horizons-school-of-technology-logo

Horizons School of Technology

San Francisco

Horizons School of Technology

The Horizons School of Technology is a code school designed for college students, offering full-time summer and semester programs for both undergrads and graduate students.

The Horizons thesis is a simple one: learn essential tech skills during your most formative years - college. During the Horizons program, students will meet and collaborate with other highly motivated students.

Upon successful completion, graduates will have learned how to build web, mobile and desktop applications in an intensive full-stack javascript curriculum. The curriculum has been built and directly influenced by engineers at leading technology companies.

Recent Horizons School of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (47) reviews for Horizons School of Technology →

Recent Horizons School of Technology News

• scam
    - 3/25/2018
    lina ayat • Applicant

Has anybody ever got into Horizon one?? They were supposed to send me a coding challenge to see if I am eligible for Horizon one. After 1 months of waiting, I scheduled a call to see what is the status of my coding challenge. They canceled the scheduled call. I emailed them, after 2 weeks they said they rejected my application!!!

I have CS degree and worked as software developer for 2 years. The only reason I can conclude why the rejected me, is that I am a foreigner. It was shocking to see how they discriminate toward foreigners.

Please comment if anyone got into Horizon one.

thanks

• Horizon one
    - 3/4/2018
    Tyler sheveas • Applicant

Has anyone got enrolled to Horizon One? or it's just a marketing scam. I applied for both Horizon One and summer school. They canceled all my attempts to talk to them.

• Fantastic program
    - 11/21/2016
    Caitlin Rubin • Fellow

I did the summer program in Philadelphia and I had pretty much the most incredible summer of my life. I'm a computer science major at UPenn and I still learned SO much-- it's everything you don't learn in the classroom (which is a lot). If you've ever wanted to be able to build and deploy your own applications, or if you just want to make your resume look amazing -- Horizons is definitely the way to go.

• 10/10
    - 11/21/2016
    Steven Lin • Student • Graduate

The Horizons' co-founders and instructors are really top notch and I would say they're who you want to be learning from. After the program, I've made a 180 in my career plans moving away from finance and into software engineering despite being in business school.

I highly recommend this program if you're interested in tech in the slightest bit because you learn a whole lot, gain perspective, and meet great people.

• Lucas • Head of Product • Student

Horizons gives you the skills and mentorship to build anything and take it to market excellently.

Intensive training teaches you to build advanced software applications end-to-end. Teachers come directly from impressive roles in Silicone Valley and know the best, and most current, ways to build software.

Experienced entrepreneurs are extremely accessible, providing valuable advice and connections.

My Horizons-built business found an investor by the end of the program. Near four months later, the Horizons team continues to be incredibly helpful.

• Jack • Student

The best way a Business Major (or any student for that matter) can spend a summer. I learned more highly applicable skills in the 3 months than a year in school. Now, I'm using the skills I learned to build a startup.

Instructors & founders were great and ensured we truly understood the topics. The other students were highly motivated and a joy to work with. The speakers they brought in were world-class and helped us think about tech and investing at the highest levels. Overall, the environment made it enjoyable to work long hours and solve tough problems.

I highly recommend Horizons.

• Julian Mullins • Student

As a business major pursuing an interest in technology and entrepreneurship, obtaining viable programming skills has been a goal of mine for a long time. However, I could never find the time and opportunity to fully immerse myself and commit to the endeavor, and instead decided I would wait and enroll in a coding bootcamp after I graduated from college... When I found out about Horizons, I seized the opportunity and plunged headfirst into 13 weeks of intensive coding. At the end of the summer I had spearheaded the development of a passion project from idea to launch (www.cortexgame.com) and had gained the skills and confidence needed to continue my growth as a programmer and to seek internships in the technology sector. Horizons has been a tremendous asset in my personal growth and has enabled me to effectively bridge the gap between my business education and the coding skills required to succeed in the world of tech entrepreneurship.

• Sehyeok Park

At some point or another, everyone seems to feel a disparity between their passions and reality. For a long time I too have felt that my various interests will be left unpursued due to my lack of applicable skills. For anyone who feels the same way, I highly recommend taking a course at Horizons. Regardless of your experience with coding or technology, the intructors will make sure that you get all the tools you need to make your ambitions come to fruition. The perks of Horizons go far beyond the technical level as the instructors also provide invaluable advice on both a personal and professional level.

• Austin Hawkins • Graduate

Despite my lack of a tech background, I attended Horizons with the sole intention of finding a job after. Within a month of finishing the course, I had interviews lined up and a few offers to sift through.

I have a great deal of respect and admiration for the instructors, oftentimes they put in more hours than the students, and they were always helpful and understanding.

I would recommend this course to anyone that's willing to bust ass and has the desire to learn.

• Eagle Wu • Student

First off, this is a coding bootcamp. It's not easy and there will be frustrating days where you'll be up all night debugging.

But, the amount of stuff you learn and build is FREAKING AMAZING.

Week 3 - We built Facebook.

Week 4 - We built Amazon.

And on it goes EVERY WEEK. You will be amazed at how much you can build and after the experience you will see the pay off keep on coming.

Do it. Just do it. It's freaking amazing.

• Cristian Llop • Student • Student

From the rigorous and expertly crafted curriculum, to the incredible people that you're constantly surrounded by, Horizons leaves no stone unturned. Their summer immersive didn't just teach me full stack web and mobile development - it also gave me a priceless network of peers and mentors, and it revolutionized my views on learning, entrepreneurship, and the world. I can't think of many experiences that have yielded so much for me.

• Will Yoo • Student

Attending Horizons and meeting everyone involved with their program was among the best decisions I've ever made. I've never felt more empowered to do everything I've always wanted to, among great friends and future colleagues. The curriculum hear is top notch in terms of preparing students with the skills they need to succeed in engineering roles. What I enjoyed most though was the entrepreneurial spirit of the student body, founders, and speakers that came to visit our school - there's a bright future ahead for everyone who attended Horizons.