path-unbound-logo

Path Unbound

Path Unbound

Path Unbound is a design school offering customized curriculum for each student. Path Unbound’s School of Design Certificate is a 24-48 week flexible, comprehensive design learning program consisting of 9 courses in the areas of UI design, interaction design, design foundation, branding, art direction and visual design. Students will have the chance to build up to 9 portfolio projects with hands-on, personalized coaching in portfolio building, career training, interview prepping and personal branding at the end of the program. In addition, each of Path Unbound’s courses can be taken individually for students and working designers alike to level up on their current skillsets. The popular Portfolio School program can be enrolled as a standalone program for students who came from another education program with gaps in knowledge and in need of additional guidance on their portfolio.

No prerequisite design or IT knowledge is required to apply to courses at Path Unbound.

Recent Path Unbound Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (8) reviews for Path Unbound →

Recent Path Unbound News

• Portfolio School

User Experience Design
    Path Unbound Portfolio School is a 6-12 week intensive program designed to help students creative highly-individualized portfolio with impactful visual design, unique personal branding and strong storytelling component so that they can stand out from a sea of cookie-cutter portfolios produced by other bootcamp graduates.
    Tuition PlansWe have upfront payment and split-in-3 payment plans
    Refund / GuaranteeIf canceled within 48 hours of enrollment, we honor a 90% refund.
    ScholarshipWe have a 50% scholarship for students who identify as People of Color, LGBTQAIA+ and students whose annual income is below 70k, or current college/high school students.
    Minimum Skill LevelStudents need to have basic visual design knowledge.
    Prep WorkStudents can learn basic visual design knowledge at our School of Design program: https://www.pathunbound.com/school-of-design
  • School of Design Certificate

User Experience Design
    OnlinePart Time24 Weeks
    School of Design is a 6-12 months flexible, comprehensive design learning program with 97 units, 287 lessons, 75 assignments, 9 portfolio projects and 47 review sessions with instructors. The School of Design program is customizable to each student’s background and learning goals. It is not one-size-fits-all. Topics cover in this program are extensive, in-depth and comprehensive. We teach students foundational as well as advanced skills in color theories, typography, layouts, UI design, UI animation and interaction, design systems, accessibility, brand design and art direction. Portfolio training is a core part of our program and is included at the end of School of Design. Students coming out of this certificate program are well-positioned to start their career in UI design, visual design, interaction design, communication design, visual design, brand design and art direction.
    Deposit1500 deposit for the deferred tuition agreement and none for other financing options
    Tuition PlansThere are 3 tuition payment options: 1) upfront payment 2) deferred tuition agreement 3) monthly payment
    Refund / Guaranteehttps://www.pathunbound.com/afford/
    ScholarshipWe provide 2 scholarships: 1) diversity and financial need scholarship 2) general financial need scholarship
  • Michael  User Photo
    Michael • Art Director • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I joined this program after completing a Designlab and a General Assembly course for UI and UX respectively. However, upon completion I realized that I needed more helped with forming a cohesive portfolio. Even though I had a few portfolio pieces I really had no idea what to do with them. You can't just slap them together and hope that someone will take interest! This course broke down what a case study is. It also helped me structure my project pieces, organize my website architecture and finally build my portfolio on Webflow.

I would recommend this course for anyone who maybe has a foundation in UI/UX design, but hasn't yet figured out how to piece together a portfolio. However, even if you are just getting started in design there is another course for Visual Design and I recommend doing that one first. Stella was a great mentor that really helped me refine my design skills!
  • Donna  User Photo
    Donna • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After completing 90% of my Designlab UX Design bootcamp, I realized I needed extra guidance creating a portfolio I'm proud of. I was specifically looking to build a portfolio of the quality I need to get the quality job I'm looking for. This course delivers, in a simple to follow (though not easy) process. It's a ton of work that results in an incredible creation that gives me the confidence to apply for those dream jobs!

