure out how to add a specific feature to your site. Not only did they teach us how to do things, but they went over how to trouble shoot and how to find the help we may need once we graduate. In 10 days I was able to build two sites completely and develop skills that I'll never forget. Apart from the curriculum we were also given the opportunity to visit landmarks and participate in water sports and other activities with the team. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn how to code in a relaxed environment!! Don't hesitate to apply or even ask the IOC team for more information!

• Bali Bagus
    - 3/6/2016
    Kristina • Self Employed • Graduate

Before joining the IOC team in beautiful Bali, I honestly didnt even know shorthand on my Mac!

My contact with computers was limited, my understanding of how websites work was little and I had small appreciation for the incredible amount of man hours that go into creating practical and visually pleasing sites.

Now I have built two fully responsive websites to promote myself and my growing business! I achieved more than I ever thought possible! Thank you to the IOC team for not only teaching me to code but also teaching me a valuable lesson about trying new things and believing in my own ability to pick up new skills!

• Joanna • University Student • Student

The Institute of Code inspired me to take one of the most spontaneous and exciting adventures of my life! Leanring things that had never even entered into my mind before excited me and at the end once I finished the course and learnt all the skills needed to create a basic website, I felt so empowered! I had gone from not knowing anything about how to create a website to creating one that I was proud of, for a cause that I was passionate about. I felt like I could go out into the world and achieve anything if I put my mind to it. Thanks to the IOC for giving me this opportunity, for always being supportive through my journey and for teaching me some awesome skills that I will definitely help me in my future endeavours.

• Best idea ever!
    - 3/1/2016
    Meagan Mackinnel • Graduate

I really enjoyed this opportunity that I took at the Institute of code in Bali Indonesia. I learned CSS and HTML and about the best practices of computer program and of course more! I would really recommend this course. Sitting through class was fun and interesting and well broken up.. I am now trained from this positive experience to conduct my work in the best manner. On top of the course the teachers were so helpful and the ratio of teachers to students left me always having someone to help me. The activities were very exciting and well thought out! Being in Indonesia gave me the environment I needed to succeed which I think is very important. This was a trip of a lifetime and I now have life-ling friends and an understanding of computer programming. I am so thankful!