clever-programmer-logo

Clever Programmer

Clever Programmer

Clever Programmer offers a 32-week, online Full Stack Mastery bootcamp. Full Stack Mastery bootcamp students will learn data structures, algorithms, front end user interface programming, and back end databases. Students will complete a capstone coding project as part of a team in which they will set benchmarks, design and plan code, and ship out a complete project.

No prior technical experience is required to apply for the Clever Programmer Full Stack Mastery bootcamp. To apply, potential students should schedule a time to talk with a Clever Programmer admissions specialist.

Clever Programmer bootcamp students will receive career assistance, including how to write cover letters, mock interview practice, salary negotiation, and direct contact with recruiters upon graduation. Full Stack Mastery students will also learn soft skills in areas, including communication, writing, and business.

Recent Clever Programmer Reviews: Rating 2.57

all (7) reviews for Clever Programmer →

Recent Clever Programmer News

• Full Stack Mastery Bootcamp

Algorithms, CSS, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, React.js
    OnlinePart Time32 Weeks
    Full Stack Mastery Bootcamp students will learn data structures, algorithms, front end user interface programming, and back end databases. Students will complete a capstone coding project as part of a team in which they will set benchmarks, design and plan code, and ship out a complete project.
    Coach Financing
    Climb Credit
    In House Financing
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous experience required to apply.
  • Dan Smith  User Photo
    Dan Smith • Learning Designer • Student Verified via GitHub
    I am a masters-level educator with 15+ years experience language education, e-learning, and learning design, so I can tell you with a great deal of professional experience, DO NOT pay for this bootcamp. Looking back, all of these red flags should have kept me from trudging along for as long as I did, and I'm ashamed that I was duped in this way, so please heed my advice based on the things explained below:
    • The bootcamp was disorganized and incoherent from the beginning and offered no added value to simply following YouTube channels and self-motivated learning for free.
    • The promised individual feedback and coaching help was non-existent and those of us with little to no experience were often left behind or left to get help from classmates instead of instructors.
    • The course had a few intermediate to advanced students who ended up becoming TAs without pay and ended up teaching me more than the instructors did.
    • There is NO organized curriculum or training for instructors and the communication amongst instructors is non-existent. No syllabus was given.
    • Our first instructor left the company (for a competitor) but he often came to class unprepared (reading the ppt slides for the first time during the class) and rarely graded homework or exams.
    • The result of the instructor leaving the company caused our cohort to combine with another cohort and their experience was even worse than ours, so we inherited an even worse experience.
    • The teachers would show up late constantly and even missed some classes. When a substitute was arranged, they had no clue where we were in the curriculum and sometimes even taught things completely different from where we thought we were in the program.
    • I was originally told the bootcamp would last 6-8 months with the last two months or so being focused on the final project, but the course was already looking to be extended to 10 months or even a year because of their lack of a focused and organized learning path and a lack of trained instructors.
    • I only made it about 4 months in because of the cohort setback and combined cohorts. I felt like my money and time was being wasted SO much and combined with more than a dozen students from both cohorts, we petitioned refunds for each of us.
    • One positive: Qazi reached out to each of us individually to hear exactly how we felt about our experience (though unfortunately way too late) and took notes repeating much of what I said or suggested to show he was listening. I don't know how much of that was a part of the scam-artist training he has received, but we were later turned over to his lawyers and are no longer allowed to speak with CP directly.
    • However, in the end the complaints had been coming in for several weeks from both cohorts, but they were initially ignored completely or dismissed in the form of gaslighting: "Slow is fast" "Don't worry, you're going to learn it, but you have to put in the effort" "Google it if you don't understand", etc. These all sound like simple enough advice, but eventually it became clear that they were excuses used to hide their lack of organization and training and dismiss their need to create a clear learning path with regular training and communication amongst instructors.
      • "Slow is fast" === "We don't have a pacing schedule and we have no plan for giving you any feedback in a timely manner"
      • "Don't worry...effort" === "We don't know how you're going to learn it except to go watch our free YouTube tutorials, but thanks for giving us $15k+ to learn something you could have gotten for free"
      • "Google it" === "We have no formal training in how to teach, train, or instruct, and there is no cohesive plan of learning, so go ahead and look it up yourself"
    There are FAR better bootcamps out there with a vetting system in place for students, contracts that explicitly state the relationship of student requirements and instructor promises, so you know what you're getting and where they will lead. Pay for those bootcamps. At its current state, this bootcamp has no clear learning path nor properly trained instructors. They need to invest in Learning Designers, Instructor Trainers (with experience and certifications in education), and slow their enrollment or this company will go under VERY quickly.
  • Simon  User Photo
    Simon • Student Verified via GitHub
    I recently graduated from the march-cohort. I was in tutorial hell before joining the boot camp and my goal was to have several independent projects on my resume. Now I have independently completed 1 frontend project and 1 full-stack project and getting more comfortable building projects from scratch. The 7-month program was divided into algorithms, frontend (pure javascript and react), full-stack(Node.js, Express, and MongoDB), and a group capstone project. Daniel, who taught us algorithms, was extremely experienced in introducing different ways to solve a problem. He even made a series of videos to walk us through problem-solving. Jessy, who also taught us algorithms at the beginning of our program, has a highly structured teaching technique. She always emphasizes key concepts for each topic, so it is easy for important terminologies to drain in your head. After I graduated, I also had a one on one resume review session with Jessy, she went through my resume line by line and word by word. I ended up getting a ton of notes and screenshots for how to modify my resume. Tanner, who taught us frontend and full-stack development, is the most patient and experienced teacher I have ever seen. He answers every single question and helps us troubleshoot our code. There was countless time I went to him after getting stuck in my code for days. I always ended up getting solutions and new ways to implement a feature.
     I also think the boot camp can do better by providing students with more formal sessions to create personal projects. I learned a lot from the final group capstone project, especially git in team workflow. Still, a team project can be hard to refactor when you want to make it better to put on your resume since you always need everybody on the same page, which is not always possible.
  • Melissa B. • Free Lance web designer • Graduate

