beginex-logo

Beginex

New York City

Beginex

Avg Rating: ( 1 reviews )

Beginex is a part-time, 8-week UX Design bootcamp in New York City. Students will advance their UX skills by applying them to a meaningful real-world problem from a social impact client organization while working under the guidance of expert mentors from companies like Meetup, ThoughtWorks and Google. Each of the 8 weeks is focused on one of the main phases of the UX process including research, user flows & sketching, wireframing, prototyping and user testing. As a part-time course, Beginex meets one evening per week and requires 10-15 hours of work outside of the classroom.

Beginex is selective and applications are processed on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to submit an online application early. In addition to technical UX skills, students will build critical skills such as leadership, team collaboration, presentation, and client management skills throughout the course. Students also receive career support with their UX portfolio and learn job search best practices. Once students graduate from Beginex, they become a part of a growing alumni community and have access to a network of mentors, events, and work opportunities.

Recent Beginex Reviews: Rating

all (1) reviews for Beginex →

Recent Beginex News

• UX Design

User Experience Design
    LocationNew York City
    The 8 weeks is focused on one of the main phases of the UX process including research, user flows & sketching, wireframing, prototyping and user testing.
    Available
    Tuition PlansAvailable
  • Simone • Student • Applicant
    To be clear, I did not attend this bootcamp. This review will explain why.

I'm currently unemployed and decided to take a big leap in pursuing UX design. This review is based on my own vulnerabilities as a person who has no income and feels eager to start a career.

In December of 2020 I spoke to the CEO and founder of this program to learn more about it. In our conversation, he told me the program would start "sometime between late-January to mid-February". I appreciated that it was a small company, with only 4 or so students in each cohort, so I applied. I was never told when I should be expecting to hear from them, so did my best to just wait. It was mid-January by now, and I there hadn't been any clear communication about when exactly the program would start. I took a look on their website and saw under start date, February 24th. I assumed that because this was on their site, it was safe to keep that date in mind. Late January I was told I was accepted into the program, and to look out for a registration email and some pre-course work. I responded right away to let him know I was still interested, and looking forward to getting to work. When I didn't receive an email for a few days, I reached out again and asked when I can expect the email he referred to. He responded and said I "should be receiving it within a few days". That was on a Thursday. When by the following Wednesday I still had not received any word, I gave him a call just to get a sense of what was going on. I left him a voicemail saying that I felt a deep sense of urgency to get started and would appreciate clear communication, since this was a matter of my education and future. I also told him that I completely understood that he was probably carrying a lot at once running this business, but would just appreciate some clarity on the timing of things. When he didn't call back, I sent him an email the following day. Later on, he texted me and, first and foremost told me to be patient. He also said not to worry because the program wasn't starting until March 17th, a whole month after the start date that was on their site. As I have stated, time is of the essence for me since I am currently unemployed. I told him that it was frustrating and, quite frankly, unprofessional for him to casually change the start date without informing anyone. I told him it did not feel like the students were being considered in this process and therefore I wouldn't be proceeding with the program. While this situation was situation was upsetting, and could have in a huge setback for me, it was made worse by the fact that he didn't even have the decency, capacity, or humility to respond when I told him my decision to withdraw from the program. I think that people in working in education have a huge responsibility to support and communicate respectfully with their students, and I am not sure [name redacted} at Beginex is fully aware of that responsibility.