Path Unbound offers an 8-10 week, self-paced Visual Design bootcamp. Bootcamp lessons are designed by college professors and industry experts, and Path Unbound students receive lifetime access to 15 curriculum units. Access to the Path Unbound Visual Design bootcamp curriculum is free, and students may choose to pay for optional on-demand, mentor-led sessions. Booking one mentor-led exercise review session per unit is recommended and packages are available at a discounted rate.
In the Visual Design bootcamp, students will learn UI design, design layout principles, wireframing, interaction design, UX design, branding, responsive design, typography, logo design, imagery and photo editing, prototyping, and motion graphics design.
No prerequisite design or IT knowledge is required for the Path Unbound Visual Design bootcamp. Purchasing Adobe is recommended for Visual Design bootcamp students.
Path Unbound Visual Design offers on-demand career coaching mentor sessions for an additional hourly fee. Topics including corporate politics, promotion trajectory, and industry insights may be covered.
Recent Path Unbound Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent Path Unbound News
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week6 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $1,699 Class size N/A Location OnlinePath Unbound Portfolio School is a 6-12 week intensive program designed to help students creative highly-individualized portfolio with impactful visual design, unique personal branding and strong storytelling component so that they can stand out from a sea of cookie-cutter portfolios produced by other bootcamp graduates.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans We have upfront payment and split-in-3 payment plans Refund / Guarantee If canceled within 48 hours of enrollment, we honor a 90% refund. Scholarship We have a 50% scholarship for students who identify as People of Color, LGBTQAIA+ and students whose annual income is below 70k, or current college/high school students.
Minimum Skill Level Students need to have basic visual design knowledge. Prep Work Students can learn basic visual design knowledge at our School of Design program: https://www.pathunbound.com/school-of-design Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size N/A Location OnlineIn the Visual Design bootcamp, students will learn UI design, design layout principles, wireframing, interaction design, UX design, branding, responsive design, typography, logo design, imagery and photo editing, prototyping, and motion graphics design.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
Path Unbound Reviews
5 reviews sorted by:
- I'm now proud of my portfolio!- 4/22/2021Donna • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: Portfolio School • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAfter completing 90% of my Designlab UX Design bootcamp, I realized I needed extra guidance creating a portfolio I'm proud of. I was specifically looking to build a portfolio of the quality I need to get the quality job I'm looking for. This course delivers, in a simple to follow (though not easy) process. It's a ton of work that results in an incredible creation that gives me the confidence to apply for those dream jobs!
Stella is a superstar mentor and guide, striking the perfect balance between encouragement and pushing me to be better.
- Amazing programs- 4/8/2021Meryl Berman • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInIn my opinion, I think Path Unbound has come up with many creative programs such as the portfolio school and design school, with multiple skills taught in them both. They cater to both eager-to-learn designers and current designers who want to improve their abilities. I would really recommend them to students looking for programs to enhance their skills.
- Kristina • Graduate • Course: Portfolio School • Campus: OnlineGreat organization with courses that are extremely valuable for designers. While the portfolio school is geared mostly towards people relatively new in their field, it is great for both people who are just starting out, and for people who have been in their industry for some time, but want to elevate the way they present their work. The course is demanding, but worth it! The live sessions are invaluable, since they push you forward when you are spinning your wheels and have been staring at your work for too long. Stella is the mentor every designer needs - the perfect blend of educator and graphic designer who knows her industry well, with a no-nonsense approach that will point out where you need to improve. If you need a push to advance as a designer, I definitely recommend Path Unbound. There are also scholarships available, which is great.
- Couldn't have done it on my own- 6/1/2021Carina • Graduate • Campus: OnlineI had tried for months to remake my portfolio website on my own - but I kept feeling lost, and unsure of myself, and my portfolio didn't feel like 'me'. Path Unbound was a perfect opportunity. I really enjoyed the buildup to the actual site building, which included identifying my best strengths, creating my own brand, and learning the skills needed to make something look polished. The weekly curriculum and set tasks held me accountable, and Stella had great feedback at every step. Learning Webflow was a great tool that I can add to my resume, and there were great resources at the end of the course. I also appreciated how open Stella was to feedback about the course and has changed certain steps to better help future students.
The only thing I will say is - it was a lot of work. For me, it was definitely more like 3-4 hours a day instead of the estimated 1-2. I'm sure some people would be able to put in the estimated 10 hrs/week and be fine, but I'm not sure I would have completed the course on time if I had a full-time job. That being said, it shouldn't deter you from the course. They were always very understanding with deadlines and if I needed extra time. I highly recommend this program.
- Love the course offerings!- 4/2/2021Erinne • Student • Campus: OnlinePath Unbound has a really great free design school! I love that it's self paced and also cover a wide range of design topics like typography, color, branding, as well as UI design and interaction design. There is also a unit on basics and wire-framing. I'm going to sign up for the Portfolio School next because I now have some work I'd like to get out there and start applying for jobs. Thanks Path Unbound!