zip-code-wilmington-logo

Zip Code Wilmington

Wilmington

Zip Code Wilmington

Zip Code Wilmington offers two full-time, 12-week bootcamp programs focused on Java and Data Engineering and Analytics in Wilmington, Delaware. Founded in 2015, Zip Code Wilmington gives students the technical, interpersonal and leadership skills needed to secure a competitive job in technology and increase their earning potential. Students attend classes Monday through Friday and put in between 80-100 hours a week.

The core Java program teaches object-oriented programming, design patterns, Git, test driven development, project management methodologies, and clean coding principles.

Our Data Engineering and Analytics program, launched in March 2020, focuses on data engineering methods and processes, database setup, and R programming with an introduction to Python.

In addition to technical training, over the course of 12 intense weeks, students will participate in professional development workshops which include resume writing, networking and mock interviewing.

Zip Code Wilmington instructors are highly skilled programmers with industry experience building real, scalable software. From startups to Fortune 500’s, Zip Code Wilmington partners with a host of companies in the surrounding area including M&T Bank, JPMorganChase, CSC, Guru and Marlette Funding. After completion of the program, Zip Code Wilmington assists with placing qualified graduates into a full-time role at a partner company.

Zip Code Wilmington looks for passionate self-starters with grit, tenacity and a fierce love of problem-solving. While previous coding experience is not required, we recommend that applicants familiarize themselves with the languages and start preparing early. The admissions  process consists of an online application, timed coding assessment, interactive group activity and in-person interview. Students pay $3,000 once accepted into the program and the remaining balance is paid by corporate partners if hired for a direct-hire job, along with completing 26 work weeks of employment with the company. Zip Code Wilmington offers financial assistance through scholarships and stipends for qualified candidates, including active duty service members, their spouses, reservists and veterans.

Recent Zip Code Wilmington Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (64) reviews for Zip Code Wilmington →

Recent Zip Code Wilmington News

Read all (17) articles about Zip Code Wilmington →
  • Data Engineering & Analytics

R, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Python
    LocationWilmington
    Deposit3,000
    ScholarshipZip Code Wilmington offers needs-based scholarships and stipends to income qualifying candidates.
  • Java

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Java
    LocationWilmington
    Deposit$3,000
    Refund / GuaranteeIf the student finishes the course and completes a paid 6 months apprenticeship with one of our partner organizations, the parter organization will cover the remaining $10,000 cost of the students tuition.
    Prep Work80-150 hours
  • Tyrell's Review
    - 1/19/2017
    Tyrell Hoxter  User Photo
    Tyrell Hoxter • Javascript/typescript/angular developer at comcast • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    My experience with zipcode was tough but beyond worth it. Its really a family in the long run and i owe them for the opportunity to shine. You cant go wrong choosing them.
  • The place to be!
    - 2/3/2021
    Hillary • Graduate
    Zip Code was a great experience. It was tough- definitely a bootcamp with long hours, but the quality of students and staff is incredible. It is not only a high quality education, but there is genuine care shown by all. I felt like I wasn't learning anything (or enough) because it was difficult, but once interview week rolled around with Zip Code's business partners, I realized a lot of things had really clicked! You'll feel inundated with information, but stuff is sticking! One example of the fantastic technical prep is Spring Boot: we gained a great foundation in using this tool, which is a definite plus for an entry level coder. Something else that sets Zip Code apart is its focus on professional development. It's not just about crushing technical questions/white boarding, but it's also about knowing how to carry yourself, work on a team, and do well on the behavioral aspect of interviews. A great investment of money and 3 months of time. If you're ready to apply yourself for a big life change, this is where it's at!
  • Lauren Green • Data Scientist • Graduate

I was a teacher for 14 years and ready for a new challenge, but intimidated by making a drastic career change and unsure where to start.  Zip Code alleviates so many of these issues.  If you enjoy coding and are willing to give up 3+ months to work as hard as you ever have, then you will be rewarded with amazing opportunities.

Not only does Zip Code give you a solid foundation in Java and Object Oriented Programming, even more importantly it prepares you to get a job through mock interviews, resume work, and many corporate partners.  If you are willing to work, do what they ask of you, take advantage of every opportunity provided to you to practice and learn, then you will have a new career.

• Ned • Full-Stack Software Developer • Graduate

I cannot express how thankful I am to ZCW's instructors and staff for helping me get where I have been trying to go for the past few years. Not only will they teach you the core Java and CS skills you need to succeed, they will put you in front of employers so that you have a chance to show what you know.

There is one catch. ZCW has a 90+% job placement average, but they do not guarantee placement. To be on the better chunk of that statistic, you have to be dedicated to spending 12+ hours each day to studying, coding, and working on your resume. If you don't study, you will not be able to impress a hiring manager with your ZCW-imparted knowledge. If you don't code, you will have no projects to talk about in your interviews and no practical experience to reinforce your study. If you don't work on your resume, you may not even get an interview.

