uw-coding-boot-camp-logo

UW Coding Boot Camp

UW Coding Boot Camp

UW Coding Boot Camp offers 24-week, part-time, and 12-week, full-time web development courses in Seattle and Bellevue. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, Heroku, Git, and Java.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the program is part-time, UW Coding Boot Camp is designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 12 or 24-week coding bootcamp, students have access to career-planning services, portfolio and resume reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, one-on-one coaching, and more. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development.

UW Coding Boot Camp is powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U Inc. Brand.

Recent UW Coding Boot Camp Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (27) reviews for UW Coding Boot Camp →

Recent UW Coding Boot Camp News

• Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time

Rolling Start Date
      Seattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course offered through the UW Professional & Continuing Education in Seattle, WA. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students will build a portfolio of web applications to showcase their knowledge and benefit from a wide range of career services to position them for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development.
      Interview
    • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Bellevue)

Seattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
      Interview
    • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Seattle)

Seattle
      University of Washington Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.

• Catherine • Graduate

I just completed the part time coding boot camp. What an experience! I learned a lot, forgot some, learned some more. I already had some coding experience coming into this, so I hit the ground running, but even those who did not have any experience were prepared by the boot camp's pre-work. I appreciated that the instructor and TAs have industry experience because we could learn about their insights into the industry in addition to the coding knowledge. Some of the curriculum could be updated to suit current industry trends, but overall it provided a great base for future learning. After all, this is an industry where you have to keep learning. Career services are as good as you choose to make them. I wish there was more in person support, but I understand that remote services are much more cost effective, and we all know how big of an investment these boot camps are! Obviously I can't compare to any other boot camp, but I can say that I had a great experience, and I would recommend this boot camp to others.

Tuesday, Jun 11 2019
      Way to go, Catherine! We're thrilled you benefited from our knowledgeable instructional team and received helpful industry insights. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review and feedback! All the best as you move forward.
    • Vahe Minasyan  User Photo
      Vahe Minasyan • Project Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The UW Coding Bootcamp gave me a great start in the programming. They offered part-time programm which worked well with my schedule. Their curruculum is comprehensive, staff supportive and interested in your success. It's a good place to start if you have zero or low coding skills.

Wednesday, Jun 26 2019
      Thanks, Vahe! We're thrilled you benefited from the program's flexible schedule and enjoyed our entire team's support. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck moving forward!
    • Believe the hype
      - 6/17/2019
      Clinton Brodar  User Photo
      Clinton Brodar • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I am a current part-time student in the Full-Stack Flex program.  When I entered the program, the only experience I had with coding was a couple video tutorial on HTML I had watched a couple years ago.  We quickly surpassed that knowledge within the first class.

I struggled at first.  It had been awhile since I was last in school and making the adjustment to the schedule itself was difficult.  Combing working 40 hours a week with late nights downtown two nights a week and an early Saturday morning class threw a torando into my usual routine.  Adjustments had to made. Sacrifices to my personal time were essential.  I spent the first few weeks finding extra pockets of time throughout my week to work on homework and reviewing in-class assignments.

But throughout all of this, I always felt like I was surrounded by an amazing support team.  My teachers, tutors and TA's were always willing to help me out in a way that made me feel a little more confident.  After a few weeks, I looked back and noticed how confident I was in the material I had learned in the weeks prior.

A piece of advice I would give anyone who is starting out on this program: if you have time, always attempt to do the more difficult homework once you have finished the easier one.

One of the first assignments was to build a role-playing game using Javascript.  Up to this point, I had been doing the easy assignments which had been just fine.  For this one, I decided to try the harder version.  I cannot express how difficult I found doing this.  I spent hours and hours researching, reading documentation and watching video tutorials and still was not able to get it to work.  However, in the following weeks, I found myself actually using a lot of the functions and methods I had already researched for RPG assignment.

This has been one of the lessons I have slowly been learning throughout the program.  While it can be frustrating in the moment when you keep trying different things and getting the same results, there is no such thing as wasting time, as long as you are coding.  Always be coding.