Stella is a superstar mentor and guide, striking the perfect balance between encouragement and pushing me to be better.
  • Amazing programs
    - 4/8/2021
    Meryl Berman   User Photo
    Meryl Berman • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    In my opinion, I think Path Unbound has come up with many creative programs such as the portfolio school and design school, with multiple skills taught in them both. They cater to both eager-to-learn designers and current designers who want to improve their abilities. I would really recommend them to students looking for programs to enhance their skills.
  • Evleen • Designer
    I was lucky to be the first cohort of pilot students to take the 6 weeks Portfolio Express course, that includes personal branding design and create portfolio website or polish your current site. It is a really GREAT experience and that was exactly what I want to learn. When you register the class, you can clear know your weekly curriculum and you go on your own pace and can go back to re-do the lessons. It also includes lots of good resources.  You can submit your progress/assignment and Stella will give you fast reply of feedback, and you can also book an appointment with her to live chat about your progress or questions. This is really helpful.

Stella is a really good mentor and director that blends design skills and educator. She can help you with the course but also what you need to improve in your industry. If you wanna develop your design skills or polish your personal branding I strongly recommend Path Unbound.
  • Christina L. • Graduate
    I had learned the basics of UI Design from another program, but felt at a loss when it came to creating a portfolio without feeling like an imposter.  The Path Unbound Portfolio School turned out to be exactly what I needed to finally build a portfolio I could be proud of.  This course covers all the key elements needed to create a portfolio from scratch, from the fundamentals of Webflow, to identifying the unique qualities that make you stand out as a designer and developing your personal brand, to bringing everything together visually in a fully functional portfolio site.  Stella has a keen eye for design, and the one-on-one sessions with her were invaluable.  She offered very insightful feedback and guidance.  My background is a probably a bit different from most, and she encouraged me to showcase that side, rather than going with a more cookie-cutter approach.  That’s something I really appreciated, and demonstrates how much she cares about her students succeeding in a way that works for them.  I highly recommend Path Unbound for a personalized and effective learning experience.
  • Kristina • Graduate
    Great organization with courses that are extremely valuable for designers. While the portfolio school is geared mostly towards people relatively new in their field, it is great for both people who are just starting out, and for people who have been in their industry for some time, but want to elevate the way they present their work. The course is demanding, but worth it! The live sessions are invaluable, since they push you forward when you are spinning your wheels and have been staring at your work for too long. Stella is the mentor every designer needs - the perfect blend of educator and graphic designer who knows her industry well, with a no-nonsense approach that will point out where you need to improve. If you need a push to advance as a designer, I definitely recommend Path Unbound. There are also scholarships available, which is great.
  • Carina • Graduate
    I had tried for months to remake my portfolio website on my own - but I kept feeling lost, and unsure of myself, and my portfolio didn't feel like 'me'. Path Unbound was a perfect opportunity. I really enjoyed the buildup to the actual site building, which included identifying my best strengths, creating my own brand, and learning the skills needed to make something look polished. The weekly curriculum and set tasks held me accountable, and Stella had great feedback at every step. Learning Webflow was a great tool that I can add to my resume, and there were great resources at the end of the course. I also appreciated how open Stella was to feedback about the course and has changed certain steps to better help future students.

The only thing I will say is - it was a lot of work. For me, it was definitely more like 3-4 hours a day instead of the estimated 1-2. I'm sure some people would be able to put in the estimated 10 hrs/week and be fine, but I'm not sure I would have completed the course on time if I had a full-time job. That being said, it shouldn't deter you from the course. They were always very understanding with deadlines and if I needed extra time. I highly recommend this program.
  • Erinne • Student
    Path Unbound has a really great free design school! I love that it's self paced and also cover a wide range of design topics like typography, color, branding, as well as UI design and interaction design. There is also a unit on basics and wire-framing. I'm going to sign up for the Portfolio School next because I now have some work I'd like to get out there and start applying for jobs. Thanks Path Unbound!