If you want to go through ZCW, you have to be prepared to put in the work. You have to let your friends and family know up front that you will be busy turning your life around. And at the end, if you dedicate yourself to becoming a real software developer, you will come out the other side with the skills to succeed, and you will be in that 90+%.

• Brandon Defrancis • Full Stack Developer • Graduate
    This boot camp does an amazing job teaching you the essentials for a software developer position. Possibly one of the best decisions I have made, truly life changing!
  • Corinne Winarski • Java Developer • Graduate

Zip Code is an amazing bootcamp. The entire staff pride themselves in helping you grow not only in coding but also in networking, interviewing, and resume writing. Before coming to the program I was working in retail and felt stuck. I then applied and went to Zip Code and now I am Java Developer at JP Morgan with worlds of possibilities ahead of me. If you are determined and want to be in the field of software engineering then this is the bootcamp for you. It changed my life and it will change yours too.

• Worth It
    - 6/5/2018
    Katrice • Software Engineer • Graduate

Let me first say, that before you get into the program you are challenged. I was intrigued to apply a year before because an alumni recognized herself as a artist prior to joining Zip Code and that fit my narrative to a "T"! The entry work to get in was definitely challenging for me but every question I had for the staff was answered with a sense of urgnecy and importance it gave me so much confidence to push through the challenges!

When arriving to Zip Code you are constantly reminded about how hard you worked to get there (which is true but can be easily forgotten because of the material). There are instructors from all different levels of knowledge that stay late as well as Alumni that come in to make sure like them, you graduate and truly understand the information. The staff are also there for discussions about what may be challenging you to come up with action plans to help you move forward.

You also become a family with those in your cohort, and to me, it didn't seem like I was a number or a dollar sign to the staff or the instructors. They really wanted you to learn the content and when I got an offer they celebrated with me like I was family.

This program is not easy but you don't want easy, I hope that's why you are reading this. Easy won't get you the career you need. To sum up my experience: It puts a fire inside of you and shows mentally you can get through anything! The skills and relationships I've acquired are priceless and I'm so grateful I had the help of Zip Code to better my life.

Zuul.

• Highly Recommend
    - 6/2/2018
    Kay Fennimore • Software Engineer • Student

Zip Code is an amazing program that I would recommend to anyone looking to get into software development. This 3 month accelerated course will change your life. I selected this program because of the  curriculum and the success rate of their graduates and it did not disappoint.

The actual experience is intense but rewarding and I made some amazing lifelong connections who will all be working in the same field as myself - the network that Zip Code comes with is vast and impressive. If you have the opportunity to apply and attend Zip Code, don’t hesitate!

• Daniel H • Software Engineer • Graduate

i was doing a career 180 and after a lot of due diligence, Zip Code was the “boot camp” I selected to help me break into the software development field.  It was one of the best decisions I have ever made!  This was an intense, immersive experience that you go through with your classmates, instructors, staff and alumni.  You quickly realize the level of knowledge, caring and commitment that everyone has to your success.  I would recommend this program to anyone seriously pursuing a career as a technologist!

• Andrea • Graduate

Zip Code was the best and hardest experience of my life. The interview process and the program are both very challenging and intense but, if you are determined and motivated to succeed, Zip Code provides you with the opportunity that is needed to learn how to code proficiently and to find a career in software development. The best parts of Zip Code are the connections you make with cohort peers, staff, alumni, and professionals in the tech field and its curriculum not only helps you to be a great programmer but helps you become a better you. It truly is a special and unique bootcamp.

I did not have a background in coding (I came from the education field) but I was serious about making it into Zip Code, graduating, and finding a programming job. So, I took a year to save money and to study for the entrance exam. I would recommend a similar approach to any person serious about applying.

• Phenomenal
    - 9/15/2017
    Dennis Kalaygian • Software Engineer • Graduate

Zip Code Wilmington is much more than a crash course in software development. In addition to the technical knowledge and professional guidance that the staff strives to provide each and every student with (which redefined my expectations for bootcamps in general), students are also introduced to a network of developers, consisting of both alumni and professionals (and both, for that matter). The overall experience was incredibly challenging, as attendees are expected to go from presumably no experience in the industry to a professional level in three months. But the staff really helps to both instill confidence and reassure individuals throughout the process.  I liked coding before I started, but by the end of the program it became a passion of mine. I owe a big part of that to this experience, and I hope to see this wonderful program gain traction. I now have a job doing what I love at a great company with awesome people. While I credit a good portion of that to hard work, it would not have been possible without Zip Code. If you're genuinely interested in software development and a career in the industry, I can't recommend this program enough.