Currently, I am a little over halfway through the program and I have already built an entire web application.  I'm using words and phrases in my daily life that never would have crossed my mind just a few months ago.  I am looking forward to completing this program and would higly recommend it to anyone that is interested in development.

Tuesday, Jun 18 2019
      Thank you for sharing your current boot camp experience, Clinton!  It takes hard work to balance the material, so we applaud all the dedication you have committed thus far. We're happy to hear you've benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and appreciate the helpful advice you provided for prospective students. We're rooting you on as you continue towards finishing out the course!
      Abram Thau  User Photo
      Abram Thau • Student Verified via GitHub

I graduated the full stack full time program a month ago, and I can firmly say it was worth it. Going in I had some experience with programming, and I'd been taking udemy courses on Javascript, so I was unsure if I should spend the big chunk of change necessary for the bootcamp, or if I should just keep going through the cheaper online courses. But looking back on it I am so glad I did go with this program...they move incredibly quickly through the curriculum, so it's hard work, but each section builds on the previous material, so it's constant reinforcement of the various skills. Plus, the teaching staff and other students are a powerful resource. Without them it would have taken me many, many times longer to learn the same skills, and much less comprehensively.
      That said, it's important to set a couple expectations: you won't learn everything in extreme depth. You'll be laying the groundwork in front end, back end, APIs, servers, databases, etc, but continuing to learn on your own is absolutely necessary too.

I did knock them down to 4 stars on "instructors", simply because there was some inconsistency. Some of the TAs were absolutely stellar, and able to reliable point me in the right direction, and some were much shakier it terms of depth of knowledge. But all were wonderful to work with.

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      Way to go, Abram! It's great to know you felt supported by our instructional team and found both their assistance and your classmates to be powerful resources. Like you noted, this is a rigorous program, so we commend your hard work and dedication. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we appreciate your review! All the best as you move forward.
    • Great boot camp!
      Youngju Lucy Lee  User Photo
      Youngju Lucy Lee • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Love this boot camp! I'm learning so much through this bootcamp, connecting with various people, and enjoying the start of my new journey. Lots of help and support given throughout the course!

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      Thank you, Youngju! We're happy to hear you had a positive student experience. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
    • Claire Gibeau  User Photo
      Claire Gibeau • Project Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

My overall experience with the UW Full-Time bootcamp was a good one, though I do have some points to share with potential applicants. One being, when they say the program is a lot of work, they mean it! Having a BA and other certifications as well as having several years of work under my belt going into this, I thought I knew what working hard long hours looked like. This reset the bar. Expect to work every night and weekend, with very few exceptions, if you want to do well. That being said, I went into this class as a true beginner, so if you have experience you may find the work to take less time.

This class is marketed to all experience levels, as well as to Project Managers. My next point of feedback is that I somewhat disagree that that’s appropriate. 100% you will get more out of this class if you have at least some HTML, CSS, and GitHub experience, and have dabbled in at least one formal programming language (JavaScript especially). If you can take some side classes at a community college to get familiar in any of those prior to the class, you would get a lot more out of it.

From the PM perspective, this class really doesn’t teach you anything about how to manage a project. If you are taking this with the goal of becoming a TPM or PM in the technical world, expect to get your hands dirty working on projects, but don’t expect to be taught any formal frameworks or best practices. What is covered is stand-up meetings and the use of Kanban boards. On a high note, the completion of this bootcamp, in combination with my past work experience and PM Certification, has made me a competitive applicant and I have received a strong response from potential employers since completing the program.

I rated overall experience as a 4 because I expected to get more formal training from the PM perspective. I rated curriculum as a 4 because I feel it was too ambitious for a true beginner. The pre-work will not adequately prepare you for the pace and content of the course if you do not have previous experience. The instructors were fabulous with real-world experience in most cases. The job assistance (career coach) is marvelous and walks through your application materials and the application process in detail. If you sign up for the program, don’t wait to start this process; start talking to your coach early so that by the time you graduate, you can hit the ground running.

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      We appreciate you sharing your experience, Claire! It's great to hear you benefited from our entire team's assistance and are receiving positive responses in your job search.

