Recent Isomer Reviews: Rating 4.83
Recent Isomer News
In PersonPart Time9 Hours/week
- Start Date
- Rolling Start Date
- Class size
- Salt Lake City
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
6 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Become a developer.- 2/19/2015Alex • Junior Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Salt Lake City
I first joined Isomer in July 2014 with absolutely no formal training or education related to programming, development, coding, etc. I was a true beginner.
I decided to join Isomer because I wasn't satisfied with what my career was turning into. I managed a few small teams here and there at various call centers and dabbled in a few tech support jobs, but I still didn't have pride in answering the question, "So what do you do?" Isomer was, for me, a means of starting a new career and becoming what I wanted to be.
After the first day, I was instantly addicted to coding. Wesley (the instructor) has a contagious passion for programming that really gets you inspired with a desire to learn more. Yes, it gets tough, and yes, it can become confusing. But, whenever I felt like this was too difficult for me, Wesley always had a story to tell or a quote to give that motivated me to keep on going.
Although there are tons of resources available to you online to learn how to become a developer, Isomer has high value in providing direction, real-world practice and applications to what you learn, and a group to mentor with and ask questions. Being able to get together with other students and work on projects helps you get a taste of what it really means to BE a developer.
Now, 8 months later, I've accepted a full-time position as a Junior Developer with a great company. Thanks to Wesley and Isomer, I can now say proudly that, "I am a developer."
- Learning how to learn- 2/18/2015Eric • Student • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Salt Lake City
When I took the Isomer course I was a cog in the educational machine. I knew the answers... if I could find them in a book. Of course, the real world wasn't like this. The Isomer course immediately changed the way I viewed real world problems. I learned how to break down difficult code problems into manageable pieces and when there was something I couldn't solve, Wesley or the other instructors were always there to help. Wesley's problem solving methodology was so helpful that I found myself solving my friends problems in their normal lives just from learning how to ask the right questions.
There are plenty of online courses that I had used to help me learn how to code but self motivation is not my strong suit. Being a student at Isomer gave me the motivation I needed to learn how to code. With the help of Wesley and the instructors, I built features that I wouldn't have imagined building without being a professional developer.
Joining the Isomer team was like joining the smartest kids in my college classes in an extremelly fun and inspiring environment. Every day I would leave class (hours after the actual end) feeling like I was ahead of the curve. After the course was over I had gained more knowledge and experience in 3 months than I would have after a year studying CS at a university, at a fraction of the price. I am more than happy I made this investment.
- Becoming an Engineer- 2/5/2015Jowanza Joseph • Data Science Analyst • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Salt Lake City
Isomer is focused on training you how to be an engineer. The MEAN framework is the bridge for that but the class is about solving problems with code.
The course requires work outside of class but the material and projects are so interesting that I found myself working on them all the time without stress or complaint.
I would recommend this course to anyone, I wrote an indepth review on my blog that you can read here: http://jowanza.com/post/110137846084/isomer-academy-review
- If you're dedicated, choose Isomer!- 1/21/2015Anonymous • Campus: Salt Lake City
- Incredible Class- 1/19/2015Anonymous • Student • Student • Campus: Salt Lake City
Isomer was a collaborative environment that let any level of programmer learn what it was like to code in the real world. Lessons varied from the basics of code to full stack web development. The real treat though, was getting to work in teams similar to something you will see in a real working environment. I am currently a freshman in college working towards a degree in Software Engineering and I can honestly say that this class gave me a leg up on everyone. Instead of falling behind, I find myself helping my peers with their programming abilities. This is because Isomer didn't just teach me the language and syntax of coding, it taught me how to problem solve and approach real world situations. This class gave me incredible preparation for what programming will be like past the classroom experience, along with collaborative skills that I'll use for the rest of my life.
- Top-Notch! Invaluable experience!- 1/18/2015Kellee • Graduate • Campus: Salt Lake City
Isomer is actually the second bootcamp I attended in the Salt Lake City area and it blew my first bootcamp experience out of the water! In my first bootcamp I was constantly struggling to keep up with the curriculum and fighting the other students over just a moment of the instructors attention. I was always frustrated. At Isomer each lesson was tailored to fit me and made each class productive and rewarding. I didn't need to be frustrated because the teacher to student ratio always allowed me to get answers to my questions right away and individual help. The instructors took the time to recognize and accommodate my learning style which helped me to understand deeper concepts more fully and more quickly. My teachers sat down with me weekly to set goals and review difficult concepts which really made a difference for me because I am often too timid to ask questions in front of a class. I was able to move through the lessons at my own pace which really made my learning experience unbelievably positive. Isomer felt more like a community than a classroom. Working with fellow students in a team on actual projects provided me the real world experience and confidence I needed while perusing my career in web development. After my first bootcamp I still felt intimidated, overwhelmed and under qualified while applying for jobs, after Isomer I actually felt ready and prepared to fill a web development position. The instructors at Isomer really care and invest a lot of time and effort in the progression of the students. Isomer really set me on track for success as a web developer. Thanks Isomer!