shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (532) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, GitHub
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $299
    • SheCodes Pro

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, GitHub
      SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      6 monthly payments of $249
      “I was really amazed by the content and structure of the course. Combining short, precise "theory" parts with exercises and the possibility to regularly review the content in terms of homework is really great. It perfectly fits with a busy work schedule and I am really keen on keeping learning. But to be honest the greatest benefit is the community: Matt and the whole team are really helpful and it is great to connect with the other students.”
    • Just do it :)
      - 1/15/2021
      I have done many courses on learning how to code. SheCodes is one of the best one I've come across: beautiful and very user friendly onboarding, clear and informative lessons (Mat is a great teacher!), and amazing support on Slack. I highly recommend it :)
      I found this workshop super enjoyable! I had zero coding experience before I signed up to SheCodes. The teaching material is organised in a really intuitive way which, in my opinion, allows users of all experience levels to engage successfully with the topic. It becomes apparent very quickly, once you begin the tutorials, that Matt is not only a very experienced coder, but a very competent teacher too. No regrets! This was a great investment in my personal development and I can't wait to begin the next workshop!
      I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop, truthfully, I am not a complete beginner to coding - so even for someone like me, I felt challenged and engaged the whole way through. Also, I must add how incredibly flexible this course is around a busy life! It was a great experience 🥰
    • SheCodes Workshop
      - 11/20/2020
      I had a really great time in this workshop and it really thought me a lot! It’s really well organized and we are able to learn at our own pace. I absolutely recommend this to anyone who ever wants to get into coding because it’s a great experience.
      SheCodes has really shown me my capabilities and I'm really grateful to participate in this AWESOME workshop. All the tutorials and lessons are top-notch and I love Matt's mission. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend!! If you are looking for a fun and useful skill to learn during quarantine, SheCodes is a must. Happy Coding!
    • SheCodes Workshop
      - 11/1/2020
       “I loved this course! I knew absolutely nothing about coding (or computers at all really) but Matt breaks it down so it's not intimidating and makes it fun and I'm so proud of what I've made! Thanks SheCodes :)”
      I found the workshop to be very informative and fun! While it is ultimately self led, I found that it was broken down in a way that was easy to follow and understand. I never felt overwhelmed during the workshop. The material teaches you and also tests your knowledge through assignments that challenge you to think.

• Amazing experience
      - 6/16/2020
      This was a great beginners course, I really enjoyed learning about HTML, CSS and JavaScript! Matt was a great teacher and taught a lot of helpful tips and tricks!
      I have been coding for three years, but no class, lecture, workshop, or Bootcamp compares to SheCodes. I am very happy with my experience; and I am even more excited to take what I have learned and apply it in my career.
    • Anonymous • Freelance
      Fun workshop to dip your toes into HTML, CSS if you've always been curious as I am. Having some light background knowledge on HTML does help. Gets really interesting once you start your personal project and use code that you're passionate about!
    • Anonymous • Architect • Graduate

I have always been interested in coding and this workshop was essential to understand more about what coding really is. Also, SheCodes is very-well organized and structured and Matt was a very helpful instructor. Not only did I have a really good time, but also, I was able to improve my skills!