Like you noted, this program will require a significant amount of time to truly understand and master the material. As such, we provide students with 30 hours of pre-work, and completely agree that beginners should familiarize themselves with some essential concepts before delving in; prior to classes beginning, we strive to emphasize and communicate the importance of this. We are always looking to optimize our offerings, so we appreciate your feedback.

Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we wish you all the best moving forward!
    • Craig Simmons  User Photo
      Craig Simmons • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I'm currently attending the UW Full-Stack Bootcamp program (spring/summer 2019).

The program is only halfway complete, but I've been really impressed by the quality of teaching, its curriculum, and the general structure of the course.  The program packs a lot of learning into a very short timeframe, but the instructors and TAs are always available to help and they're genuinely interested in their students' success.

The class requires a very serious time commitment, but by the end of the program, you’ll not only have a solid understanding of the MERN stack but significant hands-on experience (both individually and part of a team) as well.

I’m a definite fan of the program and can’t recommend it enough for those who want to start a new career or update and strengthen their skills.

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      Thanks so much, Craig! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the program and are finding our instructional team to be supportive. Great advice for prospective students—you will have to commit extensive time to master the topics covered, but it will be rewarding. Congratulations on reaching the midway point of the boot camp, we commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on towards graduation!
    • Mario Rodriguez  User Photo
      Mario Rodriguez • Senior Business Systems Analyst @Hines • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Computer Science teaches you the fundamentals, but not coding.  I signed up for the UW Coding Boot Camp to help me get started in coding and help build up my skills further, and I was not disappointed.  The program is challenging, demanding, but fulfilling; you get out what you put in.  If you are looking for a program to push you and challenge you, this is the program for you.  But, you won’t be alone in this journey, the support you receive from the instructional and support staff is amazing.  Aaron, Jen, Arjun, Alex and Maddie are phenomenal and have your best interest in mind.  10/10 would do it again.

Tuesday, Jun 11 2019
      Amazing, Mario! Like you mentioned, you get out what you put into the course, so we applaud all your hard work. It's great to hear you benefited from our team's ongoing support and also have to agree that Aaron, Jen, Arjun, Alex, and Maddie are phenomenal. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! We wish you continued success in all that you do.
    • LIFE CHANGING!
      - 6/10/2019
      Benjamin Vaagen  User Photo
      Benjamin Vaagen • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I have worked in the restaurant industry since I was in high school, and I have been looking for a way out for years. I saw that the University of Washington had a full stack coding boot camp, something that I had been interested in for a long time, but never followed through with. Because this was from the University of Washington, I felt that it had a degree of legitimacy that other programs did not. I took a leap of faith and enrolled in the program.

I was terrified. I hadn't been to school in so long, and I never graduated from college. I decided that I would always be the first one to class, and that I would spend as much time as I needed to succeed in the program. The first day, Aaron, the instructor, saw my anxiety, and told me that I would be a developer. I didn't really believe him.

This class was not easy. I had to learn how to learn again; it's not the same as it used to be when I was in school. Everything is on the computer, there is a whole new vocabulary, and all the software was new to me. The level of support from the instructor, Aaron, and the TAs Arjun, Madeline, and Alex was great! Jen would answer my frantic phone calls and emails that I wasn't understanding and assure me that everything was going to be okay. I was assigned a mentor from a cohort before me who was helpful. I was also assigned a TA, Angel, who was definitely the reason that I was able to succeed. She explained to me all of the things that I wasn't understanding, and now I have a relationship with her where, even though she isn't my tutor any more, I have a contact in the tech industry that I can bounce ideas and ask questions of.

The pace was unrelenting. It seemed like every week we started a new topic. But after a time, I got used to the pace, and learned to integrate the concepts from the previous weeks into what I was working on then. My confidence grew. My ability to learn, research, and apply solutions found on the internet, from class activities, or from my peers to my own code grew with each week. I learned so much, and I now understand how to move forward.

I have been recruited to be a TA for an upcoming cohort of the UW coding boot camp. I am interviewing for jobs in the tech industry. Because of my experience in class, as my instructor said, I am now a developer, and it is going to make the greatest difference in my life!