Clever programmer was the best thing at ever happened to me. Not only did they teach me to code and hold my hand every step of the way (1:1 meeting, texts, calling, check up emails, and  tweaking my resume) They helped me build the confidence i needed to go out and help others and truly explore a career field that I never thought was possible! I truly owe Naz, Lem, Qazi, Jessy, Luc, Frankie, Amaanath alot for helping me through this whole process. I was so unsure I could actually learn to code , actually learn multiple coding languages and build actual projects: but they helped me though everything. I am not only part of the Profit with Javascript courses i successfully graduated with the January cohort w/ the fullstack mastery bootcamp. Thank you guys for helping me and still helping me though everything. I know i still have more to learn , always will but it gives me great comfort to know you guys are backing me and if I need you i can reach out to you. Not only are you my favorite bootcamp/ teachers you all have also become my friends. I truly truly appreciate you all ! love you team CP!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 Let's GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stephanie S • Student
    If I could give this place zero stars I would. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional, shady, terrible company. I started classes in June. The instructor was pretty horrible. Was always unprepared, sent us students into breakout rooms for everything. The curriculum is horrible. Theres no way I can get through the program without doing my OWN extensive research. I has reached out to one of the people(NAZ) who works for CP and he didn’t respond. I reached out to the owner(Qazi) of CP and no response as well. It wasn’t until I wrote a bad review on trust pilot that I got a response from Naz. We set up a zoom call and I agreed to switching to another class. For a moment I thought things were good only to fully realize that their curriculum and how things are taught is subpar. Topics are brushed over and then we have to figure the rest out. We were giving a test and other people struggled as well but at that point it was time for the next topic so whatever we didn’t understand we just have to figure it out on our own. I have two people contact me about the program and the stuff I heard was crazy. One person was from my June class and multiple people felt the same way and wrote a petition to get their money back. I contacted Naz stating my issues once again and demanding a refund. We set up a phone call for him to tell me a refund was not possible because of the 14-day policy. I knew that this was not true because 2 others on that petition got a refund. They can refund if they want to. They told lies to the other students about how they will go bankrupt if they refund everyone who petitioned. The conversation ended with me saying that I would think about returning to live classes. After I decided to contact the students in my current class to see what they thought about the program. I just wanted to know their experience no matter if it was good or bad. I made sure to say that it was not created to bash the program, it was to have an open discussion amongst the students. Well soon after, Naz found out that I had contacted students and kicked me out of the slack channel. So I am STILL paying, NO refund, and I can’t access the live class zoom links, students, or teachers. I realized this when I noticed a notification from Naz. He sent me a message through slack. I only read the first sentence because I swiped on it right when I saw it and that was when I realized. I couldn’t even access the message he sent me. It was never a discussion. I think its extremely horrible for me to be kicked out of it when I’m still paying for it. Also Qazi, the owner, NEVER responded to me. I have contacted him 3 separate times and he has not got back to me once. Please NEVER sign up for ANY Clever Programmer program EVER! You will 100% regret it. Please save your 15K and learn coding yourself. You will find thousands of youtube videos better than any CP class.
  • DONT DO IT
    - 10/21/2021
    Jackie
    This is a warning to everyone joining this bootcamp, DONT DO IT.

