World Tech Makers
Recent World Tech Makers Reviews: Rating 4.24
Recent World Tech Makers News
Part-time Comienza el 16 de octubre al 15 de diciembre En español.
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Guadalajara, Sao Paulo, Mexico City, Bogotá, Barcelona, Medellín
- 3,000 USD
- Minimum Skill Level
- No necesita experiencia previa
- Placement Test
World Tech Makers Reviews
22 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Open Doors of succes.- 5/7/2018Roberto Martinez • Account Manager • Graduate • Course: Full-stack web development bootcamp • Campus: Mexico City • Verified via LinkedIn
Hello all, my name is Roberto Martinez. I from mexico, and i took one of the bootcamps with world tech makers a year ago. I was in mexico few years ago with the idea of give another way to my life and i decided to try the programing side. i was looking around and everything was expensive and i wasnt sure if i was good enought to give that money. one day looking around i found some advertisement from world tech makers and they were offering me the same class program for way cheaper. i tood the classes and i get in love of programing. today i live in europe and i work for an international company i keep in touch with my classmates and ilana the founder of world tech... i just loved and i tottaly recomend it...
please feel free to contact me if you need to know alittle bit more about this experience.
- Colaboradora- 9/2/2017Naomi Aguilar
- Intro a React- 8/22/2017Gerlis Alvarez Cardona • Desarrollador • Course: Bootcamp Frontend • Campus: Bogotá
- Excelente introducción a React- 8/22/2017CARLOS NAVARRO • .Net Senior Developer • Campus: Medellín
Fue una muy buena charla para iniciar con React, la exposición clara, el presentador tuvo la capacidad y disposición para responder todo tipo de preguntas, no sé si sería por problemas con el canal pero la visualización del código en YouTube podría mejorarse para no requerir tanto zoom. Espero gustoso la charla de mañana para continuar aprendiendo. Muchas gracias!
- They don't know what they're doing- 11/17/2016Dave • Campus: Bogotá
I contacted Illana about registering for a course in Colombia, and after their website booking appointment app failed, I had to find and email her personally to get another interview.
I was interested in the course, ready to relocate continents (from Europe) and was told I'd be getting a follow up email with information.
Nothing came. Nada. I emailed her and said this (screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/n59oce4vBGj6):
Ilana,I'm pretty disappointed that you never sent any information or followed up with me after the call. I showed considerable interest in the program and was ready to sign up - and temporarily move to Colombia, but you never followed up.I ended up enrolling with a bootcamp in the US, and I'll be starting in January - my business could have been yours but for some reason you decided to neglect me.Hopefully this doesn't happen to other potential candidates.Dave**This is the reply I received***Thank you David :)****end**
I can't believe this is how this company does business. Ridiculous.
- De usuario a creador de tecnologia- 11/8/2016Carlos Jaramillo • firstname.lastname@example.org • Graduate
- Full Stack Web Developer- 11/7/2016Ricardo Trejos • Full Stack Web Developer • GraduateExcelente experiencia con el Bootcamp, mi profesión es ingeniero civil, y este Bootcamp cambio mi enfoque y ahora tengo un mejor trabajo y día a día trabajo en lo que es mi pasión. De verdad cambiar mi profesión mejoro mi estilo de vida y mi felicidad. Toma riesgos y vive una vida de creador de tecnología.
- WTM opens doors the digital world- 11/7/2016Jesica Gómez
- Learning by doing- 9/20/2016Juan David Montoya Polanco • product owner • Graduate • Campus: Bogotá
I applied to this bootcamp when i see it was backed by the World Bank and several local organizations. My interes was to learn to program so i could complement my others skills and also be able to develop my ideas.
The methology was fast paced, you have to be alert and be active to learn properly. If you fail to adapt to this you will fail in the course.
- Excellent Experience.- 9/20/2016Kevin Rojas • Web developer. • Student • Course: Full-stack web development bootcamp • Campus: Bogotá
- Great Experience!- 9/20/2016Yonny Alexander Quiceno • Backend developer • Graduate
I think that the program gives the required tools to develop web apps from scratch, and really can open the doors to the development world for anyone with the passion and desire to learn that it takes.
- Bootcampweb an awesome experience- 9/20/2016Maria Paulina • Frontend Developer • Graduate
I had the opportunity of been taught for three months on the expertice of Ruby on Rails, one of the most popular framework around the world and create a product based on the knowledge adquired ... It was an amazing experience suitable for any person, with or without any experience on develope. At the end what counts is the effort and passion you put in everything you learn. Thanks to WTM team for being a support an giving us the tools for being the future Makers
- Awesome Experience- 7/24/2016Rafael Izidoro • Ruby Developer - Instructor • Graduate • Course: Full-stack web development bootcamp • Campus: Sao Paulo
I came to World Tech Makers after knowing Ilana in a local Ruby community group in Brazil. She told me about her awesome project, and ask me to tech on the first online Brazil class. I accepted right away.
Be a part of the first class was a tremendous experience in my life. Ilana is a very dedicated person, and was really enjoying experience to work with her.
I had the opportunity to know awesome people with great startup ideas.
After the class, many students got into the market as a Ruby on Rails developer, which is very rewarding.
World Tech Makers is a game changer for people who wants to learn how to program.