In this class, you get what you put in, so come prepared to learn, and to spend all of your time coding. All of it. And when you emerge on the other side, you too, will be, a developer.

Tuesday, Jun 11 2019
      Thanks, Benjamin! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change. Our mission is to enable student success, so we're glad to hear you benefited from our entire team's support—we also think Aaron, Arjun, Madeline, Alex, and Angel are pretty great. We're thrilled you'll be returning to TA for us and assist aspiring developers. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in your exciting new role!
    • Curtis J Yungen  User Photo
      Curtis J Yungen • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I was very pleased with my experience in the UW Coding Boot Camp program. The instructors and curriculum exceeded my expectations. Everything was well-organized and communicated, and the staff were very available and interested in the students' success. Not only did I graduate from the boot camp with a strong foundation for building a career in Web Development, I also left having created new friendships and connections. Even after graduation the program is continuing to be supportive what with Career Services helping with resume/online materials and the job search and other opportunities associated with the camp...Demo Day, Next Level competition, homework hackathons, etc. Very valuable and I'd strongly recommend the UW Coding Boot Camp to anyone interested in learning to code!

Tuesday, Jun 11 2019
      We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Curtis! It's great to know you enjoyed our program and successfully learned the fundamentals of web development. Our team looks forward to providing you continued career services assistance as you begin the job search. Congratulations on completing the course, we're confident you will go on to do amazing things with your newfound skills!
    • Andrew Rice  User Photo
      Andrew Rice • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This is exactly what I was looking for to get started in coding. You get out what you put in and that is spelled out from the beginning. The course is challenging and hard but what thing that you have ever wanted was easy. Aaron and the TAs Arjun and Alex were excellent and patient with any questions or troubles I or other students had. Jen was great with any questions I had. And Kim Black the career director was great as well at helping me get my job materials put together.

Friday, Jun 07 2019
      Thanks, Andrew! We're happy to hear you benefited from the support of our instructional team—we also agree that Aaron, Arjun, Alex, Jen, and Kim are all fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck moving forward!
    • Kevin LeRoy  User Photo
      Kevin LeRoy • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Over the past several years, I've had a pretty stable job but nothing that I was ever excited about. So I decided that I would start learning Web Technologies. My only problem is that I couldn't get started. I always had an excuse for not moving forward with additional education. Everything was so overwhelming to me. So back to my non-exciting job I went. I finally came to the realization that I needed to make a change. Enter the Bootcamp. I decided to take this route for a variety of reasons. Not least of which was the opportunity to have job coaching and be provided with the skills to apply in my chosen career path. I came into this wanting to change my life. I wanted to be put on a path to success so I can provide for my family both now and in the future. I'm so glad I did! The support has been absolutely tremendous. I have had weekly calls with my Career Coach. I've chatted over email with advisors who give me pointers on my resume. I've taken classes on interviewing and learning how to ask the right questions. I have weekly sessions with a Tutor who has helped me tremendously in my coding knowledge and ability. I continue to be amazed at the level of support offered (all of it lives up to the standards as advertised and then some). If I had one piece of advice for someone who is wavering on whether to join or not, I'd say run, don't walk to your computer and sign up! You will never regret learning new things. You'll hit a wall and think you just aren't going to get it. But just know there are countless others who have gone before you who experienced the same feelings. Furthermore, there are countless individuals who are there to lend an ear if that's all you need. So what are you waiting for?

Friday, Jun 07 2019
      Way to go, Kevin! We're thrilled you chose our program to make a significant career change and found our entire team to be supportive. Great piece of advice for prospective students—utilizing the boot camp's resources will truly help you. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! Best of luck as you move forward.
    • Katherine Tenhouse  User Photo
      Katherine Tenhouse • Graduate Verified via GitHub

When I first started plotting out a career change from retail operations into retail technology, I wasn't sure what my path would look like. I knew the tech stack that my teams were using and I knew there were plenty of ways to teach myself programming languages online -- what I didn't know was how to put it together in a real world context. This course included a practical, hands-on approach to the stack I wanted to learn, including time in person with other students. We practiced pair programming, working in small teams, and other key skills. By the end of the course, I was even able to build an iOS and Android app.

