datacamp-logo

DataCamp

DataCamp

DataCamp is an online learning platform that helps students build data skills at their own pace. DataCamp courses include non-coding essentials like BI tools to data science and machine learning. DataCamp delivers hands-on learning experiences, including data skill assessments to track progress and provide personalized recommendations, interactive courses led by experts, practice challenges, and real-world projects. Datacamp offers 350+ courses in over 10 different technologies, including Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Oracle SQL, Scala, Excel, spreadsheets. Datacamp provides flexible online training for every role and skill level.

Recent DataCamp Reviews: Rating 3.79

Translate data using R.
  • Data Scientist

Python
    OnlinePart Time94 Hours/week
    Students will use statistical and machine learning techniques with R programming to analyze and interpret complex data.
  • Python Programmer

Cryptography, Python
    OnlinePart Time36 Hours/week
    Use Python skills to wrangle data and build tools for data analysis.
  • Andey Nunes  User Photo
    Andey Nunes • grad student & research assistant Verified via LinkedIn

I started taking R courses last summer to get an edge in my statistics coursework. I'm proud to say I've been able to do all my homework, reports, and papers in R Markdown! Now I'm taking Python courses, and I'm continuing to gain valuable skills while learning at my own pace.

I have already recommended DataCamp to everyone one in several classes I'm taking at Portland State University because these tutorials have given me the confidence to learn, share, and explore more about R and Python.

• Frank Szalai  User Photo
    Frank Szalai • Finance Manager Verified via LinkedIn

Great courses and instructors, nice structure, I love the tracks function, enough repetition but increasingly more difficult exercises, anyone interested in learning R should check DataCamp out.

• Jeremy Voisey  User Photo
    Jeremy Voisey • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Course chapters are split into a series of short videos, which explain new concepts well, followed by guided exercises. The exercises are pitched at the right level to ensure you have understood the videos.

The course instructors are articulate and knowlegable. Some of them are university lecturers or the authors of the packages being explained.

There are a large number of courses, covering a good variety of skills.

• Pavle  User Photo
    Pavle • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    It is very well organised platform to learn data science proper way. I used it to learn python for data science and data science as a new thing as well. I recommend it as a way to learn fast tips and tricks of this field but it is not enough if you want to become real expert. It doesn't cover every aspect.
  • Jozef • Front- end webdeveloper • Student

I came in contact with datacamp when i did an online mooc on EDX.

A lot of the times it worked great but also a lot of the times it did not.

For example it took them 3 weeks to fix a link where you needed to download a data set. Also a lot of right answere are rejected because it is not exactly like it should be. I f your code looks even a little bit off it is rejected.

The platform looks great but I personnly would never have used it if it was not used by that EDX course.

• Sudarshana • Telecommunication Professional

I like Datacamp because you don't need to install any additional software to do any courses.

Instractions are simple and easy to understand. You can follow courses related to specific skill set or programming language.

If Datacamp can facilitate Job Assitance, it is really helpful to the people who is looking to change their carreer path.

• C • Analyst • Graduate

The overall experience is not good. You can find alternative online learning place out there. The subscription is the worst I had been experience. It's unprofessional & unacceptable. So much disappointment on this US company. Not going to use it again.

• Excellent Learning
    - 5/13/2017
    Ian Frantz • Business Process Improvement Specialist • Student

I've been taking online courses for five years now and love DataCamps format for learning. I treat the material the same as I would any class and keep a notebook and really work on the problems instead of taking hints or showing solutions. I have six different datacamp certificates and as my learning R has improved the course tracks DataCamp offers have been great in helping me reach my next level in the long journey of Data Science. :]

• Taras Kaduk • Student

This is my second year on DataCamp, and I am loving it. The content is great, the videos are informational enough. As for the tasks, they depend on the course you're taking. Some are more helpful than the others.

But overall, a great platform to learn R (or Python, I assume)

I also happen to do SQL assignments from edX course via DataCamp. So I guess the platform is capable of growing outside of R/Python boundaries.

• Duc Pham • Graduate

Instructions are clear and the step-by-step exercises did a great job of easing beginners into learning.

The server can be unstable sometimes which will disconnect the session or automatically log you out when you turn off your computer so a good practice is to submit your work before going on to do other things.

• Rajat Anand

I have been taking DataCamp online courses for R for last 4 months and all the courses are very well strucutred. Every chapter starts from very basics and gradually covers all the topics in-depth. Time flexibility is the biggest advantage of this online platform.