They claim they’re the best bootcamp ever and claim to make so much money, but matter of fact is they’re a scam. They’re going to take your 15k/20k depending how much they even charge you and use their “resources” such as their crappy teaching, their lateness and their lies and so much more as a way to get away with charging so much.

This goes to say this bootcamp started in January and they only charged 7,000 and now since I joined in July they upcharged to 15k/20k (it varies from student to student when I asked). They also merged two cohorts (June and July) when a teacher left. And our own instructor left to teach another cohort without letting us know firsthand.

They sold everyone lies claiming that what they’re doing this for “us”, when you can clearly tell they don’t care.

I’m stuck in this bootcamp because they could not refund a whole cohort (12 of us) as they said they would be “bankrupt”. They only refunded a select few and I’m stuck paying a bootcamp who has no interest in you as a developer and only an interest in your money.

STAY AWAY. Do not invest in this company/bootcamp. They do not care.
    - 7/7/2021
    Joshua Samaniego • Software Engineer • Graduate
    I would very much recommend Clever Programmer's Fullstack Mastery bootcamp! I was a part of their first cohort and they've done a fantastic job at maintaining close relationships with their students, while growing their student body. The best part is that they know how to teach adult learners very well, and they're honest with you about the upcoming trials and tribulations bound to meet every student on their journey. Yet, they work very hard to aide their students along the way via technical help or mental/emotional support. So, as long as you're honest with yourself and you put in the work, Clever Programmer will get you where you need to go as a developer!
  • DO NOT DO IT.
    - 10/24/2021
    I am disappointment and the unfulfilled structure of this bootcamp. I was given an overview of the materials and concepts of what would be taught and since then there has been no structure. We learn a few topics then jump back and forth between concepts. Since I have started there has no been no follow up on homework or any projects we have done. All of the homework they are giving us as students are  FREE !  The teachers are a hit or miss. They either show up or not, and if the teachers are not able to attend class there is a fill in sub that teaches us nothing! There have been times where the teachers have forgotten they have to teach class and showed up 30 or more minutes late. We are constantly having new teachers. The lack of communication is beyond me. When having a question or wanting to talk to the teachers on the side they take a week or more to respond.  I don’t feel like the money I am paying is worth it. I am highly dissatisfied. I’ve tried talking to the bootcamp to see if they are willing to meet me half-way but they have refused to help and refund me money.

I was not the only student that felt this way so we spoke to the CP team regarding all of the issues and wrote a petition because again this was not what was promised and failed to deliver for the services I thought I would be paying for.

Qazi said if the refund all the students that were unhappy (12+) they will go bankrupt

Yet they have live event tours and charge for this Bootcamp (15/21K) depending who you ask ?! It Varys I guess I depends on how much money they can get you for

People are now having to pay for this with nothing in return because he doesn’t want to go bankrupt !

Because there was no resolution on trying to get a refund we were suppose to have a follow up meeting regarding the refund. He since then has not responded to my questions asking when the meeting will take place. He closed out the chat down. I also message him and naz personally asking what time is the meeting and have yet to hear from them.