Most important of all, the confidence I have now is incredible. Before this program, I never would have felt comfortable building something and presenting it to a company. Now I'm pitching an idea directly to a company I admire and so far folks are incredibly receptive.

Friday, Jun 07 2019
      Amazing, Katherine! We're happy you enjoyed the in-person classroom experience and benefited from the support of our team. It's great to hear you not only learned the fundamentals of web development but feel confident in your newfound skills. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your review! All the best as you continue on your new career path.
    • Left wanting more.
      - 2/12/2019
      Max Smith  User Photo
      Max Smith • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I want to start off by saying that the UW Coding Bootcamp exceeded my expectations. The main instructor, Arron, was genuine, easy going, and went above and beyond to ensure the class was getting the best experience. All of the TAs were easy to approach with questions and troubleshooting issues.

The course material was easy to follow, yet allowed for ample room to experiment with our own additions. Although I was taking the course while working a full-time job, the pace of the course and rigor of the assignments allowed me to succesfully submit quality work.

Although the bootcamp sped through some of the subjects quickly (i.e. React) I felt they provided me with a nice foundation to go out and continue exploring. I also enjoyed being a part of such a diverse class. Every student had a unique background and it made for a unique group project experience.

Tuesday, Feb 12 2019
      Thank you, Max! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and felt supported by your our entire instructional team — we also agree that Arron is the best. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you sharing your experience! Best of luck as you continue forward.
    • Albert David  User Photo
      Albert David • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
      This was the best learning experience I ever had. I want to mention a couple names-- Arron Linton is impeccable with his skills and sense of humor. He's always willing to go the extra mile and follow up in office hours in case you need in-depth understanding of things. Jen Alexander is the best student success manager and is always willing to help you out with whatever it takes to succeed. And then come my TA's--they are excellent too. Available and ready to help in case you get stuck. Last but not least, the peers are a pleasure to work with as well--it was fun building projects with them. It's the perfect balance between in person and online. So in a nutshell, you get plenty of support while on your path to success. This class required a lot of determination and challenged me in ways I didn't know was possible, but allowed me to grow tremendously. Be ready to code for 20 hours / week outside of class. I wish the class never ended! Congrats everyone!
      Monday, Feb 11 2019
      Way to go, Albert! We're glad to hear you had such a positive learning experience and benefited from our entire team's support — we also think Arron, Jen, and the rest of our instructional team are pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We can't wait to see the amazing things you will accomplish with the new skills you gained.
    • Jared Yslas  User Photo
      Jared Yslas • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Excellent Program! I highly recommend this to anyone interested in programming and web development.  Arron and the instructional staff were very knowledgable and genuinely interested in your success.  The program is thorough and intense.  Come prepared to do the work, this is not a passive learning experience.

Tuesday, Feb 05 2019
      Thank you for your review, Jared! We're thrilled you had such a positive student experience and felt supported by our entire instructional team. We appreciate you recommending our program and sharing advice for future participants. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the success in your future endeavors!
    • Jeff Ball • Student

The UW Web Development boot camp is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to get into programming. It's a chance to get into one of the most exciting fields out there. Take the plunge. It's worth it.

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      Amazing, Jeff! We appreciate your recommendation and are glad you're enjoying your boot camp experience. Thanks for sharing your review, we're excited to see what you will continue to accomplish!
    • student
      Amanuel

It is awsome expericene in the bootcamp.  It has been 3 month's since I start and I learned a lot. The teachers and the teacher assistant help us very well.

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
      Thanks for your review, Amanuel! We're thrilled you're enjoying the program. We're rooting you on as you continue towards graduation!
    • Great course
      - 6/8/2019
      Josh Manuel • Graduate

This bootcamp was my only introduction into web developing, and I'm glad I chose this particular course. It's a very challenging 6 months (especially if you're like me who had no prior knowledge of coding) and the pace picks up exponentially as you move forward, but you just have to put in all the hours and trust the process.