- Practical, connected, friendly- 7/23/2016Diana Acevedo • Graduate • Course: Full-stack web development bootcamp • Campus: Bogotá
I graduated from World Tech Makers last year and learned how to code web apps. The program was intense and the instructors know what they are doing - they all have years of experience in the industry and are the organisers of Ruby Conference, the largest Ruby on Rails event in Colombia. The bootcamp starts with a 1 week phase called prepwork then continues with front-end technologies (CSS, JS, jQuery, HTML) and Ruby/logic. Around week 5, comes rails and everything is project-based learning, so the contents are practical, easy to digest. You have to practice outside of the classroom and the instructors match the theoretical knowledge with coding challenges or other learning/practical evidence. The network World Tech Makers has is pretty impressive - you can reach out to people who built Rails in Chicago and also get connected to the top accelerators in the world. You can receive mentorships from entrepreneurs from organisations like Endeavor or startup owners in Silicon Valley who run startups themselves. You can get job offers at Globant, Imaginamos, Huge, Microsoft, Koombea or local startups also connected to them. A lot of what you get is what you are willing to put in hours of work and of being proactive. I think students would get more value if they had the option of start connecting with companies since the beginning. Many people are not comfortable networking for themselves specially in an industry where they are new. Also, because the program is part-time or fulltime (class and platform online), some students advance faster than others and the instructors need to follow up with all. Maybe opening weekend sessions for those who cannot put the hours outside of class? Other than that, I am very happy with the program and how it changes you.
- The best coding bootcamps in the region- 7/23/2016Maria del Mar Jaramillo • Anastasia Ecothique Founder • Course: Full-stack web development bootcamp • Campus: Bogotá
I came across World Tech Makers when I met its founder Ilana Milkes. Ilana is also a Global Shaper, one of the largest networks of young people changing the world. I was invited to become a mentor at the organisation and have been able to help students from all walks of life and different parts of the world: Colombia (Medellin, Bogota, Barranquilla, Cali), Brazil, Germany and Chile. Building any type of organization in emerging markets is difficult, specially when you are a woman. The startup has received national and international recognition for the quality of its programs, the quality of its team and the quality of its software products - from MassChallenge (winners) to being backed by investors like Tim Draper based in Silicon Valley. More than a praise about the organisation´s work, I want to invite students looking for coding bootcamps in the region to take a closer look at what World Tech Makers has accomplished in two years, and the lives of the students Ilana and her team have changed for the better.
- Great experience!!!- 7/23/2016Felipe Campos • Student • Course: Full-stack web development bootcamp • Campus: Bogotá
I had the opportunity to know the work of World Tech Makers last July 24, 2014 to enroll in the program face bootcamps for beginners. In a few months, I took Tarefa, an application, now startup, which has led me to travel the world, impacting more than 100,000 users teaching my passion - mathematics. I managed to generate much traction and close sales as well as foreign investment that has transformed my way of seeing and experiencing the world.
Prior to programming bootcamp, I had no technical knowledge to allow me to create software. However, throughout the course, I acquired knowledge not only led me to create technology but also to undertake. After finishing the program, he continued support, contributing to my acceptance to the Startup Chile program, positioning my brand at the regional level - with offices in Chile and Brazil.
Despite having less than 2 years, World Tech Makers has proven to be a high-impact startup after training more than 150 people at the regional level. Its capacity for innovation is demonstrated by their Digital Native products, Bootcamps Online, Peace Maker, Remote and Free Games Series.
I'm sure Makers World Tech will continue to impact the lives of millions of people in the future and recommend the tangible and actual work carried out by the startup. I hope you see the potential I saw in this organization for both World Tech Makers positioning as the development of the region.
- From designer to Maker- 7/20/2016Daniel Diaz • Graduate • Course: Full-stack web development bootcamp • Campus: Bogotá
I took the bootcamp full stack it was the best learning experience. I am one of the 400 students they have instructed. After the bootcamp they have been helping me with conections of organizations like Mass Challenge since they won that contest. They have been working with organizations like local goberment here in Colombia and privet sector.
- Awesome Community- 7/19/2016Juan David Reyes • Student • Campus: Bogotá
I've had the pleasure of being an alumni of the first generation of WTM. The bootcamp was pioneer in my country (Colombia) and was the perfect opportunity of being part of a vibrant community of students and great mentors. That's what I value the most, I was connected with John Contreras an experienced developer who was so helpful in my learning process.
The instructors were amazing, seriously. Andrés (developer at Globant) and Guille (Rails core member!!!), were an incredible guide and patient people resolving my doubts. Last but not least, the selection of people that become your friends on the learning path are the best way to keep you motivated and good peer-pressure to improve everyday.
- Student- 5/16/2016Anonymous • Graduate • Campus: Santiago
- Horrible, horrible, horrible- 2/22/2016Anonymous • Student • Campus: Santiago
There are many bootcamps for you to choose from and there is absolutly no reason to choose this one. In expereienced instructors, unresponsive management and almost purely zero organization. This is one of the few organizations that atcually brings a healthy dose of negiative influence to the wonderful field of web development.
- Fantastic experience- 7/22/2016Anonymous • Student • Course: Full-stack web development bootcamp • Campus: Sao Paulo