There are some parts of the curriculum that I wanted to go deeper into (like Java), but this con is greatly outmatched by all the other pros. What really makes this course worth while is the massive support and numerous resources it provides for its students. Their instructor, TA's, career coach, and PM really are devoted to helping you understand the material and continually help you throughout the course and beyond.

Shout out to Aaron, Arjun, Alex, Maddie, Kim, and Jen; you guys are awesome and wonderful.

Tuesday, Jun 11 2019
      Thank you, Josh! We're happy to hear you benefited from our instructional support and all the available resources—we also have to agree that Aaron, Arjun, Alex, Maddie, Kim, and Jen are wonderful. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in your future endeavors!
    • Ray Ramez • Graduate

It was awesome experience for me, great stuff and great curriculum. Curriculum basically cover everything that market has and will make you job ready. Stuff will do their best to help you achieve your dream, but you also have to work very hard inside and outside of the class to achieve it as well.

Friday, Jun 07 2019
      Way to go, Ray! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! All the best in your coding endeavors.
    • Lan • Student

I attended the part time boot camp. The academic support and the curriculum were great. My instructor Arron was amazing and really went above and beyond. The staff supporting such as our teaching assistants and career coaches were awesome too. I'd love it even more if they had a career fair that matches me with jobs after graduation! Would recommend this boot camp to folks in the Seattle area.

Tuesday, Jun 04 2019
      We appreciate your review, Lan! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team—we also have to agree that Arron is pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your future endeavors!
    • Molly V • Graduate

This program was extremely challenging, but well worthwhile. I chose this bootcamp because I wanted to make a career change and was impressed with the curriculum. I went from minimal programming experience (HTML and a little Java) to feeling very confident about building full stack applications. The instructional staff and student success manager went way out of their way to help and were beyond supportive every step of the way. At the end of the program I passed the interviews to be a TA for the next session, so it’s great to see that they believe in their program enough to hire on their former students as instructional staff. I'm very optimistic and excited about my new career path!

Monday, Feb 11 2019
      Amazing, Molly! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change and returning to TA for us. We're thrilled you found our team to be so supportive. Congratulations on completing the course, we truly appreciate your review! We wish you the best of luck with all your future goals.
    • Colin • Graduate

I can't praise this program enough.

Jen Alexander had our back every step of the way. At the very beginning I was having some issues and she did everything in her power to make sure I was successful. Arron Linton also went above and beyond to ensure our success. His passion (for programming AND teaching) and knowledge easily make him one of the best educators I've had the privilege of learning from.

The program also offers career service professionals who provide constant feedback on ways to become more competitive and have committed to continue that guidance after graduation. Along with weekly 1:1 tutoring it's obvious each staff member is dedicated to your success.

I plan to provide a follow up review based on my experiences in applying for jobs.

Friday, Feb 08 2019
      Thank you for sharing your experience, Colin! We're happy you had a positive student experience and benefited from our entire boot camp team — we also think Jen and Arron are fantastic. Congratulations on completing the program, we look forward to providing you continued assistance throughout your upcoming job search!

My overall experience with UW coding camp is great. The pace of the class is fast, and you need to spend a lot of time on doing the homework and redo the in-class activities. And you will get the support you need from your instructor and TAs. The instructor is knowledgable and you can learn tons of stuff in the class. However, because of the extensive content, the courses are difficult and more focus on back end.

Friday, Jun 07 2019
      Thank you for your review! Like you noted, students will have to dedicate extensive time on completing assignments and mastering the course material, but reaching out to our instructional team for assistance is a great resource. We're rooting you on as you continue navigating the program and working hard towards graduation!
    • Anonymous • VB • Graduate

Attending the UW Boot Camp wasinvaluable. I learned  as much about code as I did about myself. Throughout this process lessons in how to be a better team player, communicator, and harness time more efficiently. The instructor and TAs truly invest their time and support facilitating student success.  During intense project weeks (and other days as well)  one if not most members of the staff either came in early/stay late. The Staff is extremely supportive and the curriculum challenging yet understandable and well-structured.  I am extremely happy with my experience. Would definitely recommend.

- 6/6/2019
      The staff really does care about your success.
      Friday, Jun 07 2019
      Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you found our team to be supportive.